Identified! LA - St Tammy Parish, WhtMale 25-38, UP890, broken hip, Sz 11 Nike Air, thick glasses, Oct'93 - Joseph Lee Muniz

What about William Todd Jarreau, missing from Baton Rouge LA since October 1991? UID PMI 3 months (Namus)/2 months to 2 year (Doe Network). Height 5'6, UID Namus 5'6. MP Jarreau has a scar on his arm and multiple scars on his head. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
William Todd Jarreau – The Charley Project

william_todd_jarreau_1.jpg
108UMLA2_LARGE.jpg

What about William Todd Jarreau, missing from Baton Rouge LA since October 1991? UID PMI 3 months (Namus)/2 months to 2 year (Doe Network). Height 5'6, UID Namus 5'6. MP Jarreau has a scar on his arm and multiple scars on his head. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
William Todd Jarreau – The Charley Project

william_todd_jarreau_1.jpg
108UMLA2_LARGE.jpg

William seems like a good potential across the board on stats, timeline, location, etc. Athough, I am having trouble fitting his 130lb. booty into the pants ("remnants of Wrangler brand blue jeans, size 38W/32L") found with JD. This is not really a big deal for me given that he might simply have been wearing super big pants that day. ;) When comparing the pics I see the resemblance. I just can't imagine that FACES hasn't already done a comparison but you never know. I say go for it. :)

108UMLA2_LARGE.jpg

108UMLA.jpg
JSmith.jpg
108UMLA1.jpg

James Cary Smith - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People
James Cary Smith – The Charley Project
258DMLA - James Cary Smith

James Cary Smith went missing in 1991 from about an hour away in Harvey, LA. He seems a bit small at 160 pounds to have been wearing a size 38 men's jean but I suppose it's possible his pants were too big. The other issue that makes me doubt he's a match is that there is no mention of a limp or any hip or head injuries and/or back problems. However his profile is sort of scant on details beyond the basics. For example, there's no mention of any scars, marks, dental work, or anything that'll help identify him beyond age, height, and weight. James and this John Doe are both listed in LSU Faces database and have dentals and DNA so I'd venture to guess they've been compared but nothing is shown in NamUs. I wish they'd give a list of ruleouts for all these Does.

ETA - James' profile on Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office database lists his age as 38 instead of 22 as shown on all other profiles.
Missing Person

Last edited:

Case #93-29​

Case #93-29

Images
Click a thumbnail to expand
360_1.jpg

Resources
Date found:1993-10-29
PMI:several months to 2 or more years
Est. age at death:25 to 38
Sex:male
Race:White
Height:60 to 71 inches
Dental Records:Available
DNA Records:Available
FACES Case #:93-29
Identifying features
wearing 'Wrangler' brand blue jeans, size 38W/32L; 'Nike Air' tennis shoes, size 11
Additional details
found in swamp
Contact us
If you have any information concerning this case please contact the FACES Lab.
Teresa Wilson, Assistant Research Professor, LSU - (225) 578-4761
Maria Allaire, Research Associate, LSU - (225) 578-4775

Last seen alive: March 15, 1993

First Name: Joseph Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Muniz

Age When Last Known Alive: 21
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 68.0
Weight: 210.0

City: Burnsville
State: Minnesota
County: Dakota

Hair: Black
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Scar on arm.
Scar on cheek.

Other Distinctive: Fracture to right pelvis

Case #93-29​

Case #93-29

Images
Click a thumbnail to expand
360_1.jpg

Resources
Date found:1993-10-29
PMI:several months to 2 or more years
Est. age at death:25 to 38
Sex:male
Race:White
Height:60 to 71 inches
Dental Records:Available
DNA Records:Available
FACES Case #:93-29
Identifying features
wearing 'Wrangler' brand blue jeans, size 38W/32L; 'Nike Air' tennis shoes, size 11
Additional details
found in swamp
Contact us
If you have any information concerning this case please contact the FACES Lab.
Teresa Wilson, Assistant Research Professor, LSU - (225) 578-4761
Maria Allaire, Research Associate, LSU - (225) 578-4775
I'm not sure why the presenting the recon with brown eyes because the color of his eyes (and hair) is unknown, according to Namus.

Looking at the glasses. Could it be John William Wagner – The Charley Project ? John William Wagner?

1661851297006.png

Pearl River John Doe has been unidentified for 29 years today.

Strange that the reconstruction doesn't include his glasses. In addition to changing what a person looks like, they can tell a lot about vision problems that could be identifying. I wonder what the prescription was? Some lenses can make the eyes look huge ("Coke-bottle glasses") or tiny. The frames themselves look like the usual brown-clear plastic that was fashionable back then, if a little smaller than usual height-wise.

Identified!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back