Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our framework for flourishing at the Human Flourishing Program at Harvard acknowledges that health-related and economic aspects of life (concerning which there will be losses) are central and important.

Yet there are other important dimensions to flourishing as well: meaning and purpose, character and virtue, close social relationships, and happiness.

Helping Others ❤️
In one of our recent research posts, we described how research indicates that volunteering, the helping of others, is an especially powerful pathway to enhancing meaning and purpose. You can find similar ways to help those around you, increasing your sense of purpose and meaning while shaping your habits towards kindness, helpfulness, and generosity.

Further reflection upon right action and generosity towards others likewise calls into question the practice of hoarding food and resources for oneself, potentially resulting in systemic distributional failures.

Strengthening Relationships ❤️
Are there any relationships that are in need of reconciliation or forgiveness? There are helpful resources that can be used to work through the process of forgiveness.

There is considerable evidence that writing down (or sharing with others) three things for which you are grateful, three times a week, can considerably improve life satisfaction and alleviate depressive symptoms.

Reflecting on Life ❤️
Our confrontation with suffering, and even death, provides an important opportunity for reflection. What is it that we value most? What relationships might be in need of forgiveness or reconciliation? How is it that we are to understand our lives and our own mortality? These are not easy questions. For these, we must turn away from the data. We must turn towards our interior life, to those around us who are wise, to our rich theological and philosophical traditions, to try, as best as possible, to discern what it is that matters most.
The Human Flourishing Program
Human Flourishing Program (@HFHarvard) | Twitter

So, funny story, my friend tells me that the minute she walks in the door, her husband wants her "buck nekkid". Wow! That must be some romantic marriage!

Nope, he puts her clothes immediately in the washing machine, and wants her to take a shower and wash her hair.

"Virus De-Lousing Procedure". :p

@JaneEyre that is interesting, my husband asked me last night about my dreams. I don't have any. He said that a lot of people have been having an increased amount of very vivid dreams.

I have been very tense, and I am done with news. Just for fun, we are watching old westerns. Last night was "Hang 'Em High". The bad guys wore black cowboy hats.

Multi-quote & I do not play well together.

If you aren't remembering dreams, you probably aren't getting enough sleep or enough deep sleep cycles. Lavender scent in your bedroom, read a physical book, develop a relaxation routine. Your brain needs those dreams!

We found Quigley Down Under yesterday. Great music, great scenery, right takes the day, and both the hero & the villain are dreamy!

Have any of you seen the video of Samuel L. Jackson reading the bedtime story re Staying home/corona virus on YouTube? It is hilarious and it has foul language.
63 years young. ❤️
63 years young. ❤️
Have any of you seen the video of Samuel L. Jackson reading the bedtime story re: Staying home/corona virus on YouTube? It is hilarious and it has foul language.
Just went and found it, not easy. Tried to copy it to here, we all know how bad at that I am.
I am back to report it is worth finding. It is hilarious, I am a huge Sam L Jackson fan. His reading of the book titled "Stay the f#$% at home." is funny as all f#$%.
Thank you.

A plethora of hair coloring commercials airing lately. I watched a cheesy Lifetime movie last night, and it seemed like there was at least one hair color ad during every commercial segment. DH decided to go grey about 10 years ago, and I ended up going natural, as well. Never looked back and love my shoulder-length silvery locks :)

Now those of us that have old lady hair that does not grey well. That grows fast and most unruly. If we can't get a hair cut or cut it ourselves we are gonna have mountain man hair.
And perhaps mountain man facial hair, if we don't keep a handle on old lady whiskers.
I may just channel my inner mountain man and wear flannel shirts and carry an unconcealed mountain knife.

We are under a stay at home order. I’ve isolated for two weeks with the exception of voting (only one other person in line). But we will have to go to the vet today to put one of our cats down. Will wear a mask and try not to cry until I get home.

RBBM

I'm so, so sorry you have to do this. We had to do the same thing roughly one week ago.

{{{HUGS}}}

Now those of us that have old lady hair that does not grey well. That grows fast and most unruly. If we can't get a hair cut or cut it ourselves we are gonna have mountain man hair.
And perhaps mountain man facial hair, if we don't keep a handle on old lady whiskers.
I may just channel my inner mountain man and wear flannel shirts and carry an unconcealed mountain knife.

I've cut my own hair for years. With a simple style, it isn't hard. :)

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241708756.html

This is a really good story to read. And particularly interesting, that this man had spent several years in prison, and was a gang member. He now works for a food bank, helping people get food. He wants to keep working, and keep his family safe, so he is sleeping outside in a tent, to keep his family safe, in case he gets COVID19.

Now those of us that have old lady hair that does not grey well. That grows fast and most unruly. If we can't get a hair cut or cut it ourselves we are gonna have mountain man hair. And perhaps mountain man facial hair, if we don't keep a handle on old lady whiskers.

As long as I can pull my hair into a little pony tail, I'm good to go without a haircut for the duration. I shampoo every other day, blow my hair dry, and even put in hot curlers. Helps me feel human :D

I need to spend today catching up here. I dropped into depression the day before yesterday. Like a rock! I cried a lot. I climbed a little way up yesterday but still falling. Highs and lows.
upload_2020-4-5_7-10-5.jpeg
I posted the below song of one of my hippie heroes in a new thread I saw this morning. Just seeing the new thread already has brightened my morning. I ❤️ U Willie. Nice job raising your family. Watch his pride as he swallows the lumps in his throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p