Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
This virus is not after the elders, It is after everyone. Please study state stats and world also. No-one gets to own it. MOO

Please study this Austin Tx report regarding ages: COVID-19 Information | AustinTexas.gov
This looks like statistics of those who tested positive. Not those who are seriously ill. There's no doubt young people have the virus but, fortunately, they don't seem to be becoming seriously ill from it and dying like they do from the flu.

@dixiegirl1035 I looked at this earlier, and posted the same link on the Florida page. I think that the model for Florida is flawed. The population is going to get much sicker, much faster than the model.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

INMO.

I felt the Virginia model was flawed. Virginia shows time span April til the middle of JULY. The numbers do not match or line up with our surrounding state models, nor others with the similar populations.

So, I wrote to health data. The reason Virginia model spans over many, months, relates to not closing all essential businesses. Our Governor pulled a fast one, everyone thinks we have closed essential not so, just selective ones. The forecast model weights closing businesses heavily in the mitigation of infection.

Virginia is now in the top 10 states for highest deaths per capita. When we ask for models and numbers, our governor says you don't need them, just keep listening to me. I feel like he's the piper leading us all to destruction.

Moo...

This looks like statistics of those who tested positive. Not those who are seriously ill. There's no doubt young people have the virus but, fortunately, they don't seem to be becoming seriously ill from it and dying like they do from the flu.
Yes you are correct. Thank you for pointing that out. I need to calm down lol

Last edited:
Thank you for checking in from the frontline dear Emily. Hoping you get a good sleep tonight. Hugs to you!

Short answer: yes.

I'm an RN at a Denver METRO hospital. While my unit is currently "non-COVID" the floor above, the floors below, PACU and our Cardiac tower are now COVID units. We've had patients transfer in and out of our unit due to their current COVID status'. Today I got a patient from a COVID+ floor who was deemed negative due to history of COPD and cardiac history. He presented to the ED yesterday due to shortness of breath/hypoxia and was put on 15 liters of O2. He was weaned down to 7L today (what he's on at home). He underwent chest Xray in ED which showed no significant change from CXR in November so was not candidate for CT Chest. He has a heavy productive cough - which he states is baseline. We gave him some suction for sputum.

Yesterday we transferred 2 patients out of our unit due to suspected COVID. 1 was mine.

Side note: we've only had 4 people pass away in my hospital from COVID. We currently have 36 vented.

ITA. I just got snippy with people on my little town's FB page cause they were posting about going to buy flowers/plants. NOT ESSENTIAL. My Dad is currently dying in hospital alone because no visitors are allowed because of this virus. My Dad will die alone without his wife, kids and grandkids there to hold his hand, kiss his cheek, and comfort him. My Dad will die afraid and panicked because of this virus. I am deeply offended that people are STILL going out for non-essentials!
Very sorry for your Dad and your whole family. Completely agree about non essential trips.

Coronavirus: 'Unbelievable' people are breaking lockdown rules, says health secretary

Coronavirus: 'Unbelievable' people are breaking lockdown rules, says health secretary
Heath Secretary Matt Hancock insists sunbathing is not allowed as photos emerge of people flouting government advice to stay home.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has criticised sunbathers for breaking lockdown rules and warned those ignoring the advice to stay home that they are putting people's lives at risk.

Following the emergence of photographs and footage of people enjoying the sunshine during the warmest weekend of the last six months, Mr Hancock insisted sunbathing it not allowed.

His message to the British public on Sky News' Sophy Ridge On Sunday programme was clear: If you want the lockdown to end, follow the rules.

Is there a reporting axis broken down of positive's level of severity? Beyond that-statistics are true. And yes you are correct and I am glad that the most deaths are of advanced ages. Thank you for pointing that out.

This says the fatality rate in the young is .2 and it seems to include non-confirmed cases. But I've read that it's more like 0 including ICU and fatal cases. It was a major msm article from last week that didn't even include the 19 and under statistics for ICU/fatalities because they are so low.

Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

And here's the CDC stats from 2/1 to 3/28. The chart doesn't transfer over nicely, but the deaths are the very last number and include deaths "with pneumonia and COVID-19" So one death under the age of 25 years.

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Table 2. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and pneumonia reported to NCHS by age group, United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 3/28/2020.*
Data as of 4/3/2020

Age group All COVID-19 Deaths (U07.1)1 Deaths from All Causes Percent of Expected Deaths2 All Pneumonia Deaths3 (J12.0–J18.9) Deaths with Pneumonia and COVID-193 (J12.0–J18.9 and U07.1)
All ages 1,150 446,778 86 24,741 469
Under 1 year 0 2,396 63 19 0
1–4 years 1 489 74 23 1
5–14 years 0 713 71 26 0
15–24 years 0 4,036 78 73 0
25–34 years 8 8,424 83 189 3
35–44 years 33 12,076 85 388 8
45–54 years 75 23,299 77 983 26
55–64 years 123 56,398 83 2,824 50
65–74 years 265 87,567 88 4,778 91
75–84 years 331 110,592 88 6,590 145
85 years and over 314 140,788 84 8,848 145

What evidence is there that malaria drug is better than nothing? It might be worse than nothing, because it does have cardiovascular side effects.
People have recovered who have been prescribed it in hospital I believe. Sorry no link ATM.

Just found this link but there are quite a few links and this could explain South Korea's successful approach.

Actor claims antimalarial drug helped his recovery from CV-19

This guy calls it a secret weapon.

Last edited:
What do you mean rewritten? How? Did they rewrite 'He'? And the tears turned into sobs because the rewritten gave hope? Happy ending that's good. Children should not be burdened with adult's responsibilities.

They used the chorus but rewrote each verse with messages of hope and reassurance we will get thru this, love.

My tears came, from how our children's lives have changed and the dedication of loving, caring teachers putting together a video to give our kids hope, love and reassurance. I watched (FaceTime) my grandkids as they watched the video. They laughed, pointed out themselves, friends, shouted as they relived the memories. They seemed really upbeat, proud and happy to see their teachers "putting on a show" just for them.

Our schools are sending out daily messages, facebook posting video of kids playing band instruments from the front porch for their neighborhood, kids cooking, craft projects. They are doing a great job of staying connected and keeping our kids connected.

Short answer: yes.

I'm an RN at a Denver METRO hospital. While my unit is currently "non-COVID" the floor above, the floors below, PACU and our Cardiac tower are now COVID units. We've had patients transfer in and out of our unit due to their current COVID status'. Today I got a patient from a COVID+ floor who was deemed negative due to history of COPD and cardiac history. He presented to the ED yesterday due to shortness of breath/hypoxia and was put on 15 liters of O2. He was weaned down to 7L today (what he's on at home). He underwent chest Xray in ED which showed no significant change from CXR in November so was not candidate for CT Chest. He has a heavy productive cough - which he states is baseline. We gave him some suction for sputum.

Yesterday we transferred 2 patients out of our unit due to suspected COVID. 1 was mine.

Side note: we've only had 4 people pass away in my hospital from COVID. We currently have 36 vented.

Thank you for all you are doing. I pray many times daily for our Healthcare workers and their families. There are no words to express the gratitude for the sacrifices, mental and physical stress and risk you are exposed to daily.

May God Bless you and keep you safe.

Moo

This says the fatality rate in the young is .2 and it seems to include non-confirmed cases. But I've read that it's more like 0 including ICU and fatal cases. It was a major msm article from last week that didn't even include the 19 and under statistics for ICU/fatalities because they are so low.

Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

And here's the CDC stats from 2/1 to 3/28. The chart doesn't transfer over nicely, but the deaths are the very last number and include deaths "with pneumonia and COVID-19" So one death under the age of 25 years.

Table 2. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and pneumonia reported to NCHS by age group, United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 3/28/2020.*
Data as of 4/3/2020

Age group All COVID-19 Deaths (U07.1)1 Deaths from All Causes Percent of Expected Deaths2 All Pneumonia Deaths3 (J12.0–J18.9) Deaths with Pneumonia and COVID-193 (J12.0–J18.9 and U07.1)
All ages 1,150 446,778 86 24,741 469
Under 1 year 0 2,396 63 19 0
1–4 years 1 489 74 23 1
5–14 years 0 713 71 26 0
15–24 years 0 4,036 78 73 0
25–34 years 8 8,424 83 189 3
35–44 years 33 12,076 85 388 8
45–54 years 75 23,299 77 983 26
55–64 years 123 56,398 83 2,824 50
65–74 years 265 87,567 88 4,778 91
75–84 years 331 110,592 88 6,590 145
85 years and over 314 140,788 84 8,848 145

Total deaths in US from CV19 shown as 1,150 as of 28 Mar. This is different from the figures we are hearing. Any idea why as I am just not getting it? Is it because the total deaths reported elsewhere just show the presence of CV19 and the cause of death was not CV19 but eg cancer or diabetes?

I waited all day for the IHME modellers site that the US government used in their presser earlier this week. It was last updated on April 1, and was supposed to be updated on April 4th (Saturday). It's now changed it's header, and wasn't updated... it's after midnight and now says "As the pandemic progresses, we are working to incorporate new data about the virus in the US."

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

ETA: This is the screenshot from the presser that was livestreamed of the graph on Wednesday this week. Oh, and note it did originally and still does state "COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

View attachment 241886

I, as well, have been checking all day and noticed the update for 4/4 was removed. All the projections I've been tracking seem unchanged.

No update on the next update. This makes me a little more nervous. Moo...I don't think the social mitigation is working in some states (mine especially) .

Are they holding off for another announcement from the WH? I did notice Dr Birx seemed very solemn and fighting emotions, at times Saturday.

I feel, we waited to late in a lot of states and even with the closures, results are higher than expeditions.

Moo

Last edited:
ITA. I just got snippy with people on my little town's FB page cause they were posting about going to buy flowers/plants. NOT ESSENTIAL. My Dad is currently dying in hospital alone because no visitors are allowed because of this virus. My Dad will die alone without his wife, kids and grandkids there to hold his hand, kiss his cheek, and comfort him. My Dad will die afraid and panicked because of this virus. I am deeply offended that people are STILL going out for non-essentials!

Would the hospital make an exception under compassionate care and allow at the least his wife? Some hospital have changed their position over the last few days. Have you spoken to the hospital Administrator? Many times accelerating to a higher level can make a difference.

Is hospice an option, could he be brought home for his last days? I ask all this not knowing his diagmosis, forgive me if this is not possible.

Do you have a link that says it's been verified that the malaria drugs are useless?

I thought that testing is still underway.

There are many clinical trials currently taking place. The President has spoken of using on a compassion level. The FDA has approved for compassion use. It appears to be the preferred treatment. Goggle has lots of information.
Moo

Heath Secretary Matt Hancock insists sunbathing is not allowed as photos emerge of people flouting government advice to stay home.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has criticised sunbathers for breaking lockdown rules and warned those ignoring the advice to stay home that they are putting people's lives at risk.

Following the emergence of photographs and footage of people enjoying the sunshine during the warmest weekend of the last six months, Mr Hancock insisted sunbathing it not allowed.

His message to the British public on Sky News' Sophy Ridge On Sunday programme was clear: If you want the lockdown to end, follow the rules.
I just read "sunbathing not allowed" but then realised he means in parks. So you can exercise but not rest for a bit and lie down. We have to do as we are told but it's tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam