GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

“The day before the couple was murdered, Potter confided in a friend that they had moved her adopted daughter, Miriam Potter Carre, and Sanford into an Airbnb because they weren't abiding by the rules of COVID-19 social distancing, according to the criminal complaint.

Potter, a doctor at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, had a greater risk of infection because of medications she was taking, and she was concerned about the teenagers going in and out of the house, the complaint said.

"You don’t care about me," Potter Carre allegedly told her mother as they were being moved out.“

Wisconsin couple killed execution-style by daughter's boyfriend, prosecutors say

A dedicated doctor with medical issues of her own...and the daughter and boyfriend refuse to follow rules to keep her safer as she served the community.

No words.

I have a few: spoiled brat.

I interspersed daughter's text messages (bolded) with GPS timeline

Parent's address: Rowley Ave
Air BNB address: 213 Sunny Meade Lane
Bodies located: South and west of the intersection of Arboretum Drive and North Wingra Drive

March 30, 3019
Prior to approximately 9:30 PM Larrue’s phone plots in the area of his own residence located at 614 E. Johnson Street, City of Madison.

After 9:30 PM Larrue’s phone plots multiple locations over a short period of time indicating movement in a vehicle and the direction of travel is westbound in the area of East Gorham Street. as it turns into University Avenue and then south in the area of Highland Avenue near Madison West High School located at 30 Ash Street and then in the area of Rowley Avenue.

9:48PM- Missed call from Miriam to contact “Khari Sanford”

9:50PM- Sent a text to contact “SD:” “He didn’t pick up”

From approximately 9:40 PM until 10:40 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots at multiple locations in the area approximately outlined by the roads on and west of Breese Terrace, north of Monroe Street, south of University Avenue, and east of Farley Ave indicating travel in a vehicle around the neighborhood. This include multiple driving’s-by on Rowley Avenue in the area of 2212 Rowley Avenue. The residence of Beth Potter and Robin Carre.

The times of travel past the Potter-Carre Residence is as follows: 9:43 PM (eastbound), 9:53 PM (westbound), (9:59 PM eastbound turning northbound on South Allen Street), 10:05 (eastbound).

From approximately 10:40 PM until 10:52 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots multiple points in the area of 2212 Rowley Avenue, the residence of Beth Potter and Robin Carre.

Approximately 10:53 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots additional points at locations and times indicating movement in a vehicle turning northbound on South Allen Street. and then circling back around heading southbound past Edgewood College on Edgewood Avenue.

At approximately 10:57 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots near the intersection of North Wingra Drive and Vilas Park Drive near the entrance to the Arboretum.

At approximately 11:02 PM Laurre’s phone’s GPS plots in the area of the intersection of Covall Street and Balden Street off Arboretum Drive. The most direct route between those two points is Arboretum Drive which is the road where Beth Potter and Robin Carre were located.

11:02:47PM- Sent a text to Khari Sanford: “At least bring back the car and have someone get you from here. I don’t feel safe here”.

Additional GPS Points plot on Larrue’s phone indicate circling around the area of the Arboretum in the neighborhood just south of the Arboretum between Carver Street and Martin Street along Fish Hatchery Road and North Wingra Drive with an additional GPS Plot Point on near the Wingra Drive entrance to the Arboretum at 11:06 PM

At approximately 11:12 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots points again just south of the Arboretum and indicates movement in a vehicle eastbound towards the Villager Shopping Center near the intersection of Ridgewood Way and South Park Street at 11:15 PM.

11:13:00PM- Sent a text to Khari Sanford: “Why would you put me in this position...”

At approximately 11:16 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots points eastbound along Bram Street and southbound into the neighborhood east of Sundstrom Street

11:19:14PM- Sent a text to SD: “I hear him I think tho"

11:19:18PM- Sent a text to SD: “Like I think he just pulled up”.

11:19:20PM- Sent a text to SD: “Like w someone”.

11:19:30PM- Sent a text to SD: “But yes its him”.

11:19:30PM- Sent a text to SD: “But yes its him”.

At approximately 11:20 PM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots multiple points in the area of 213 Sunny Meade Lane.

From approximately 11:20 PM to 12:00 AM on March 31, Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots multiple points in the area of 213 Sunny Meade Lane and slow movement in the nearby vicinity.

11:22:00PM- Sent a text to SD: “It’s Huncho”

11:22:07PM- Sent a text to SD: “His friend got into a situation”.

11:26:37PM- Sent a text to SD, “I wanna cry rn but I’m also in a apartment w them and it’s literally 2 and a half rooms so that is fun”.

At approximately 12:02 AM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots points indicating movement in a vehicle traveling back northbound along Sundstrom Street and westbound along Bram Street to northbound on South Park Street to eastbound on West Washington Avenue to northbound on North Broom Street to Westbound on West Johnson Street as it turns into East Johnson Street.

At approximately 12:10 AM Larrue’s phone’s GPS plots points in the area of 614 East Johnson Street and remains in that area for numerous hours.

The parents were kidnapped and carried to their deaths in their own car. Their white VW SUV is seen in this Google StreetView image sitting in front of their house.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Daughter tried to give the boyfriend an alibi.

'This was a brutal execution': Prosecutors allege pair kidnapped, shot couple in UW Arboretum

DANE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Police say Sanford admitted to a friend that he shot the couple and also told him he had heard that Potter had survived and might implicate him in the crime. The friend also told law enforcement that he overheard a conversation between Sanford and Potter Carre earlier in March in which "Miriam discussed with Khari the idea of how they could get money," the complaint says, and that Potter Carre told Sanford that her parents were rich.

Police said they used surveillance video from a number of sources and GPS data from Larrue's phone to track the movements of the alleged killers and the white Volkswagen minivan the couple had lent to their daughter, which Sanford and Larrue allegedly used to take Potter and Carre from their Near West Side Madison home.

The complaint says Potter Carre told police the day after the murders that Sanford had been with her the entire night before when her parents were allegedly taken to the Arboretum. But texts police recovered from her phone suggested Sanford was not with her that night.

A lot here..
Wisconsin Couple Was Executed by Daughter’s Boyfriend: Cops | Heavy.com

Potter said that the daughter and Sanford “literally sat in her bedroom all the time and ordered food and didn’t really communicate with Beth Potter.” The friend “thought more bad stuff was going on but Beth Potter didn’t tell her” and Potter seemed frustrated, the complaint alleges.

The detective spoke with Potter’s supervisor at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. She had previously said that the daughter and Sanford weren’t respectful to her.

The supervisor said that Potter’s medication put her at greater risk of infection and “she had a need for social distancing and that was why they moved (the daughter) and Khari to an Airbnb rather than letting them continue to reside in the family home.” She had expressed “bad feelings about Khari Sanford” and had been “acting stressed and not like herself,” the complaint alleged.

Not so fast. Does anyone know how old the daughter was when they adopted her? If she was not a baby, or adopted from overseas, who knows what kind of abuse she endured before she came to them?

I did see a photo of her sitting on the couch with her older brothers. They were all smiling. She appeared to be about 7 or 8 years old.

Not so fast. Does anyone know how old the daughter was when they adopted her? If she was not a baby, or adopted from overseas, who knows what kind of abuse she endured before she came to them?

So if it turns out she had been abused prior to the victims adopting her, then...her behavior would somehow be acceptable?

Hoping the police are planning to have a loooooong talk with her about how her bf might’ve gotten the idea that he could profit by murdering these two innocent people.

So abuse is an acceptable excuse for not caring about the fact her mother was on medications that put her at a greater risk of an infection and she asked her daughter to practice social distancing? Abuse is an acceptable excuse for ignoring her mother's request and then whining that her mother didn't care about her when they moved her and her boyfriend into an Airbnb??? Abuse has nothing to do with how she acted. I stand by my opinion: she sounds like a spoiled brat. JMO.

Last edited:
She said “that she loved her boyfriend, and she was extremely loyal to him.”

Provided an alibi. Covered up for the boyfriend, whom her parents let stay with them - and didn’t send them to his house but set them up in an Airbnb with a vehicle!
Guessing she was shocked and grief stricken when told her parents were brutally murdered. And her boyfriend unable to console her since he was in jail for the murder. JMO

The second young man arrested was probably promised money but he had the least to gain, and probably no significant emotional involvement with the victims...besides envy. He might be willing to expose the whole lead up to this crime including who else might have participated in the planning.

The part where the boyfriend discusses the crime “freely” with a friend is really troubling as are the comments on his Facebook page that find excuses for this brutality. What does that say about a common mindset of hatred, envy, and entitlement?

Last edited:
Who does this! They had no respect for human life! They had no money, poor babies, then do what other 18 year olds do, get a job and earn it. You don't "STEAL", you don't "KILL".... What was the purpose, the daughter was in the will?

I hope this link is acceptable. It includes a memorial video with several speakers - At approx 21:30 Robin Carre's brother. Very, very sad (and senseless) loss of two wonderful people.

Beth and Robin
Does anyone know how old the daughter was when they adopted her? If she was not a baby, or adopted from overseas, who knows what kind of abuse she endured before she came to them?

You can see from the memorial that Fred&enda posted that they had her from a young age and there are comments that Beth went "out of the country getting their daughter." Lots of pieces to put together from comments and pictures - not sure what TOS allows. Lots of pieces on KS' social media - def against TOS.

The story has taken such a heartbreaking turn I don't know whether I can continue to follow it. These people tried to do the right thing. They adopted a child, they allowed a young man with a troubled background to live with them (after he was kicked out of his foster home for stealing a car because he was "angry at the foster parents."). There is a court order (can't figure out how to link) requiring KS's mom to not physically harm a "KD" and another minor child - which obviously didn't fix anything as he wound up in foster care. Are some people too broken to fix?

MOO x 10 but I wonder from the coworkers' comments whether maybe the couple was trying to untangle themselves from KS while maintaining a relationship with their daughter. It is mind-boggling that it could go so tragically wrong. I can't imagine how the sons can keep having a relationship with their sister given the facts that have come out - I so hope there is a strong extended family.

ETA - regarding a will - laws in most states will not allow someone to inherit if they are complicit in killing a person(s). But the sons have may to affirmatively move to disinherit her on the basis she was "involved" - I think there is sufficient evidence of that even if she isn't charged - hopefully an executor can do this instead. Under a felony murder type argument - if daughter was complicit in any crime, she is responsible for the outcome. Also I can't see any life insurance company allowing the daughter to get a cent. What on earth was she thinking? Her life would get BETTER if she did this?

Last edited:
I can only imagine...with horror...what went through this poor woman’s mind all those hours she laid dying in a ditch beside her dead husband.

What terrible price did she pay for her own good deeds...loving this adopted daughter...taking her boyfriend from his foster home into their home...paying for those takeout meals they consumed in the daughters bedroom...only asking that they care, in turn, for HER health...as she worked with patients during the COVID-19 crisis...and now she suffers all those horrific hours, waiting to die.

I guess she represented nothing but MONEY...the love, the kindness were negated by greed. Well, the boyfriend and his friend will see none of it.

But there is an inheritance and a Go-fund-me for the children....

Last edited:
If a female is involved, hypothetically, then I hope LE and DA won't do what is done too many times, and ignore or soft-pedal their involvement. Equality under the law ought to mean just that. Equality, not what is often seen. Always with the excuses when there are not excuses that should impact charges, deals, or trials. But - I'm a dreamer, I guess.

In several articles, the assumption is that this was a “robbery gone wrong.” I’m trying to work out that scenario.

Was the plan to send in the “friend” to rob the couple?

Did they believe there was a substantial amount of cash in the house?

Was the boyfriend sitting outside in the van they loaned their daughter?

If so, why weren’t they just tied up and left alive?

If the Boyfriend came inside...why did he? Once they knew who it was...which after living in their house...they would not find it hard to do...then, he would have to escalate.

Or was an inheritance the plan from the start?

What was the plan for after the robbery? If the parents were left alive, how would the boyfriend account to the daughter(assuming her innocence) for his new found affluence?

Where did the daughter think he was during the time she was alone at the BnB?

The text from the daughter that “she wants to cry” but the two of them are in the apartment with her...if I’m remembering correctly...what does LE make of that?

The Mother was alive at this point....would not be found until hours later.

Omg...saw this coming. Can think of too many similar cases...

Me too. The Richardson family murders, among many others. I suspect that boyfriend and daughter had several points of connection regarding fostering/adoption, feelings of alienation within their families (however justified) that helped them form a powerful bond, and that this fed into something distinctly unhealthy and, in the end, fatally dangerous. Can't imagine how this must be for the other kids, friends and extended families. Horrific.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back