MI MI - Romulus, LIVING BlkFem 40-60, Double Amputee, Names: Cj, Jesse, China Black, May'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

ME/C Case Number 22-4600-18

Height: 5' 6"-5' 8"(66-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 110-130 lbs, Estimated

Distinctive Physical Features

Amputation
Double Amputee at the knees

Piercing
Earlobes

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Living
Date Found: May 14, 2018
NamUs Case Created: May 29, 2018

Location Found Map
General Location -- Romulus, Michigan 48174
Wayne County

Circumstances of Recovery
Listed is a "Living Jane Doe". She has been living at the Beyond Boundaries Adult Foster Care Facility in Romulus, MI for the past 3-4 years with her identity known only by her self-given name of "China Black".

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Here are a few possibilities. I don't feel overly certain about any of them. However, each case has a little something that leaves open the possibility of a match. I've highlighted that info in green.

No photo. No exclusions.
Missing Person / NamUs #MP43216
Tannisha Marie Edison
Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact. January 1, 2015
Missing From. Detroit, Michigan
Missing Age. 39 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs
Hair Black (UID - Graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Pierced ears

Circumstances of Disappearance - Last seen in Detroit in 2015
# Given she's a local with a matching physical decription, has she been compared? Was her hair graying? Would her family, friends, or LE have investigated this potential when the surviving UID's case was publicized locally? It was publicized beyond that little FB post, right?

No photo. No exclusions.
NamUs #MP52033
Katrina Lynn Johnson
Date of Last Contact. November 13, 2011
Missing From. Tampa, Florida
Missing Age. 36 Years
Height 5' 5" (65 Inches) (1" shorter than estimated)
Weight 135 - 145 lbs (about 5 pounds lighter than estimated)
Hair Brown (UID - graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Circumstances of Disappearance - Her lease was up and she was going to move.
# Did she move to Detroit? I doubt it. It's unlikely this is Katrina but beyond the large distance between the locations, her physical stats and the last name "Johnson" keep her on my potential list.

Original
Original

No exclusions.
NamUs #MP60951 SHEQUENIA D BURNETT
Date of Last Contact. January 9, 2014
Missing From. NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
Missing Age 36 Years

Height. 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight. 149 lbs
Hair Black (UID - graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Distinctive Physical Features - Artificial body part/aid - subject's left leg was recovered
Circumstances of Disappearance -
The subject was last seen on 01/09/2014 in North Little Rock, AR. On 12/05/2015 the subject's leg was discovered floating in the Arkansas River near Little Rock, AR.
# I highly doubt this is Shequenia but I couldn't get beyond the fact that her left leg was found in a river. :confused::eek: Where's her right leg? What about our surviving UID? What's the story of her amputations? Professional medical procedure done? Accident? Healed properly or evidence self-/home-care? Visually, I see no similarities but still, I couldn't bring myself to leave her off of the list of potentials. :oops: Also, perhaps seeing her listed here will help match her to one of the gruesome cases of legs found with no body. o_O:mad:

Here are a few possibilities. I don't feel overly certain about any of them. However, each case has a little something that leaves open the possibility of a match. I've highlighted that info in green.

No photo. No exclusions.
Missing Person / NamUs #MP43216
Tannisha Marie Edison
Date of Last Contact. January 1, 2015
Missing From. Detroit, Michigan
Missing Age. 39 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs
Hair Black (UID - Graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Pierced ears

Circumstances of Disappearance - Last seen in Detroit in 2015
# Given she's a local with a matching physical decription, has she been compared? Was her hair graying? Would her family, friends, or LE have investigated this potential when the surviving UID's case was publicized locally? It was publicized beyond that little FB post, right?

No photo. No exclusions.
NamUs #MP52033
Katrina Lynn Johnson
Date of Last Contact. November 13, 2011
Missing From. Tampa, Florida
Missing Age. 36 Years
Height 5' 5" (65 Inches) (1" shorter than estimated)
Weight 135 - 145 lbs (about 5 pounds lighter than estimated)
Hair Brown (UID - graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Circumstances of Disappearance - Her lease was up and she was going to move.
# Did she move to Detroit? I doubt it. It's unlikely this is Katrina but beyond the large distance between the locations, her physical stats and the last name "Johnson" keep her on my potential list.

Original
Original

No exclusions.
NamUs #MP60951 SHEQUENIA D BURNETT
Date of Last Contact. January 9, 2014
Missing From. NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas
Missing Age 36 Years

Height. 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight. 149 lbs
Hair Black (UID - graying black hair)
Eyes Brown
Distinctive Physical Features - Artificial body part/aid - subject's left leg was recovered
Circumstances of Disappearance -
The subject was last seen on 01/09/2014 in North Little Rock, AR. On 12/05/2015 the subject's leg was discovered floating in the Arkansas River near Little Rock, AR.
# I highly doubt this is Shequenia but I couldn't get beyond the fact that her left leg was found in a river. :confused::eek: Where's her right leg? What about our surviving UID? What's the story of her amputations? Professional medical procedure done? Accident? Healed properly or evidence self-/home-care? Visually, I see no similarities but still, I couldn't bring myself to leave her off of the list of potentials. :oops: Also, perhaps seeing her listed here will help match her to one of the gruesome cases of legs found with no body. o_O:mad:

What's the most frustrating is that for all these MPs, I found neither a Charley Project page, nor any DN page.
And nothing else besides NamUs.

ETA: on the top of that, apart the NamUs result, Google turns empty. Sheesh!

Which doesn't help!

Last edited:
Thinking out loud.
"Double amputee" can be of many causes, so without more background info, I won't dig into speculating of it. However, antipsychotics and mood stabilizers, along with first generation antidepressants, do induce metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
One of diabetes complications is sensitivity loss to feet, causing gangrene, therefore amputation. So, such double amputation can be caused by diabetes.
We can't disregard elements like "bipolar disorder", "unspecified medical condition", "mental disability"...

I also remember the Latulipp's case in Ontario. He went missing for 30 years before remembering his identity: https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3445455
Kitchener man lost and found nearly 30 years later | The Star
I know that the cases are not the same.
But in order to match our JD, who is a living lady, I'd disregard the age went missing and focus on current age.
I know that Latulip case is very rare, but with a living JD in a group home, with the sparse info she could remember, I think that she may have been missing years, even decades ago.
Even if she went missing more recently, we can not discount a long term missing person.
Latulip lived in a group home, under an assumed ID after he lost all memory from brain injury after a fall.

In my experience with living with congenital brain injury, I can say that the sparse information she gave are more likely than not accurate. But with so sparse info, matching her is a Herculean task!
So, discounting her info will more likely than not hamper finding her true identity.

My issue is that the possible names she gives are so widespread that it's finding a needle in a haystack!

I think that the case is solvable as long as we keep in mind:
- She can be a long term missing person, so "age went missing" is not very relevant with a living Doe
- The info she gave in the FB page are more likely than not accurate, or very similar. But what she remembers is not specific enough for finding a perfect, clear-cut match.
View attachment 216689This was posted on the Missing in Michigan Facebook page. It has a little more information about possible family.
- She can have been missing healthy, then she got an accident causing brain injury erasing all memory but sparse elements. AFAIK, she probably had a preexisting brain disability (neurological or psychiatric or both, it's not the crucial point for the sake of ID)

Potential match: Jessie Barnes – The Charley Project
Jessie Barnes

1) Mental disability, not remembering names or numbers very well

2) Age is within estimated, height too, weight on target.

My cons are:
1) She was having a young daughter at the time she went missing, which is not consistant of "son, David, California".
She does not remember names and numbers very well, but I can't discount the fact that she would not remember if she had a son or a daughter.
That's what bothers me most.

2) Lived in Mississipi and not in Michigan. However, her FB photo info said that she thinks she grew up at Detroit, not necessarily that she lived there as an adult.

3) Name of husband doesn't coincide at all. It bothers me to an extent, but can be accounted to her disability.

4) Amputation could had taken place years later.

All in all, I'm far from being confident with this possible match.

Thoughts?

Better possible match: Kierra Westine Barnett – The Charley Project
Kierra Westine Barnett

1) Age is a little younger than estimated, height and weight on target

2) Leaving behind a young son in 2006, so son is at least a teenager, young adult now.

3) History of mental illness and substance abuse, which is compatible with her current living circumstances.

4) Facial features are compatible even accounting with ageing, and graying hair at 34yo is not out of the realm of possibilities especially accounting with her history of substance abuse.

But she did not go missing from any place given from the FB screenshot.

Any opinion?

Ok, before jumping for finding matches, I would had been better inquiring more about the facility itself.

However, I had bad luck with the Michigan official website about adults facilities, doesn't download properly.

Hope it'll work on my computer as soon as it's updated

Ok, on the official Michigan licensing site Statewide Search For Adult Foster Care / Homes for the Aged Facilities

I found that Beyond Boundaries facility has a maximum capacity for 6 beds, and serves people with mental illness, developmental disability and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).

So, we have to focus on searching matches with these three categories, although I suspect that the amnesia + double amputation is from a serious accident.

But everything is possible. Sight!

Another match I'm not the most confident about: Brynisha Nichelle Allen – The Charley Project
Brynisha Nichelle Allen

Chronological age is way too youg but on her photos, especially the one from her mugshot, she looks much older than her stated age.
The facial piercings are absent on the JD photo and tatoos description in MP is absent no matter where I look (MSM....).

However, the mental disability, her history arrest and the need for medication works.
Also, I see a resemblence with JD and MP noses.

Worth submitting?

Dr. Cherryl Lamont Pearson is from my hometown. I’ve wondered if she could be a match for China. I figured it was too far fetched to submit, but what do y’all think?
  • Missing Since01/05/2002
  • Missing FromBartlett, Tennessee
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceBlack
  • Date of Birth08/21/1964 (55)
  • Age37 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6 - 5'7, 160 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsPearson suffers from type one diabetes and requires insulin for it. She left her insulin pump and other diabetic supplies behind.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Pearson has a long, dark-colored birthmark on the side of her face. She has a small sixth finger on each hand. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Pearson was last seen at by friends at approximately 1:00 a.m. on January 5, 2002. She had attended a Memphis Grizzlies game at the Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee and went to her residence afterwards, where she entertained some female friends.

She was supposed to go to her sister's home to babysit her children later on the day of January 5, but never showed up. Pearson's daughter said she had complained of feeling weak and lightheaded at the Grizzlies game.

hone records show Pearson received a five-second phone call at her residence after 1:00 a.m. The call was placed by an unknown individual at a nearby phone booth. No one saw her leave her home. She has never been heard from again.

Pearson's car, a dark blue 2001 Audi, was located at an apartment complex off Egypt-Central on January 7, two days after she was last seen. The location is two miles from her home in the 6400 block of Daybreak Street.

There were no signs of violence in or around the Audi, but the vehicle had been wiped clean of fingerprints. Pearson's medical bag was in the trunk, along with her keys and an envelope of cash.

At home, she left behind her her insulin pump and other supplies she needed to control her diabetes. She also left her pager behind, although she is a pediatrician and was on call the weekend of her disappearance.

Pearson's sister was listed as the beneficiary for her life insurance policy. Her sister's husband has a criminal record and was out on bail awaiting trial for bank robbery when Pearson disappeared. Authorities considered him a possible suspect and interviewed him, but he had an alibi and there was no evidence to tie him to his sister-in-law's disappearance. He was later convicted of the bank robbery and imprisoned.

Pearson is a graduate of Jackson Central Merry High School, the University of Tennessee, and Meharry Medical College. She moved to the Memphis area in the late 1990s, and at the time of her disappearance she lived on Daybreak Drive in Bartlett, Tennessee. Her loved ones describe her as a family-oriented person who would not disappear voluntarily without warning.

Pearson was declared legally dead in 2009, the same year her father died. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

Attachments

• B81E9F9F-60F0-44D9-B061-9C4E1AF7FEAC.jpeg
    B81E9F9F-60F0-44D9-B061-9C4E1AF7FEAC.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 40
What's the most frustrating is that for all these MPs, I found neither a Charley Project page, nor any DN page.
And nothing else besides NamUs.

ETA: on the top of that, apart the NamUs result, Google turns empty. Sheesh!

Which doesn't help!

@Giuc0 Ty. You've been busy here! :D I'll try to catch up with replies. First, yes, I agree on the frustrating lack of info on each of these cases. Unfortunately, the odds are our JD probably still hasn't been reported or advertised as a MP. :( There are so many unknown cases and of the known, too many of their profiles don't give enough detail to set them apart from one another. As a society we need to do better than this. MOO

But in order to match our JD, who is a living lady, I'd disregard the age went missing and focus on current age.
I know that Latulip case is very rare, but with a living JD in a group home, with the sparse info she could remember, I think that she may have been missing years, even decades ago.
Even if she went missing more recently, we can not discount a long term missing person.
I absolutely agree. I searched profiles starting 5 years from her 2018 "date found" which I take to mean dated reported as unidentified. At that point I focused on the MPs' features and circumstances more than I did their age. Having said that though, my guess from looking at her is that she probably is within the estimated age range of 40-60.

#
My issue is that the possible names she gives are so widespread that it's finding a needle in a haystack!

Yeah, but this needle is a bigger than our usual haystack needle hunts. Its like a quilting needle compared to a small straight pin. Lol At least we have a few names to compare. ;)

#
Ty for this summary!
I think that the case is solvable as long as we keep in mind:
- She can be a long term missing person, so "age went missing" is not very relevant with a living Doe
- The info she gave in the FB page are more likely than not accurate, or very similar. But what she remembers is not specific enough for finding a perfect, clear-cut match.
- She can have been missing healthy, then she got an accident causing brain injury erasing all memory but sparse elements. AFAIK, she probably had a preexisting brain disability (neurological or psychiatric or both, it's not the crucial point for the sake of ID)

Ok, before jumping for finding matches, I would had been better inquiring more about the facility itself.

However, I had bad luck with the Michigan official website about adults facilities, doesn't download properly.

Hope it'll work on my computer as soon as it's updated

Ok, on the official Michigan licensing site Statewide Search For Adult Foster Care / Homes for the Aged Facilities

I found that Beyond Boundaries facility has a maximum capacity for 6 beds, and serves people with mental illness, developmental disability and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).

So, we have to focus on searching matches with these three categories, although I suspect that the amnesia + double amputation is from a serious accident.

But everything is possible. Sight!
This is good info. Ty for sharing. That's a really small facility with only 6 beds! I wonder why JD's story hasn't gone mainstream? Someone must know and want this woman. I wonder if anyone ever thought to let her look through MP profiles. Maybe a picture or detail will provoke a memory. I have no clue about available research on how effective and reliable that would be but it seems a logical thing to do while waiting. Privacy laws prohibit us from knowing what her afflictions are but even if we did we still can't know if these ailments happened before or after her date missing prior to arriving at the facility in 2018. It's a hard case for sure!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back