FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

I'm also wondering why she reported him missing the day after he left. If she knew he was going to Costa Rica and said he had other women, why would she automatically assume he was missing and not with his lover? That would be my first thought.

I also read an old article where she said the sun was just rising as he was leaving and she couldn't see what he was wearing but she gave a the police a description of a $1 t shirt from Kmart and jeans.

SBM and BBM

That is the million dollar question!!!

From what i've read, she also hired a psychic and a private investigator. It would be interesting to hear from them.

It would also be interesting to know who found the van... at 4am!

JMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 08.54.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 08.54.09.png
    771.7 KB · Views: 45
They owned a lot of real estate. Maybe she was referring to another property
That would make more sense! Baykal’s petition was denied fall 2002. Most surrounding properties were fully built out by then- gas stations, hotels, campground, restaurants. Especially east & west with I-4 south. So perhaps northern border? If there’s truth to Baykal’s claim you’d think media, Hollywood, or his daughters would be all over that by now. It’d be easy to search property records to see what Don might have owned adjacent to Lazy Days back then. Still could use ground-penetrating sonar or other tech to locate skeletal remains yet unfound. You’d think some Hollywood team would fund that just for the docu dollars.

I’m stuck on the “coincidence” that CB was out at 3AM the night Don disappeared to “buy milk” for the cats & just happened to run into her deputy brother? The documentary said his partner drove CB back to BCR... So how/when did she get her car back? Did her brother return the car? Was Don’s body in that car before and/or after she encountered her brother?

@JudgeJoe agree with your assessment. I’ve said this before...when talking about her brother, she distances herself from him. Why?
Maybe so people won’t wonder what we’re wondering. And to protect her brother? Her fam is def behind the scenes of her life. The docu showed her dad present at BCR & said he didn’t like Don. Perhaps family has benefited from having one wealthy member?

In Tiger King, Carole was showing off all the deceased tigers' memorial headstones. However, Tiger King pointed out there was never any type memorial for Don.
Good point- I forgot mention of that. You’d think she’d honor his memory prominently since it was 100% his $$$ that got the place going in the first place. Even if they no longer loved each other, it’s good PR- and would help quell the chatter. I think she loves the attention she gets from her “wildlife advocacy”. She presents herself as an endangered species authority- expert enough to meet with lawmakers and draft policy. I don’t think she wants to share her spotlight- or her perceived power. Jmo.

I'm trying to make a timeline of CB's relationship history then list all the inconsistencies in her stories. In the newspaper article I read last night about her being the youngest employee at a state office in WV, she was identified as Carole Jones, 16, who was a newlywed of 5 months, married to an unemployed welder. In one of her posts she says his name was Jim Jones.

I'm wondering how she got married without parental consent and a full time government job at 16 with no HS diploma.

I'm trying to make a timeline of CB's relationship history then list all the inconsistencies in her stories. In the newspaper article I read last night about her being the youngest employee at a state office in WV, she was identified as Carole Jones, 16, who was a newlywed of 5 months, married to an unemployed welder. In one of her posts she says his name was Jim Jones.

I'm wondering how she got married without parental consent and a full time government job at 16 with no HS diploma.

If that Jim Jones is the same Jim Jones she talks about in her diary, then i don't think she married him.

There was a comment asking if Jim Jones was "James Robert Jones the AWOL", but she deleted it. I think the person was referring to this James Robert Jones: Decades after escaping Fort Leavenworth, killer back in custody

@itsreenw when you finish your list post it on CB's thread too. Thank you.

JMO

Edit: fix media link
Edit2: meant thread not threat

If that Jim Jones is the same Jim Jones she talks about in her diary, then i don't think she married him.

There was a comment asking if Jim Jones was "James Robert Jones the AWOL", but she deleted it. I think the person was referring to this James Robert Jones: Decades after escaping Fort Leavenworth, killer back in custody

JMO

Wow- where’d you find that?! Her tall tales just never end. Here she says she got kicked out for having sex with boys at 14. On the TK documentary she said she was raped by 3 boys across the street & her Christian parents blamed her so she left. She says they were poor- never had much. In the newspaper clipping she displays in the video in your link, it says she was educated in private schools & her last name is listed as Jones. And oh- the part about her & Jim hanging with Creedence Clearwater Revival is a special touch. The whole time she was reading from something. I’m pretty sure she’s a compulsive liar.

JMO

Will do.

How Carole & JDL Met, v.2
Per page 12, lines 11-15 (in deposition, apparently re child custody procedure re daughter JVM, ~1986-87?), w
hen asked how Carole met JDL, she answered "...I met him through the real estate dealings I did..."
https://www.bcrwatch.com/uploads/2/6/8/1/26816874/custody_court_documents_2.pdf^ ^ the second link @itsreenw posted several hours ago. Thx for links.

^ Different from her v.1, she related in T-K series --- after her husband attacked her, she threw a potato :eek: o_O :rolleyes: ;)at him, left the house, walked along street, where JDL drove by, picked her up.

Last edited:
How Carole & JDL Met, v.2
Per page 12, lines 11-15 (in deposition, apparently re child custody procedure re daughter JVM, ~1986-87?), w
hen asked how Carole met JDL, she answered "...I met him through the real estate dealings I did..."
https://www.bcrwatch.com/uploads/2/6/8/1/26816874/custody_court_documents_2.pdf^ ^ the second link @itsreenw posted several hours ago. Thx for links.

^ Different from her v.1, she related in T-K series --- after her husband attacked her, she threw a potato :eek: o_O :rolleyes: ;)at him, left the house, walked along street, where JDL drove by, picked her up.
The potato story is more realistic. This is from the same era where she says she & Jim & a gay guy were living in a garage with no running water, so they put a hose thru a broken window to fill up a tub and bathe. The concrete block walls had holes from where Jim tried to hit her with something and missed. Maybe the hole-ridden garage was the real estate she was referring to?:D There is nothing funny about DV, but there is nothing believable that comes out of CB’s mouth. Moo...

What’s her connection to West Virginia? Is the only thing about her supposedly working in Charleston in a government office? Which office? Do we know when she lived in West Virginia? Did she grow up there? I’m curios to find out if anyone I know knew her back then. Thanks in advance!

The potato story is more realistic. This is from the same era where she says she & Jim & a gay guy were living in a garage with no running water, so they put a hose thru a broken window to fill up a tub and bathe. The concrete block walls had holes from where Jim tried to hit her with something and missed. Maybe the hole-ridden garage was the real estate she was referring to?:D There is nothing funny about DV, but there is nothing believable that comes out of CB’s mouth. Moo...
@JudgeJoe Thanks for your post w more info about Carole & her (self-reported) history. Sorry if I gave the impression that I think DomVio is funny, as I did not intend that in any way, shape, or form.
Throwing a potato at a purported abuser does not, jmo, imo, moo, strike me as a likely response. Along w some other self-contradictory stmts, it puzzled me.

@JudgeJoe Thanks for your post w more info about Carole & her (self-reported) history. Sorry if I gave the impression that I think DomVio is funny, as I did not intend that in any way, shape, or form.
Throwing a potato at a purported abuser does not, jmo, imo, moo, strike me as a likely response. Along w some other self-contradictory stmts, it puzzled me.
Oh dear! No no no- I never interpreted your post that way! Sorry if my words weren’t clear! I put that green smiley in my post because her potato throwing claims are so goofy. I was trying to clarify that I- not you- wasn’t making light of DV, potato or no potato. Just rolling my eyes at CB. I’m glad you posted though- wouldn’t want you thinking I had a prob w your post! We’re all good here!:)

Joes new husband has posted his jail address on joes fb Page and invited anyone who wants to write to him to do so. If you have questions about DL’s disappearance I’m sure he would answer them. He knew quite a bit about it and as long as the questions aren’t something that would get him further charges I’m pretty sure, as long as you word it well (stroke the ego) he will write back. JMO.
Oh heavens....if I had a PO Box I would do this just for the sheer hilarity of it.

I can see it now...picture it, Florida 2040:
Them: "Grandma, what did you do during the Great Quarantine of 2020?"
Me: "Not much. Just became pen pals with Tiger King." :p

Just joined to post in here. I saw on FB that someone said Websleuths was working with the sheriff's department?

My comment is that CB said, "the septic tank was done being built and Judy (?) had already moved in long before he went missing."

The recent article from the FL sheriff said the septic tank wasn't built until years after JDL disappeared.

So why would CB lie about that? Or are the sheriffs really that incompetent??

Everyone has their theory, and here is mine....

She supposedly gave Kenny all of JDL's guns the night before he went missing. And Kenny makes that awkward remark about JDL supposedly saying he was gonna pull off something huge. It just sounds so made up.

Anyway, I think the plan was for her to leave in the middle of the night to get milk so Kenny could slip in and kill him with one of JDL's own guns. The car breaking down story was to buy plenty of time for Kenny. And she planned it ahead of time with her brother, because what better alibi than a cop?? And the brother had his partner take her home to make it look even more natural.

I don't think she fed him to the tigers. I think Kenny got rid of the body somewhere. 40 acres of swamp land makes that incredibly easy. JMO.

Just joined to post in here. I saw on FB that someone said Websleuths was working with the sheriff's department?

My comment is that CB said, "the septic tank was done being built and Judy (?) had already moved in long before he went missing."

The recent article from the FL sheriff said the septic tank wasn't built until years after JDL disappeared.

So why would CB lie about that? Or are the sheriffs really that incompetent??

Everyone has their theory, and here is mine....

She supposedly gave Kenny all of JDL's guns the night before he went missing. And Kenny makes that awkward remark about JDL supposedly saying he was gonna pull off something huge. It just sounds so made up.

Anyway, I think the plan was for her to leave in the middle of the night to get milk so Kenny could slip in and kill him with one of JDL's own guns. The car breaking down story was to buy plenty of time for Kenny. And she planned it ahead of time with her brother, because what better alibi than a cop?? And the brother had his partner take her home to make it look even more natural.

I don't think she fed him to the tigers. I think Kenny got rid of the body somewhere. 40 acres of swamp land makes that incredibly easy. JMO.
Hi @tigger420- welcome to WS!

That’s an interesting idea that Kenny murdered JDL. Would he have had any personal motive or benefit other than a payment from Carol? In the TK doc, it seemed like Kenny didn’t like CB, but was loyal to Don. Who knows!

The septic tank speculation should be relatively easy to resolve. A permit is required even if you are doing the install yourself. Plus with all those volunteers, people should be able to corroborate when construction began & completed. Maybe they should do a count of how many septic systems are on the property vs how many systems/ tanks/ drainfields there are. Or maybe they just used the equipment to bury him very deep, not necessarily under a tank. Can CB work a backhoe or other equipment? If they could just find Don’s body...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back