Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a tough day today - taking a real dip on the emotional rollercoaster. Seeing these latest numbers was a punch in the stomach. I keep thinking of the families and friends left behind and how on earth do they cope because they can’t even grieve the way they would’ve in the pre-virus world. I hate this.

"And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

Lift your eyes to the hills where your help comes from. Psalm 121:1

Hold fast. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

Bringing this forward from the last thread:

“After some coaxing, she learned a hacker named "MoLester" joined the class chat and showed *advertiser censored* to the children and their teacher.”

[...]

The I-Team found stories of “Zoombombing” as it's called unfolding across the country from local schools to colleges to city council meetings.
Some districts have even asked teachers to use a different platform altogether.”

[...]

“So, what security steps can a host impose?

-Use a random meeting ID and not a personal one.
-Enable the Waiting Room feature to decide on who can enter the meeting.
-Lock the meeting after it starts so no one else can jump in.
-Disable File Sharing
-Only allow the host to have control of screen sharing.”

[...]

“Microsoft Teams is "in-network", which will make it easier for IT to prevent future hacks.”

I-TEAM: Hacker gained access to CSRA middle school Zoom chat and showed *advertiser censored* to students

Last edited:
:(Geez this should have been done two weeks ago

Costco changing membership policy to further control how many people are in the warehouse at one time

Beginning April 3, members will only be allowed to bring one guest inside the store with them. Previously, Costco members could bring two guests per membership card, as well as their children.

The big-box chain explained the decision on its website, saying the move is designed to control the amount of people in the warehouse at one time.

Costco changing membership policy to further control how many people are in the warehouse at one time

Beginning April 3, members will only be allowed to bring one guest inside the store with them. Previously, Costco members could bring two guests per membership card, as well as their children.

The big-box chain explained the decision on its website, saying the move is designed to control the amount of people in the warehouse at one time.
This is awesome & hopefully more will follow suit. Moo

What the Nurses See: Bronx Hospital Reels as Coronavirus Swamps New York

What nurses are seeing.
Wish everyone would read this article.
It’s serious.

Good article, thanks.

Snippet:

“Many nurses say they are terrified of passing on the disease inadvertently to loved ones; several nurses’ family members have tested positive. It is unclear whether the nurses were carriers of the virus and difficult for them to find out.

Mr. Mathew’s biggest fear: “I suspect we are now vectors.””

[...]

“A co-worker told Ms. Norstein on Sunday that they are no longer to do chest compressions to resuscitate Covid-19 patients because it uses lots of protective gear and puts workers at greater risk than chemical resuscitations. Ms. Sheridan-Gonzalez, the union president, said she heard from other nurses who corroborated that it has become an “unspoken rule.”

“The situation is disgusting,” she said. Nurses and doctors said they want to provide all the care but find themselves hobbled by the lack of gear.

Ms. Norstein’s unit had become unrecognizably messy. Paper bags hung on walls with nurses’ names on them, holding their reused masks. IV poles and bedside tables, piled with gauze pads and syringes, cluttered the hallway, moved outside patients’ rooms so they wouldn’t be contaminated.

Floors were often unmopped, and sometimes the garbage wasn’t taken out, because cleaning staff were scared of going into Covid-19 patients’ rooms without protection, she said: “My biggest concern is that the patients are not going to get the quality of care that I would like to have if I get this disease.””

Disease Detectives Goal: Identify what is making people sick

1. Gather information and find experts
  2. Connect with local or state health department
  3. Interview members of the community
  4. Examine patient zero and earliest cases (NOT BEING DONE IN THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT…WHY?)
  5. Contact tracing (GOV LAMONT, WHY BURY MARCH 5, 2020 WESTPORT PARTY ZERO INFORMATION? 100 PEOPLE CAN BE CONTACTED. IT IS A PARTY LIST THAT IS AVAILABLE.)
  6. Piece together the information
CDC's 'disease detectives' are on the coronavirus case

CDC's 'disease detectives' are on the coronavirus case

Good Morning all. I am getting super scared and really down.
The cases and deaths in my state are really increasing.
I have to go to the store today - no gloves and no mask.
I am scared. I am going to go to Publix instead of Walmart since the last time I went to
Walmart the crowd was like Christmas time.

I know that we are all scared and you folks have been a comfort to me.
Do you haven a bandana or a scarf, that you could tie kind of like a bandit? That works too...:p

Wear a hat, sunglasses, a bandana over your mouth, and you are more protected than before.

Coronavirus updates: Deadliest day yet puts U.S. COVID-19 toll over 4,000

“Emergency room doctors have told CBS News the coronavirus epidemic sweeping across the U.S. is scaring them like nothing they've dealt with before. Tuesday saw a record number of COVID-19 deaths recorded in a single day in the country, as 865 people lost their lives to the disease.

Those fatalities put America's death toll over 4,080, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Italy, Spain, Britain and France also suffered their deadliest days as the pandemic continues to spread. In the United States, where more than 190,000 people have been diagnosed — more than any other nation — the White House has confirmed that its own modelling shows between 100,000 and 240,000 are likely to die before the crisis is over, even if people heed social distancing guidelines.”

I'm sure the military base has a hospital facility. It's a pretty major base IIRC, and certainly a very strategic base, so probably has the ability to respond to emergency needs.
Not to quarantine or treat 4000 sailors, apparently. The hospital capacity may not even be half that, and there were likely already patients there before the virus broke out on the ship. Jmo

11M AGO
“More than 30,000 dead in Europe

The number of deaths in Europe now tops 30,000, according to Johns Hopkins University. Over 12,000 people have died in Italy, more than 9,000 people in Spain, and 3,532 people in France. At least 2,356 people have died in the United Kingdom.”

[...]

“France uses high-speed trains and planes to move COVID-19 patients to available hospital beds
Trains and planes are being pressed into action to help France transfer COVID-19 patients from the worst-hit areas of the country to places with available hospital beds. Thirty-six patients from the Paris region were transferred by train to the western region of Brittany on Wednesday alone.

They were moved on two high-speed TGV trains that have effectively been transformed into rail ambulances, with passenger seats removed to allow for all the necessary medical equipment and personnel.

Six more patients were transferred from the east of France — the worst-hit region — to Toulouse in the southwest, by military plane earlier today.

Many of those being evacuated are on life-support — the first time ever that such high-risk transfers have been carried out in France. Officials say only patients in stable condition are being moved, and there is no added risk involved in the cross-country transfers.

france-coronavirus-train-tgv.jpg

Dozens of patients have also been transferred to neighboring Germany. Austria, which doesn't share a border with France, has offered to take more.”

Coronavirus updates: Deadliest day yet puts U.S. COVID-19 toll over 4,000

Update Rev. Tony Spell, Life Tabernacle Church, Central, LA:
Please, someone, put this guy in jail.

"Spell added that government authorities were throwing away the nation's Constitution under a "COVID hoax" that hasn't had the level of medical toll and death that, he says, experts had initially predicted would happen at this point. He called the fears about the virus a "politically motivated scheme to shut the doors on America's churches and we refuse to shut our doors."

Central pastor holds service hours after arrest on violating governor's stay-at-home order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire