Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please continue discussion here.

No blatantly political posts.
Do not argue with or discuss other members.
Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts.

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 threads. If it is not your own post but you think it relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will do that for you.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

Laughing about your thermometer loss to your dog's butt. Yes, best to reserve it for the dog now. :p I have several of those mercury ones, and I can't remember which one was used as the anal thermometer. Yuck, forget that.
If you ever get a good one please let me know. :)

I have two old mercury thermometers. The oral one has a slender, longer tip, to provide more surface under the tongue. The rectal has a very short, blunt tip.

My mom used to threaten us if she needed to take our temp and we were uncooperative. She's sigh and say, 'well, then, we'll have to do it the baby way'. Instantly opened my mouth!

My 19 yo son is in the ER. He was there 2 days ago and told he had pleural effusion/water on his lung. He left NY state 2 weeks ago. He's clearly worse and struggling to breath. No one was allowed to go back in with him. A police officer was there to tell my mil the rules had now changed. Please pray for him and that he can advocate for himself while he can also barely breath. He's only 19 yo and he barely slept last night.

Well, either this worldwide lockdown will work or it is the biggest, most expensive experiment ever. Why take a chance on our health by not following the guidance? UK has already had healthcare professionals die of this virus so I don't think it is being exaggerated.

Stay safe, stay home, wash hands.

Haha, yes it is an expensive experiment. With deadly consequences no matter which course is taken. Projections show that the death toll from COVID-19 in the U.S. might even get as high as the flu season in 2018.

Attached is a plot of projected U.S. COVID deaths from the the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), an independent global health research center at the University of Washington. With "full social distancing", whatever that means, deaths will go to zero by June 1. Despite the fact that there will be no vaccine for a year, there is no proven treatment, and experts say that the cat is out of the bag and can't be contained.

There must be some extreme assumptions put into the model to show that output.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 9.06.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 9.06.25 AM.png
    126 KB · Views: 12
Drug treatment for coronavirus starts UK trials

Info about Remdesivir (Gilead) trials in UK.

"A drug that could help treat coronavirus is to be trialled on a small number of patients in England and Scotland.

The studies, which have been fast-tracked by the government, will initially involve 15 NHS centres.

In the absence of a known treatment for the virus, a handful of experimental drugs are being tested globally.

The drug, known as remdesivir, is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Gilead.

Two studies are to be carried out in the UK - one on patients with moderate symptoms, and one on those who are in a serious condition.

Trials are already underway in China and the US, with the first results expected in the coming weeks.

The UK trials will be based in England and Scotland and overseen by Dr Andrew Ustianowski, a consultant in infectious diseases."

More info at link.

My 19 yo son is in the ER. He was there 2 days ago and told he had pleural effusion/water on his lung. He left NY state 2 weeks ago. He's clearly worse and struggling to breath. No one was allowed to go back in with him. A police officer was there to tell my mil the rules had now changed. Please pray for him and that he can advocate for himself while he can also barely breath. He's only 19 yo and he barely slept last night.
I am so very sorry. I will pray for you both.

Prayers for him!

Copy and pasted as the thread closed before I could hit send.

I thought soap and water kills this virus. If it does it for our hands in 20 seconds, surely a 40 minute wash cycle would do it.

I have bad allergies and rosacea so I have to wash my bedding to kill off allergens and bacteria. Hot water and regular laundry detergent works fine.

Here's the trick though. Don't use too much soap. Too much reduces friction. It is the friction that breaks apart the pollen and bacteria. I'm going to assume that applies to viruses as well.

I don't know If this is true, but I was told a cup of white vinegar along with laundry detergent works well.

Which is why we all need log books. We need to be writing down dates and times we leave our property. Where we went, even if on a walk. We need to be able to have a 2 week log should, God forbid, we test positive. Jmo
Yes! My log starts Mar 3 and each day since then, I've recorded where I went, if anywhere, and who, if anyone, I had any proximity of contact with.

I realized this is not just to help trace my contacts in case I get ill, but also to help ME in case I'm a contact of a friend who gets ill. Example: if Bob gets sick and I talked with Bob, exactly which day did I talk with Bob? Was it before or after his contact with whoever was sick?

I live in a very small community where most of us know each other which makes it easy to record who I had contact with, but harder to keep track of which day it was. (ie I talk to Bob a lot, so was that specific contact on Wednesday or Thursday? It might matter if one of us ends up sick!)

This log takes me just a few seconds per day, definitely worth doing!

So very sorry Beatrix. Hopefully your son will feel better very soon.

Keep us posted. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Yes! My log starts Mar 3 and each day since then, I've recorded where I went, if anywhere, and who, if anyone, I had any proximity of contact with.

I realized this is not just to help trace my contacts in case I get ill, but also to help ME in case I'm a contact of a friend who gets ill. Example: if Bob gets sick and I talked with Bob, exactly which day did I talk with Bob? Was it before or after his contact with whoever was sick?

I live in a very small community where most of us know each other which makes it easy to record who I had contact with, but harder to keep track of which day it was. (ie I talk to Bob a lot, so was that specific contact on Wednesday or Thursday? It might matter if one of us ends up sick!)

This log takes me just a few seconds per day, definitely worth doing!
I have an android. I turn my location on and my phone tracks every location I go to,
How many miles I traveled and how long I was on the road.
All I have to do is go to my activity and a map pops up with everywhere I went.
My March and April History has my one trip to the butcher on April 3rd.
It shows I never left my address any other day.
(If you forget your phone at home, then obviously you won't get any data) < I do that sometimes! I usually carry it in my purse though.
For anyone interested...
Here's a link.
Moo
How to view your location history in Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics