CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, 27 Jan 2020 MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Gannon Stauch memorial services to be held in Colorado, South Carolina

The parents of Gannon Stauch will hold memorial services in Colorado and South Carolina once COVID-19 restrictions allow for travel.

Gannon Stauch’s family have not finalized any dates because of the many complicating factors linked to COVID-19, Cynthia Coffman, the former Colorado attorney general who has been speaking on behalf of the family, said.

The Stauch family lived in South Carolina before moving to Colorado.

A lot to talk about after going through the 32 pages of the arrest affidavit for #LeteciaStauch, here's a full breakdown of what we learned.

It's important to note, this was filed BEFORE they found #GannonStauch's body in Pace, Florida.

This will be a long thread (1/?)

The report is filed by the @EPCSheriff, and broken up into different segments to help keep the timeline in order. I'll be doing the same to keep the story on track.

We start with the fact that in those tips to investigators, someone subbmited a randsom note for Gannon asking for bitcoin. They were not able to track down the person who submitted the note, but that is absolutley disgusting.

*The initail report*
A lot of this is the same as we've said, but #LeteciaStauch makes a call on 1/27 saying Gannon is missing, calling at 6:55 PM.

Letechia Stauch (LS) says he went to play at a friends house, says she can't remember who or where. Says she went to look for him, which later, detecitves will say she did not.

*The murder of #GannonStauch (GS)*
-believe he was murdered in his basement bedroom.

-Believe this happened on 1/27
-Investigators find blood all through the house, on his mattress, under the carpet, in garage.
-Evidence that she loaded GS's body into her car in the garage, and took him to Palmer lake, where she dumped his body.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE, this report does not include anything about his body beind found in FL, so that is still unkown. As far as investigators knew at the time of the arrest, GS was still missing. They though his remins could have been "scattered" by wildlife up near Palmer Lake

-Believe TS got dropped GS's body in Palmer Lake on the night of 1/28 (a day after he was murdered.)
-Investigators found a particale board with Gannon's blood in that area, along with LS's car GPS data that put them in that area.
(you'll remember we were out there for days)

-Inestigators believe that Letecia's daughter, Harley Hunt (17) went to go buy her mother cleaning supplies to help clean up (carpet cleaner, trash bags, baking soda.)

-No refrence to any criminal charges against her in this report. Believe she was at work during murder.

GS's father, Eugene "Al" Stauch (dad) was out of town during all of this. Investigators believe that LS had to rent a car to pick him up from DIA because GS was still inside of her car at the time, parked at the Colorado Springs Airport short term parking lot.

-Trace amounts of blood are found on the back of LS's actual car, althought it had been cleaned.

-Car with GS's body in it is a Volkswagen Tiguan.
(Here's a googled picture of what the car model looks like)

View attachment 241623

*The interview with detectives on 01/29*

To start off, report says "In general, her statements are reasonably catorgerized as untruthful, uncomplete and misleading."

So take all of her statements with a very, very large grain of salt.

-Interview was at 10AM, she got there two hours late.
-Brought in notes to refrence, not normal.
-Told investigators she had been raped at gunpoint by someone named "Eguardo."
-says she was hit on the head and maybe blacked out, no injuries to her head seen.

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

Spencer continued:

-LS told investigators "Eguardo" "demanded a suitcase and a cardboard box. GS "jumped on him" and the rapist "threw him off."
-Said it was strange that she didn't call 911 right after this alleged attack.
-Refused a sexual assault exam for evidence, refused to ID "Eguardo."

-Told investigators GS knocked over a candle, they drove around until they found a construction worker working on a home, asked him to repair the carpet, then gave him the garage code. That's "Eguardo." Said he was hispanic (imporant later)

-Investigators found evidence that she was sending messages from her phone during the entire time she claimed she was being attacked.
-Also show back door to the house was opened 10 times during the alleged attack, which is unlikely she would not be able to get help.

-Twoards the end of the interview, said she wanted to leave. Detectives took her phone, wanted to get warrent for DNA collection.
-LS starts stuffing tissues in her pants and claiming to have chest pains and shortness of breath, medical team called.

-Report notes that her statements to her friends, husband and media (me and fellow reporters) were all contradictions.
-Taken to hospital after interview, would not talk to medical personnel on the way there, then had a "miraculous recovery" when they arrived.

-Still no sexual assault test kit taken.
-LS is checked out, found to be perfectly healthy, then runs from the hosptial before they could issue warrent for DNA collection.

*The Search of the Stauch Home on 01/28*

-Blood found in GS's room, looks like someone attempted to clean the walls.
-Blood splatter analisis is consistant with "gunshot, blunt force or stabbing." That's likey where the charges are coming from, and shows it might just be one.

Spencer 3:

-Blood stain found under an electrical socket, matches GS DNA.

*Report from the crime lab*
(We saw this truck at the Stauch home several times, photo is from @CatSilverTV )

View attachment 241630

-Detectives get GS's DNA from his toothbrush, retainer.
-DNA evidence helps them place where everyone was on the day of the murder.
-Cell records from LS and Harley collected.
-LS has plenty of lies to her employer, husband, friends, daughter, and a babysitter.

-"I will not include each and every text message or lie."

That statement speaks to the volume of lies detectives believe LS told. Considered trying to keep track of the number of lies while I went through this report, gave up.

-(In refrence to the candle story) investigators did not find anything burned, no smell of smoke. "Actually smelled like coconut downstairs."
-no GPS data from LS phone, meaning she disconected her phone from cell network and turned it off.

-Notes on phone refrence unhappiness in her relationship and "shed some lighton potential household instability." That's the first refrence in this report of a potential motive, but won't be the last.

*internet usage fromm 01/25-01/29*

This is the closest thing in the report to seeing what LS was actually thinking during the time of GS's murder.

The majority of the argument set up for a motive is in this chapter.

-she looked for a job out of state, like in LA or Orlando, or Pensacola Beach, or Fort Lauderdale. (Body was found in Pace, just outside of Pensacola.)
-Looked for apartments
-Google search history adds to the idea she was not happy as a stepmother, not happily married.

-"search history alone does not provide motive for Gannon's murder, but does shed light on her inquisitive thoughts of her potision within the family."

-characterizing evidence that LS types poorly, adding a "." key instead of a space from double tapping the space bar.

-Searches include
-"Find real military singles"
-"I'm over doing all the work for my step kids and their mom doesn't help"
-"Mom advice for stepmom"
-"Can nintendo find my switch?"
-"They are asking for our sons toothbrush but said nothing is wrong"

Deleted searches include
-"husband uses me to babysit his kids."
-"make my husband want me more"
-"find a guy without kids"

*Her consciousness of guilt*
-during the first 24-48 hours of GS's disappearance, LS rented a car, turned off her phone, washed her original car before an interview, tried to leave a more indepth interview, did not help look.
-told Mr. Stauch detectives were hiding something.

-GPS tracker in new rented car (1/31) says LS left my interview with her to Palmer lake, where she went back when it was light out to make sure that there was no visible evidence. (believe she hid him there in the dark)

-Says the conflicting storys are varried, but two main stories emerge:
1. GS went to play at a friends house (said first 1/27)
2. LS was raped at gunpoint, GS was abducted by rapist (said first 1/29)

Spencer 4:

*Stories she told Cont.*
-2/13 LS told Dad GS had burned himself on candle, wound bubbled, GS peeled off burn and that's why there was blood everywhere.
-2/14 LS told Dad She was raped by Quincy Brown, a man on our KKTV most wanted page...

TO BE CLEAR, there is no evidence that Quincy Brown is involved in this case, at all.

-LS told Dad Brown took GS. Claimed she knew who he was becasue an ID card fell out of his pocket.
-Brown followed her to Petco and was laying in the middle of the road in front of her car...

when she stopped, he jumped in her car and made her take him home, where she says he raped her.
-LS said Gannon was riding his bike near palmer lake on 01/27, fell, hit his head and was taken by Brown. Made up a driver named Terence...

-investigators point out that she brought that area up on her own, then tried to explain it away.
-told Dad searches in that area would be futile.

(We know it was very useful. Her car data/ GS's blood found there.)

-on 02/15 she gives Dad more conflicting stories, saying the bike crash was a lie but she said it becasue it was what she thought he wanted to hear.
-claims the blood in GS's room is both his and hers. Says abductor violated them both sexually with an object.

*The Fake Polygraph test*

-On 02/18, LS called "fakepolygraph.com" for her test results that she paid for.
-Her report was blocked by management based on the content of her questions.

Messages between LS and "FakePolyGraph.com:

LS-"What do you do now, just delete it and go on about life and keep the money?"

FakePolyGraph "yes, we do indeed."

Investigators call FakePloyGraph, they help with the investigation.

There's a final conclusion that wraps up their argument for the reasons LS should be arrested.

Personal final thoughts: the ammount of lies and doublebacks reported is incredible. It's sad to hear more about Gannon's death, but sounds like there's a mountian of evidence.

Sunday, January 26th

Letecia says she met alleged rapist, Eguardo, near construction site. (Police believe this story was fictional.)

She claims Gannon knocked over a candle, burned carpet, she called Eguardo to fix it, gave him garage code and he would fix it next day

Letecia claims Gannon is up most of Sunday night into Monday morning with stomach problems

Monday, January 27th

4:37 a.m.
Letecia tells employer her stepdad was killed after being hit by a car, she won’t be in to work

Unknown time
Gannon stayed home from school, Gannon likely alive morning of 27th

8:13 to 8:17 a.m.
Letecia takes pictures on her cellphone of Gannon sleeping in bed

10:16 a.m.
Neighbor surveillance video shows Nissan Frontier with Letecia and presumably Gannon leave the residence, Letecia leaves cellphone at home (locked between 9: 56 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.)

10:37 a.m.
Text sent from Gannon’s phone to Harley
“Tecia left phone at home if you need her txt me”

12:06 p.m.
Al Stauch sends text to Gannon, “Hey buddy”

-During this time, Letecia travels to PetCo on N Nevada Ave.

11:22 a.m.
Letecia completes her purchase, Gannon is not seen on surveillance video from store.

-whereabouts unknown between 11:22 a.m. and 1: 22 p.m.

1: 21 p.m.
Gannon’s phone responds to text from Al, “Can I play Zelda at least”

Al replies, “Not today”

1:22 p.m.
Letecia makes another purchase at PetCo on N. Nevada Ave

1:43 p.m.
Gannon’s phone searches “can my parent find my cell phone if its off”
-detectives believe Letecia wrote this

2:14 p.m.
Investigators believe Gannon was murdered by Letecia after this timestamp, at his residence, more specifically in his bedroom

2:19 p.m.
Vehicle returns, what appears to be Letecia gets out, and presumably Gannon, hard to tell by video

(ADT motion detectors show no movement between 10:16 and 2:19 p.m. in house)

2:22 p.m.
Gannon and Letecia enter house (Laina at school, Harley at work)

2:30
In an interview with detectives, in Februrary Letecia tells detectives she’s being raped by Eguardo during this time

During this time, ADT motion sensors show movement between upstairs and downstairs

2:45 p.m.
Letecia unlocks her phone

3:15 p.m.
Letecia claims this is the last time she saw Gannon leaving residence to go play with friend

Laina returns home from school, Letecia tells her Gannon is asleep in her bed, and instructs Laina to go outside and play

-- Detectives believe Letecia was cleaning up blood during this time

3:30 to 3:42
Surveillance video shows Laina outside riding her bike

3:41- 4:20 p.m.
Several texts message between Letecia and Harley and Al

3:55 p.m.
Al Stauch sends message to Gannon’s phone, “Hey buddy”

The message wasn't read until 7: 40 p.m., detectives believe Gannon was already deceased.

4: 42 p.m.
Harley, Letecia’s daughter arrives at home from work in White Jetta, picks up Laina and leaves residence

4: 52 p.m.
Letecia sends text to Harley asking her to pick up items from the store

The text reads, “Carpet powder 2 things, baking soda, trash bags”

5:14 p.m.
A receipt shows the purchase of trash bags, baking soda, vinegar happened at 5:14 p.m.

It was later found in Tiguan, Letecia’s car

It is during this time, detectives believe Letecia cleaned up the mess left behind by killing Gannon. (On February 1st, Detectives found blood presence in Gannon’s bedroom, the hallway leading to utility room from bedroom, utility room itself, the staircase leading upstairs, pathway to garage, garage area itself.)

6:55 p.m.
Letecia calls 9-1-1 to report Gannon missing

10:09 p.m.
Deputies respond and are unable to locate Gannon

Deputies observed Volkswagen Tiguan was backed into garage

Deputies go into Gannon’s room.

-- Detectives later compare body camera footage of room, compared to photos taken earlier in the day, and show Gannon’s bed with different bedding/sheets, moved against the wall

Tuesday, January 28th

5:14 a.m.
Letecia texts a babysitter.
LS: “This happened after 3:30”

LS: “We talked to him then and told be home by 6”

Sitter: “someone posted he wasn’t at school either”

LS: “He had to go to doctor for his stomach”

LS: “But he was here in the afternoon”

Sitter: “where did he say he was at”

LS: “Honestly, I don’t keep up with friends”

8:30 A.M.
A receipt shows Letecia rents a 2019 Kia Rio from Avis Rent a Car in Colorado Springs

8:48 a.m.
Letecia texts Harley to pull her car (White VW Jetta) into garage

8:50 a.m.
Letecia picks up Al from the COS airport, stops at King Sooper’s, Wendy’s and then heads back to home in Lorson Ranch

12:57 p.m.
Search on Letecia’s phone, “can nintendo find my switch”

4:04 p.m. to 4:17: p.m.
Investigators asked Letecia for Gannon’s toothbrush for DNA

4:19 p.m.
Letecia texts Al, “They are asking for our sons tooth brush but said nothing is wrong”

LS: “Something isn’t right I think they’re hiding something

Al: "Who, the police?"

LS: “Yes they asked for toothbrushes”

Al: “Hmm, what do u think they’re hiding?”

7:00 p.m.
Letecia picks up VW Tiguan she left earlier that morning at COS airport short term parking lot

7:02 p.m.
Receipt shows Letecia leaving COS airport with Tiguan

Between 7:02 to 12:00 a.m. (29th)
Detectives believe Letecia used the Tiguan to dump Gannon’s remains

Between 8:30 p.m. to 10:20 p.m.
Location data from Tiguan shows vehicle was in the area of Hwy 105/Perry Park Road in Douglas County, Colorado.

Phone data from Tiguan shows vehicle N or USAFA and S. of Douglas County.

9:16 p.m. to 9:28 p.m.
Data from Tiguan shows car driving into rural area near Highway 105 and Perry Park Road and then driving out.

-Of note, Harley’s phone shows near Stauch residence. Detectives don’t believe Harley was with Letecia during this time

10:26 p.m.
Harley leaves Stauch residence and detectives believe she picked up Letecia near Powers and Carefree

10:45 p.m.
Letecia makes statement to investigators via text message:

“What do you want from me? Because I have nothing. One of your very own leaked to me what you guys were doing. I did nothing/ or am being set up. I’m not really even sure other that being told that by another blue with El Paso. I was told I couldn’t go home to sleep and on top of that men were sent to a home with a minor female and she was forced to stay there not to even have good. Every conversation that said even at this moment, I can hear inside. What do you want from me?

Detective Bethel: “Come into talk to me. I would just like information to find Gannon.”

Wednesday January 29th, 2020

9:00 A.M.
Rental Kia Rio returned morning of January 29th 2020

Letecia was picked up by someone driving the White Jetta (presumably Harley)

11:30 a.m.
Surveillance video catches Tiguan at the Car Wash with potential blood on black bumper

12:00 p.m.
Letecia arrives at EPSO office for interview with detectives, two hours late

Letecia brings several pieces of paper with her, with notes for interview with detectives

The Tiguan, Letecia’s vehicle, was wet

During interview:

• Letecia claims she was held at gunpoint, raped by hispanic male named Eguardo and Gannon was abducted by male after he finished raping her
  • Claims man was in the basement when she came home 01/27, allowed her to greet Laina
  • Claims man raped Letecia between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
  • Claims she may have hit her head and she blacked out
  • Claims Gannon jumped on rapist’s back
  • Claims rapist threw Gannon across room, held him at gunpoint and demanded suitcase and cardboard box
  • Claims she cleaned up the area
  • Detectives offer Letecia a rape exam, she denies it
  • Detectives seize Letecia’s phone
  • End of interview, Letecia sticks tissues down her pants, claiming chest pain and shortness of breath
  • Letecia transported to hospital
  • VW Tiguan seized from Letecia
  • Letecia leaves hospital without telling investigators
  • Picked up by an unknown person and seen reunited with her daughter Harley several miles away
Unknown time

Investigators find multiple carpet brushes with suspected carpet fibers on them in the dishwasher at the Stauch residence.

Investigators locate an empty gallon of vinegar.

Letecia rents a 2020 Nissan Altima, investigators put a GPS tracking device on it.

2:14 p.m.

Letecia texts Nicole (homeowner?)

LS: “When we came back inside from the smoke there was blood on both of us. I didn’t know what to do. I was scared I would get (unknown word) out about it and I don’t know if he should go to the doctor. I kept trying to add the candle thing but Albert kept saying it was small and minor. I was scared the basement was smoky and when I threw the cover everything we both had blood.”

LS: “You don’t understand how it is to be a stepmom”

Friday, January 31st

4:16 p.m. to 5:13 p.m.
Letecia heads back to Douglas County (in Nissan Altima) near Highway 105/Perry Park Road in Douglas County

-- Detectives believe she went back to make sure Gannon’s remains were not seen near the road and evidence of his body was covered up

Saturday, February 1st

Detectives find possible traces of blood on the rear of the vehicle, a rear passenger seat, front passenger seat, area near glovebox

-Over the next few weeks:

Detectives conduct more thorough searches through the Stauch house.

Blue Star is used to find the presence of blood in Gannon’s bedroom the hallway leading to utility room from bedroom, utility room itself, the staircase leading upstairs, pathway to garage, garage area itself.

In Gannon’s Room, suspected blood is found seeped through the carpet, through the pad, and stained the concrete.

Bloodstain and blood spatter were located on the wall in this area.

Fifty droplets of suspected blood were found on walls near Gannon’s bed.

Gannon’s mattress has a red stain on the carpet and blood cast on the wall.

Expert says blood stains on the walls were likely created by gunshot, blunt force or a stabbing.

Suspected blood is found behind/around the edges of an electrical socket, next to Gannon’s bed.

Wednesday, February 12th

Investigators start focusing their efforts in Douglas County

Thursday, February 13th

Investigators start monitoring phone calls between Letecia and Al Stauch (known to Al).

They claim her story continually changed.

Letecia states Gannon was burned with a candle to the point his skin bubbled, Gannon peeled the burns off and wiped blood on his bedroom wall.

Al did not ask about the blood on the wall before Letecia made that comment.

Friday, February 14th

Phone call between Letecia and Al shows four more stories

1. When EPSO came to the house on 1/27 the abductor was still in the house and she tried to tell deputies that somebody was there. EPSO deputies checked the entirety of the house and no additional person was located
  2. She was raped by Quincy Brown at her home and Brown abducted Gannon. She knew Brown’s identity because she saw a paper with his ID car fall out of his pocket. Letecia sent a photo of Quincy Brown to Al via text
  3. Quincy followed her from Petco. At some point was laying the middle of the road in front of her. When she stopped not to run him over, he jumped in the car and made her take him home where he raped her
  4. Letecia and Gannon were near County Line Road and Highway 105 in N El Paso County on 1/27. Gannon was riding a bicycle in the area, fell, hit his head and was then abducted by Quincy Brown. Brown was driven by a man named Terence.
Letecia tells investigators searches in that area would be “futile”

Police believe that Stauch also fabricated this story after seeing Brown's picture in a lineup of Pikes Peak Most Wanted fugitives.

Saturday, February 15th

Investigators located a piece of particleboard during their search. It had a stain that appeared to be blood. Blood profile matched Gannon.

Gannon’s blood found near Highway 105/Perry Park Road.

Investigators think Letecia used the particleboard during the disposal of Gannon’s remains.

Letecia tells investigators she told Al, Gannon fell off his bike because she thought that’s what he wanted to hear.

Letecia told Al over the phone the blood in the corner of Gannon’s room was a combo of hers and Gannon. She said the abductor raped both her and Gannon and was present when EPSO came to house that night.

Sunday, February 16th

7:28 p.m.
Letecia told a female (Teela Cummings) that she has given Al false stories because she knows he won’t believe anything she says.

Monday, February 17th

1:53 p.m.
Letecia told female (Laura Abernathy) that she was thinking about flying out to Colorado to take a lie detector test to prove her innocence. She said, “they think I’m still in Colorado”

4:11 p.m.
Letecia told an unknown female that she is going to take a lie detector test, but the test wouldn’t be admissible in court and no law enforcement would be present.

Tuesday, February 18th

10:14 a.m.
Letecia called 321-247-6876, a number associated with “fakepolygraph.com”

Letecia tells caller she never received confirmation for test she paid for, unknown male said he’d send her an email

11:16 a.m.
Letecia calls the phone number again and inquires about email. Male says her report was blocked by management because of the questions she wanted on the test. He said any test with illegal activities, the company has the right not to send it.

LS: “What do you do now, just delete it and go on about life and keep the money?”

Male: “Yes, we do indeed.”

LS: “Ok, I gotcha, thank you, goodbye.”

Detectives reach male with website and ask for questions she was trying to get answers for.

P-u08pk_AIdzZhkDrx7k3hWW4o9P6y1vgtIaV1VB6ZoADlE4_oXj0Ph64T9dZ8BEYyeHYlFSRt6bDQQu8MPUz-Pa35wwyVybuwgI7lSAiAsuvl3CSl0tk87alsurCXbJ5nPaf2ql

Friday, February 28th

Judge Rafolo signs warrant for arrest.

Monday, March 2nd

Letecia Stauch is arrested in South Carolina

Friday, March 20th

Gannon Stauch remains found near Pace, Florida
Affidavit reveals police timeline of Gannon Stauch's murder - KRDO

This article, dated March 17, is from the day his body was found
Santa Rosa investigates body found near Escambia River Bridge

By Special to the Daily News
Posted Mar 17, 2020 at 2:35 PM

MILTON—The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Florida Department of Transportation Tuesday afternoon in reference to a body found near Escambia River Bridge on the Santa Rosa County side.

A road crew was working in that area when the body was located, according to a press release from the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office.

At this time, Sheriff’s Major Crimes and Crime Scene units are on scene working this case.

This is an active investigation.
Snipped

I was asked to post these photos, hope this is the correct place :) They are screenshots of I90 crossing the Escambia River where Gannons body was found, in the suitcase.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    596.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    629 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    917.8 KB · Views: 53
The @4thJudicialDA says this person “accessed the affidavit in a high profile, pending 1st degree murder case – knowing that the affidavit had not been made public.” Official Misconduct is a misdemeanor, punishable by 3 months to 364 days in jail, a fine of $250-$1,000, or both.

Catherine Silver on Twitter

Lead prosecutor handling the #LeteciaStauch says the person who leaked the arrest papers "does not work for the court system, but does have a log in" to access them. He says this person is not associated with the Stauch case.

Catherine Silver on Twitter

DBM - I posted on the wrong page sorry

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member