Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we're able to put this horrific global health crisis behind us, what societal changes do you think will remain? I can't imagine that people will practice 6' social distancing for the long term, but maybe handshaking and/or hugging, back-slapping, etc. will fade from everyday life. I think people will be more conscious about frequent handwashing and keeping hands away from face, and I suspect that many will keep hand sanitizer in their homes, cars, purses, etc. all the time and use it frequently. I plan to keep a surgical mask and gloves in my purse and car and will use them if/when necessary.

It's probably too soon to say "never again" to flying or cruising, but I told DH that I had no desire to do either for a very long time. We have long talked about a Mediterranean cruise for our 50th anniversary in June, 2021, but we might be rethinking that entry on our bucket list. I told DH that I'd be happy to spend several days on magical Mackinac Island to celebrate our golden anniversary :)

What changes do you see yourself and/or your family making once we jump the COVID-19 hurdle? Are there new habits you've established that you will continue beyond the coronavirus crisis?

Last edited:
I don't really think that I will make any changes, after all, this pandemic didn't really change our life much at all. I always have been a clean freak. We don't go out much, or see anyone.

But, I have noticed our cat, normally sort of a stand alone creature. She has been extremely affectionate lately. Wanting more attention, and being excessively demonstrative in her affection.

Has anyone else noticed a change in their pet's behavior?

I don't really think that I will make any changes, after all, this pandemic didn't really change our life much at all. I always have been a clean freak. We don't go out much, or see anyone.

But, I have noticed our cat, normally sort of a stand alone creature. She has been extremely affectionate lately. Wanting more attention, and being excessively demonstrative in her affection.

Our dogs got in to it this morning. No one is getting any alone time, including them.

Anyone else finding this new lifestyle exhausting? Every trip out of the house is like a "military operation". Then, the decontamination process, wiping everything down.

Cleaning the house. I am beat.
Yes. I am mentally and physically exhausted. I go to bed wondering what the h*ll will happen tomorrow.

Funny you should mention that. My cat is doing the same thing.

I think if I make any major changes it will be to go ahead and pull the plug on my retirement. It’s early, but I’ve worked in an office for 30 plus years and I’m just tired of other people’s bull. The part two weeks working at home has opened my eyes to how dysfunctional my workplace is. I just want to stay home, putter around the house and yard and cook.

Funny you should mention that. My cat is doing the same thing.

I think if I make any major changes it will be to go ahead and pull the plug on my retirement. It’s early, but I’ve worked in an office for 30 plus years and I’m just tired of other people’s bull. The part two weeks working at home has opened my eyes to how dysfunctional my workplace is. I just want to stay home, putter around the house and yard and cook.
This is exactly the same as my situation and my current thoughts on it.

We canceled a cruise in May that I will probably not ever reschedule.

When we sailed on Sky Princess in January, we didn't book another cruise but made a $100 per person future cruise deposit. Good for up to two years and can be cancelled at any time without penalty. I won't say "never", but for now I have no desire to fly or board a ship.

When we're able to put this horrific global health crisis behind us, what societal changes do you think will remain? I can't imagine that people will practice 6' social distancing for the long term, but maybe handshaking and/or hugging, back-slapping, etc. will fade from everyday life. I think people will be more conscious about frequent handwashing and keeping hands away from face, and I suspect that many will keep hand sanitizer in their homes, cars, purses, etc. all the time and use it frequently. I plan to keep a surgical mask and gloves in my purse and car and will use them if/when necessary.

It's probably too soon to say "never again" to flying or cruising, but I told DH that I had no desire to do either for a very long time. We have long talked about a Mediterranean cruise for our 50th anniversary in June, 2021, but we might be rethinking that entry on our bucket list. I told DH that I'd be happy to spend several days on magical Mackinac Island to celebrate our golden anniversary :)

What changes do you see yourself and/or your family making once we jump the COVID-19 hurdle? Are there new habits you've established that you will continue beyond the coronavirus crisis?
This says it all for us. It’s a keeper for sure and I know I can speak for my whole family.
upload_2020-4-6_9-24-59.jpeg

Last edited:

Ours are going the opposite. With everyone home during the day, our cats kinda just want to be left alone. And our dogs - they are as frisky as can be. More of us to run around the yard with them, play catch, throw the frisbee. Even our old Siberian Husky is jumping around gallivanting like a puppy.
upload_2020-4-6_9-37-37.jpeg

I need to spend today catching up here. I dropped into depression the day before yesterday. Like a rock! I cried a lot. I climbed a little way up yesterday but still falling. Highs and lows.
I posted the below song of one of my hippie heroes in a new thread I saw this morning. Just seeing the new thread already has brightened my morning. I ❤️ U Willie. Nice job raising your family. Watch his pride as he swallows the lumps in his throat.
You touched me with your words. The song Willie's boy sang and his other boy played, touched my soul. And what a beautiful song.
Willie tried to sing and play but his emotion would not let him. Beatiful.

I am gonna reply separately to the Billy Strings and Marcus King song. Ain't they something?

Still a grandma,
You are awesome!
Earlier in your post about Willie, I swear I saw another song underneath the Lucas Nelson song.
It was Summertime by Billy Strings and Marcus King I'm posting it here because those guys are a two of the guys to "Fill Their Shoes".

Ours are going the opposite. With everyone home during the day, our cats kinda just want to be left alone. And our dogs - they are as frisky as can be. More of us to run around the yard with them, play catch, throw the frisbee. Even our old Siberian Husky is jumping around gallivanting like a puppy.
View attachment 242080
Love the message in the attachment.

Wanted to tell you, that I replied two more times to your Willie post.
But looking back I was replying to my self, dingbat that I am.
Please look back and see my replies to me. They were meant for you.
Peace and Love

Oh you lucky you! If I had ten wishes before I die - One of them would be to smoke a joint with Willie.
We saw Willie during one of his Outlaw Music Summer Festival, when he came to Philly to an outdoor venue, along with Alison Krauss and Bonnie Raitt. It was beyond fantastic, though his pipes are getting a bit rusty. The women were amazing as well. DH has always been a fan of Willie.

Sad to tell you, he says he has sworn off smoking pot...according to what he mentioned there, and also just this past Friday when he was a video guest on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Either I need to start a ponytail for my husband, sort of like "Willie Nelson", or I am going to learn how to cut his hair this week.

I will give him a choice.
Ponytail, ponytail, ponytail.
That's me chanting my vote. Not that I get one but you know...
When in doubt put it in a ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members