Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
great idea, if they really, really are unable to spread it.

The UK plans to issue coronavirus 'immunity passports' so Brits can leave the lockdown early

The UK plans to roll out "immunity passports" to Brits who have already contracted the COVID-19 disease in order to allow them to return to "normal life," the Health Secretary Matt Hancock said on Thursday.

"We are looking at an immunity certificate," Hancock told a Downing Street press conference.

"How people who have had the disease have got the antibodies and then have immunity can show that and therefore get back as much as possible to normal life,"

TheHill: Georgia governor says he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread
coronavirus.
Georgia governor says he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread coronavirus

Is this true? If so, why was this man left in the dark about this virus?

ETA: maybe he should join WS! Seriously, this is where I find a lot of valuable information!!

This is totally unbelievable. I have felt a tad safer being on the Georgia/Florida line, rather than one of the bigger cities...but stuck between these two governors is going to kill so many more of us....... geezzzz

Here’s a twist. I’ve been retired and either hospitalized or home bound for eleven years. I rarely wear makeup any more. Usually only to my doctor’s visit, holidays or rare shopping outings. I’ve started this smile and stretch routine to deal with the stress the rest of my family is experiencing. I find a mirror, stare at myself, stand up tall (I’m 4’11” lol so I use my tippy toes) with my shoulders straight, raise my hands above my head. Take a few slow breaths in and out. (Smell the roses ~ blow out the candles) Stretch from side to side. Smile at myself at the mirror. The longer I can stand staring at my smile, the happier the endorphins ping. I keep smiling. The first day I did this, I had this sudden urge to put on makeup.Wow, am I out of practice!

I came out of my room and my granddaughter did a double take. “Grandma, where are you going?” “Nowhere, just hanging out.” I said. “Well, you should go nowhere more often. Cause you’re beautiful.”

I stood up a little taller that day. Maybe 4’11” and a half. Who knows, by the time things settle down, I might grow to five feet. It’s the little things that count...

I love reading your posts, Ima. You inspire me with every word - and your granddaughter is a precious gem!

Thank you, honey, for being your beautiful, "tall" self. Thank you to your granddaughter for being her beautiful self, too!

Much Love,
Sorrell

I think your information is inaccurate. I've been on plenty of cruises and crew members regularly get off the ships to explore the ports. They rotate so that there are always crew members on board but I've never heard of any crew members not being allowed off the ship. If there is something about them that makes them inadmissible to get off the ship then they are probably not eligible to work on a cruise ship. Whether in Cozumel, Tampa, Madeira, UK , or Spanish ports we regularly saw crew members walking around the port, having a beverage, or buying souvenirs.

Yes, but not to stay for extended periods. And not all crew members may be eligible to get off in the United states. That is the issue.

Bless you. Balling. Thank you Going to make some coffee.

ETA: Don’t want to make this about me haha. I’ll be fine. Just sayin. It’s getting rough. We have to focus on positive things. That’s the point. A month in and it’s getting rough. Need to resume some kind of normalcy.

ETA2; Here’s another thing. I can’t get food delivery for another 10 days. I think I have enough to make it but it’s going to be rough. Like I’m talking protein shakes. That’s ok. I can stand to miss some meals.

ETA3: Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now. Sorry about that. Just wanted to express the importance of staying ahead of the depression.

Gratitude always.

You're not alone. I am a high anxiety person and have been so for my whole life. I am one that jolts awake at 2 in the morning most mornings filled with dread--most times with no real big reason....just my mind making things bigger than they are. Now, I think for a split second and realize THE VIRUS is the thing. And it's real.

Deeeeeeeep breathing. Reducing caffeine even though I like a morning cup of coffee.

And, this thread with all my people (sorry but I call all of you my people because I've read along since the first thread plus I've been around WS since the old days from the first forum).

Just remember you're not alone. You're not wrong. You did a great job stocking up--NOT HOARDING, you prepared to be able to stay at home and do your civic duty to flatten the curve.

The above is what I try to remember too.

(((hugs)))

Texas city moves to fine people who don't cover their faces outside to protect against coronavirus

Texas city moves to fine people who don't cover their faces outside to protect against coronavirus

anyone entering a building, using public transit or pumping their gas must cover their nose and mouth with a mask, bandana, scarf or any cloth

“This does not apply when a person is: engaging in a permissible outside physical activity; that are riding in a personal vehicle; that are in alone in a separate single space; that are with their own shelter group (household members); when doing so poses a greater health, safety or security risk; or for consumption purposes,”

Last edited:
It really is a rollercoaster, isn’t it. I’m so glad we have this thread. Sending you a socially distanced interwebs {{{hug}}}

Thank you, CeeCeeCat. Virtual hugs all round!

Speaking of “socially distanced”, I came up with a good line for the next time a lady is at the bar and and a creepo is hitting on them and getting in their space:

“Please practice social distancing!”

Last edited:
So I noticed that both this morning and yesterday morning, that right when I woke up and hadn’t even opened my eyes yet that I had this awful heavy feeling of what I only know how to describe as deep depression. I was barely even awake, yet I could feel this awful depressed heavy feeling. Of course I’ve experienced depression before this, but just noting that the “ick” is really peeking it’s head out again. I look forward so much to coming here and reading everyone’s posts because it really really makes me feel better.

Now I’m crying LOL.

I think no yoga, been cooped up in here, stress, dread, worry for my family who are elderly and health workers is starting to take a toll. I feel sick.

So, I really have to be aware that this “invisible depression monster” is trying to get under me. I’m going to have to consciously fight this monster it seems. This means, as I’ve talked about before, really doing positive things to bring joy and help resume some sense of normalcy. I’ve been in the house for a month so no wonder I’m starting to lose it.

Goals: Clean and get house back in order.

Some of you may recall from the early days when I said I had a home issue which was going to require workers in the house and everyone advised against it unless it was an emergency. Well here is the deal - I was in the middle of planning to move to a new house. :(. But no way I was going to risk movers and a moving truck.

Anyway that all went to crap and I’m stuck here now, which is okay, but I was half packed, living out of boxes so to speak.

So now I have to get settled back into my house. Which will make me feel better, because everything is in disarray.

Thanks is for letting me ramble and thanks everyone for being here.

It’s so important remember during these emotional episodes that there is so much to be grateful for. I have so much. Others had no warning to get themselves food and supplies...

I’m financially stressed too. We all are.

Boohoo.
Girlfriend ❤️ come check out this thread for some sanity and health survival tips when those blues come knockin’. We’ll find a way to get to rockin’. Together. You aren’t alone. We got ya.
Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

A stay at home order has to come from the national level. In concept, this lets the virus peter out over the course of weeks, as people won't be moving and re-infecting populations. The variable state shutdowns is counterproductive, and will just lead to stretching this out over a longer period, with more painful results.

America is the least mentally prepared country for a pandemic, IMO. Countries that have better control over their populations, such as China (through whatever means necessary) and South Korea have excelled at containment.

In America, we're free, nobody tells us what to do. Live free or die!

Or live free and die...

:( That's my home state's motto... I don't like your version.:(

Social Distancing Scoreboard
According to the World Health Organization and the CDC, social distancing is currently the most effective way to slow the spread of COVID-19. We created this interactive Scoreboard, updated daily, to empower organizations to measure and understand the efficacy of social distancing initiatives at the local level.

Please scroll down and explore the data — the more we all understand, the more lives we can save together.

Covid-19 Social Distancing Scoreboard — Unacast

Opinion | ‘I Do Fear for My Staff,’ a Doctor Said. He Lost His Job.
Health care professionals are being punished for protecting themselves, and us.
These superheroes are at risk partly because we sometimes send them into battle without adequate personal protective equipment, or P.P.E. This should be a national scandal, and now hospitals are compounding the outrage by punishing staff members who speak up or simply try to keep themselves safe.

In Bellingham, Wash., an E.R. doctor, Ming Lin, pleaded on social media for better protections for patients and the staff at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, where he had worked for 17 years.
“I do fear for my staff,” Dr. Lin warned. “Morally, I think when you see something wrong, you have to speak out.”

The hospital responded by terminating Dr. Lin.

Dr. Lin told me that he had no regrets, but he asked supporters not to circulate petitions on his behalf for fear that such an effort would distract from managing the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa