Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC her google searches that she made before the murder prove it was premeditated.(According to the AA on page 6 the google search about can my parents track my iphone was performed before the murder)

But that doesn't matter in this case, if I remember correctly its still first degree murder in Colorado per the victims age
I just re-read those parts. Maybe I'm Just struggling with the idea that somebody could actually make a plan to harm sweet Gannon

After looking at the picture of the wall behind Gannon's bed, I'm leaning toward a shooting. If it were blunt force there would be cast off blood on the opposite wall, ceiling, ECT. Because it would take more than one hit.

I'm so sorry for the graphic content.

Even in the AA it doesn't mention blood on ceiling or light fixture.

Trying a 2nd pass at the AA. It is brutally difficult to comprehend all the craziness of her actions.

One thing I just now noticed and may have some significance.

It appears to me that she had to have had someone help her to go retrieve her Tiguan at the airport on the 28th because:

Item #59 says the Tiguan was removed from the airport parking on January 28 at 19:00. But the Kia Rio was not returned until the morning of January 29th. So that has to mean someone drove her to the airport to pick up her Tiguan the night before she returned the Kia.

I dont think it would have been AS because from #58 we learn that she would not provide the location of the Tiguan and even told AS the Tiguan was near French Elementary School. He and LE even tried to find it to no avail.

So my question to LS is who took you to the airport on the 28th at around 19:00 to retrieve your Tiguan?

And for that matter, who helped you return the Kia the next day?

TA is past. Not in Jan 2020. Orientation only on Jan 27, which she called in sick/funeral on. She found out later they didn’t want to hire her. Prophetic, isn’t it.
Oh, ok. I wonder why in the affidavit it indicates the current job as a teacher's assistant. Maybe I read it wrong.

Or maybe they just assumed she was an assistant, thinking she couldn't possibly be a teacher. Idk.

I didn't realize she found out later. I thought the school indicated they had notified her on Friday. I wonder why they didn't inform her when she called in sick.
I had assumed she found out before the murder and that contributed to her unravelling.

Last edited:
Ignoring the premeditated murder charges that were filed after his body was found, I continue to believe this was premeditated.

The fact that her phone was left at home when they went out on that little shopping trip, is something that I cannot get past.

I’m also bothered by that photo of him sleeping that morning, as that strikes me as a weird thing to do.

So I do think premeditation was there, although I’m not sure she initially planned to murder him the way that she did.

It will be interesting to hear whether she first made an attempt to strangle or asphyxiate Gannon which she believed would have left little evidence. (If his body wasn't too decomposed they should be able to tell.)

When that took longer and was more work than she thought she may have beaten him to death.

Shooting just doesn't fit to me. It may be that whatever weapon she used was in the suitcase.

Trying a 2nd pass at the AA. It is brutally difficult to comprehend all the craziness of her actions.

It appears to me that she had to have had someone help her to go retrieve her Tiguan at the airport on the 28th because:

Item #59 says the Tiguan was removed from the airport parking on January 28 at 19:00. But the Kia Rio was not returned until the morning of January 29th. So that has to mean someone drove her to the airport to pick up her Tiguan the night before she returned the Kia.

I dont think it would have been AS because from #58 we learn that she would not provide the location of the Tiguan and even told AS the Tiguan was near French Elementary School. He and LE even tried to find it to no avail.

So my question to LS is who took you to the airport on the 28th at around 19:00 to retrieve your Tiguan?

That's bound to be recorded on video. I'm convinced much is missing from the part of the warrant we've seen.

What I'm stuck on isn't if this was an odd request or should vinegar raise suspicion, because who knows for any given family. But fast forward a day - GS is missing, people are asking "anything odd stand out on Monday?" She delivered those items to her mom, who had sent her straight away from the home when she arrived home from work. LS had to have used those supplies basically right away when HH delivered them. Then shuffling LS around town, picking her up while she ditches her car at places. That's what's odd about not cooperating with an interview. Taken separately none of it is weird. Taken with the fact that your step brother just went missing and your mom is cleaning his room with vinegar solutions and being flighty all around town should be noteworthy details to pass onto investigators. And this wasn't some random missing person like her mom's druggie boyfriend or some tinder date. It was a kid she knew well, lived with, shared a family with. And even as recently as mid-Feb she's still relaying on dubious info with the pregnancy stuff - well after fleeing from CO and all the news and stories on the Internet, according to the AA still not cooperating to fill in details after thinking it over a couple weeks.

She should have talked to LE, IMO. I was hoping she was separated from TS and was cooperating in some way, but the AA clears that up.

Most kids, no matter how bad their parents are, will never turn on them, especially when they are all they’ve had all of their life. I’ll go a step further and say I bet they were best friends and told each other almost if not everything. I think LS saw her more as a friend than a kid. They need to be careful with her, because she is a life that can be saved or destroyed. She is part victim too, no matter what she knew. Imagine her life up til this point with that whack job ex-con mother. And I highly doubt AS will take her back in with open arms. She’s “Team T” after all. I wonder if there are any laws protecting her from talking. She’s also probably a good bit afraid of Mommy Dearest too.

Last edited:

All of the helping with moving cars was HH in the white Jetta. That’s in AA.

Having read the AA, I think Gannon DID return home and was killed in his bed on Monday.

Something happened on Sunday; but nothing that would leave blood in the truck (even with Gannon riding in it for hours). Maybe she punched him Sunday night — when she “just freaked out” — and he developed a visible black eye, or a head bump... something nobody could find out about.

She made sure he was hidden away from his sister in the am because he had visible (non-bloody) injuries.

Maybe she purposely left her phone at home, heavily drugged Gannon, then drove around waiting for him to die of overdose. Used that time to scope out a dump site.

But she misjudged the dosage... time was passing and he was still alive hours later as she looked anxiously out the window at Petco. With his injuries, he HAD to be out of sight before L got home, and she couldn’t do it anywhere that might have cameras or witnesses. If she was going to do it violently, she wanted privacy. At this point her “neat” plan had to be abandoned and things got messy. Kinda like when she changed to the rape story. Or moved the body 1400 miles away from its initial dump site. Her “plan B”s are not nearly as well thought out as her initial plans... chaotic, in fact.

So she brought him home, laid him in his bed still drugged (I hope), and bludgeoned or stabbed him there. JMO

RIP Gannon.

Did you take a look at the (very wide and tall) pattern of blood spatter? Kind of fan shaped, as if there's a projectile hitting a roundish-target. With the bed absorbing part of the explosive force.

What's your take on what could cause that? I think a baseball bat or 2x4 would have caused a more concentrated pattern nearer to the head on the wall, not the kind of explosion you see in that picture. I'm not a blood spatter expert, but I have classes in it and we have a blood spatter lab at school with all the usual posters and equipment to emulate simple cases.

Anyway, no way that spatter was caused by a knife, IMO. I think it looks like gun shot spray, the the victim's head against a soft surface (and obviously not using some form of shot, had to be bullet or slug - I think bullet).

I agree that based on the pictures in the AA of the blood spatter pattern, it appears that this poor child was the victim of a gunshot wound, very possibly to the head. JMO

Most kids, no matter how bad their parents are, will never turn on them, especially when they are all they’ve had all of their life. I’ll go a step more and say I bet they were best friends and told each other almost if not everything. I think LS saw her more as a friend than a kid. They need to be careful with her, because she is a life that can be saved or destroyed. She is part victim too, no matter what she knew. Imagine her life up til this point with that whack job ex-con mother. I wonder if there are any laws protecting her from talking. She’s also probably a good bit afraid of Mommy Dearest too.

They may be best friends but get ready for Mama to throw HH under the bus for the murder!

Whaaaaat?! Next you're gonna tell me her stepdad wasn't ran over that morning either!

7067.gif

I love this board so much I still haven’t finished reading the AA. And I was a speed reading champion in middle school! Go figure.

Most kids, no matter how bad their parents are, will never turn on them, especially when they are all they’ve had all of their life. I’ll go a step more and say I bet they were best friends and told each other almost if not everything. I think LS saw her more as a friend than a kid. They need to be careful with her, because she is a life that can be saved or destroyed. She is part victim too, no matter what she knew. Imagine her life up til this point with that whack job ex-con mother. I wonder if there are any laws protecting her from talking. She’s also probably a good bit afraid of Mommy Dearest too.

Sure, all true. I was just looking at her as a much more innocent victim prior to the AA being released. Not saying she's guilty of anything, but I'm disappointed in the details now that we can fill in some gaps. Hopefully she makes some better decisions in the future.

After looking at the picture of the wall behind Gannon's bed, I'm leaning toward a shooting. If it were blunt force there would be cast off blood on the opposite wall, ceiling, ECT. Because it would take more than one hit.

I'm so sorry for the graphic content.

Even in the AA it doesn't mention blood on ceiling or light fixture.
I think they indicated the blood splatter could be the result of either one of the three. (stabbing, blunt force, or gunshot wound.)

There was actually blood found behind the light fixture as well as an outline around it. Apparently she just cleaned around it instead of taking it off.

Imo

Last edited:
I'm confused about the job. I thought she was told on Friday not to come in for orientation on Monday.

I also thought she had a teaching position, but according to the affidavit she was a teacher's assistant.

Imo
It was my understanding that she was fired on the proceeding Friday as well, but was wondering if there were some date inconsistencies. Just reread the AA. Documentation that she called off work was collected from her phone where she sent a text at 4:37 am. She also told AS that she was going to call off work. Maybe she had not told him about the job loss yet? Maybe this was a "decoy text" because she knew investigators would be looking at her phone--but again, why not just say she had a sick kid at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong