Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion #2

Now we have a high wind warning.

...The morning hours is your best opportunity for a walk or jog around the neighborhood. But don’t be fooled: clouds will return, scattered showers will develop by early afternoon, temperatures will start falling (into the upper 40s -- 9 degrees Celsius) by late afternoon, and the wind will increase. In fact, we could see gusts of 40-45 mph, which is why the National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday...

Metro Detroit weather forecast: Active weather night ahead

Forecast: Spring in Michigan likely warmer, wetter

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Spring in Michigan and across the country this year is expected to be warmer than normal, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration...

"For Michigan and Detroit, the odds there will be a warmer-than-normal spring are stronger than the Upper Peninsula, but not significantly," said Jon Gottschalck, head of Forecast Operations for the National Weather Service's Climate Prediction Center. "That's been the signal or indication for a couple of months now and that hasn't changed too much." ...

Metro Detroit weather: Mild showers followed by storms

Highs near 60

DETROIT – Welcome to Tuesday, Motown.

Today is bookended by rounds of shower and storm activity; once in the morning and, again, in the evening and nighttime. Some storms have a chance of being stronger than your garden variety rainmaker. It will be mild today and tomorrow. Then, it becomes chillier and more blustery just before Easter Weekend...

Metro Detroit weather: Wicked wind on the horizon

Afternoon showers possible

DETROIT – Happy Easter!

We’ve had some light showers overnight, but those will be gone by dawn and I think most of the morning will be dry.

Although a few breaks of sun are possible, there will be more emphasis on clouds today. Scattered showers develop this afternoon...

Put simply, Monday will be a downright crazy weather day. We’ll start the day with rain and mild temperatures in the upper 50s (15 degrees Celsius). Then a powerful cold front crosses the area mid-morning, which will have three notable impacts on us:
  • Rain ends.
  • Temperatures plummet into the 40s (6 degrees Celsius) by afternoon.
  • Wind increases dramatically from the west...

I saw the reports. I am working from home (past 4 weeks because I may have had the virus and was soooo sick). I will go to the gas station later to get ice for my coolers. I pray no issues for those in the storm's path. Already hard enough to get food with this virus.

Spring turns to snow for southern Michigan; sun for weekend

The week is ending with a bit of snow for southern lower Michigan, as some light to moderate snow is expected across the region.

A system moving in from the west is forecast to bring spring snow showers that could change to rain late in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. A winter weather advisory is in effect from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for Lenawee and Monroe counties...

We got 6 inches of snow last night. I hope it melts quickly because the lawn really needs to be mowed.

Freeze warning issued as temps drop to mid-20s in Metro Detroit tonight

Metro Detroit's weekend forecast is calling for weather so cold, the National Weather Service has issued a freeze warning for Saturday.

The warning is in effect from midnight Friday through 9 a.m. Saturday for Genesee, Lapeer, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, Saginaw, Shiawassee, St. Clair, Washtenaw and Wayne counties, the agency said. It warns frost may kill crops and other sensitive vegetation as well as damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.

Meteorologists with the service said arctic air moving into the region Friday is to blame. Temperatures are expected to reach the low- to mid-40s Friday and then plunge into the mid- and upper 20s Friday night...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back