Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that LS' defense has filed a notice that the DA cannot obtain records of confidential information pertaining to drug and/or alcohol addiction treatment or confidential military records.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/D2 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory Case Law and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Makes me wonder if LS had a problem with drugs and/or alcohol.

Yeah, she’s got the thought and speech patterns of someone with brain damage from something. Could be drugs.

Hh was a minor and often times courts make exceptions for kids, even much older children, who are deemed under the spell and control of the primary suspect. I read about a case like that where the mother wiped out the entire family, leaving behind only one, her favorite daughter. They gave immunity to daughter I believe.
I really don’t think the DA wants to charge HH unless they have no other choice however there are still big chunks of the case missing and it may come down to those missing pieces.

That
How disappointing. I've always assumed child abusers/killers twere lower than dirt in the social prison hierarchy.

That was not my experience, but it is a popular trope that goes along with the "honor among thieves" trope - MOO - but I did see it hold true among male inmates more often than among female inmates. A female perp in a horrible torture murder of a young man was POPULAR with both sexes.

Many times inmates are not aware of each other's criminal histories. Sometimes a high-profile inmate is moved out of state and the inmates in the new state don't care about how infamous the crime was in the original state, example JTP who kidnapped Jayme is now in my state in gen pop I believe.

Yes, of course you would be (beside yourself). But that's what it's like to have a child go missing. Seattle is not known for its rapid responses, btw (nor is Los Angeles - and San Francisco is even worse). 2000 people go missing daily. I suppose we could enact laws where kids get priority but in reality, kids are more likely to just turn up later.

I don't know anything about public satisfaction with CS police, but it seems to me that they took the call, had few details (so no reason for an immediate investigation - no word of a parent abduction, no sign of B & E, just a normal kid wandering away from home), and then they put it into NAMUS and other databases, and then sent the first available officer to take a report.

Where I live, it's not uncommon for it to be 6-18 hours before the officer shows up for a report of this kind. The first line of investigation for a missing child is for the family to look for the child - and in 98-99% of cases that's effective and the child is fine.

The other crimes going down in CoS at the time made me really aware - there were other missing kids (older kids are more likely to be vulnerable to sex trafficking, not Gannon's age), they had to triage too.

Just as an example, one day at work, we had about 5 crimes/situations going down at the same time. I thought the one I reported needed way faster intervention (someone in a raised pick-up, speeding, hit a man in a wheelchair). But then, there was a sexual assault with the perp on foot running through campus, and a deliberate hit and run with an injury, and a physical altercation between two students (that was managed by faculty).

Just another day.

When we had 3 (THREE) break-ins over a period of 2 months, police did nothing. We had footprints and, eventually, video footage (but the timestamp was wrong - so, absolutely nothing was done). We know who it was. It was very very hard to avoid trying to do something about it ourselves. We learned that two other neighbors had had the same person break in to their home (to steal identity, btw). Then we had other neighbors (friends of the criminals) tell us to simmer down and stop reporting it.

Until you're a victim, you don't realize just how thin police services are - in every nation, in every state. It's actually way better, crime-wise, where I live than in many places in the US.

I think LE reacted pretty "normally" to the report of Gannon's disappearance and probably thought if he wasn't home by bedtime, it was a bit more serious...

I'm reminded that AS reported GS as a runaway on the non-emergency police line, and believe this accounts for the 3 hour response time-- and not that this is fairly normal response time after a child's been reported missing.

I'm quite certain police response is definitely based on the urgency of the caller -- especially when the call comes in on 911 by a frantic parent. Time is of the essence. More recently, Faye Swetlik, Cayce, NC and Lizzie Shelly of Logan, UT (child homicides) come to mind-- both of which had an immediate response by LE to the 911 call reporting a child missing.

I wonder if AS questioned the non-urgent report of his son missing? Did GS have a history of going out and not returning as planned, and AS OK with this? He was only 11...

I don't think the stats have changed much -- the average age/gender for a missing child (homicide) is female, age 11; and missing children are usually killed within 3 hours of being abducted and/or missing.

Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

Wow. I am guessing they are understaffed and overwhelmed?
What about reporting something where there is a virus shutting down the nation?
I would have thought they would have arrived at Gannons home within half an hour.

Really? Well, I'm used to California. I live in a county between LA and SF.

I watched someone get beaten into unconsciousness in SF - the police never did arrive. The motel owner did nothing. We called an ambulance, which took almost an hour to arrive. I spent a couple of months trying to find out why, from SFPD, and got some interesting interviews. I was told to report it on an online page so that it could be part of their crime stats.

There was no virus shutting down the nation in January - but the response today would be a bit quicker (because, well, the local crime rate where I live is way lower than usual).

If you go back to the first couple of threads for Gannon's case, you'll see that other kids went missing that same week. Missing persons is not a top level emergency. Someone going in and shooting up a public place is a top level emergency.

I would be surprised if LE arrived within 30 minutes for a "runaway, voluntarily missing" person case anywhere - but perhaps you live someplace where there are lots of police. We can barely afford the police we have, where I live.

The number of kids who don't come home when they're supposed to (where I live) is up to 50 per day - so there's no way that our 12-20 patrolling officers can get to all of those in 30 minutes (weekends are worse).

How many responding officers do you have? My city is about 150,000.

I stopped listening to the local scanner, but by 9-10 pm each night, there are multiple calls for officers to respond to various altercations, fights, thefts, etc. All of those involve immediate violence. A missing person is just not coded as being as important. Officers no longer go solo - two or three cars are always called out. Just the park near my house will have 3-4 calls per hour. Nextdoor stats report an upswing in suspicious person complaints (although really, there's a downturn in street crime - domestic violence is much higher).

If a small child goes missing, I think maybe the response would be faster, but for an 11 year old, not so sure.

Have you ever called the police for a domestic violence complaint? It's a really unpredictable response time, but I'd say 20-30 minutes where I live (and then, the main officer is usually around for 1-2 hours, depending on what happened).

A rock and a hard place is preferable to dead. Gannon is dead. And his step sister would not cooperate?
Gannon is dead because of HH's Mom. I imagine she is very afraid of her Mom, and her Mom's immediate relatives. HH knows what her Mom is capable of.

I see her as a victim as well, at this time. My opinion may change over time, but I have to keep in mind that she was raised in a very close, toxic relationship with this gaslighting, evil woman.

Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.

ANOTHER post that deserves giant bold letters and to be repeated. Deception is an interesting one. If anyone near LS made a misstep here and left something out, Ooo boy.

I agree with other posters who have said: justice will work it out.

Here is what I matched up per the image on page 29 of the arrest affidavit(shown on the left, google earth on the right). It appears to me that the bloody bd was located very near where Investigators spent multiple days extensively searching near Sierra pines lane.

Court releases full arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case

I know @Hatfield referenced a different location much further north in the previous thread, but its my belief that the map I am providing is actually the accurate location. JMO

Coordinates
Latitude: 39° 8'31.78"N
Longitude: 104°54'53.31"W

View attachment 241687

View attachment 241689

I believe this is also the area where LE stopped allowing media to video/report from across the street? I remember our conversation(s) at the time speculated that (1) the green barrier on the fence was placed there by LE, and (2) something must have been found in the area if media was no longer allowed to be close to the search. I think were right about #2. :(

Thinking about the AA today and trying to figure out the "medical emergency" during the LE interview and had a thought. Is it possible that LS had her first ever major panic attack when she realized they knew she had killed GS? As someone with severe anxiety, I can attest to the fact that they can make you think you're actually having cardiac issues. MOO

I'm reminded that AS reported GS as a runaway on the non-emergency police line, and believe this accounts for the 3 hour response time-- and not that this is fairly normal response time after a child's been reported missing.

I'm quite certain police response is definitely based on the urgency of the caller -- especially when the call comes in on 911 by a frantic parent. Time is of the essence. More recently, Faye Swetlik, Cayce, NC and Lizzie Shelly of Logan, UT (child homicides) come to mind-- both of which had an immediate response by LE to the 911 call reporting a child missing.

I wonder if AS questioned the non-urgent report of his son missing? Did GS have a history of going out and not returning as planned, and AS OK with this? He was only 11...

I don't think the stats have changed much -- the average age/gender for a missing child (homicide) is female, age 11; and missing children are usually killed within 3 hours of being abducted and/or missing.

Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

In the AA, #18, it says TS called 911 at 1855 (6:55) to report GS missing. She was advised by the operator to call the non-emergency line for El Paso Co. So whatever delays there were, weren't her doing if the AA report is accurate. (And I'd think it would be on that point because LE could easily check records.)

Nor could TS be sure cops wouldn't show for hours giving her more clean up time. JMO

Yeah. I can get past her potentially helping her mother, as there was certainly a hold there.

After the fact though, when the smoke cleared, it was her moral obligation to do the right thing. This was a helpless child, who was brutally murdered by a monster.

Once HH was safely away from TS and her influence, that was the time to speak up. If it hasn’t happened, then I expect it to. If it does not happen, then shame on her.

I can excuse some things, but not a failure to help bring justice to a grieving family, and a murdered child.

There are questions, and she has answers.

Yes, this is how I feel as well. Once the arrest was made, all bets were off as far as HH not cooperating with LE. Hopefully, HH came around to thinking logically once her domineering mother was placed in cuffs.

Gannon is dead because of HH's Mom. I imagine she is very afraid of her Mom, and her Mom's immediate relatives. HH knows what her Mom is capable of.

I see her as a victim as well, at this time. My opinion may change over time, but I have to keep in mind that she was raised in a very close, toxic relationship with this gaslighting, evil woman.
I need to remember in this thread and future threads that this is about Gannon.
That said, there is a lot to discuss from the AA.

I am neither for nor against HH ; but want justice for this boy who died most likely an atrocious death.
Anyone that had knowledge beforehand and has been deceptive to LE needs to answer for their decisions and/or inaction.
It would be interesting to know just who was in that 'caravan' of vehicles that showed up prior to the Spencer/cousin Itt interview.
Imo.

I see that LS' defense has filed a notice that the DA cannot obtain records of confidential information pertaining to drug and/or alcohol addiction treatment or confidential military records.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/D2 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory Case Law and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Makes me wonder if LS had a problem with drugs and/or alcohol.

Can you please tell me what site you go on to find these court docs? Thank you in advance!

Kinda surprised how little le has in this arrest warrant. I was expecting a lot of video snapshots of where she went with the rental car, what the murder weapon probably was, and some light to what all these eye witnesses are for and some guesses to a motive. I was expecting something like fotis dulos’ arrest warrant

Last edited:
Ok. I need to read the AA again and get the timing right for all her texting and searching. I do remember one thing that stood out to me in regards to this timing is her 2nd trip to Petco and Gannon's reply to his dad, "can I at least play Zelda?" They occurred within a couple of minutes of each other. Why didn't he answer his dad sooner?
He wasn’t able to respond to his dad’s text because LS intentionally left Gannon’s phone at her first Petco stop. Surely peeps have already responded but I am way behind. HTH

Any thoughts on how LE will incorporate the discovery of Gannon's body in Florida? In the AA it was stressed that they believed LS disposed of him in the area where the board was found.

I'm at a loss to understand the next step. Help me out guys!

The AA predates GS body recovered in Florida, and obviously before investigators had any credible information leading them to Florida.

The AA was actually to support that GS was a victim of homicide -- killed by LS in his bedroom located in El Paso County, Co.

There was evidence of LS traveling to Douglas County, as well as a particleboard located there with blood confirmed to belong to GS.

The first-degree murder charge would have gone forward as written-- whether or not GS body was ever located. According to the AA, it appears investigators believed that animals probably scattered GS remains.

The Florida details will now be used to support the Tampering with a deceased human body (18-8-610.5), and Tampering with physical evidence (18-8-610(1)(a)) charges outlined in the complaint.

MOO

ETA: correct initials to LS. (Thank you @soap mama ). ;)

Last edited:
I agree.

That said, I am all for HH not talking unless she is compelled to do so. I want her to have a lawyer who will ensure that she has effective counsel. Now, if after having her rights protected, she is arrested for her part in it. I will support a criminal prosecution to the fullest they can. At this point, she has neither parent nor step-parent in her life. To turn on her mother means that she risks alienating her only support system. It might be good for her to get an immunity deal and be propelled to talk---less divisive in the family.

Just as I have rights to seek counsel and not talk to LE if they ask me a question, HH does as well. Is she guilty of something large or small in Gannon's murder? We will see. I want all convictions to be fair and just with little question as to the validity of same.

Totally agree. HH is at a crossroads and what she chooses to do now will affect the rest of her life. I hope if she fully cooperates that she has a really good support system in some part of her family and with therapy, etc.

Something clicked here for me.

I have the beginnings of an idea.

LS came home and backed into the driveway. Let's say she drugged Gannon and waited a loooong time for him to die. Drove around for a while. He finally passes out. She stops somewhere and puts him in the suitcase, which she had with her. No blood yet. She thinks he's dead.*
She intends to bring him home in the suitcase and place him back in bed.... exactly like he was that morning. She has the picture to help her make it look like he hadn't left his bed all day.

She gets home and brings him in, inside the suitcase, through the garage. Starts to put him in his bed and she realizes he's still alive. She is running out of time, so she gets a .22, pushes his face into the pillow and shoots him. Blood splatter, not much noise... bullet lodges inside his body and doesn't make an exit wound.

Maybe her original intent was to send little sister in to find him dead after school.

*Or, if not dead, she thought he would suffocate inside the suitcase.
This actually makes a lot of sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member