Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

'Take This Serious': Bus Driver Dies Of COVID-19 After Calling Out Coughing Rider

Jason Hargrove was behind the wheel of a bus in Detroit when he said a passenger began to cough. The middle-aged woman let loose four or five times without covering her mouth, he said, and watching her do this — at the same time Michigan was under a state of emergency for the coronavirus — got him so upset, he felt compelled to vent his frustrations in a video afterward.

hargrove-01-as-ht-200404_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

"I'm mad right about now because that s*** was uncalled for. I'm trying to be the professional that they want me to be, and I kept my mouth closed," he said, voice breaking with emotion. "I kept my mouth closed, but it's at some point in time we've got to draw the line and say enough is enough."

Now, nearly two weeks after he recorded the video, which viewers shared widely on Facebook Live, Hargrove himself has died of COVID-19.

Detroit bus driver who complained about a passenger coughing has died

6D97B213-E6EB-4087-BFEC-48809B9D9E75.jpeg 8FD6025A-97FF-40F4-969C-1384BC2848E4.jpeg

May School Safety Agent Luis Albino and Auxiliary Police Lt. Pierre Moise both Rest In Peace

On Friday, Police Commissioner Dermot Shea revealed that two more NYPD officers died of coronavirus.

School Safety Agent Luis Albino died Friday after spending 20 years with the department. He was most recently assigned to the Bronx.

Auxiliary Police Lt. Pierre Moise, who joined the force in 1994 and worked in Brooklyn, also passed away.

Wealthy NYC businesses board up their stores to defend against civil unrest as virus decimates NYPD | Daily Mail Online

Francis “Frank” Boccabella III

Francis “Frank” Boccabella III, 39, was the first federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA) employee to die from COVID-19.

Boccabella joined the TSA in 2004, working as an explosive detection canine handler at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Boccabella-01-as-ht-200403_hpEmbed_13x16_992.jpg

Faces of the coronavirus pandemic: Remembering those who died

Douglas Hickok

Army Capt. Douglas Linn Hickok, of the New Jersey National Guard, was a drilling guardsman in the medical command and a civilian physician assistant.

His daughter says her favorite memories are the adventures her father took her and her brother on.

91568545_2875261462529811_4246063488402718720_o.jpg

MaryBeth Papetti

MaryBeth Papetti, 65, who is survived by her husband, son and daughter-in-law, "devoted her life to her family and her work in the healthcare field," according to her obituary.

After becoming a registered nurse, Papetti, who died on March 24, became the director of nursing at several long-term care facilities in New Jersey,

"MaryBeth was known for going above and beyond in her career, not only because of her dedication to her patients, but also for being an inspirational role model to her colleagues," her obituary said.

marybeth-papetti-01-as-ht-200403_hpEmbed_3x4_992.jpg

Janice Preschel

Janice Preschel, 60, of Teaneck, New Jersey, "was the founder of the Helping Hands Food Pantry that has fed countless families for more than a decade," tweeted New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy.

"She was active in her temple – Temple Emeth – and was a past president of the Teaneck Rotary," he wrote.

EUiJ0b1XQAIpMbM

James Villecco

James Villecco, 55, was an auto mechanic with New York City's fire department, most recently working in the ambulance repair shop.⁣ ⁣ “Behind the thousands of calls our members respond to every day is a team of dedicated and skilled mechanics who ensure our ambulances are running 24/7. James Villecco was one of those truly unsung heroes in our Department whose outstanding work provided medical care for the people of our city. The entire Department mourns his loss.”⁣ ⁣

Villecco, who died on March 29, lived in State Island and served six years in the Army, the FDNY said.

He is survived by his wife and daughter.

FDNY on Instagram: “The Department is mourning the loss of Auto Mechanic James Villecco, 55, who died today due to COVID-19. He joined the FDNY Bureau of Fleet…”

Joe Lewinger, 42, died last weekend from complications with coronavirus.

Like other families across the US right now, Lewinger had to say goodbye to her husband virtually, over FaceTime in their case. She said that because of the stay-at-home orders, social distancing and overall isolation that this virus has brought on, the reality of her husband's death sometimes misses her.

"Right now, not seeing anybody, it sometimes just feels like he's at work," she said.

Joe worked at a Catholic High School on Long Island, New York, for 20 years. He was an assistant principal and coach of the basketball team.

Joe had no pre-existing conditions and he started out with "mild symptoms," that included a low-grade fever. It was around St. Patrick's Day in March that his fever spiked and he started to have issues breathing.

In the days before Joe's death, Lewinger said the two "pretty much spent 24/7 on FaceTime, trying to mediate and calm him, trying not to let him feel alone."

When doctors told Lewinger her husband's breathing was getting worse and that he was on three different blood pressure medications, she requested to speak with Joe on Facetime.

"I saw him and I begged him not to leave us and told him we all need him," Lewinger said.

Doctors told her they'd try other methods to keep Joe alive. During that waiting period, Lewinger said she listened to her wedding song on loop just staring into the backyard. Then the doctor called back.

The doctor then told her Joe's pulse was gone.

"I played our wedding song for him. And then that was it," Lewinger said.

Joe leaves behind his wife, three children, a son and two daughters.

sub-buzz-797-1585940634-1.jpg

New York woman played her husband their wedding song on FaceTime as he passed away from coronavirus - CNN

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back