Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we don’t know what sort of life HH has had with the evil LS. She could have been scared of her mother and desperately trying to seek her approval and please her. I wouldn’t be surprised if we learned that LS has manipulated and controlled many people close to her over the years. HH could be a daughter doing what her mother has told her to, afraid of the consequences if she doesn’t follow her instructions. JMO

The bloodstain pattern analyst in the AA said the blood spatter was consistent with events such as blunt force, gunshot, or stabbing. Also, he opined the blood was not aspirated blood, due to the lack of air bubbles in the stains.

Edit: grammar
Okay that's right. Now I remember the mention of the lack of air bubbles.

Absolutely. I completely agree. The post of mine you quoted was in response to a person who seemed to wonder if nosebleeds and vomiting might explain the blood.
JMO
That was me wondering about that. I'm thinking of all things related to comments made by TS. Understanding there was a massive amount of blood loss. Considering that he bled out in his own bed. It is apparent. You seem very knowledgeable. What would be your thoughts on something other than a gunshot? What about cutting the jugular?

I'm mostly caught up.

Wow! Her defense team probably fell over when they read all that.

I had originally doubted that Gannon had come back from the infamous Petco/PIAS/bike shopping/whatever run. I now believe that he did because of lack of evidence in the truck. But I think that trip was originally intended to kill G so there would be no crime scene at home. Remember she T-splained during one of the Crime Online interviews that she had to exit I-25 on her way to Castle Rock because of an accident, then got lost, and was apparently driving back and forth along the area where LE was searching. Also, I don't recall any GPS evidence from the truck in the AA (while there was plenty from her vehicle) and there is a two hour period between Petco trips where the AA states they don't know where she went. So that probably explains her choice of vehicle. Not to mention she left her phone behind. So I think she really was up there and it was too busy during the day for her to complete her evil deed. So instead, she rushed home to finish G off in the privacy of her own home, then only had to dispose of a body along that stretch of road as opposed to commit full out murder in public.

And HH. I just can't. Even is she is still a minor for a few days. Her refusal to cooperate reeks. She is "mature" enough to be out of school and working. And its not like the AA was generated days after GS went missing. She had WEEKS to stew on her mother's actions and odd requests and still wouldn't say anything as of the date of the AA.
DBM

It’s hard to believe she killed him in house and cleaned up all of that blood between 2:30 and 3 when sister got home. No way in hell. I mean what did she do with the body? And when did she drag it to the Tiguan? Certainly not during that timeframe. What does neighbor’s video show. When did she back the SUV up to garage. Why did she tell sister you can’t see G he’s sleeping in my bed. Weird. What was in her room she didn’t want her to see. What if sister went down to G’s bedroom. Wasn’t she afraid of what she might see there? She also sent of bunch of text messages during that time as well to HH and AS, about buying him headphones, probably to support her first alibi, which she later changed to the intruder scenario. Also the back door on the main level was opened and closed 10 times during that short time. No way was she in the basement that whole time murdering someone and cleaning up the blood. So odd.

Im confused also about the backdoor opening 10x. AA says Laina was riding her bike for a bit, so what was going on in the backyard?

Im also skeptical about the whole cleanup situation. In this we are left with a scenario where Gannon had issues with Tee the night before in some fashion and he was being punished it seems with Zelda since Al said no. So an incident the night before, then an illness preventing him from school the day of his disappearance. He's asleep and she photographs him sleeping which ? okay Then by 10 they are in the car headed to petco, they are missing for 2 hours, then back to petco. Gannon and Tee arrives home, but we can't see Gannon. 2:20 they get home and by 3:15 Laina is home so Laina gets sent out. Gannon is presumed dead by this point in the timeline by LE.

Then LE says that TS says she was raped between 2:30 and 4:30 (there are two versions one seems from 2:30 to 3:30 and another version seems 3:30 to 4:30) but the backdoor which I think is the sliding glass to the backyard was open and closed 10x. At 4:40 she is googling "suede repair kit for sofa" and LE says that it was impossible she was raped then bc of the opening and closing, but also phone activity with texts and calls at 3:41, 3:42, 3:43, 3:45 and then back at 4:11, 4:19, and 4:20.

That is so little time to really clean what looked like a lot of blood. She seemed to do a good job too bc it wasn't visible to officers when they got there and looking at the main wall photo, it is a lot of splatter. It's definitely a job to clean even parts of a carpet, but especially blood. If there is any texture on the walls and it's sat for a bit even, it'll be harder too.

So in the cleaning and moving she had to clean the carpet, get all the blood off the walls, clean up any blood from moving him, hide his switch, find a suitcase, get those carpet brushes out that they found in the dishwasher, get rid of his bedding and replace it with new, hide the board in the car, load all of this up so that she could be ready to call the police by 6:55 at which point we dont know if the car was left in the garage or if he was removed before she called? I know everything about this case is strange, but i find it difficult to believe she would leave him and all the things we know she tossed like bedding per LE, stashed in a suitcase in the car while calling the police. I know the police didnt arrive till later, but Id think she would be prepared at the time of the call.

To add to that, it seems that she wasnt even finished cleaning if HH had to go to the store for some additional items that appear related to the cleaning since she texted at 4:52 with her shopping list. The dollar store receipt is time stamped at 5:14 and then she called EPSO at 6:55pm. Last minute clean up is one thing, but it feels like a lot to get done in a craze. JMO

Im confused also about the backdoor opening 10x. AA says Laina was riding her bike for a bit, so what was going on in the backyard?

Im also skeptical about the whole cleanup situation. In this we are left with a scenario where Gannon had issues with Tee the night before in some fashion and he was being punished it seems with Zelda since Al said no. So an incident the night before, then an illness preventing him from school the day of his disappearance. He's asleep and she photographs him sleeping which ? okay Then by 10 they are in the car headed to petco, they are missing for 2 hours, then back to petco. Gannon and Tee arrives home, but we can't see Gannon. 2:20 they get home and by 3:15 Laina is home so Laina gets sent out. Gannon is presumed dead by this point in the timeline by LE.

Then LE says that TS says she was raped between 2:30 and 4:30 (there are two versions one seems from 2:30 to 3:30 and another version seems 3:30 to 4:30) but the backdoor which I think is the sliding glass to the backyard was open and closed 10x. At 4:40 she is googling "suede repair kit for sofa" and LE says that it was impossible she was raped then bc of the opening and closing, but also phone activity with texts and calls at 3:41, 3:42, 3:43, 3:45 and then back at 4:11, 4:19, and 4:20.

That is so little time to really clean what looked like a lot of blood. She seemed to do a good job too bc it wasn't visible to officers when they got there and looking at the main wall photo, it is a lot of splatter. It's definitely a job to clean even parts of a carpet, but especially blood. If there is any texture on the walls and it's sat for a bit even, it'll be harder too.

So in the cleaning and moving she had to clean the carpet, get all the blood off the walls, clean up any blood from moving him, hide his switch, find a suitcase, get those carpet brushes out that they found in the dishwasher, get rid of his bedding and replace it with new, hide the board in the car, load all of this up so that she could be ready to call the police by 6:55 at which point we dont know if the car was left in the garage or if he was removed before she called? I know everything about this case is strange, but i find it difficult to believe she would leave him and all the things we know she tossed like bedding per LE, stashed in a suitcase in the car while calling the police. I know the police didnt arrive till later, but Id think she would be prepared at the time of the call.

To add to that, it seems that she wasnt even finished cleaning if HH had to go to the store for some additional items that appear related to the cleaning since she texted at 4:52 with her shopping list. The dollar store receipt is time stamped at 5:14 and then she called EPSO at 6:55pm. Last minute clean up is one thing, but it feels like a lot to get done in a craze. JMO
“the gate, the blood, the key”, LS
took GS out of the basement and through the backyard to the gate, imo

Well I read the whole arrest affidavit, which of course explains the case far better than any news report will, and well at least LS is a really bad liar, and has made so many mistakes, proving her guilt is very easy. I truly hope her daughter is just afraid of her, manipulated by her (imagine having this person as your parental figure for 17 years), and eventually speaks out. So I will for now reserve my judgment on that matter.
edit: for me the most heartbreaking thing is looking at pictures of Gannon. His sparkly eyes and his smile. What is there to even say? One innocent life taken away.

Last edited:
That was me wondering about that. I'm thinking of all things related to comments made by TS. Understanding there was a massive amount of blood loss. Considering that he bled out in his own bed. It is apparent. You seem very knowledgeable. What would be your thoughts on something other than a gunshot? What about cutting the jugular?

I'm not an expert but have watched a ton of forensic testimony over the years and have done a lot of reading.

Here's a great source for understanding basic analysis of blood stains. Reading it won't make any of us experts (including me!) but does explain patterns in an easy to understand way. That helps with understanding what the AA report says and what it doesn't say.

Bloodstain Pattern Analysis: Principles

Expirated blood is blood coming from the lungs or blood that is coughed up (not vomited up) or expelled from the nose with force. (In other words, not an ordinary "drippy" nosebleed.) The air makes the spray have bubbles that aren't seen with other kinds of spatter or cast-off blood. The AA report said air bubbles weren't detected in the blood observed in this case.

I do not know for sure what would happen if both jugulars on one side were cut. I do know the exterior jugular vein (the one closest to the outside) is much smaller than the interior jugular. Suicidal psyc patients have been known to cut the exterior vein and do survive. Sometimes bleeding stops on its own if it's just a nick (not the recommended treatment though!)

Pressure in veins in much lower than in arteries. So I think even cutting pretty major veins you'd get a steady flow. Like any pooled blood, the blood from that flow could be cast off if the person was being hit with alot of force, but it wouldn't spatter on its own.

But cutting an artery (like the carotid that's nearby) would create spurts with each heart beat. The pattern from a cut artery is pretty distinctive because a new pattern is made with each heart beat. There's nothing in the AA report that I saw to suggest a cut artery.

If someone is stabbed, then an interior artery could be cut. For example, if the abdominal aorta were even nicked, a person could bleed out quickly but most of the blood would be contained in the abdominal cavity.

JMO

“the gate, the blood, the key”, LS
took GS out of the basement and through the backyard to the gate, imo

The basement doesnt have a door I dont think. The rear door appears to come out from the living area to the backyard and then there is a gate but then she would need to walk around the front to the garage

IMO we don’t know what sort of life HH has had with the evil LS. She could have been scared of her mother and desperately trying to seek her approval and please her. I wouldn’t be surprised if we learned that LS has manipulated and controlled many people close to her over the years. HH could be a daughter doing what her mother has told her to, afraid of the consequences if she doesn’t follow her instructions. JMO

Yeah, we should wait and see. We should also be open to the possibility that sometimes people who are raised by terrible people, have their own difficulties with morality.

Did you take a look at the (very wide and tall) pattern of blood spatter? Kind of fan shaped, as if there's a projectile hitting a roundish-target. With the bed absorbing part of the explosive force.

What's your take on what could cause that? I think a baseball bat or 2x4 would have caused a more concentrated pattern nearer to the head on the wall, not the kind of explosion you see in that picture. I'm not a blood spatter expert, but I have classes in it and we have a blood spatter lab at school with all the usual posters and equipment to emulate simple cases.

Anyway, no way that spatter was caused by a knife, IMO. I think it looks like gun shot spray, the the victim's head against a soft surface (and obviously not using some form of shot, had to be bullet or slug - I think bullet).

I'm not arguing the possibility that Gannon could have been shot in his bedroom, I am merely stating that I've seen no LE statement, or conclusive evidence that he was.

I wonder why she was googling CO law regarding leaving minors at home. The first hit says 12 is the recommended age. Was she initially planning on telling police she left him at home and he ran away while she was out or at work but because she got the answer of 12 she changed it to she let him go to his friends and he never came back? She had to take him with her on that drive because she didnt want to give the police a reason to question her when she reported him missing?

She also googled about fixing a burnt carpet and smoke and stuff. So I guess that really did happen?

My theory is she was intending to leave the little sister at home alone while she left to deal with other issues, including possibly the hiding of Gannon's body.

A very common size of particle board is 2ft wide by 4ft long. I wonder if this is where the confusion about a "2x4" is coming from?

I wonder if the recovered piece is a full 2ft x 4ft sheet? If so, that wouldn't make for a very good weapon. Although pretty heavy and dense, particle board tends to be relatively brittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021