Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that she used a bat or something similar to bludgeon him. Whatever the weapon, I do think she caused significant trauma to his head.

Imo

I agree with you, @MsBetsy . I chose the bat because apparently it would have been close at hand because that was a reason she was going to Play It Again, to trade in equipment. Also, I think she might have followed the Frazee case, since it was in the region. Whatever the weapon, it was brutal and made my stomach lurch to see the blood pattern so concentrated in one area.

Moo, Moo

I think she stewed over having to call off work (orientation) due to Gannon not able to go to school. She was googling stuff early early that morning and it looked like she wanted to go but found that under 12 is a no no by law to leave at home alone.

ETA: Or may be she really didn't want to go to work but googled that to show Al. But she definitely was googling that topic.

You're correct.
In addition, the photos in the AA reflect a different set of sheets and what appears to be a new pillow.
Anyone looking closely can see that.
I can hardly see the pictures, maybe because I'm using a phone, but it looks like a striped or zig zag pattern.
I can't tell the difference between blankets, though. Are there better pictures than in the first copy of the affidavit that was linked? I thought someone mentioned there were clearer pictures somewhere.

New thread and I still have several pages of the last one to read.:rolleyes:

I'm particularly bothered by the bed being away from the wall Monday morning, presumably before his murder.

Think this through with me... The bed was moved to clean up something... smoke damage? Candle wax? Vomit? Feces?

I think this cleaning event was:

1. Done late Sunday night

2. Not to clean up blood from his murder, but possibly blood from some other injury (and possibly not blood at all, but one of the options mentioned above).

The bed was left pulled away from the wall overnight so the area could dry.

The bed was still pulled out from the wall at the (later) time of his murder and this is part of the reason so much blood was found lower than the bed.

I think we are looking at two separate events of the same area being cleaned.

from the AA:
"#55. Another photo was recovered from Letecia's cell phone that shows his bed was not pushed directly against the wall by the head of the bed. This photo articulates the ability for blood to get onto the walls and floor in the corner of the bedroom. Mr. Stauch stated the positioning of the bed is unusual, and the bed is usually pushed against the wall. "

She made those comments about living the American dream during the phone call that DWAP released ( where LS is on the phone with anonymous girl). I only remember that because I just listened to part of it.

Oops! You are right... it is too late to go back and correct my post where I said it was the Crime Online interview. Sorry, all! :oops:

I think she stewed over having to call off work (orientation) due to Gannon not able to go to school. She was googling stuff early early that morning and it looked like she wanted to go but found that under 12 is a no no by law to leave at home alone.

ETA: Or may be she really didn't want to go to work but googled that to show Al. But she definitely was googling that topic.

Colorado doesn't have an age to be left home alone but a recommendation. Age 12 is a generally accepted guideline, but many factors have to be considered. Ultimately, it is up to the discretion of the parents. Edited: to add I live in Colorado and mom of 3 boys, so yes i researched when they were a little younger, they are now 15, 12, 9...

Also, wasn't she fired the Friday prior to the Monday when she decided to take his life? I could have my days of the week confused.

Marking my spot.

One of the bigger puzzles for me is that it looked like he never emerged from that truck.
I'm guessing video security cams from someone else's home caught him leaving the truck and LE are keeping it hidden until the trial ?
They're probably making sure this is the end of the line for the perp and she's going nowhere !
I don't know what my feeling are on this.

This affidavit was written with a no body found principle behind it.

They had not found the suitcase in Florida.

The AA assumes two projections:

1. The assumption is that animals carried him away or parts of his body away.
2. The other assumption is that they had to come home together for the murder to have taken place and the 25-minute allotment they prescribe.

I say assume because:

# 32 states that Jessica. "The vehicle returned at or about 2:19 and Leticia exited the vehicle. After viewing the video, I cannot be sure if another person exited the vehicle or not, but I submit Gannon likely did return home with Leticia that afternoon."

They were but I think @reasonandlight suggested she changed sheets and pillows twice to cover up the murder. That post is on last thread. I tend to agree.

This was all premeditated so it wasn’t just a rage killing. She surely had rage but she also had a hatred for Gannon and I feel she planned this too as a way to see AS and LH suffer.

Hoping she gets life stacked with about three hundred years. Just to make a point. She has a lot of charges now. 14 I think.
I was responding to the OP that suggested LE didn't mention a change of bedding or sheets and that Al didn't notice that they were changed.

I don't know if she changed them twice or why she would do that. I thought she had changed them only once, after the murder.

I don't know if she purchased a new bedspread or just happened to have another one lying around that was similar.

Imo

I can hardly see the pictures, maybe because I'm using a phone, but it looks like a striped or zig zag pattern.
I can't tell the difference between blankets, though. Are there better pictures than in the first copy of the affidavit that was linked? I thought someone mentioned there were clearer pictures somewhere.
I have not seen any clearer pictures anywhere. The ones included in the AA on the court site, are terrible quality and impossible to really make out anything.

Last edited:
bbm
Afaik, the only photos are the AA's which are unfortunately b&w and not the greatest quality.

The photos show a different pattern of stripes in the second photo taken by LE later.
Thinner in the photo taken by TS and and thicker stripes in the second frames.
I'm thinking she was in a hurry (She was feeling "high"and maybe had surplus energy-- horrid to think about-- after the murder.), and neglected to see that the newer bedding didn't resemble the old bedding.
I think it was after the 911 call but could've been after the search warrant and the subsequent house search.

I believe this was discussed elsewhere in the previous thread (?) and I can bring a few posts here later.

AA, Page 4, #27---She told Al, "I'm just going to give them an excuse at work and stay home with him."

Did I miss it or was this a part of her lies? Where in the heck did she work? Or had she been fired by then?
Yeah, I thought that she was notified on Friday before the murder. The affidavit also states that she was an assistant teacher so I'm not sure what that means, either. I've heard of teacher's assistant, teachers aide , or consultant teacher, (special ed) but not "assistant teacher."

Imo

I was responding to the OP that suggested LE didn't mention a change of bedding or sheets and that Al didn't notice that they were changed.

I don't know if she changed them twice or why she would do that. I thought she had changed them only once, after the murder.

I don't know if she purchased a new bedspread or just happened to have another one lying around that was similar.

Imo
bbm
Yes, about that.
I think the OP was just suggesting their alternate theory ; about TS changing the sheets/pillow/pillowcase. ;)

This would be a no-brainer even to someone as careless as the perp, as there was evidence of a clean up.
Sloppily executed, and that's a good thing as quite a lot of blood evidence was left behind.
Someone in a frantic hurry, and the timeline doesn't leave her much room to thoroughly mask the evidence !

Yeah, I thought that she was notified on Friday before the murder. The affidavit also states that she was an assistant teacher so I'm not sure what that means, either. I've heard of teacher's assistant, teachers aide , or consultant teacher, (special ed) but not "assistant teacher."

Imo

I may be mis-remembering, but I thought the job she "lost" was one that she didn't actually have yet. I thought it was a job offer or a position she was being considered for, but they rescinded the offer after finding discrepancies in her resume/history or something.

She made those comments about living the American dream during the phone call that DWAP released ( where LS is on the phone with anonymous girl). I only remember that because I just listened to part of it.

2/16/20 interview LS and Indiana woman that had contact with LS on fb before the phone call.

Transcribed relevant portion of call:

Tee: Right. The American dream, you know? Good jobs. We made over $180,000 together. We had a nice home. We had anything you could’ve wanted and our children were safe. Like somebody don’t just wake up and be like: I’m throwing this *advertiser censored* out the door today.

That’s not how it works for a normal person.

There was no like this jealousy and leaving people. There was none of that. There was never any time that Landen was trying to get my husband back or I was trying to bother Landen’s husband. There was none of that.

I have not seen any clearer pictures anywhere. The ones included in the AA on the court site, are terrible quality and impossible to really make out anything.
Ita.
Not that great but better than nothing.

The blood that the perp tried to clean up makes it obvious there had to be blood on his sheets/pillow and of course she'd replace them.
A stupid perp for sure -- but cunning, and used to covering her lies.
I feel for the investigators having to sift through her double-speak and outright fabrications.
Wonder where she learned that ?
Also she seems to hate all LE and will lie about them as well.
("Threatening her and her daughter --to shoot them" ??? Just more lies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288