Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm almost positive this didn't happen just based upon the transcription, even partially incoherent as it is; and I'm also positive that LE twigged to it immediately (paraphrase):

Officer: Now [Tylee], this text Charles sent you, it said "Mom Phone", right?

Lori: No, that was him.

I'm also fascinated to know what website Charles sent Tylee. I'd believe maybe it was something in the PAP/AVOW realm; because in context it seems more like something he was hoping Tylee would recognize at first glance was really weird and outre.

IMO, Lori made up the "stolen purse and phone" BS, precisely and solely because it was on her mind as a way to wound, because she was already intending to rob Charles blind of every cent she could get her hands on, not just what was in his wallet on that day; as well as to eventually play "keepaway" with his phone because she wanted to try to figure out what he was saying to Tammy, Brandon, etc.

I also think that MG took Lori's side with little to no provocation or reason than blind loyalty; but that by the time JJ's presence and existence was being called into question, the scales had finally fallen from her eyes, after which point she realized she had better not lie for Lori anymore.

JMO, MOO, IMO.

I wonder if this "joint account" was the one that had over $30,000 taken out of it by LVD?

Bet she forgot to mention that to LE. I think the conversation with the police would have been dramatically different if the police knew how much she had taken, and that the money she had taken was earmarked to pay the wages of other hard working people.

She underplayed it, made it sound like she took out a few bucks and that her husband was overreacting. You'll notice the police don't even ask her how much she is talking about. Something about attractive woman tends to lower men's guards, and they tend to want to play the role of the protector. JMO

However, if he had that type of money in a joint account, this would not be a very wise thing to do. At the very least this should have been set up as a business account, and LVD should not have access to it period, since she wasn't involved in the business. IMO

MOO

Transcription (with a little commentary)

Jan 31st 2019 –

Lori Vallow, Tylee Ryan and Melanie Gibb arrive at GPD to speak to officers about Lori’s stolen purse and phone that morning.

LV approaches the first officer (O) with a wide smile and shakes his hand. The three of them are then shown to an interview room by two officers (O and O2). LV and TR sit at the table opposite O, and MG and O2 sit on chairs to O’s right.

LV: I don’t think I’ll file a report but my friend who is a police officer told me to file a report, so.

O: okay.

LV: He said it’s just good to have it on record, so

O: Yeah, okay, I’ve got a little bit of info from dispatch.

LV: Yeah.

O: Um, said he stole your phone and your purse

O2: What happened?

LV: My whole purse. So yesterday I got in an argument with my husband on the phone and he was in Texas working, and I found some stuff that he’d been doing, so he was really defensive, and so I took the kids, we spent the night in a hotel cause I knew he was coming home, and um, so this morning when I took my son [redacted] when I went into the school to take him into school, he was waiting somewhere and like stole my purse out of the car. My whole purse, so, my phone, my wallet, my money, my everything was in there. So I didn’t have, I had the door locked but the sunroof was open, because we have a service dog and he was in the car and I didn’t want to, my son was kind of throwing a fit I didn’t want to get them both out of the car cause it was a mess this morning, (laughs - flirty) we didn’t have any of our stuff cause we spent the night in a hotel and he was out of his…element and… So I didn’t lock the door for like the first time ever, and he like whatever. Either got it out, I don’t know if the door was locked he got it out or he reached through the sunroof and just got it. But then he started texting all my family and all my friends and impersonating me, and tried, and got my friend lured over to the [MG tries to interrupt but officer indicates not to interrupt] house to meet him, where he had like kicked in the door to get into the house, and stuff, so.

O: And he did that this morning?

LV: Last night.

O: Last night.

LV: That’s [why?] I’m glad we weren’t there.

O: Right. Okay.

MG: When I got there I’m like, ‘Lori?’ ‘Where’s Lori?’

LV: Well he texted [shouts over MG] her from my phone because he was pretending to be me, saying ‘oh come meet me at the house’, whatever…so.

O: Okay. [Asks MG] How did he, what did he say to you, then?

MG: He said, ‘can you come to the house now?’ And I said ‘sure’. And [I?] proceeded to act like he was himself.

TR: Do you have those text messages on your phone?

MG: I don’t have it on my phone. But, so when I got there I said um, ‘you’ve been using Lori’s phone to connect with me’. He was ‘sorry, I’ve deceived you’. I said ’Oh, okay, how you doing, luckily there were some other people there that were…

LV: [interrupts] So he got, he was changing the locks and probably having the door fixed where he’d kicked it in.

MG [shouting over Lori] the locksmiths were there, the locksmiths were there, so they were there, but there was a white suburban which I, you know, I don’t know, I don’t know where he got that car but anyway, there was a few vehicles so I didn’t know, you know, who, I, I, I suspected it would be her.. I should have noticed that your car wasn’t there, but I didn’t notice that.

O: Okay [to LV] what kind of car do you drive?

LV: An Infiniti QX80

TR: Black.

O; So you got to the house, and then, you got there, he said ‘yeah I deceived you’ and then? What was he calling you there for?

MG: He wanted me to come over there and get some information about her, pretty much.

O: Oh okay, what did he ask you?

MG: He was asking like, ‘what’s got into her?’, like

LV: [interrupts] where is she, right?

MG: ‘Where is she?’ Course I didn’t say where she was. I didn’t know where she was, she didn’t actually tell me.

LV: I didn’t tell anybody what hotel we’re at cause I said it’s safer for everybody to not know [laughing]

MG: He just basically wanted me to take a side of things and just say

LV: [interrupts] Told her how crazy I was and stuff like that.

MG: Right.

O: Hmm. What was your name?

MG: Melanie.

O: Your last name?

MG: Gibb.

O: Okay, just for documentation later, what’s your date of birth? [redacted]

O: So okay, he had you come there, he was asking you questions, so like is this something that’s happened before, is this like…?

LV: Yeah. Unfortunately. Yeah, we’ve had to leave and go to hotels just until he calms down or something. You know. So, we’ve done that before.

O: What is it, like that motivates him doing this kind of stuff, is it, does he say why?

LV: He just goes nuts sometimes.

O: Just goes nuts sometimes?

LV: [shouts over him] But, this time I caught him cheating and I had evidence and I told him about it and he travels a lot for business so, I told him about it, and told him not to come home and that his stuff would be gone and that his car would be gone and all those things (Tylee puts her hand over on the table in front of LV, in a quieten down motion) (lots of laughter from LV and MG) So he was a little mad..

MG: She’s just trying to protect herself.

LV: But I just left with the kids cause I don’t want them in all the drama (says with a sickly smile and turning to look straight at Tylee by her side), so

TR: Yeah.

O: So then he took your phone and purse and has he tried to make contact with you since?

LV: He’s tried to contact me through her… I don’t have a way to be contacted (lots of cross-talking and inaudible words)

MG: I didn’t know what her ph…, I couldn’t contact her

LV: Nobody could contact me, I just went and bought a phone so I could have a phone, a little throwaway phone so I could

O2: Have you called him to ask him if he’d bring your stuff back?

LV: Well he talked to her about it (points at MG) so he says sh…

MG: Yeah. I said would you be willing to give me the purse for Lori? You know. Um. And he goes ‘no, unless she does this, this and’ you know ‘all these things done.

O2: Don’t speak in generalities, we want specifics.

MG: Oh sorry. He wants me to meet him at therapy today,

LV: [for some money or something?] (lots of cross-talking hard to decipher who says what) –

MG: He [wasn’t going to?] give you the purse he’s just is saying he’d give it to me if I meet him there. (I think this is MG, could be LV): I don’t really want to talk to him today if I don’t have to.

O2: Okay, so if we get, if we have him bring the purse back are we all good? Like, I mean, you’re not willing to meet with him at, with the therapist or anything?

LV: Well…

O2: To try to get it back?

LV: I don’t want to meet him, cause I don’t know, (childish voice) he’s very sneaky, so like what he’ll do is meet me in the parking lot and mess around with me, you know, whatever, like he’s not going to just…

O2: What if we call him and see if he’ll come here

LV: [continues shouting over O2] …let me walk into therapy but

O2: and we can facilitate him giving your purse back?

LV: (sheepishly & unconvincingly) that will be fine, if you want to try that (mouse-like voice). (louder) I know he has it because he, he’s texting and (shouting) all my family, and the kids too!

MG: Definitely, so we know it was him that took the purse. Because he had her phone.

O: What’s he texting you? (to TR)

TR: Um, he, I have the text (pulls out her phone). He was basically just texting me

LV: (interrupts) He’s acting like my son was in danger, ‘I’ve been worried about JJ’s safety and…’

TR: (raises her hand to Lori and says okay, then shushes her)

LV: And things and texting her like he’s gonna

TR: So he at first text me, ‘are you doing okay today, hey girl are you [redacted] please [redacted] your mum I may not be home for a bit, love you, sent me a strange link to a website about our church,

LV: about [??cussing??] people

TR: Yeah, um said this is what’s happening, and then he text me at almost midnight ‘I’m so [redacted] but I have no choice, I’m just sick [redacted] danger, I had no choice’. Which I’m, he didn’t file a police report or anything as far as we know, so I’m just assuming he was trying to get a response, and then ‘I love you’. He was

O: A police report about what?

TR: Err, I don’t know, but he was acting like he did something [?]. ((my note - I’m assuming this was to do with Charles getting a committal order for Lori))

O: And then those text messages came from, do you have it entered as Mom’s phone?

TR: No that was from him.

LV: No that was before, that’s before, he didn’t take the purse until 8:30 this morning

TR: This was last night.

LV: At school.

TR: And he was sending word for word this same text to my cousin, like

O: What’s his name?

LV: Charles

O: What’s his phone number? [redacted] Does he have the same last name as you?

LV: Yeah Vallow. Mhm. Charles Vallow. So my friend told me, my friend that’s a police officer, he said go file a report, file a [(garbled words) restraining order?] all that stuff, I don’t want to do all that stuff, I just wanted it to be on record and if we can get the purse back that’ll be lovely, cause all my stuff is in there. I’m really mad about my lip gloss. (laughter) He has all the cards with all the stuff, so he’s mad cause I took the money out of our account but it’s a joint account, so he wants me to give him money, and

O2: Okay, that’s all a civil issue. Purse? There’s no reason why he’s walking around with your purse, your I.D., that he doesn’t have a right to.

LV: Right, that’s what I’m saying, all the rest of the stuff is our joint stuff together, so.

O: Alright, um, we’re going to leave the room temporarily, we’re going to try to give him a call, see if we can’t get this rectified.

LV: (saccharin voice) That’d be great.

TR: Thank you.

O: You’re welcome.

Officers leave room

O2: Do you want to make this call or do you want me to call

O: I don’t know, this one’s a little confusing for me, honestly, laughs.

She drives an Infiniti QX80, how on earth did CV pay for all of this stuff?
snipped by VV

Also, odd that MG says she doesn't have the texts on her phone. Did she delete them? Why? Why didn't the officer ask?
I was also thinking that LVD grabbed CVs phone not only to taunt him before he was shot to death, but also to delete stuff she txt'd him! Maybe FBI can get that data.

I wonder if this "joint account" was the one that had over $30,000 taken out of it by LVD?

Bet she forgot to mention that to LE. I think the conversation with the police would have been dramatically different if the police knew how much she had taken, and that the money she had taken was earmarked to pay the wages of other hard working people.

She underplayed it, made it sound like she took out a few bucks and that her husband was overreacting. You'll notice the police don't even ask her how much she is talking about. Something about attractive woman tends to lower men's guards, and they tend to want to play the role of the protector. JMO

However, if he had that type of money in a joint account, this would not be a very wise thing to do. At the very least this should have been set up as a business account, and LVD should not have access to it period, since she wasn't involved in the business. IMO

MOO
It's my understanding that it was a business account. It's not clear what type of business entity, and that matters.

So Boswell doesn't count. And yet we have LVD's inconsistent statements to various people. I've not seen a case where a parent has 2 or more children vanish, doesnt report it, they can't be proven to be alive and the parent walks. Sure there are cases where the parent claims a child ran away, thought they were at a friends house, etc.. This case is nothing like that. At some point they will be presumed to be dead - If there is zero evidence to prove they are alive and a lot of evidence that points to their planned demise, you may have a hard time proving murder. As long as it results in her being incarcerated for life, it's probably justice.
Here's an old case: Disappearance of Rilya Wilson - Wikipedia

A child in foster care disappeared, which wasn't discovered until two years later. The foster mother was indicted for murder after confessing to another inmate. The jury deadlocked and she was eventually convicted of kidnapping and child abuse. The child was never found.

Another similarity: Graham admitted to killing Rilya because the child was "evil" and was plagued by "demons" from previous abuse.

This kind of manipulation of the legal system works because typically 9 out of 10 times it's a man who is more of a physical threat. Consequently, laws have been enacted to protect women and children. But 1 out of 10 times you have someone maybe not as evil as LVD, but a woman that abuses the system with false accusations to get custody, money, and inflict pain and suffering on the man. A lot of men lose everything and sometimes are incarcerated based on such false accusations. The reason is that in almost every state there are laws that give emergency protection that violate their constitutional rights (even if only temporarily). People that take it a step further like LVD and AxC to murder someone and collect or try to collect life insurance are not as common.

Case in point:

It strikes me as strange that we keep seeing all of these attractive women that are extremely dangerous women, that get away with this stuff for years.

For example we have: LVD, Jodi Arias, Amanda Knox, Megan Martzen, Casey Anthony, and the list goes on.

A lot of this has to do with stereotypes, and being able to hide behind the law. The law is supposed to be blind to prevent this, instead it helps enable these type of women instead.

MOO

Also interesting that LV was making the police report around 2:30PM, long after she must have dropped JJ off at school and discovered her purse and phone missing. In the intervening time, which must have been several hours, LV had managed to buy a burner phone (according to LV) and speak with her police friend (presumably JM) who recommended she file a report, CV had managed to summon MG (via LV's text) to the Vallow house and MG had gone there and subsequently left, and LV and MG had connected and shared stories about the morning's events. One wonders why so many hours passed between discovery of the missing purse/phone and showing up at the police station, likely at around the time JJ would need to be picked up from school.

Also, odd that MG says she doesn't have the texts on her phone. Did she delete them? Why? Why didn't the officer ask?
How did LV and MG connect when LV wasn't reachable - didn't have her phone and said that nobody knew where she was?

All of these police officers need a sticker for their foreheads reading "HAD"

She's so repulsive I can't even transcribe the last video.
I wonder how she’s coping being in jail while this lockdowns going on? I wonder if she’s smug like she feels the SHTF is coming and they were right or if her masks slipping and she’s staring to loose it?

I’ve been in for 6 weeks and due to health am pretty used to it anyway but it’s getting to me not being able to go anywhere, get the things I’m used to getting etc. At least we’ve got a home and garden though. She’s at someone else’s mercy and can’t even eat the foods she wants to eat, go outside when she wants etc or see her darling CD;)

Has it dawned on her yet that potentially she’s in that place for the rest of her life or I wonder if she’s still smug and righteous? You’re correct though, she’s repulsive. MOO

She has been disarming people with her 'stereotypes' all of her life.

Interesting that Tylee wants to maybe become a police officer and then Lori plays the my friend is a cop card. <huge eyeroll>

I wonder if she invited her new besties to the pool party?

I cant even finish listening to this.

I think her mask is slipping. Someone said its been 40 days? Yeah, reality is definitely setting in. Shes accustomed to the good life. The jail food alone is enough. I wouldn't wish covid 19 on anyone, not even her. But thats got to be in the forefront of anyone who's incarcerated. Its spreading thru jails like wildfire.
I just hope shes not in protective custody or getting any kind of special treatment. Probably not. They'd want her to chat with other inmates, may even have a plant in there.

Yeah, I forgot about their quasi-insistence that Charles had also texted MG; in which case he'd have to have Lori's phone to do so, one assumes, as MG is a podcast-aka-AVOW friend; but I was "rolling it up" in my mind as all of a piece with my reaction.

So MG has helpfully deleted any "evidence" that Charles texted MG from Lori's phone (hint: I don't believe this happened); and yet, we're expected to believe that he did?

Also, I don't know how texts go on non-iPhones, but if MG were to go about deleting "Lori's texts when they were actually typed by Charles" on an iPhone, I think she'd wind up getting rid of every text Lori had ever sent her to-date, as that's how my iPhone plays it. You can't delete partial portions of a text thread between two individuals on an iPhone; so IMO, this too would have been an easy check for LE, had they but done it.
Hey there, I have an iPhone and can delete specific text within a text thread/stream without deleting all messages within the stream. Just hold your finger on a particular message within the text thread and a menu will pop up, select 'more,' click in the circle of the text messages you want to remove, then select the trash can at the bottom left. I do this when there is a large photo attached or a long message with attachments. Perhaps yours is different. However, deleting these messages does not mean they are 'gone' from the phone; I'm sure they are able to be retracted. Just as with files deleted from a computer are able to be recovered.

Even with this capability, I agree with you; I don't believe text were ever sent from LV's phone to MG by CV.

Hopefully he will be arrested soon. He is as guilty as she is. He had some involvement with TDs death, and at a minimum assisted with disposal of her kids. He doesn’t deserve to meet anybody else.
While he still has time, Chad would be wise to pursue an annulment and cooperate with law enforcement if he has any interest in self preservation. I think conspiracy charges are imminent. If he had any practical foresight, he would take a cue from Melani and start creating a narrative that offers some plausible deniability. His loyalty to Lori at this point is demonstrative of his ego and delusion - he’s guilty by association, but since he’s blind to reality he can’t read the writing on the wall. I’m sure all of the recent earthquakes and the pandemic are only fanning his holy flames and building distortion. .

I’m looking forward to his arrest. I feel like we’re getting close.

MOO
IIRC they did talk about Lori taking money from the joint account, but the police officer said that it was a civil matter.

Kay in her last interview for East Idaho News also mentions Lori having access to Charles' accounts. I think it was said some time ago that Lori was paying the bills when Charles was away working.

Transcription (with a little commentary)
LV: My whole purse. So yesterday I got in an argument with my husband on the phone and he was in Texas working, and I found some stuff that he’d been doing, so he was really defensive, and so I took the kids, we spent the night in a hotel cause I knew he was coming home, and um, so this morning when I took my son [redacted] when I went into the school to take him into school, he was waiting somewhere and like stole my purse out of the car. My whole purse, so, my phone, my wallet, my money, my everything was in there. So I didn’t have, I had the door locked but the sunroof was open, because we have a service dog and he was in the car and I didn’t want to, my son was kind of throwing a fit I didn’t want to get them both out of the car cause it was a mess this morning, (laughs - flirty) we didn’t have any of our stuff cause we spent the night in a hotel and he was out of his…element and… So I didn’t lock the door for like the first time ever, and he like whatever. Either got it out, I don’t know if the door was locked he got it out or he reached through the sunroof and just got it. But then he started texting all my family and all my friends and impersonating me, and tried, and got my friend lured over to the [MG tries to interrupt but officer indicates not to interrupt] house to meet him, where he had like kicked in the door to get into the house, and stuff, so.

O: And he did that this morning?
LV: Last night.
O: Last night.
LV: That’s [why?] I’m glad we weren’t there.
O: Right. Okay.
MG: When I got there I’m like, ‘Lori?’ ‘Where’s Lori?’
LV: Well he texted [shouts over MG] her from my phone because he was pretending to be me, saying ‘oh come meet me at the house’, whatever…so.
O: What is it, like that motivates him doing this kind of stuff, is it, does he say why?
LV: He just goes nuts sometimes.

BBM. Ok, so I don't understand. If CV stole her purse in the morning, how could he contact MG from LV's phone the previous night?
Also, wouldn't it be possible that the idea to go to police about the purse was to document how unstable CV is? So that there would be in the future documented proof of him being violent (and hence - self defence explained)?

BBM. Ok, so I don't understand. If CV stole her purse in the morning, how could he contact MG from LV's phone the previous night?
Also, wouldn't it be possible that the idea to go to police about the purse was to document how unstable CV is? So that there would be in the future documented proof of him being violent (and hence - self defence explained)?
I’m assuming he took it the morning before and she reported him that night, went in the next day to fill out the report. I wouldn’t believe that he took it but he admitted it in the call with LE. He says it was at the house. I suspect he had good reason though and was trying to get his money back and maybe see what was on her phone? Very little of what LV says makes sense JMO

I love the way how Charles laughs when the officer phones him and tells him Lori's there.

It gives me a real sense of who he was. Magnanimous.

I think someone here was looking for proof of what was written about Lori in Charles' divorce petition. Well now we have a witness to her saying she would destroy Charles, making irrational statements such as Charles wasn't who he said he was, and saying she would give up the children. And the witness was only brought into the end of the conversation. Thank goodness Charles had the foresight to do that.

Chandler PD, justice for Charles is overdue!

moo

I'm not sure if she is just saying he kicked in the door the previous night. As opposed to sending the text to MG then. It's not clear though. I know Tylee said he was using his own phone to text her the previous night.

I really hope MG comes to her senses and testifies against Lori and Chad, and exposes it all!

MOO - I'm really hoping that MG is charged as an an accompliance for failing to notify the police that both Chad and Lori called her and asked her to lie about the children's whereabouts. She waited 11 days. For 11 days she thought about herself, how her silence would implicate her. She most likely enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal with her family. She most likely had to retain an attorney for advice. It took 11 days for her to realize what she had become involved in. If she talks, it will be because she does not want to end up in jail, not because she cares for JJ and Tylee - both of whom she knows. She knows these children and did not immediately call the police back or notifiy them when they contacted her that Chad and Lori asked her to become part of their conspiracy. She waited 11 days.

26 Nov 2019, about 9:30 pm - Rexburg PD have not heard from MG so they call Gilbert PD. LE in Arizona go to MG’s home but she is not there. GPD reaches MG by phone; She tells them JJ has not been there for several months. (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho News)

6 Dec 2019 - RPD is contacted by Melanie Gibb. MG says that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called MG on Nov 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had JJ even though JJ was not with her. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.”

MOO - I'm really hoping that MG is charged as an an accompliance for failing to notify the police that both Chad and Lori called her and asked her to lie about the children's whereabouts. She waited 11 days. For 11 days she thought about herself, how her silence would implicate her. She most likely enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal with her family. She most likely had to retain an attorney for advice. It took 11 days for her to realize what she had become involved in. If she talks, it will be because she does not want to end up in jail, not because she cares for JJ and Tylee - both of whom she knows. She knows these children and did not immediately call the police back or notifiy them when they contacted her that Chad and Lori asked her to become part of their conspiracy. She waited 11 days.

26 Nov 2019, about 9:30 pm - Rexburg PD have not heard from MG so they call Gilbert PD. LE in Arizona go to MG’s home but she is not there. GPD reaches MG by phone; She tells them JJ has not been there for several months. (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho News)

6 Dec 2019 - RPD is contacted by Melanie Gibb. MG says that both Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow called MG on Nov 26, 2019, at separate times and asked her to tell police that she had JJ even though JJ was not with her. “Melanie informed RPD that she declined Chad’s and Lori’s requests.”
MG did no lie for Lori and Chad. We don't know what they told her about the kids' whereabouts, but I doubt she thought they were dead on Nov 26. She might have taken some time to think or even ask around and could have come to the conclusion that they probably weren't hidden with someone (maybe she was being lied in that regard as well). It might have taken some time for her to realize the seriousness of the situation, perhaps she even feared for her safety. Someone else could have pointed out to her that she might be considered an accomplice if she doesn't go to police. As far as we know, she went to police voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member