Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she was googling CO law regarding leaving minors at home. The first hit says 12 is the recommended age. Was she initially planning on telling police she left him at home and he ran away while she was out or at work but because she got the answer of 12 she changed it to she let him go to his friends and he never came back? She had to take him with her on that drive because she didnt want to give the police a reason to question her when she reported him missing?

She also googled about fixing a burnt carpet and smoke and stuff. So I guess that really did happen?

Maybe this wasn't premeditated. I know that's not popular opinion, given the fact she's most definitely an horrible, evil person.

But maybe she was going to leave him at home to go to work...then her having to stay with him was just another reason why she raged and killed him?

Yeah, it’s really insane, isn’t it? It really shows you how her mind works. Always seeking drama. That’s probably why she’s muddied the waters so badly in this case, adding all kinds of weird twists and turns. Cellphones, rapists, PetCo, flying boards, carpet burns, Florida, Kansas, escape attempt, S.C., suitcases, bridges, kidnappings, interview note cards, etc etc. Why couldn’t she just keep it simple like Watts did: kill the family, hide the mistress, then confess everything in one big soppy blaze of surrender? Because if she’s going to go out, she wants it to be in a blaze of Hollywoodesque glory. She wants to be remembered, and she wants AS and LH to hurt. After all, she’s got the KK sunglasses to hide behind when the paparazzi come calling.

imo oc
Exactly. She seems almost histrionic. Everything is a huge deal with her, she is always "wronged" by someone, etc.

MOO

Yeah, it’s really insane, isn’t it? It really shows you how her mind works. Always seeking drama. That’s probably why she’s muddied the waters so badly in this case, adding all kinds of weird twists and turns. Cellphones, rapists, PetCo, flying boards, carpet burns, Florida, Kansas, escape attempt, S.C., suitcases, bridges, kidnappings, interview note cards, etc etc. Why couldn’t she just keep it simple like Watts did: kill the family, hide the mistress, then confess everything in one big soppy blaze of surrender? Because if she’s going to go out, she wants it to be in a blaze of Hollywoodesque glory. She wants to be remembered, and she wants AS and LH to hurt. After all, she’s got the KK sunglasses to hide behind when the paparazzi come calling.

imo oc
She won't be wearing any big sunglasses to hide that evil face anymore !

Now we all get to see her in all of her natural hideousness

She really did go down quite the rabbit hole of excuses!

Maybe this wasn't premeditated. I know that's not popular opinion, given the fact she's most definitely an horrible, evil person.

But maybe she was going to leave him at home to go to work...then her having to stay with him was just another reason why she raged and killed him?

IIRC her google searches that she made before the murder prove it was premeditated.(According to the AA on page 6 the google search about can my parents track my iphone was performed before the murder)

But that doesn't matter in this case, if I remember correctly its still first degree murder in Colorado per the victims age

Last edited:
Oh I'm not in any way trying to be ridiculous, just discussing the matter, that's all. That statute could just as easily be interpreted to mean she had a gun in the car, or she was in illegal possession of a gun in the car, or that she actually used the gun in the murder. It could mean several things, not necessarily that she shot Gannon. Sure, she may have, but it's just as easy for me to see the charge being brought simply because she had a rifle with her during such time that she traveled with him in the car. If she has a felony charge, which I don't care to look up, but if she does, then she's in illegal possession.

The statute also states 'in immediate flight from' which I interpret to mean she may have simply taken the rifle with her when she left Colorado.

If she shot him, then so be it, I just don't see anything, for me, that satisfies in my mind that she did.....yet :)

Did you take a look at the (very wide and tall) pattern of blood spatter? Kind of fan shaped, as if there's a projectile hitting a roundish-target. With the bed absorbing part of the explosive force.

What's your take on what could cause that? I think a baseball bat or 2x4 would have caused a more concentrated pattern nearer to the head on the wall, not the kind of explosion you see in that picture. I'm not a blood spatter expert, but I have classes in it and we have a blood spatter lab at school with all the usual posters and equipment to emulate simple cases.

Anyway, no way that spatter was caused by a knife, IMO. I think it looks like gun shot spray, the the victim's head against a soft surface (and obviously not using some form of shot, had to be bullet or slug - I think bullet).

I believe you are correct for some reason when I clicked the link on the previous thread it took me to a different location. Anyways If anyone is interested Here is the link to @AmandaReckonwith Image gallery that has many photos of the search area at sierra pines lane and along South Perry Park Road. I have used them often to match up searches etc while following this case. Can't thank her enough for the time she puts into compiling all the pics!
Justice For Gannon by amanda reckonwith

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I just read the AA. Don’t even know what to say. Other than she may have out-crazied JA.

Poor sweet Gannon. Just no words for her bringing him back home, murdering him so viciously, and then breezily greeting his sister after school and sending HH to fetch her some crime scene cleaning supplies. But the coup de grace is the span of time between killing him and taking him to where they found evidence. Just no words.

A few posts back, somebody wondered if a gun was used at all because blood splatter would definitely confirm this.

There was a lot to unpack in that AA, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it said the splatter was consistent with either a gun OR stabbing incident. However, she is being charged with use of a firearm...

I would think to be charged with using a firearm, they have to have some sort of evidence- so I'm a bit confused. If the found gunshot residue, it would have been mentioned in the AA, right?

In short, I'm asking how did they charge her with use of a firearm, and not make mention of definitive evidence in the AA?

I'm going to guess LS had an idea that she was on the chopping block at work and that a regular old sick day wasn't going to cut it. So she came up with something dramatic hoping that might postpone the inevitable.
I'm confused about the job. I thought she was told on Friday not to come in for orientation on Monday.

I also thought she had a teaching position, but according to the affidavit she was a teacher's assistant.

Imo

I wonder why she was googling CO law regarding leaving minors at home. The first hit says 12 is the recommended age. Was she initially planning on telling police she left him at home and he ran away while she was out or at work but because she got the answer of 12 she changed it to she let him go to his friends and he never came back? She had to take him with her on that drive because she didnt want to give the police a reason to question her when she reported him missing?

She also googled about fixing a burnt carpet and smoke and stuff. So I guess that really did happen?

She was looking to fix a suede sofa, what burnt, the carpet or the sofa. Maybe burnt sofa, but blood on carpet. I also read the candle was electric. So I doubt it burned both. I’ve burned sofas with electric window Christmas candles, but never carpet. Maybe she googled it because she knew LE would check her searches and she’s trying to sell that story.

Reactions: Dre
A few posts back, somebody wondered if a gun was used at all because blood splatter would definitely confirm this.

There was a lot to unpack in that AA, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it said the splatter was consistent with either a gun OR stabbing incident. However, she is being charged with use of a firearm...

I would think to be charged with using a firearm, they have to have some sort of evidence- so I'm a bit confused. If the found gunshot residue, it would have been mentioned in the AA, right?

In short, I'm asking how did they charge her with use of a firearm, and not make mention of definitive evidence in the AA?
The firearm charge was added after the affidavit, after they found his body.

I have been away for a few days and I dropped in to see the AA was shared. Wow. Couple takeaways. 1) She is a lot dumber than I previously thought. 2) I am confused. He was murdered in his room Monday afternoon, but they don't think he got out of the truck after the Monday trip?? What was the point of the Monday trip then? Also, she took him out by Palmer Lake Tuesday night they believe, so was he hidden in the house/her car when police arrived Monday?

This is awful. Feeling totally overwhelmed with the world lately and this just breaks my heart even more to read what she did to that little boy. Sweet Gannon, you are never forgotten. I probably am going to step away again. Really struggling mentally, but this little boy is on my heart and mind often. I hope his family can feel the love being sent to them from so many.

I'm confused about the job. I thought she was told on Friday not to come in for orientation on Monday.

I also thought she had a teaching position, but according to the affidavit she was a teacher's assistant.

Imo

TA is past. Not in Jan 2020. Orientation only on Jan 27, which she called in sick/funeral on. She found out later they didn’t want to hire her. Prophetic, isn’t it.

I think Eguardo was too busy being trapped in T's imagination......

Maybe she mentioned two different guys being in house because she knew foreign DNA would be found from guys she hooked up with. If they don’t find this foreign DNA from people other than known friends or family members, she should realize her story will go bust. And isn’t there always a bit of truth in everything the whack job says.

I am so confused about the murder location being his bedroom.

From reading the affidavit, it seems planned to me. But if the amount of blood is what it appears to be, that doesn't seem planned. It seems more like a rage attack.

How did she think she would pull this off with a crime scene that messy? Did she think no one would check the mattress/under the mattress?

If you were planning this, why give yourself only that small window of time... after you had the whole day? If it were rage, what could have prompted it in such a short time?

What really happened Sunday night?

I thought this would give answers, but I just have even more questions.

Ignoring the premeditated murder charges that were filed after his body was found, I continue to believe this was premeditated.

The fact that her phone was left at home when they went out on that little shopping trip, is something that I cannot get past.

I’m also bothered by that photo of him sleeping that morning, as that strikes me as a weird thing to do.

So I do think premeditation was there, although I’m not sure she initially planned to murder him the way that she did.

It all depends. If HH was in two demanding programs (plus a job?) then she would have been ROTC, in high school and in that job. I don't know about your family, but I think asking that same teen to do random shopping errands on a Monday might not be the norm.

Was this the norm? I want to know.

It's weird to me that HH doesn't ask why, mom? I think most kids would, although in authoritarian families, they would not. Kids in those families are scared to ask questions.

"We need some milk and eggs and vinegar and cake mix and baking soda," much more typical - almost no one interrupts their busy kid's day on a Monday to ask for just vinegar and soda and trash bags.

MOO.

What I'm stuck on isn't if this was an odd request or should vinegar raise suspicion, because who knows for any given family. But fast forward a day - GS is missing, people are asking "anything odd stand out on Monday?" She delivered those items to her mom, who had sent her straight away from the home when she arrived home from work. LS had to have used those supplies basically right away when HH delivered them. Then shuffling LS around town, picking her up while she ditches her car at places. That's what's odd about not cooperating with an interview. Taken separately none of it is weird. Taken with the fact that your step brother just went missing and your mom is cleaning his room with vinegar solutions and being flighty all around town should be noteworthy details to pass onto investigators. And this wasn't some random missing person like her mom's druggie boyfriend or some tinder date. It was a kid she knew well, lived with, shared a family with. And even as recently as mid-Feb she's still relaying on dubious info with the pregnancy stuff - well after fleeing from CO and all the news and stories on the Internet, according to the AA still not cooperating to fill in details after thinking it over a couple weeks.

She should have talked to LE, IMO. I was hoping she was separated from TS and was cooperating in some way, but the AA clears that up.

What I'm stuck on isn't if this was an odd request or should vinegar raise suspicion, because who knows for any given family. But fast forward a day - GS is missing, people are asking "anything odd stand out on Monday?" She delivered those items to her mom, who had sent her straight away from the home when she arrived home from work. LS had to have used those supplies basically right away when HH delivered them. Then shuffling LS around town, picking her up while she ditches her car at places. That's what's odd about not cooperating with an interview. Taken separately none of it is weird. Taken with the fact that your step brother just went missing and your mom is cleaning his room with vinegar solutions and being flighty all around town should be noteworthy details to pass onto investigators. And this wasn't some random missing person like her mom's druggie boyfriend or some tinder date. It was a kid she knew well, lived with, shared a family with. And even as recently as mid-Feb she's still relaying on dubious info with the pregnancy stuff - well after fleeing from CO and all the news and stories on the Internet, according to the AA still not cooperating to fill in details after thinking it over a couple weeks.

She should have talked to LE, IMO. I was hoping she was separated from TS and was cooperating in some way, but the AA clears that up.
I agree with you. My hope is that between now and trial, she does the right thing.

If not, I hope she is deposed, and compelled to tell the truth. If that requires immunity, then so be it.

She has answers, and can bring some clarity to the events. She’s not crucial to TS’ conviction, but she can add to everyone’s understanding.

And yeah, every coffin can use another nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck