Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rapid rise in US coronavirus cases: America now has DOUBLE the number of infections as Europe epicenter Spain and is reporting five times as many illnesses as China did during its peak

The US continues to outpace every other country in coronavirus cases as the pandemic spreads.

There are more than 245,000 confirmed cases in America. That is twice as many as the country with the second-highest number of cases: Spain at 117,000.

In just a matter of weeks, the US surpassed other countries once considered to be the epicenter of the global outbreak including China, Italy, Germany, Iran and South Korea.

A new graph shows that just 20 days after the first case was reported, the US had more than 20,000 cases.

The rapid rise in US coronavirus cases: America has DOUBLE the number of infections as Spain | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 241584

#StayHomeSaveLives
Out of context...

We have more virus cases because our population is far greater. If each state was it's own country and Western European was one country then Western Europe would be far and away the top country for the virus.

Ventilators. Those that need a ventilator will die without it. Don't have enough. Crisis.

How important are ventilators? Does anyone know?

Most coronavirus patients who end up on ventilators go on to die, according to several small studies from the U.S., China and Europe.

"We're not sure how much help ventilators are going to be," Osborn says. "They may help keep somebody alive in the short term. We're not sure if it's going to help keep someone alive in the long term."

We have some early published data on percentages which vary widely. A paper from China involved 710 Covid-19 patients; 52 were admitted to an ICU. Of the 22 who eventually required mechanical ventilation, 19 died.

86% of those put on ventilators died.

Another early study reported 31 of 32 mechanically ventilated patients died.

97% of those put on ventilators died.

Probably the best published information we have so far is from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Center (ICNARC) in the UK. Of 165 patients admitted to ICUs, 79 (48%) died. Of the 98 patients who received advanced respiratory support—defined as invasive ventilation, BPAP or CPAP via endotracheal tube, or tracheostomy, or extracorporeal respiratory support—66% died.

66% of those put on ventilators died.

Ventilators have been seen as critical to treating coronavirus patients because the devices are very successful when used to treat common forms of pneumonia, says Hajizadeh. "We treat patients for several days, and then we get the antibiotics into the body and the patient recovers," she says. "Unfortunately with this COVID-associated pneumonia, there are no treatments that we know work for sure."

It appears to me that ventilators are remarkably ineffective at treating CV victims. Because there is no treatment for CV, the current prognosis for going on a ventilator is bleak. This could change if treatments are shown to be effective, but that is unlikely for this peak of the outbreak. None of this is good news, but information matters, despite the information being imperfect (no time for peer reviewed studies).

The media will have us believe that ventilators are the solution and point fingers (in many directions), not so sure that is true.

Ventilators Are No Panacea For Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients

Mortality rate of COVID-19 patients on ventilators | Physician's Weekly

Out of context...

We have more virus cases because our population is far greater. If each state was it's own country and Western European was one country then Western Europe would be far and away the top country for the virus.

China has fewer cases with a population of 1.3 billion, suggesting that population size is not the reason that some countries have an uncontrolled outbreak.

Well, I didn’t have a headache when I woke up, but I do now. :(
Sex offenders/rapists/criminals released.
Drug shortages.
Food supply is an struggle, constantly looking for delivery/no pickup slots! Avoid stores! Out of masks.
Think I will take something and go back to bed. Nope - can’t - already low on Tylenol and have to save that for them since you can’t find it anywhere now.
Arrrgh!!

Thanks for posting, just adding a link to your story:

Secret Service signs $45,000 “emergency order” for golf carts: report

The Secret Service signed a $45,000 "emergency order" to rent golf carts at President Donald Trump's Virginia golf club on Monday, according to The Washington Post.

The agency signed a contract, which it described as an "emergency order," to rent 30 golf carts from a West Virginia-registered company called Capitol Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles from April 1 until the end of September, according to the report. The contract did not mention Trump but it "closely mirrors" previous contracts the agency signed before protecting the president at his New Jersey and Florida golf resorts.

So do we know when and where the golf outing is?

I know it's extremely weird, but where I'm from we use golf carts as transportation at festivals, field hospitals, moving people from one place to another, etc.

ETA are 5 month golf outings the norm?

Jmo

The global medical device manufacturer DeRoyal says, "One obstacle to making fabric personal protection equipment is the fact that most of the material comes from China.

“The problem here is that the Chinese supply chain; not only is it disrupted, but they’re still keeping a lot of that personal protective gear for their own use so you’re seeing disruption not only in manufacturing but in the exporting and manufacturing of the raw materials themselves,” DeBusk says. “A lot of these raw materials like the SMS fabric used in lots of personal protection equipment –the vast majority is made in China. So even if we began sewing for example, the isolation gowns, we wouldn’t be able to get the materials for it because they also were sourced out of China. It’s very frustrating."

Deroyal dealing with ‘bittersweet boom in business,’ making masks and face shields

China has fewer cases with a population for 1.3 billion, suggesting that population size is not the reason that some countries have an uncontrolled outbreak.

Report: China Stopped Testing for COVID-19. That's Why There Are Zero New Cases.

That's because China is a lying sack of_____ fill in blank. It has been reported many times they don't give out their true numbers. It has been reported they put down pneumonia as cause of death instead of Covid-19.

China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say

COVID-19: evidence of Chinese government lies and worse

Last edited:
The global medical device manufacturer DeRoyal says, "One obstacle to making fabric personal protection equipment is the fact that most of the material comes from China.

“The problem here is that the Chinese supply chain; not only is it disrupted, but they’re still keeping a lot of that personal protective gear for their own use so you’re seeing disruption not only in manufacturing but in the exporting and manufacturing of the raw materials themselves,” DeBusk says. “A lot of these raw materials like the SMS fabric used in lots of personal protection equipment –the vast majority is made in China. So even if we began sewing for example, the isolation gowns, we wouldn’t be able to get the materials for it because they also were sourced out of China. It’s very frustrating."

Deroyal dealing with ‘bittersweet boom in business,’ making masks and face shields

It's a bit of a rude wakeup call for the rest of the world that the global supply chain is unreliable in times of need. National level manufacturing and self-reliance is the natural consequence of what we see today. There has to be an economic shift during and after this pandemic.

Well, I didn’t have a headache when I woke up, but I do now. :(
Sex offenders/rapists/criminals released.
Drug shortages.
Food supply is an struggle, constantly looking for delivery/no pickup slots! Avoid stores! Out of masks.
Think I will take something and go back to bed. Nope - can’t - already low on Tylenol and have to save that for them since you can’t find it anywhere now.
Arrrgh!!

Not certain where you are, but I found Tylenol at Office Depot, look at some of the office supply websites - large quantity, but that is something I never stock and had absolutely none. Hope to be able to share this bounty once all in clear. Good luck!

That's because China is a lying sack of_____ fill in blank. It has been reported many times they don't give out their true numbers. It has been reported they put down pneumonia as cause of death instead of Covid-19.

China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say

COVID-19: evidence of Chinese government lies and worse

Many countries are only counting those people who are tested, or who die in hospital - just like China. People who are not sick enough to be hospitalized are not tested and not added to the numbers.

Kentucky plans to release more than 900 prisoners because of the COVID-19 outbreak

I know this is happening in every state, I understand there is no alternative, our prisons & jails are not medically staffed like a hospital. But......this is beginning to concern me as much as the virus. Personally, I don’t see an onslaught of fresh from years of lock up persons willing to stay in another two weeks. I don’t care what level criminal get released, the fact remains they broke the law to the degree prison was imposed. Jmo
Also, they will be tested prior to release. What about where they plan to go, will those people be tested?
Who can police released inmates? As we know most LE cut way back on calls they respond to. Smh and all moo.

If there's any "good" to come from the release of child predators. . . maybe it will convince parents to keep their kids indoors during their "stay at home" orders. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member