GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

The other obvious avenue to explore would be whether or not there were issues with any close business associates, any extramarital affairs, disgruntled students of his, patients of hers, etc.

In regards to the disgruntled student possibility, the husband appeared to have taught, coached and later consulted at the high school level.

The wife, however, appears to not only have been a practicing physician, but not have also taught at the medical school. Needless to say, bad report cards at medical school carry far more concequences than bad report cards in high school.

It maybe also worthwhile to see if the wife sat on any acceptance boards or disciplinary / evaluation boards that reviewed a medical students academic ability or over all aptitude to continue as a medical student.

Teenager arrested in connection to homicides of Madison doctor, husband

SABBM:

0402_Khari_sanford_web.jpg

MADISON (WKOW) - A Middleton teenager has been arrested in connection to the homicides of Madison physician Dr. Beth Potter and her husband Robin Carre.

Dane County Sheriff's records show 18-year old Khari Sanford was booked into the county jail Friday on the tentative charge of first degree intentional homicide.

The UW-Madison Police Department confirmed Friday morning that they had made an arrest, however they did not confirm Sanford as the suspect. Police said they would release more information later Friday.

Sanford is acquainted with a family member of the victims, a source told 27 News.

I was just going to post that too! So it was NOT targeted. Didn't think so....

I'm thinking it was targeted. The article said he was acquainted with a family member. He looks about the age of their kids (just based on the blurred picture in Heavy.com). How awful.

Teenager arrested in connection to homicides of Madison doctor, husband

Sanford is acquainted with a family member of the victims, a source told 27 News.

I was just going to post that too! So it was NOT targeted. Didn't think so....
The suspect knows a family member of the victims. <modsnip>

It is very possible that tensions between the suspect and the victims over the relationship ( of any sort) with the family member led to a targeted attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSBM

Last year, Sanford was charged with felony auto theft in Dane County. A criminal complaint states while Sanford's foster parents were away from their Middleton home and in Africa, he stole their car after disabling some of the home's surveillance cameras. Days after the theft, the complaint says police found Sanford sleeping in the car. "He was upset with his foster parents when he took the car," police say in the complaint.

Heavy reports:

"The motive for the murders is not clear, but he listed on Facebook that he attended the same high school as the victims’ daughter and two sons. The Potter/Carre daughter wrote comments on Facebook that indicate she had been in a relationship with Sanford. “hey bae,” she wrote on a Facebook post of Sanford’s 13 weeks ago.

Forty-two weeks ago, Sanford wrote on Facebook, “we gon change this world, cause it’s time to let our diversity and youth shine over all oppressive systems and rebuild our democracy.” In 2019, he wrote, “Used to be a wild child I had to calm down.” He also wrote: “…came from nothin."

Khari Sanford: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Heavy reports:

"The motive for the murders is not clear, but he listed on Facebook that he attended the same high school as the victims’ daughter and two sons. The Potter/Carre daughter wrote comments on Facebook that indicate she had been in a relationship with Sanford. “hey bae,” she wrote on a Facebook post of Sanford’s 13 weeks ago.

Forty-two weeks ago, Sanford wrote on Facebook, “we gon change this world, cause it’s time to let our diversity and youth shine over all oppressive systems and rebuild our democracy.” In 2019, he wrote, “Used to be a wild child I had to calm down.” He also wrote: “…came from nothin."

Khari Sanford: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

What a nightmare.

It sounds like the daughter was in a relationship with him.My total speculation is the parents made the daughter break it off with him for very good reason as he had a criminal record and sounds very troubled.He took out revenge on them.So sad for this family.

That does sound like a possibility altho the Heavy report has very thin evidence of a relationship with the daughter - one comment & heart emoji on FB a few months ago.

Since they went to school together there are other possibilities too - maybe one of the kids comments’ about parents made the perp see them as a robbery target for their wealth, or some sort of enemy (like across the political aisle).

Or even there could be no connected reason, Idk how many high schools are in Madison but it’s possible all the kids in town go to one of two places. And this kid went looking for trouble and happened to find victims with kids his age.

Just speculation & IMO... who knows but I do hope for the daughter’s sake there was no relationship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back