Georgia - Coronavirus COVID-19

GA Dept Public Health Report
Monday April 13

13,315 Cases (100%)
2,589 Hospitalizations (19.44%)
464 Deaths (3.48%)

Percentages of hospitalizations & deaths are a little bit less- this is good.

AND... BIG NEWS! EVERYBODY SIT DOWN! The GA Dept of Health has finally updated it’s color-coded county-by-county map! Wait- now back to mostly light green as it has been for the last 3 weeks. What the heck- anybody else seeing that map go wonky? Updated then not updated? Sheesh.

SW GA hit hard- I’m feeling for you, neighbors- stay home & safe.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is where all 50 states stand on reopening - CNN

More vague mumbo jumbo from Gov Kemp about when GA will peak. At least he admits GAs a little behind in testing & working to fix that. No real info how.

Saw kids running in Walmart today. Lots of kids. Lots of running. Seriously. LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME. I love kids. But to add to crowds & germs in stores right now? Not cool. Moo

WSB-TV on Twitter

WSB-TV
@wsbtv

BREAKING NEWS: Former VP of metro Atlanta healthcare company accused of altering records, intentionally delaying the shipment of masks and other gear to providers https://2wsb.tv/2Vx59lW LIVE coverage NOW on Channel 2.

Former VP of metro Atlanta health care company charged with intentionally delaying delivery of PPE to others

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — The Department of Justice says it has charged a former vice president of a health care company for breaking into a computer system and altering records that ended up delaying supplies of face masks and other personal protective equipment to other health care providers.

Channel 2 Gwinnett County Bureau Chief Tony Thomas broke the news on Twitter Thursday afternoon that Christopher Dobbins, 40, of Duluth, had been charged.

Federal investigators Dobbins worked at Stradis Healthcare in Peachtree Corners, and a federal complaint said he was so disgruntled that he intentionally messed with company records so shipments of needed hospital supplies would be delayed during this pandemic.

“Of course we are disappointed, but more importantly he disabled the shipping module which delayed shipments of critical PPE and surgical products to hospitals and medical facilities nationwide,” Sokol said.

In the complaint unsealed Thursday afternoon, Dobbins is accused of changing more than 115,000 company records and deleting 2,300 more.

The FBI said Dobbins was fired in early March but got into the company system March 29 using a fake account he set up before leaving.

Last edited:
This is where all 50 states stand on reopening - CNN

More vague mumbo jumbo from Gov Kemp about when GA will peak. At least he admits GAs a little behind in testing & working to fix that. No real info how.

Saw kids running in Walmart today. Lots of kids. Lots of running. Seriously. LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME. I love kids. But to add to crowds & germs in stores right now? Not cool. Moo

imo- He is behind in many different ways- and ridiculous in others. The GA right to work BS is just that. The shelter in place order does 0 for many.

I am also acutely aware my employer's response to this pandemic is horrible. Over 500- not doing the Congress expected " right thing" about sick leave, paid FMLA , pay, extra OT pay, attendance, etc. I understand I can/could choose to work elsewhere.

My co workers are not faring well with their kids home- many are single moms and cannot go one day without pay, have already burned all their PTO and need our (though costly )health insurance. I have none of those problems- Praise the Lord. They are starting to abandon ship at this point. I am seriously considering my options.

Suspended our 401K matching, no merit raises this year, froze hiring. ( we are busier than Christmas peak with less than 1/2 the staff we have then). Unemployment pays far better than the company does- and they wouldn't think of unloading anyone due to PPE (and profits)

imo- He is behind in many different ways- and ridiculous in others. The GA right to work BS is just that. The shelter in place order does 0 for many.

I am also acutely aware my employer's response to this pandemic is horrible. Over 500- not doing the Congress expected " right thing" about sick leave, paid FMLA , pay, extra OT pay, attendance, etc. I understand I can/could choose to work elsewhere.

My co workers are not faring well with their kids home- many are single moms and cannot go one day without pay, have already burned all their PTO and need our (though costly )health insurance. I have none of those problems- Praise the Lord. They are starting to abandon ship at this point. I am seriously considering my options.

Suspended our 401K matching, no merit raises this year, froze hiring. ( we are busier than Christmas peak with less than 1/2 the staff we have then). Unemployment pays far better than the company does- and they wouldn't think of unloading anyone due to PPE (and profits)
I hear you, went to Publix a young mother had her baby(guess to be 3 to 4 mos) with her neither had masks. Or had their face covered.

WSB-TV on Twitter

WSB-TV
@wsbtv

BREAKING NEWS: Former VP of metro Atlanta healthcare company accused of altering records, intentionally delaying the shipment of masks and other gear to providers https://2wsb.tv/2Vx59lW LIVE coverage NOW on Channel 2.

Former VP of metro Atlanta health care company charged with intentionally delaying delivery of PPE to others

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — The Department of Justice says it has charged a former vice president of a health care company for breaking into a computer system and altering records that ended up delaying supplies of face masks and other personal protective equipment to other health care providers.

Channel 2 Gwinnett County Bureau Chief Tony Thomas broke the news on Twitter Thursday afternoon that Christopher Dobbins, 40, of Duluth, had been charged.

Federal investigators Dobbins worked at Stradis Healthcare in Peachtree Corners, and a federal complaint said he was so disgruntled that he intentionally messed with company records so shipments of needed hospital supplies would be delayed during this pandemic.

“Of course we are disappointed, but more importantly he disabled the shipping module which delayed shipments of critical PPE and surgical products to hospitals and medical facilities nationwide,” Sokol said.

In the complaint unsealed Thursday afternoon, Dobbins is accused of changing more than 115,000 company records and deleting 2,300 more.

The FBI said Dobbins was fired in early March but got into the company system March 29 using a fake account he set up before leaving.
OMG

GA Dept Public Health Report
Sunday April 19

18,301 Cases (100%)
3464 Hospitalizations (18.93%)
687 Deaths (3.75%)

Percentage of hospitalizations continues to decline :))!) but percentage of deaths are a little bit up :)(). If there’s any accuracy in these reports, which I doubt.o_O

I’ve decided that in addition to our national divide between Democrats & Republicans, men & women, wealthy & non-wealthy, pro-choice & pro-life, pro-immigration & pro-wall, etc., etc., etc., NOW we have the divide between pro-covid-precautions vs pro-don’t-tell-me-to-mask-up-and-stay-back.:confused:

There was a near riot at my local Walmart today. An unfortunate elderly man couldn’t get his self-checkout item to scan & help was no where in sight. For nearly 10 minutes. People were coming unglued. Lines were extending halfway to the back of the store because some tried to maintain 6 feet. Others kept pushing forward. One lady started crowding everyone to yell at the man in the front. When others asked her to stay back, some other unmasked woman started shouting that she was a paramedic and that no one’s mask was going to protect them. Another customer asked an employee to enforce people keeping their distance so she sarcastically counted out 6 steps, then put her unmasked face in his ear & said “you’re all good”, loud & nasty. I almost walked out, the whole scene was so disgusting.:mad:

Most people were not wearing masks.:eek:

And this has just become the last straw- paying the extra $ for delivery from here on out. I’m more concerned with isolating from the idiots than the virus at this point.

Seriously? The curve has not flattened & how will people do their social distancing at the fever-free massage parlor? Jmo

don't shoot the messenger...???? I work from home and go to the grocery store every now and then. No clue how the states are going to be able to reopen without issues.

don't shoot the messenger...???? I work from home and go to the grocery store every now and then.
Def not shooting the messenger. Sorry if that’s how it came across. Just really have zero faith in Kemp’s decision-making at this point. Not sure what working from home or occasional trips to grocery have to do with the massage parlors Kemp is referencing in the article? With fever testing and social distancing...

Georgia now reports 20k+ cases of coronavirus and more than 800 deaths

• Tuesday April 14: 14,578 cases (up by 957 cases), 524 deaths (44 new deaths)
  • Wednesday April 15: 15,260 cases (up by 682 cases), 576 deaths (52 new deaths)
  • Thursday April 16: 16,368 cases (up by 1,108 cases), 617 deaths (41 new deaths)
  • Friday April 17: 17,432 cases (up by 1,064 cases), 668 deaths (51 new deaths)
  • Saturday April 18: 17,841 cases (up by 409 cases), 677 deaths (9 new deaths)
  • Sunday April 19: 18,489 cases (up by 648 cases), 689 deaths (12 new deaths)
  • Monday April 20: 19,399 cases (up by 910 cases), 775 deaths (86 new deaths)
  • Tuesday, April 21: 20,166 cases (up by 767 new cases), 818 deaths (43 new deaths)
Coronavirus in Georgia on April 20

Key Facts:

Gov. Kemp to reopen gyms, fitness centers, nail salons, barbers on 4/24 with restrictions
Gov. Brian Kemp has started the move to reopen businesses in Georgia by announcing that gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, nail salons, hair salons and barbershops in Georgia may be reopened beginning Friday, April 24 with strict social distancing restrictions in place.

RELATED: Gov. Kemp, other officials give update on COVID-19 response in Georgia

In addition, restaurants will be allowed to serve dine-in patrons with similar restrictions beginning Monday, April 27.

During his announcement on Monday afternoon, Kemp said the state's shelter in place order remains in effect for most residents through April 30

...............Can someone explain to me please how it works that there is a shelter in place for the state until April 30, yet have open fitness centers, gyms, bowling alleys, nail salons, hair salons and barbershops, massage therapists, theaters, dine in restaurants? (Only things remaining closed are bars, nightclubs, amusement park rides, live performance venues.........oh yeah, and folks jobs that aren't listed above)

Georgia now reports 20k+ cases of coronavirus and more than 800 deaths

• Tuesday April 14: 14,578 cases (up by 957 cases), 524 deaths (44 new deaths)
  • Wednesday April 15: 15,260 cases (up by 682 cases), 576 deaths (52 new deaths)
  • Thursday April 16: 16,368 cases (up by 1,108 cases), 617 deaths (41 new deaths)
  • Friday April 17: 17,432 cases (up by 1,064 cases), 668 deaths (51 new deaths)
  • Saturday April 18: 17,841 cases (up by 409 cases), 677 deaths (9 new deaths)
  • Sunday April 19: 18,489 cases (up by 648 cases), 689 deaths (12 new deaths)
  • Monday April 20: 19,399 cases (up by 910 cases), 775 deaths (86 new deaths)
  • Tuesday, April 21: 20,166 cases (up by 767 new cases), 818 deaths (43 new deaths)
Coronavirus in Georgia on April 20

Key Facts:

Gov. Kemp to reopen gyms, fitness centers, nail salons, barbers on 4/24 with restrictions
Gov. Brian Kemp has started the move to reopen businesses in Georgia by announcing that gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, nail salons, hair salons and barbershops in Georgia may be reopened beginning Friday, April 24 with strict social distancing restrictions in place.

RELATED: Gov. Kemp, other officials give update on COVID-19 response in Georgia

In addition, restaurants will be allowed to serve dine-in patrons with similar restrictions beginning Monday, April 27.

During his announcement on Monday afternoon, Kemp said the state's shelter in place order remains in effect for most residents through April 30

...............Can someone explain to me please how it works that there is a shelter in place for the state until April 30, yet have open fitness centers, gyms, bowling alleys, nail salons, hair salons and barbershops, massage therapists, theaters, dine in restaurants? (Only things remaining closed are bars, nightclubs, amusement park rides, live performance venues.........oh yeah, and folks jobs that aren't listed above)
Boy am I hearing you! Wth does “with special restrictions” mean? And with “social distancing”?! PLEASE. I’ve not once seen people cooperating w SD since this whole thing started. Irks the heck out of me. And barbershops, nail salons & massage parlors? How does one use those services 6’ apart? We’re going to see huge spikes in new cases & deaths. JMVHO.:mad:

Seriously? The curve has not flattened & how will people do their social distancing at the fever-free massage parlor? Jmo
I too noticed the first re-opened service-oriented business was a massage-parlor in our governors statement.I was almost ashamed to mention it, glad you did.
I am appalled as well as embarrassed.
I am trying to think of something to say to end this on a positive note.

I am positive that I don't understand the ever-changing reasoning behind any of this.

I am not getting why those businesses, but retail stores are still closed. None.
Exactly! Where is the logic? The common sense? A trip to TJ Maxx with a mask on is way closer the social distancing of the grocery store than manicures, haircuts & massages. And far more “essential”. There are probably small kids who’ve outgrown clothes- how’s the massage parlor helping them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back