The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible, isn't it? Hands up anyone who would like to move into a virus epicenter ?
Isnt it downtown LA where the spread is bad? Not that I know the city at all but I thought the wealthier inhabitants lived in widely spaced houses. Just presumed it's in the built up areas where the risk is, and on public transport etc. Not so much up in the hills, guessing they will live somewhere away from it all?

Prince Louis is the only one of Prince William and Kate Middleton's children to have grown up in London

Prince William and Kate reside at Apartment 1A in Kensington Palace, London, but until 2017, they had lived in two different places. Prince Louis, who was born in 2018, is therefore the only one of their children who has lived in London his whole life.

From 2010 to 2013, the couple lived in Anglesey, an island off the north-west coast of Wales, where William worked as an RAF search and rescue pilot. Prince George was born in July 2013 and the Cambridges relocated to their Norfolk country estate, Anmer Hall, after William transferred to the East Anglia Air Ambulance.

Thanks for sharing. I just googled it and I would love to visit there. Even more so, Scotland. My grandpa was born in Scotland.

Let's pray we get a chance to travel again.

Isnt it downtown LA where the spread is bad? Not that I know the city at all but I thought the wealthier inhabitants lived in widely spaced houses. Just presumed it's in the built up areas where the risk is, and on public transport etc. Not so much up in the hills, guessing they will live somewhere away from it all?

This is correct (I think). In my state, although it is everywhere, it is concentrated in poor urban areas.

No. A couple of days ago, I posted a link in the main thread that said the most expensive areas of CA have been the hardest hit.

Sadly, this must be true in most places because of the numbers of inhabitants I think.

Where in Scotland was your grandpa from?

Mine's from Lanark. Great-great-grandpa.

Queen Elizabeth II latest: The touching way Queen is helping children during lockdown

2394108.jpg

image from linked article

Off to see if I can print this! A CyberSleuth medal, perhaps???

Viral game reveals Kate Middleton's quarantine theme song is Twist and Shout by Chaka Demus and Pliers while Meghan Markle's is Take That's Pray

People across the globe have been finding ways to keep themselves entertained during the coronavirus lockdown, from home workouts to social media challenges. One of the posts that is being widely shared online is "whatever song was number one on your 12th birthday is your quarantine theme song".

Kate was born on 9 January 1982 so she would have celebrated her 12th birthday in 1994. Jamaican reggae duo Chaka Demus & Pliers topped the chart at the time with their cover of Top Notes' Twist and Shout. They were also famous for their other hits Tease Me and Murder She Wrote.

Meanwhile, Meghan, who was born in Los Angeles on 4 August 1981, turned 12 in 1993. At that time, British boyband Take That celebrated with their first number one single Pray, which stayed at the top of the UK chart for four weeks. Across the pond, Birmingham-based reggae band, UB40, had climbed to number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, with their version of Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling In Love. It remained at the top spot for seven consecutive weeks.

The royals are also currently self-isolating so HELLO! has taken a look at the number one singles in the UK when the Duchess of Cambridge and Duchess of Sussex were 12 years old – and they might surprise you!

Kate Middleton and Prince William take a break from kids' Easter holidays to continue royal duties | HELLO!

Kate Middleton and Prince William take a break from kids' Easter holidays to continue royal duties
William and Kate are self-isolating in their Anmer Hall home

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have continued with their royal duties despite the COVID-19 lockdown. On Wednesday, the couple took time out from caring for their children to talk to staff at Queen's Hospital Burton and staff at University Hospital Monklands, in Airdrie, Lanarkshire, via telephone.

The royal couple are not the only ones working from home. Princess Anne, who is self-isolating at her Gatcombe Park Estate in Gloucestershire, also continued her duties via phone on Wednesday, and participated in a meeting with the Trustees of the Animal Health Trust, of which she is President, via a conference call.

And in Windsor, the Queen, who is self-isolating with her husband Prince Philip, held an audience with Prime Minister Boris Johnson via telephone. Boris has recently admitted that he has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating at home.

This is the fourth time William and Kate have publicly supported the NHS during these unprecedented times. Last month they visited the London Ambulance Service 111 call centre in Croydon, south-west London, where they heard how the number of calls from the public had quadrupled since the crisis began.

Exciting news for baby Archie as conservation project named in honour reaches its goal to plant 100,000 trees

Exciting news for baby Archie as campaign named in his honour reaches incredible milestone
Prince Harry and Meghan's son turns one on 6 May

Harry and Meghan will be thrilled to know that a project named in their and baby Archie's honour has reached an incredible milestone. A group of fans started the Sussex Great Forest campaign back in November, originally setting out with a goal of 10,000 trees to be planted by the royal tot's first birthday on 6 May. The group reached that figure a month later and since then, they set a new target of 100,000. On 1 April, the Sussex Great Forest announced the amazing news that 101,079 trees have been planted in Harry, Meghan and Archie's names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288