Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus Florida: The dilemma of gated communities — reveal the identities of those with positive tests?

I can understand this, but I also find it very disturbing. COVID19 is the new "Scarlet Letter".

Will they paint the door with a red "C"? Make people wear a golf shirt with a red letter?

I find it somewhat disturbing that the identities of people could be released. I can completely understand letting the residents know that there is a positive case in their community. Isn't it better to just assume that everyone is a potential carrier?

When I was a child, hepatitis went through the school and my 7 yr old brother tested positive. The Public Health Nurse came to our home to show us how to keep everything sterile and clean, and she posted a quarantine notice on the front door. I don't remember there being any shame in that. Instead, it served the purpose of keeping people away. But times have changed and we have an expectation of privacy these days.

That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen. JMO

Plus they couldn’t even get the acronym correct. It’s HIPAA.... not HIPPA.
These HOAs have a lot of power in Florida - this will be a very interesting fight in the courts (if they can even get a hearing date) if someone refuses to let the HOA release their name if they are positive - IMO

These HOAs have a lot of power in Florida - this will be a very interesting fight in the courts (if they can even get a hearing date) if someone refuses to let the HOA release their name if they are positive - IMO
If everyone is under a stay home order, I don’t see the point of sharing with anyone, other than the Health Dept. They’ll monitor you, track where you’ve been and if necessary, have you test. The Health Dept can notify anyone who was exposed, again only if necessary, without giving a name. You may never know where you caught it from.

Your point person can drop off meals and talk to you by phone to gauge your progress. They can call for a welfare check, an ambulance, contact the Health Dept, etc.

There was never a good reason, in my opinion, for anyone from an HOA to know. They need to sit down and shut up before some resident empties their coffers in court.

If everyone is under a stay home order, I don’t see the point of sharing with anyone, other than the Health Dept. They’ll monitor you, track where you’ve been and if necessary, have you test. The Health Dept can notify anyone who was exposed, again only if necessary, without giving a name. You may never know where you caught it from.

Your point person can drop off meals and talk to you by phone to gauge your progress. They can call for a welfare check, an ambulance, contact the Health Dept, etc.

There was never a good reason, in my opinion, for anyone from an HOA to know. They need to sit down and shut up before some resident empties their coffers in court.
Yep someone needs to teach these HOAs a lesson IMO

Earlier date predicted for Florida’s coronavirus peak

Hmm, they have changed the "peak" date for Florida now. I wonder if they read my posts here?!
Now the date is April 21.

On that day, Florida is projected to see a median of 242 deaths and need more than 2,000 ventilators and about 2,500 ICU beds, which is about 800 short of what is currently available, the data says. The range for number of deaths on April 21 is between 88 and 569.

Now the date is April 21.

On that day, Florida is projected to see a median of 242 deaths and need more than 2,000 ventilators and about 2,500 ICU beds, which is about 800 short of what is currently available, the data says. The range for number of deaths on April 21 is between 88 and 569.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241800591.html

They have parked refrigerator trucks at the Miami VA hospital.

Anyone familiar with the Miami VA? Government at its best. They build a huge hospital in downtown Miami, without a parking garage.

Anyway, it looks like they are getting prepared.

Other news in Miami:
1. They have printed paper applications for filing unemployment. They can be picked up at the library. What a disaster. People may wait weeks for a check.
2. Dade county has ordered 500,000 MRE's to distribute to people. (Meals Ready to Eat).

Florida coronavirus update for Tuesday: State toll surges past 250, model projects close to 6,800 in June

The state death toll stood at 71 a week ago, and now stands at 254, and one test model projects the state to endure between 3,600 and 11,200 deaths by June 19.

Florida government and medical leaders say they are preparing for far worse conditions than we’ve seen so far, prompting them to create bed space in hospitals, recruit more medical staff, create field hospitals and stockpile ventilators.

More @ link
Stay Safe

Investigative Journalism
USA today
Thoughts?

Coronavirus testing gap in Florida may widen by income
This is ridiculous. What is the sense of trying to keep track of this then for false results?

Michelle Anglin said both doctors told her that if they performed a COVID-19 test, they would have to report the results to the authorities.

“They make it impossible to get tested here,” she said. “They wouldn’t take it seriously. Everyone was more concerned about calling the CDC.”
Perhaps nowhere is the ability to test patients and identify those carrying the virus more critical than Florida, where state officials delayed aggressive social distancing efforts and one in five residents is 65 or older, putting them at higher risk from the virus.

I find it somewhat disturbing that the identities of people could be released. I can completely understand letting the residents know that there is a positive case in their community. Isn't it better to just assume that everyone is a potential carrier?

When I was a child, hepatitis went through the school and my 7 yr old brother tested positive. The Public Health Nurse came to our home to show us how to keep everything sterile and clean, and she posted a quarantine notice on the front door. I don't remember there being any shame in that. Instead, it served the purpose of keeping people away. But times have changed and we have an expectation of privacy these days.

What if you have been inside the house for 4 weeks - only time outside has been on your fenced back porch for an hour each day. Food was brought in at the beginning of the four weeks and two food deliveries to the house. Everything wiped down. No one has visited you. You have not moved the car from the garage.

Is this person a potential carrier? Perhaps assumed to have had a mild case and recovered? Or not yet exposed? So many things to think about - no wonder I wake up with a headache.

This person is my elderly aunt that we are attempting to help care for - from out of state.

I’m guessing they would contact immediate neighbors?
IDK

@BUF
Much Appreciated
Yes please keep posting updates.
Thank you so much.
All of you!!!
Stay safe
Do your best
Here till the end on this FL Thread

Glad to see you all here.
Peace be with us all.

What if you have been inside the house for 4 weeks - only time outside has been on your fenced back porch for an hour each day. Food was brought in at the beginning of the four weeks and two food deliveries to the house. Everything wiped down. No one has visited you. You have not moved the car from the garage.

Is this person a potential carrier? Perhaps assumed to have had a mild case and recovered? Or not yet exposed? So many things to think about - no wonder I wake up with a headache.

This person is my elderly aunt that we are attempting to help care for - from out of state.

I’m guessing they would contact immediate neighbors?
IDK
I assume everyone is a potential carrier. Including myself. It just makes it easier.

I live in Hernando County, and we have 48 confirmed cases, 0 deaths. But we are spread out for the most part, not like living in the city. I have gone out 3 times since March 12th, just for food. Most people are staying in and there are few cars on the roads. So I think this is helping.

2018 we had around 190,000 population.

Update, I just saw that we have one death as of last night. So sorry for the family. 46 Yr old Female.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member