Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

That's a straw man.

AS is also on the witness list for the prosecution right alongside HH.
He's not off the hook, either.
It's going to be no more pleasant an experience for him to testify against TS than it will be for HH.

Nobody has made the claim that HH knows what was happening in the house, but AS didn't.
I'm certainly not going to be making any claims that AS didn't know.

The DA is not going to call HH to the stand to exact any type of "punishment" on her.
She has first-hand testimony as to TS's words and actions both in the hours and days before, as well as the hours and days after, GS's disappearance.

HH purchased cleaning supplies at TS's direction that were used to conceal a crime scene.
She's going to be need to testify to that.

She picked her mother up from various locations for unknown reasons.
She'll need to testify as to dates, times, and what TS told her to explain the trips.

This isn't about HH.

This is about justice for Gannon.

To the extent that HH can help the prosecution fill in the puzzle pieces, the DA will use her to that end.

JMO.
Great post!! The law is devoid of emotion. Even though we may be appalled that HH is not willingly participating, it's her legal right to remain silent and ask for an attorney.

Police can question a child without a parent present and are not required to obtain permission from a parent before questioning the child. ... Children themselves can refuse to be questioned and can also request that a lawyer or a parent be present during any questioning.

Can Police Question a Child Who Has Witnessed or Been a ...
www.criminaldefenselawyer.com › resources › can-police-question-a-c...

BBM:

That's a straw man.

AS is also on the witness list for the prosecution right alongside HH.
He's not off the hook, either.
It's going to be no more pleasant an experience for him to testify against TS than it will be for HH.

Nobody has made the claim that HH knows what was happening in the house, but AS didn't.
I'm certainly not going to be making any claims that AS didn't know.

The DA is not going to call HH to the stand to exact any type of "punishment" on her.
She has first-hand testimony as to TS's words and actions both in the hours and days before, as well as the hours and days after, GS's disappearance.

HH purchased cleaning supplies at TS's direction that were used to conceal a crime scene.
She's going to be need to testify to that.

She picked her mother up from various locations for unknown reasons.
She'll need to testify as to dates, times, and what TS told her to explain the trips.

This isn't about HH.

This is about justice for Gannon.

To the extent that HH can help the prosecution fill in the puzzle pieces, the DA will use her to that end.

JMO.
When a "Like" is not enough.
I totally agree ... but you said it more eloquently as usual.

While I understand that the posts defending HH are said out of sensitivity for her age, she is nearly an adult.
Asking her to tell the truth about her mother is in no way 'punishing' her !!!

It's called justice for Gannon and that is all.

Even if there are uncomfortable questions for his father or his step sister.
I can think of a few awkward queries myself, but have largely refrained until it gets closer to the trial.

Someone pointed out that there are some photos from earlier days where Gannon, HH and little sister are together outdoors appearing like they were having a fun outing. :(
Good god, HH partly grew up with this boy !
They were kids together ; for a time.

Did she not wonder why the F. she was buying cleaning supplies or why she was picking up TS at random locations, or where TS' car was at ???
This was in the AA and yes we can discuss it.
Sorry for my french, but if HH is called to testify for the trial and I think she will be--- and she decides to obfuscate or outright lie I'm going to assume the branch is but a part of the tree, and that's tragic.

As far as the AA we know she has refused to cooperate.

I want to think that's changed by now and she takes a different path in life from her family.
Imo.

About the car being near the school:

My immediate thought was that she was going to claim she went there for work or to look for Gannon and the car wouldn't start. This would be an implied slap at AS too (that he doesn't maintain the cars, wasn't there when she needed him, etc).

People like this are really good at coming up with lies that are subtle or not-so-subtle digs at others. I've been amazed that some people can tell one lie to one person and then just 1-2 minutes later (within the hearing of the first person), tell a completely opposite lie. Families often deal with this by simply being quiet and never discussing it. They know that if they point it out, there will be rage and more lies.

People who lie like this often don't even need a reason to do so (except getting lots of attention and making others feel inferior or feel bad).

When a "Like" is not enough.
I totally agree ... but you said it more eloquently as usual.

While I understand that the posts defending HH are said out of sensitivity for her age, she is nearly an adult.
Asking her to tell the truth about her mother is in no way 'punishing' her !!!

It's called justice for Gannon and that is all.

Even if there are uncomfortable questions for his father or his step sister.
I can think of a few awkward queries myself, but have largely refrained until it gets closer to the trial.

Someone pointed out that there are some photos from earlier days where Gannon, HH and little sister are together outdoors appearing like they were having a fun outing. :(
Good god, HH partly grew up with this boy !
They were kids together ; for a time.

Did she not wonder why the F. she was buying cleaning supplies or why she was picking up TS at random locations, or where TS' car was at ???
This was in the AA and yes we can discuss it.
Sorry for my french, but if HH is called to testify for the trial and I think she will be--- and she decides to obfuscate or outright lie I'm going to assume the branch is but a part of the tree, and that's tragic.

As far as the AA we know she has refused to cooperate.

I want to think that's changed by now and she takes a different path in life from her family.
Imo.
Yeah.

Crime or not, HH was there on the days surrounding the murder.

She’s one of the most important people in all of this, and although not vital to achieving her mom’s conviction, can provide a lot of clarity to the jury.

Is the case stronger to weaker with her her on the stand? If it’s stronger then you call her.

Little children have to testify against their parents all the time; it’s unfortunate but necessary. HH is not a little child, and is absolutely vital to understanding what happened here.

I couldn’t possibly care less about her “emotional distress.” I care about a conviction.

“Although our case will be a lot weaker, it might be upsetting to HH if we call her. Even if we somehow lose, atleast we were kind and compassionate.” -No prosecutor ever.

Okay, so this is my tracking of the vehicles extracted from the affidavit, minus my own speculations.

Monday: January 27
10:17 AM:
The Red Nissan Frontier (AS truck) is documented leaving the residence.
02:20 PM: The Red Nissan Frontier (AS truck) is documented returning to the residence.
04:42 PM: HH returns home in Jetta, picks up sister, and goes to store.

Tuesday: January 28
08:30 AM
: LS arrives at the airport in the Tiguan, and proceeds to rent the Kia.
07:00 PM: LS returns to the airport and retrieves the Tiguan.
08:30 PM to 10:20 PM: The Tiguan is tracked to the Northwest region (area of suspicion) and then to the area of Powers and Carefree (a shopping area approximately 8 miles from the airport.
10:26 PM: HH receives a text, and the Jetta is tracked to the vicinity of Powers and Carefree.

Wednesday: January 29
09:00 AM:
The Kia is returned to the airport.
12:00 PM (noon): Letecia arrives for her interview in the Tiguan. The Tiguan is taken. After the Tiguan is seized, LS obtains the Grey Nissan Ultima.

Friday: January 31st
Tracking of the Ultima shows that it traveled to the Northwest Region (area of suspicion).
This Ultima and a moving vehicle are also noted in video and witness accounts during the interview given by LS.
Thank you! additional Tiguan data
Tuesday: January 28
8:08 PM - 8:18 PM: Tiguan Stopped near King Soopers, caught on surveillance there, then on nearby Wendy's camera
Wednesday: January 29
11:30 AM: Tiguan caught on camera at carwash@E Platte/Bonfoy Ave.

Subtitle: "Everyone Owes Me an Apology for Noticing I Killed My Stepson"

Excuses for the tissue stuffing, as narrated by LS for the imaginary book:
- I was trying to gather DNA evidence from Eguardo and Quincy myself
- Police vindictively gave me too much water during the interview, so I peed myself
- Those weren't tissues, they were my police interview notes describing rapist #3, "Chuy"

And the classic Letecia excuse, where she accidentally incriminates herself further: "Those internet detective types think my DNA was on the tissues from crying, and I was trying to keep police from obtaining my DNA... but they're wrong, because I haven't shed a single actual tear!"
Love it, love it, love it! In special recognition of the tear ref:
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif

I don't think she shot him at home. Wouldn't there be more than 50 drops of blood spatter around the room if he were shot?

My worst fear is that Gannon wasn't deceased when she brought him to the dump location so she shot him. I do not think that happened....but sometimes I do wonder.

I also wonder if she shot him after death, at the dump location, to somehow make it look like someone else did it? Perhaps she thought a gunshot would look more like a stranger abduction?

Or maybe a gunshot at the dump location covered up the abuse she committed against him?

IDK, just some (awful) possibilities.

jmo

Bolded by me for focus.

I have wondered this as well ever since the sentence enhancers were added.

GRAPHIC WARNING!

I think that she felt he was taking too long to pass away and she used the gun to finish him off.

I'm pretty far behind atm, these threads move so fast.

I think there are tons of psychological variables in this story - and your post gets at that.

Most people don't like messes in their houses, and in this case, it's a bloody awful mess. Time after time, murderers work themselves into whatever frenzy or state they're in, and then, once that's over, they are more or less "back to reality" and facing the very real consequence of their nightmarish behavior.

She didn't want all that mess in the garage, she knew it would leave more evidence (plus there must have been several garbage bags: blanket, bedspread, sheets, pillow, her own clothing, etc) She knew not to try to launder all of it in a short time. She figures the neighbors won't pay much or any attention (some aren't home from work yet) and they'll just think she's cleaning house. At first.

Her original goal is just to buy herself time. None of it works out well for her. At some point, all of that stuff had to go somewhere else (like into a dumpster at one of the shopping centers where she stopped). Once it's all bagged and stacked up, she then has to figure out what to do with it (probably taking it back through the house to one of the cars - perhaps HH's, we don't know).

At any rate, she bought herself a couple of days. Once AS was home, the jig was up and she knew it. But she still needed to try and get away with it, hence all of her demented frantic activity. Yep, her "panic brain" was in its own unique working order.

She got away with it for 35 days. I think LE knew Gannon was dead by the 29th and strongly suspected on the 28th. They were busy getting warrants in the 28th. I wonder if part of LE's strategy, in denying that there was foul play or making LS a formal suspect was to keep AS in doubt, trying to make him wait until the story was better understood (or else AS may very well have tried to or succeeded in harming Letecia, who knew her only chance was to hightail it out of town).
Wasn't there something about a Transfer Station in the witness documents? I know I read it somewhere. I have skipped posts so if this was discussed before I apologize. Away back my curiosity got me, I'm in Florida and never heard of the term Transfer Station. What I read sounds like you pull up and empty your garbage in while in your vehicle? Is your vehicle weighed before and after being emptied? Does it go into train cars instead of a dump? Is that why it's a transfer station? Is this where the possibly bedding went?

bolded and enlarged by me
ITA.

I have a feeling people might have known.

Maybe they didn't know the depths to which this perp was willing to descend, but enough that there had to be suspicions raised.
By "they" I mean take your pick of the people around TS, within the home and outside of it.
I do mean this respectfully.

Had TS displayed rage towards Gannon or even his little sister before the murder ?
Had either child talked about it to anyone ?
So many unanswered questions.
My .02 is that there were warning signs that sadly were ignored or missed. :(

Families get used to normalizing what they think is the "worst" behavior (so far). They really do. A former teacher at my college (untenured, btw) fell into a habit of using meth. She was successful in hiding this from her husband. I was doing field observation in an impoverished neighborhood that wasn't even that close to the college, I was living part time with a welfare mom and her 4 kids, observing life from her point of view. She was an occasional meth user too. Imagine my surprise to run into a colleague, on the hunt for meth. When high, that colleague was willing to invite me to her home and talk (a lot) about her drug use.

It turned out that this woman (who had used during pregnancy, but "not a lot") had 2 kids (and was an aggressive screamer at them) and she would leave them entirely alone (aged about 2 and 5) while she went out looking for drugs. All of which she scrupulously hid from her husband. And from her students and co-workers.

Household looked "normal" from the outside. The constant raging of the mother in this family was regarded as normal (along with her ability to sleep/be difficult to rouse when she couldn't get enough meth - she'd sleep through every weekend).

I too think there were signs of dysfunction in the Stauch household, and that too will come out at trial. But people go to such lengths to try and treat things as normal. I know I did - I stayed in an abusive relationship for 15 years, trying to make it better/normal.

Bolded by me for focus.

I have wondered this as well ever since the sentence enhancers were added.

GRAPHIC WARNING!

I think that she felt he was taking too long to pass away and she used the gun to finish him off.

I'm pretty far behind atm, these threads move so fast.
Ita.
I also think that during the driving around that day the perp was waiting for him to pass away.
During the video of the neighbor my first impression of the way TS jumped out of that truck and hurried into the garage she was panicked from just having murdered Gannon; but now I'm wondering if she was in a blind rage ?
*panic* --Not from the fear of killing a child but in a paranoid CYA mode.

What's everyone opinion on when TS decided to kill Gannon?

I'm on the fence - would love to hear some ideas.

jmo

I think during the 4 hour drive around time. Although I think she severely injured him the night before.

I don't see a long time coming, well thought out plan here. I think in a rage she hurt him Sunday night enough that it couldn't be covered up and killed him to hide it.

Well, who knows what she told him. They only gave the school location as one example. She could have told him about five different things. Maybe she told him Eguardo took it. She told so many lies it was probably impossible to include everything.

Jmo
I will bet one location that she did not tell him, was the airport. And any location she did tell was a lie.

Ita.
I also think that during the driving around that day the perp was waiting for him to pass away.
During the video of the neighbor my first impression of the way TS jumped out of that truck and hurried into the garage she was panicked from just having murdered Gannon; but now I'm wondering if she was in a blind rage ?
*panic* --Not from the fear of killing a child but in a paranoid CYA mode.
Agree. I am not sure if my perception is tainted because I know the ultimate outcome but I had similar thoughts.

Now it seems so purposeful, not panicked - she is running out of time.

Gannon arriving back home sitting in rear passenger side. That trip was miserable for him. He wanted to be as far away as he could or SHE insisted he sit there to keep an eye on him.

The statement which struck me the most from RD is "he just did not seem like the same vibrant child he had been the day before".

That one broke my heart. She broke his spirit.

ETA: I can only hope he was drugged at some point, I don't see her being that kind

Last edited:
At work and things are surprisingly slow (not complaining thou). ;) Does this sound like TS to anyone?
- Rule breaking - TSs prior run-ins with LE
- Deceitfulness (e.g. lying, conning others) – OK, I agree that this one does not apply to TS. She doesn’t lie ever nor does she conn others. She is as honest as they come... :rolleyes:
- Impulsivity or poor planning (resulting in a parasitic lifestyle that is sustained by manipulating others) – A 32-page AA that is impossible to comprehend; at least for me. 2 rapes… rapist allowing her to go upstairs to greed L… a bloody board flying out the back of the truck… Sorry, too much for my little brain….
- Aggressiveness (with repeated assaults and fights) - I hope Gannon (and potentially others) didn’t have to endure repeated assaults and fights, but I think he (or they) likely were.
- Irresponsibility (failing to sustain a job or uphold financial obligations) – Hmm, isn’t she a model employee? Same school direct for 100+ years, right?
- Lack of conscience, remorse, and empathy.
In order to be diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder, the person has to manifest only 3 of the above…. I think TS meets them all.

- Arrogance – Check.
- A preoccupation with fantasies of power, beauty, love, brilliance, or money – I think this is where the military lifestyle and graduate degree comes in. Check.
- Convictions of “specialness”; a hunger for admiration, entitlement, exploitation and manipulativeness - CHECK in capital letters.
- Stunted empathy (an inability to “feel into” the other person) – Check.
- Envy – Likely check. She wants her best friend’s husband….
- Displays of contemptuousness – I would say “check”.
In order to be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the person has to manifest 5 of the above….

We have talked enough about Borderline Personality Disorder. In closing, not diagnosing, just sharing info. :)

Last edited:
At work and things are surprisingly slow (not complaining thou). ;) Does this sound like TS to anyone?
- Rule breaking - TSs prior run-ins with LE
- Deceitfulness (e.g. lying, conning others) – OK, I agree that this one does not apply to TS. She doesn’t lie ever nor does she conn others.
- Impulsivity or poor planning (resulting in a parasitic lifestyle that is sustained by manipulating others) – A 32-page AA that is impossible to comprehend; at least for me. 2 rapes… rapist allowing her to go upstairs to greed L… a bloody board flying out the back of the truck… Sorry, too much for my little brain….
- Aggressiveness (with repeated assaults and fights) - I hope Gannon (and potentially others) didn’t have to endure repeated assaults and fights, but I think he (or they) likely were.
- Irresponsibility (failing to sustain a job or uphold financial obligations) – Hmm, isn’t she a model employee? Same school direct for 100+ years, right?
- Lack of conscience, remorse, and empathy.
In order to be diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder, the person has to manifest only 3 of the above…. I think TS meets them all.

- Arrogance – Check.
- A preoccupation with fantasies of power, beauty, love, brilliance, or money – I think this is where the military lifestyle and graduate degree comes in. Check.
- Convictions of “specialness”; a hunger for admiration, entitlement, exploitation and manipulativeness - CHECK in capital letters.
- Stunted empathy (an inability to “feel into” the other person) – Check.
- Envy – Likely check. She wants her best friend’s husband….
- Displays of contemptuousness – I would say “check”.
In order to be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the person has to manifest 5 of the above….

We have talked enough about Borderline Personality Disorder. In closing, not diagnosing, just sharing info. :)
Check
Check
Check
I hope when she dies
They burn her
I think she is that evil

Thank you. I was hoping they had a lot away from the airport like some other airports, but it appears to be directly in front. Her ability to switch cars can probably just be explained in other ways. Possibly dropped off rental on Wednesday and used the airport shuttle to get back to her hotel and retrieve the Tiguan.

HH unfortunately was used to cover up the murder of an innocent boy. I can feel for her, in the sense that she loves her mother, regardless of whether that mother deserves it. Cooperating with LE would be hard emotionally, but the cost of continuing to help cover for T would be far more destruction to her emotional health. I hope she will be able to face reality and move forward. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23