MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

True, that inebriated people sometimes end up in the water, and I have my own theory about that.
What’s different in this case is that it was daylight when she disappeared.
The other cases of folks in the water, from what I’ve followed, have been during the dark of night.
I don’t know when the theory started that Abbie may have been inebriated, but I don’t follow.
She was cooking, baked cookies, left pizza dough rising on the stove.
And she spoke to her son and mentioned that she may go for a walk.
Surely, he would have noticed if she was so inebriated.
And, who decides to take a stroll when expecting guests and knowing one has to finish making pizza for those guests after having a few cocktails?
Let’s drink while awaiting guests to a point where I am incoherent, and, oh, why don’t I take in a nice stroll?
Nah, I don’t buy it.
MOO

I'm with you on this one. It was cold there 39 degrees was the high and overcast so no sun to feel warmer. Winds show 6 mph. It probably feels colder if the wind was coming off the water. Even if she did go for a walk I don't think she would have stayed out long. Also women living alone usually take a few more precautions like making sure they take their phone with them leaving the house even for a walk. Especially when it's cold out. I don't know if she would have locked her doors in that neighborhood to go for a short walk though. I don't think it's suicide either. She seems like she'd be a planner. I think if she was going to do that she would have left a note for her kids and even plans like a source that states what she wants for her children. Did she have a living will? Things we won't know.

I think it's foul play and why are he young kids and family and friends staying so silent on this one?

True, that inebriated people sometimes end up in the water, and I have my own theory about that.
What’s different in this case is that it was daylight when she disappeared.
The other cases of folks in the water, from what I’ve followed, have been during the dark of night.
I don’t know when the theory started that Abbie may have been inebriated, but I don’t follow.
She was cooking, baked cookies, left pizza dough rising on the stove.
And she spoke to her son and mentioned that she may go for a walk.
Surely, he would have noticed if she was so inebriated.
And, who decides to take a stroll when expecting guests and knowing one has to finish making pizza for those guests after having a few cocktails?
Let’s drink while awaiting guests to a point where I am incoherent, and, oh, why don’t I take in a nice stroll?
Nah, I don’t buy it.
MOO

I'm with you on this one. It was cold there 39 degrees was the high and overcast so no sun to feel warmer. Winds show 6 mph. It probably feels colder if the wind was coming off the water. Even if she did go for a walk I don't think she would have stayed out long. Also women living alone usually take a few more precautions like making sure they take their phone with them leaving the house even for a walk. Especially when it's cold out. I don't know if she would have locked her doors in that neighborhood to go for a short walk though. I don't think it's suicide either. She seems like she'd be a planner. I think if she was going to do that she would have left a note for her kids and even plans like a source that states what she wants for her children. Did she have a living will? Things we won't know.

I think it's foul play and why are he young kids and family and friends staying so silent on this one?

Well if it is foul play and they are all silent maybe the perp could be one of the party goers? Maybe even a relative?

<modsnip>

I feel like by this point police would have looked into her relatives' whereabouts. Her immediate family would all have been in different states. If they were lying about where they were it should have been fairly easy for LE to discern. Her two closest family members the day she disappeared were still 3-4 hours away from Gloucester by car. It's a big chunk of time to account for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything is possible and there have been some really odd and unexpected conclusions to cases before, but I also am not feeling a suicide here. Maybe if she wasn't having a party/people over and didn't already have food made/in the process of being made. If you knew you were going to end your life, why even bother start making food?

Right now, I am 50/50 between horrible accident while on a walk and foul play. I think if there was foul play, it's possible she wasn't on a walk at all. I think if her son hadn't mentioned she said she *MAY* go for a walk, we might not even be looking in that direction. I don't doubt at all that she DID say that, but it's very possible she decided against going. Maybe too cold, maybe too much left to do for the party or whatever.

With everything being left in the house (like phone, etc), I still can't get it out of my mind that maybe someone either came to the door or pulled up out front and she ran out to talk to them and then something happened. All MOO of course. But that would explain things being unfinished in the kitchen and no personal belongings gone.

Anything is possible and there have been some really odd and unexpected conclusions to cases before, but I also am not feeling a suicide here. Maybe if she wasn't having a party/people over and didn't already have food made/in the process of being made. If you knew you were going to end your life, why even bother start making food?

Right now, I am 50/50 between horrible accident while on a walk and foul play. I think if there was foul play, it's possible she wasn't on a walk at all. I think if her son hadn't mentioned she said she *MAY* go for a walk, we might not even be looking in that direction. I don't doubt at all that she DID say that, but it's very possible she decided against going. Maybe too cold, maybe too much left to do for the party or whatever.

With everything being left in the house (like phone, etc), I still can't get it out of my mind that maybe someone either came to the door or pulled up out front and she ran out to talk to them and then something happened. All MOO of course. But that would explain things being unfinished in the kitchen and no personal belongings gone.

They described her having a jacket on and boots so they must have seen she took those and thus went on a walk.

They described her having a jacket on and boots so they must have seen she took those and thus went on a walk.
I have to agree with Mntnhiker in that she either had an accident on a walk, or may not have gone on a walk at all. She may have had boots & a jacket on and gone out to talk to someone who pulled up out front. I am leaning more towards foul play, but that gut feeling doesn’t jive with the lack of urgency from LE. If a crime is suspected, why are things so quiet???

Yeah, to clarify with what I meant by personal belongings is things like her cell phone mainly and possibly wallet/keys (do we know for sure if those things were gone or at home?) Maybe I could see not bringing a wallet on a short walk, but house keys I would think you'd take or at least A key or a way back in the house. I can't imaging going for a walk and leaving the house all unlocked (meaning she would lock up, not that we know for sure if it was unlocked).

If someone pulled up in my driveway or out front, I'd throw boots on as well to run out and talk to them. A jacket as well if it was cold out. Of course, foul play on a walk could also have happened (as well as an accident), but IMO I don't want to assume she was on a walk just because she said she might go.

I’m not suggesting that Abbie went out in a boat but the thread below is a good example of the ocean being such a danger. I suspect that Maeve, like Abbie, spent a lot of time on the ocean but she was still quickly overcome by the force of the waves and tide. Very sad.

MD - Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, 40, and Gideon McKean, 8, Chesapeake Bay, 02 April 2020

Posted 4/6/20 by Joey C. of Good Morning Gloucester: "Chief Ed Conley, Gloucester Live Stream, Tuesday night 4/7/20 at 6:30 p.m." Perhaps, among other things, Chief Conley will give an update on the search for Abbie Flynn. The last time we heard from CC was 2/6/20 when he discussed the search for Abbie.
Wow! I wonder what’s up? They either found something, are releasing something new- or are trying to quell the unyielding chatter on sites like WS. I hope some new developments.

Yes, true. That's why I said "perhaps, among other things." I would think Joey C. might ask, since the last time JC and CC were together for a podcast discussing the search there was talk at the end of the podcast about getting back together again in the future for an update on Abbie. They both should know everyone here on Cape Ann is concerned and would appreciate an update. There has been complete silence.

Yes, true. That's why I said "perhaps, among other things." I would think Joey C. might ask, since the last time JC and CC were together for a podcast discussing the search there was talk at the end of the podcast about getting back together again in the future for an update on Abbie. They both should know everyone here on Cape Ann is concerned and would appreciate an update. There has been complete silence.
Couldn’t agree more!

I found the 4/7/20 lifestream with Joey C. and Chief Conley disappointing. Sadly, and understandably, the Covid-19 pandemic is foremost on everyone's mind right now. Here on Cape Ann, and everywhere. And, I guess here on Cape Ann, per the conversation, dog poop seems to be on everyone's mind as well. I was hopeful there might be an update on Abbie Flynn from Chief Conley, but there was nothing. So strange, sad, and curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back