The British Royal Family #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Archewell sounds like a company that makes orthotic insoles to me.

I suspect they will be getting a salary, travel expenses etc.

In my opinion this is a terrible time to launch a foundation it just doesn’t look good from a public relations perspective. They should have waited.

Fountains are usually controlled by one to two individuals. They do not need to seek approval for any spending or decisions. They can be paid a salary, expenses, staff, etc.

7744E277-0039-4F60-8E50-A8D2713D6487.jpeg 80392173-BA89-4117-8B80-8D9FBE4C6B07.jpeg

Kate Middleton has said William has been eating all the chocolate ahead of the Easter break while Prince George has been binging on a new favourite TV show.

During a surprise virtual visit to kids whose parents are on the front line of the coronavirus pandemic, the Duke and Duchess laid out their plans for the Bank Holiday.
Young George is likely to be glued to David Attenborough's Blue Planet, which mum Kate said he'd been "watching lots of".

While William said in their household - which also includes Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis - "there'll be a lot of chocolate being eaten".

Kate Middleton says William has been eating all the chocolate ahead of Easter

DE119DF4-20E0-4AC1-8B7F-867614561856.jpeg

The Queen has been forced to break with centuries of tradition by sending her Maundy money to the elderly by post amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Every year on the day before Good Friday, the Monarch presents elderly members of the Church of England with special 'Maundy' coins.

These specially minted pieces are almost always handed out to worshippers over 70, nominated by local dioceses for their contributions to the church and the community.

But today they have been delivered by Royal Mail instead of by the Queen herself, who is isolating at Windsor, to protect them all from the deadly virus.

Queen forced to send Maundy money by post Royal Mail due to coronavirus breaking tradition | Daily Mail Online

What is Maundy Money?

Maundy Thursday is the Christian holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter, commemorating the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the apostles.

During the service, the Queen would have distributed Maundy money to 94 men and 94 women - as she will be 94 this year, celebrating her birthday on April 21.

But the money was posted instead, due to the Covid-19 lockdown and social distancing instructions, with recipients receiving two purses, one red and one white.

Prince William and Kate Middleton trademark new mental health project

Prince William and Kate Middleton's incredible new project revealed
All we know about the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's venture

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have trademarked the word "HEADFIT", and patent information on the Intellectual Property Office website - shared on Twitter - suggests that it might be a mobile app. Listed as "software as service and given the name and the Cambridges' demonstrable mental health campaigning, it appears that the royal couple might be looking to launch a mobile app dedicated to the cause.

Duchess of Cornwall's adorable dogs steal the show in wedding anniversary photo

Duchess of Cornwall's adorable dogs steal the show in wedding anniversary photo
The royals are renowned dog lovers!

Clarence House released a new photo of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on Wednesday evening to mark their 15th wedding anniversary on 9 April. Charles and Camilla were dressed in smart casual outfits, but that wasn't the only thing to catch our eye – the couple were joined by the Duchess' Jack Russell Terriers, Beth and Bluebell, for the portrait.

I think that this time is very interesting for the royal family. No engagements to attend, no parties, just the couples, managing on their own. Or are they still having staff around?

This is really an interesting time for Meghan and Harry.

I think that this time is very interesting for the royal family. No engagements to attend, no parties, just the couples, managing on their own. Or are they still having staff around?

I reckon they'll have a few staff at their various houses but nowhere near like normal, possibly they're working in rotas. I imagine whoever deals directly with the Queen and Phillip is living in isolation on site to minimise any risk of them getting the virus and passing it on.

I bet the Cambridges are having a lovely time at their country house just being together with the kids, who are still young enough to want to run and play and have fun. They wouldn't have had this time otherwise, ever, much like other families, so I suppose that's one silver lining in this massive Coronacloud.

This is really an interesting time for Meghan and Harry.

It is great that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing video calls if they can’t be there in person.

I’m very sad to say that I think this crisis means Her Majesty will not be doing as many public engagements anymore it’s just too risky for Her. She has dedicated her life to serving her country so I don’t think anyone could be critical of her having more time to herself.

It is great that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing video calls if they can’t be there in person.

I’m very sad to say that I think this crisis means Her Majesty will not be doing as many public engagements anymore it’s just too risky for Her. She has dedicated her life to serving her country so I don’t think anyone could be critical of her having more time to herself.

I think you're right. Her Majesty's health and well being will come first. I think she more than deserves time off from her duty.

The Queen's dressmaker reveals first set of scrubs made for the NHS

The Queen's dressmaker reveals first set of scrubs made for the NHS
Stewart Parvin has revealed the first set of scrubs he has produced for NHS frontline workers

Stewart Parvin, the Queen's dressmaker, has revealed the first set of scrubs he has designed and produced for NHS workers to wear during the coronavirus lockdown.

The designer, 55, shared the news on social media, writing: "Our first set of scrubs are ready to be dropped off for @frimleyhealth. If you would like to get involved as a home sewer, or as a business with work space, there are several groups set up that are co-ordinating the effort. @scrubsgloriousscrubs and @scrubsfortheloveof #nhs."

stewart-parvin-scrubs-z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member