Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really undecided about this. No blood was found in the truck and for enough blood to soak through the carpet and mattress (I believed I read it soaked through the mattress), then I find it hard to imagine Gannon walking out to the truck. I am sure the autopsy will be very telling if the injury would have killed him quickly vs taking him much longer to die. Plus the blood on the garage floor where the hatch of the Tiguan would have been when backed in is also very telling. I can't imagine her leaving his body in the truck parked out in front of the home instead of backing the truck all the way into the garage. She backed the truck into the driveway, so why would she not back it all the way into the garage if his body was in the truck?

I'm not assuming GS returned with TS in the truck that afternoon.

In an alternative scenario to the one that LE offered in the AA, TS may have killed and dumped GS somewhere while she was out "running errands" with him for 4 hours.

JMO.

Last edited:
Has anyone else wondered if LS used the switch to strike the killing blow to Gannon? I have been wondering if she did and if Gannon got on his switch after he grounded from it and LS blew her top over it, picking it up to strike him with it.
It’s not physically possible. It would hurt, it would leave a mark, but you couldn’t kill someone with that. It weighs a little over 10 ounces.

I can't source this, but IMO, MOO, wherever I read it, I thought the aunt lived in SC.

What about "Parenting should be 4 people not one"? I tried Googling that, because it seemed so specific I too thought it "had to" be something, even if just a standup comedian; but I found zero Google searches, either text or image, saying anything of the kind.

Of course, I don't rule out TS being so stupid that it is a meme and she got it wholly wrong in her brain; but it's not any meme that I could locate.
I took it as to mean AS and her plus LH and his stepfather. Obviously in her deluced mind she believed she was the only one doing the parenting - what a wonderful job she did at it (sarcasm).

I know right? Maybe she liked having her man travel away quite often...keeps the relationship hot and heavy on the returns?

She was able to seduce AS and lure him away and get him to marry her. After that I bet the marriage went south pretty rapidly as reality set in. It'll be interesting to hear from witnesses' accounts as to their marriage over those 5 years.

I'm still freaked out over the fact that she was in the teaching system in CO. Her vocab and speech is over-the-top grotesque. That can't be a turn on for a man, or at least not a man that is willing to marry her.
BBM:

Ha. Right.

I mean, with her stunning beauty, brilliant intellect, and endearing personality, it's just so easy to see why AS fell for her.

I mean, what's not to love?

Last edited:
What the holy heck is this woman's obsession with a military man?? I love a man in uniform as much as anyone, but I'm aware of the commitment & time that being in the military involves. Being a military spouse involves support & sacrifice. If her goal was to be the center of attention, having someone around all the time to "help" and dote on her, and lots of personal time together.....what was she thinking?!?!? And she already had a military man, why look for another if she was dissatisfied? :mad::(

Someone discussed this at some point, said that some people actually seek out military spouses so they'll be takin care of financially while still having the freedom of single life, complete autonomy and so forth.

Would it be possible that it broke when she hit him with it and the broken edge severed his temporal artery causing him to bled out?
I highly doubt it, as they’re sturdy. You’d have to intentionally break it first, which would be completely pointless (why not use a knife).

They found 50 drops of blood on the walls, and that looks like a result of blunt force trauma to me. I think it’s caused by something like a baseball bat.

I highly doubt it, as they’re sturdy. You’d have to intentionally break it first, which would be completely pointless (why not use a knife).

They found 50 drops of blood on the walls, and that looks like a result of blunt force trauma to me. I think it’s caused by something like a baseball bat.

Yeah. Plus I'd think a severed artery would leave a distinct blood pattern. Spurts. Maybe
I'm wrong but it wouldn't leave "drops." JMO

Thanks for clarifying! Now I know my memory is okay...sort of. Has me wondering about additional possible rentals tho. If Spencer mentioned red Nissan, one would think he would have mentioned it was Al's. On the other hand I don't know how much attention was placed on all of the vehicles at that time. Maybe there were other's in her caravan that owned or rented a red Nissan.
I answered earlier but wanted to clarify. I was not happy with my original response as it sounded like I was saying you may have thought the Nissan was red because of the color of a car emoji. I did not want to insult your intelligence.

Spencer tweeted out Red = Nissan, Blue = Truck etc.

I thought the Nissan was red for awhile because of his tweet.

He was depicting the order of the lineup with car emojis.

Hope that makes sense and sorry everyone for taking up posting space but if someone answered me the way I answered I would be insulted and think DUH what do you think I am moron.....:);):p

BBM:

Am I the only one that gets the eeriest feeling of deja vu seeing both candles and baseball bats being mentioned in relation to this case?

Dan May must be shaking his head in disbelief.

What are the odds that the 2 most moronic murderers on the planet would both commit their crimes on his prosecutorial patch?

It's flat weird.

JMO.

BBM:

Speaking only for myself, I am not at all dismissing LE's theory of when and where GS was killed.
I'll freely admit, I was caught completely off guard when I first saw and read the affidavit and saw they thought he returned home with her and was then murdered in his bedroom.

Having now read the affidavit, it's much easier to understand what evidence led them to develop that theory.
Blood in his bedroom, no blood in the truck, blood on the rear exterior of her vehicle.
Having said that, I'm not ready to marry myself to LE's theory of the crime yet…not by a long shot.

There are several sticking points for me w/ the idea that he came back with her that afternoon and was murdered in his bedroom, including, but not limited to, the following:
  • GS's bed being repositioned/pulled away from the wall in the picture TS took on Monday morning, when his bed was usually up against the wall, points to the attack in his bedroom occurring on Sunday night, not Monday afternoon.
  • If GS weren't severely injured on Sunday night, why have him stay home from school on Monday?
  • The 4-hour drive "running errands" with him, with her phone turned off the entire time.
  • GS not being seen or heard from since Monday morning.
  • No video footage of him returning home with her that afternoon.
  • No reports of cadaver dogs hitting inside the house.
Here's what I keep coming back to, and it's no small consideration:

That affidavit was written before Gannon's body was found.

We don't know how the autopsy/ME's report changed LE's understanding of the crime, but we do know this:

The additional First Degree Murder with Deliberation charge was added only after GS's body was found.
That charge was added after LE had filed this affidavit.
There's something that the DA learned from the autopsy that led them to add that charge.

I think what they learned was that he suffered multiple injuries caused by multiple weapons, and that these injuries did not occur concomitantly.

I continue to believe it's more probable than not that TS attacked GS in his bedroom on Sunday night.

JMO.
I'm having some problems too and I agree that the autopsy may provide some clarity.

I'm not sure LS actually used three different weapons in the murder of Gannon. It just seems odd that she'd use a blunt object, a sharp object and a gun. Maybe the first two but wouldn't a gun be heard by neighbors?

Warning, graphic discussion follows!

Based on the AA there was a significant amount of blood on the mattress where Gannon's head was so that implies a blunt object. There was also blood spatter which could have been from a blunt object and a sharp object.

As most of us have learned as members here killing someone is not as easy as television implies so it could be that LS hit Gannon with an object causing him to bleed but not die. That could explain his ability to walk to the truck albeit in a staggering fashion.

My understanding is that a head injury can cause symptoms over a period of time before the victim collapses or dies. Vomiting, loss of bowels, staggering could all be related to head trauma. An Intracranial Hematoma, caused by a skull fracture during childhood or adolescence can take hours, even weeks to appear, meaning Gannon could have been injured at almost any time prior to January 27. Furthermore, other blows, say in the abdomen, can cause loss of bowel control.

So while I could see LS beating Gannon about his body and possibly using something as a blunt object and possibly stabbing him ultimately I don't see the use of a gun. Unless it was used outside of the home, maybe in the area the bloody particle board was found.

I don't know, it's all JMO. The most puzzling piece is where did LS initially put Gannon's body? Did she actually dispose of it in the Douglas County search area then move it? Did she carry it around in her car until she reached Florida?

I know we'll learn more when the case goes to trial but hopefully we'll see some amended documents before then.

Most of all, it does appear that LS expended much energy in ending Gannon's life which makes my head spin in circles. So much blood! A rational person would have stopped after the first injury even if they were in some sort of rage.

How could anyone harbor such anger/rage/resentment as to take it out on an innocent child? I want her to spend every minute for the rest of her life sequestered in a jail cell away from the rest of society.

What the did she think she would accomplish by such horrendous actions? LS, was forfeiting your life worth it?

I'm not assuming GS returned with TS in the truck that afternoon.

In an alternative scenario to the one that LE offered in the AA, TS may have killed and dumped GS somewhere while she was out "running errands" with him for 4 hours.

JMO.
So how would you explain her Tiguan backed into the garage and blood found at the spot where the where the hatch would have been, as well blood being found both on the outside and the back seat of the Tiguan but not in the truck?

I would like to see the DA add torture to her charges. Ever since I heard the terrible audio of her terrorizing him, a child, I have felt sick. It was like listening to a demon. I keep telling everyone to steel themselves, because I think there is so much worse to be revealed, and imo it will be revealed how thoroughly Gannon was failed by the people around him. MOO.

So how would you explain her Tiguan backed into the garage and blood found at the spot where the where the hatch would have been, as well blood being found both on the outside and the back seat of the Tiguan but not in the truck?

It may have been a result of TS tossing bloody evidence in the trunk of her car to hide them until she could dispose of it, e.g., blankets, towels, sheets, pillows, etc.

LE indicated they didn't find one of GS's comforters.

She managed to get rid of all of that stuff somehow before LE showed up.

It may be that's what she had stashed in her trunk.

JMO.

Serious question: what does Gray Hughes know about shadows?

I mean, no offense intended to him, but really, did he do some research? Sign up a "shadow expert"? I don't care what GH thinks about shadows any more than I care what DWAP or any other random true-crime YouTuber thinks about shadows. Put a photographer or cinematographer to work blogging on it; then I might pay attention.

IMO, JMO, MOO, etc. I certainly don't mean to offend or imply that those relying upon his discussion of shadows are somehow deficient; I just want to know what kind of proof he has.

Gray Hughes is a member here at WS. Tricia recently had him as a guest on her YouTube show (04/01/20). :)

I have watched a couple of his YouTube videos (usually because links have been posted in a thread), but don't subscribe to his channel. (I do know that LE contacted him regarding a 3D crime scene reenactment on another case I am following). I really have no opinion about him one way or another. ;)

From his biography: [RSBM]
[...] I began my artistic aspirations in 1992. I became fascinated with creating the perception of lighting and shading. My interest then turned to 3d animation programs. I attended the art institute. [...]
Videographer Portland - Digital Rain Films

I wonder if G himself could've pushed the bed away from the wall?

Theory:

TS loses her temper with GS Sunday night and strikes him. He runs from her, she follows, so he wedges himself behind his bed, hoping distance means safety. He eventually gets in his bed & falls asleep.

Monday a.m., TS knows there may be marks on GS so she can't send him to school. She takes the sleeping picture to Tee-splain to AS why he's staying home.

They spend 4 hours in the truck, with GS hurt, afraid, left alone at times, possibly hungry & thirsty, maybe no bathroom breaks; while TS is vengeful, angry & wondering how she's going to keep all this from AS. She makes sure G can't reach out to AS by "forgetting" her phone & taking his (more Tee-splaining).

They get back home. A desperate G grabs his phone from the truck & runs for his room, intending to call his dad for help. TS can't let that happen, so she chases after. G again wedges himself into the corner behind the bed where it feels safest. TS can't reach him with her hands, so she picks up whatever works...

Clean up from the fatal assault would be limited to the corner in G's room, and the bed is moved back over to help cover it. Then, for me, the rest of the events match up with the AA.

ALL just theory & opinion. I'm one of the (very?!) few who don't think this was planned days or even hours in advance.

BBM:

Am I the only one that gets the eeriest feeling of deja vu seeing both candles and baseball bats being mentioned in relation to this case?

Dan May must be shaking his head in disbelief.

What are the odds that the 2 most moronic murderers on the planet would both commit their crimes on his prosecutorial patch?

It's flat weird.

JMO.
Also, neighbor’s surveillance cameras.

Gray Hughes is a member here at WS. Tricia recently had him as a guest on her YouTube show (04/01/20). :)

I have watched a couple of his YouTube videos (usually because links have been posted in a thread), but don't subscribe to his channel. (I do know that LE contacted him regarding a 3D crime scene reenactment on another case I am following). I really have no opinion about him one way or another. ;)

From his biography: [RSBM]
[...] I began my artistic aspirations in 1992. I became fascinated with creating the perception of lighting and shading. My interest then turned to 3d animation programs. I attended the art institute. [...]
Videographer Portland - Digital Rain Films

Thank you for clarifying his qualifications. I don't "do" many YouTube videos (been through a distance degree program and discovered that it's very hard for me to keep my mind on online video, I can read much faster than I can listen), but I didn't think of looking him up outside of the webcast to see where his knowledge might come into play. :oops::)

I've finally finished a complete rereading of the AA and as I did so, I put together an almost hour by hour, day by day compilation of the facts in the document, putting the information given in chronological order, something not done in the document itself. Not sure if someone else here already did that and posted it. If so, could anyone give me a link to it as I've not been able to keep up with the fast moving threads while rereading the AA. If not, is this something everyone would find worth having me post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288