Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an outline for a game along with nutritional information.
I don't have any input to put about the game.
I do think the nutritional facts makes it a possibility our Mostly Harmless had either been diagnosed with Diabetes or a GI issue.
When I was sent to the nutritionist for my GI issues, I was advised to pretty much do the same thing, journal the foods I ate daily and stick to a certain dietary intake.
I read somewhere that it was called don't starve.

That notebook is 100% setting up a MMORPG game. I've never tried screeps but attempted playing one on STEAM last year that had this kind of set up classes, guilds, mining, farming that kind of thing.
Surely this is the key to him getting identified.

I believe that Denim will be identified but I also think he'll fall within the category where his family will choose to maintain his anonymity. I know technically we have no right to know his identity but as much as the police assign an officer to his case, it can't be ignored that what they are working with now is due to many other civilians who provided them with a treasure trove of detail.

I don't like to think Denim could be involved in criminal activity and until someone proves me wrong I will continue to think that way. I was on a thread a few days ago where the question was which case stays with you. I still consider the Sumter Does my first and foremost but I don't feel the connection to them like I do Denim. They are more like a puzzle, albeit a mystifying one. (Scrolling through the hundreds and hundreds of missing and disappeared in Argentina has a more visceral effect on me; seeing 14 year old children who were assassinated or umpteen pregnant women). Seeing all the images of Denim smiling or his demeanor when someone takes a pic without him looking at the camera, he radiates a calmness. He may have been on a journey that had nothing to do with hiking.
Denim is one that will FOREVER be engraved in my heart and mind! Yes, the Sumter County Does, WCJD, all of Kentucky, several local Texas cases, I will always remember, but Denim.... he is a “pet case” if ever there was one to be had for me. I’ve not grown closer to any unidentified person like I have Denim. I truly hope wherever he is, he is finding comfort in the amount of people’s hearts he’s touched - most of whom he never met.

This is a bittersweet case.

I don't see any resemblance at all. Bruce would have been nearly 60 years old around the discovery of Denim plus his height is listed at 6 feet 1 inch. It's obvious from pictures and especially that brief video that Denim is no where near that height, more like 5 feet 8 inches, if that. And even though we dont have any real clear pics of Denim clean shaven, I think the shape of his face is quite different especially the jaw.

The upper estimated age for Denim is 60, so that's within range. I don't think he's Bruce, but I wanted to mention the age because we tend to look for younger people for matches, but he could be a youthful-looking 60 instead of a prematurely gray 40.

Definitely an outline for a game along with nutritional information.
I don't have any input to put about the game.
I do think the nutritional facts makes it a possibility our Mostly Harmless had either been diagnosed with Diabetes or a GI issue.
When I was sent to the nutritionist for my GI issues, I was advised to pretty much do the same thing, journal the foods I ate daily and stick to a certain dietary intake.
I read somewhere that it was called don't starve.
The upper estimated age for Denim is 60, so that's within range. I don't think he's Bruce, but I wanted to mention the age because we tend to look for younger people for matches, but he could be a youthful-looking 60 instead of a prematurely gray 40.
Could this be him????Screenshot_2020-04-06-20-53-15.pngScreenshot_2020-04-06-20-53-00.png

Maybe looking at MMORPG or MMO game ideas on a platform like Kickstarter would be an idea?
If this is a standalone game rather than extension to a larger existing one and as he didn’t appear to be working for a specific company he may have floated the idea on there to gauge interest or find possible backers.

IMHO the recipes are something totally unrelated to the game. My experience of these type of games is that you collect items like pond weed, tree bark and a blue snail and put them in a stone pot to make dinner. The detail MH has gone into is far beyond anything game related.

IMHO the recipes are something totally unrelated to the game. My experience of these type of games is that you collect items like pond weed, tree bark and a blue snail and put them in a stone pot to make dinner. The detail MH has gone into is far beyond anything game related.

Snipped by me

I agree the recipes don't look like anything game related. It really looks to me like he had some kind of digestive or metabolic issue that required constant attention.

Transcribed notebook
Imgur

If someone on here originally posted these, I don't mean to step on any toes!

This is me. I'm female btw lol. I am updating my transcriptions after becoming aware of the photocopied versions, since I had transcribed directly from the original images of the notebook and some areas were difficult to transcribe. I am in contact with Jason Nark, the Screeps devs, and CCSO. Too bad reddit is considered an unreliable source, since that's where I've posted and received the most information ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is me. I'm female btw lol. I am updating my transcriptions after becoming aware of the photocopied versions, since I had transcribed directly from the original images of the notebook and some areas were difficult to transcribe. I am in contact with Jason Nark, the Screeps devs, and CCSO. Too bad reddit is considered an unreliable source, since that's where I've posted and received the most information ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please keep us posted when you finish updating the transcriptions! This has been the most helpful piece of the puzzle so far, IMO.

Amazing job - thank you so much! Are you able to tell relatively easily from the journal(s) the dates that they were entered? I wasn't sure of the exact dates but it looks like he was really doing some intense cognitive exercise at least up until a couple of weeks before he died. Would that point to a more rapid physical decline, perhaps? It seems that most people at the end stage of a terminal illness would be unable to formulate such complex ideas (due to pain, exhaustion, lack of nutrition, etc).

I think the nutrition stuff is part of the game. I think it’s the “energy” part. It looks to part of the “outline” of the game.

I agree.

Or he was also working on another type of layout for nutrition.

For some reason I don't think MH was ill until the last month of his life - and he fell ill quickly.

JMO

JMO

Last edited:
FWIW there's already a existing game called Don't Starve which has been around since 2013, so I don't think he'd be making a game called that. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, in which case I apologize!
I had read it on a blog can't remember which one and a guy was explaining the r with the circle and other letters from his code and was saying they matched up to that app don't starve or how not to starve. I didn't understand just saying what I had read

I had read it on a blog can't remember which one and a guy was explaining the r with the circle and other letters from his code and was saying they matched up to that app don't starve or how not to starve. I didn't understand just saying what I had read

I think it's Don't Starve. It's not a new game. I found an introduction here: Guides/How to not starve

his name is John J Hanneman disappeared in 2003

Thanks for sharing this - I found his link on the Doe Network and it sounds like he purposefully disappeared from Maine. It also sounds like he was someone with some level of outdoor savvy to have been living (from the little description offered) "off the grid" in 2003 and Denim (erportedly) started out as a fairly clueless outdoors-person. I do see some facial similarities - has anyone else offered an opinion?

Excellent work! I am following over on r-e-d-d-i-t to see what comes up. So excited about folks having deciphered to this degree the notebook code.

Yes, I spoke with Taxonomy online. Screeps definitely seems like the narrowest area to target, certainly a smaller range than the Brooklyn tech community. The founder of Screeps doesn’t seem as confident that we’ll be able to get a user Id from what we have in the notebooks.

experts I’ve had review the notebook said it was lucid and the signs of a developer/programmer who likely has a good career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff