OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Happens to My Money if I go to Jail or Prison?

What Happens to Your Stuff When You Get Sent to Prison for Life?

Nothing happens, none of them have been convicted of anything. Obviously any income goes to the care of their minor children and to pay all their own bills. Their attorneys would have set this all up so it's all being taken care of with a trusted family member, someone like Robin for example or Angie's brother as another example.

If they get convicted and have then served 30 days in prison, then all disability/welfare/medicaid payments etc...stop..Zero...Zilch...

At that point decisions would have to be made to sell and liquidate their property I would imagine. They are out of work so no tax refunds, just tax refunds for 2018.
Yeah, I'm just going to go out there on a limb and guess none of the W4 had much "reportable income" in 2018, and for that matter, most of their lives.... Think of all of the 1099's and w-2's with their name on them - eh, maybe not.

I'm guessing they were mostly "cash based", "independent contractors". Read anything you want into that!

O/T - We are currently watching a RERUN of the 2019 Master's Cup. It was bad enough when we watched LIVE golf every weekend, but the rerun's are going to kill me.

Hope everyone is healthy and staying sane during all of these times.

Wishing a Blessed Holiday to everyone!!:)

Last edited:
O/T but important to watch, IMO. PC Sheriff's Office inmate list now lists a person (TB) charged with Attempted Murder and another charged with Murder (RJ). I haven't been able to find out details yet.

These are in addition to JB, who was charged with murder a while back.
When’s reader gonna end up on the inmate list?

Yeah, I'm just going to go out there on a limb and guess none of the W4 had much "reportable income" in 2018, and for that matter, most of their lives.... Think of all of the 1099's and w-2's with their name on them - eh, maybe not.

I'm guessing they were mostly "cash based", "independent contractors". Read anything you want into that!

O/T - We are currently watching a RERUN of the 2019 Master's Cup. It was bad enough when we watched LIVE golf every weekend, but the rerun's are going to kill me.

Hope everyone is healthy and staying sane during all of these times.

Wishing a Blessed Holiday to everyone!!:)

Thanks, Puzzles! Hope everyone had a nice holiday, considering the circumstances. At our house it was kind of nice, without a lot of cooking and cleaning up. I think my biggest Easter dinner was a few years ago 17 people. Nice not to have to do all that this year.

With all the extra time off, I would think all the prosecution and defense teams have a pretty good handle on the arranging and reviewing the evidence for trial. They can handle those meetings via Skype or some similar app. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if, after court resumes, defense attorneys would still ask for some delays. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Puzzles! Hope everyone had a nice holiday, considering the circumstances. At our house it was kind of nice, without a lot of cooking and cleaning up. I think my biggest Easter dinner was a few years ago 17 people. Nice not to have to do all that this year.

With all the extra time off, I would think all the prosecution and defense teams have a pretty good handle on the arranging and reviewing the evidence for trial. They can handle those meetings via Skype or some similar app. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if, after court resumes, defense attorneys would still ask for some delays. :rolleyes:
Interestingly enough, in today's world of technology and in the wake of the unfortunate economic effects of COVID 19, many attorney's have much more work and can do so from home. Now attorney's work is almost completely on-line, from researching data-bases to correspondence and filings. Add to that a "skype" like program to communicate "in person" and you might as well be in your office.

But Betty, you're so right, any excuse for a delay. We too enjoyed a quiet Easter celebration - two of us. Our family was able to Skype together, so all was good.

Billy's tattoo is in the discovery evidence. This link shows it listed in Angela's discovery. I assume it is also listed in Jake and GW4's discovery and of course in Billys.

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/732prfjygw6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

So why would a tattoo on Billy end up being in the other 3's discovery? I mean they are not wearing it, what does it have to do with them?

A tattoo is a personal thing to the person wearing it and it can easily be argued that it means nothing at all. The scorpion in eight pieces can also be a coincidence or argued that it is. I hope it's not stuff like the tattoo they are using to say "see he did it". People have been convicted and gone free over smaller things like the whole Caylee Anthony case just to use it as an example.

A tattoo is a personal thing to the person wearing it and it can easily be argued that it means nothing at all. The scorpion in eight pieces can also be a coincidence or argued that it is. I hope it's not stuff like the tattoo they are using to say "see he did it". People have been convicted and gone free over smaller things like the whole Caylee Anthony case just to use it as an example.

Well, that will be up to a jury to decide, but the prosecution seems to think its important. I'd say the Wagners are going to need a miracle, not luck, to walk away from this one. Massive amounts of evidence (including DNA and their own discussions about the murders among themselves) against all 4 members of the family is a lot to overcome.

For anyone checking on the Ohio jail news:

Angela Wagner is 30 miles north of Columbus in:
  • DELAWARE COUNTY JAIL
    844 US HWY 42 N
    DELAWARE, OH 43015
Jake Wagner is in:
  • FRANKLIN COUNTY CORRECTIONS CENTER I
    360 FRONT STREET
    COLUMBUS, OH 43215
George Wagner IV is in:
  • ROSS COUNTY JAIL
    28 N PAINT STREET
    CHILLICOTHE, OH 45601
Billy Wagner is 20 miles north of Cincinnati in:
  • BUTLER COUNTY JAIL
    705 HANOVER STREET
    HAMILTON, OH 45011
  • :eek:
  • :eek:
Thank you

You know, that is true, it could mean nothing at all. But I can't imagine in my world, with 8 members of my extended family being brutally murdered in cold blood, in the beds with their babies that I would have the thought of having an 8 segmented scorpion tattooed on my thumb and trigger finger. It totally could be coincidence. Maybe he is too naive to give it a thought. Maybe not. It is just a strange, curious thing to have had done after the murders.
Edited to add, his lawyer obviously thinks it is not a good thing either the way he has him hide it from the camera.

You know, that is true, it could mean nothing at all. But I can't imagine in my world, with 8 members of my extended family being brutally murdered in cold blood, in the beds with their babies that I would have the thought of having an 8 segmented scorpion tattooed on my thumb and trigger finger. It totally could be coincidence. Maybe he is too naive to give it a thought. Maybe not. It is just a strange, curious thing to have had done after the murders.
Edited to add, his lawyer obviously thinks it is not a good thing either the way he has him hide it from the camera.

Opinion

In regards to this conversation I think you both are correct. For sake of conversation let's say it is the scorpion tattoo that is in evidence rather than his Norse tattoos.

On the one hand the prosecution can't prove the reason Billy got the scorpion tattoo is because he committed 8 murders - yet on the other hand the defense can't prove he got it for a different reason.

If the prosecution proves all this to the jury:

1.) He got it after the murders (ask tattoo artist)
2.) It is on his right index "trigger" finger (photo)
3.) He is right handed (have him sign his name)
4.) It has 8 segments (photo)

Then the jury could take this as circumstantial evidence. The jury is not stupid, they would know he could have gotten it for other reasons, but the truth is - it does look fishy.

Well think about it....

You start adding up one piece of circumstantial evidence after another and eventually you can overcome reasonable doubt.

Wagners owning and watching the Boondock Saints movie = circumstantial evidence

Angie shopping in several different Walmarts = circumstantial evidence.

Angie buying boots and firearm type supplies that could have been used in the murders = circumstantial evidence.

Jake being violent with HR = circumstantial evidence

Fighting over custody and forged custody documents = circumstantial evidence.

***A boot Angie bought matches tread found at the crime scenes. Can't prove the boot she bought was used in the murders but it is = circumstantial evidence.

*** I am making up that there was a tread match, we don't know. I'm using this as an example because Jake's attorneys filed a motion to block the tread print expert from testifying, saying the prosecution does not have the Wagners' shoes. So I think they have something to hide, just opinion.***

Last edited:
Friday afternoon RJ shot his 20 year old stepson in the head, stepson transferred from Pike Adena hospital by airlift to Huntington, WV in critical condition. Passed away Saturday so charges updated from Felony Assault to Murder. RJ is in Butler County jail. He was intoxicated.

Last edited:
Friday afternoon RJ shot his 20 year old stepson in the head, stepson transferred from Pike Adena hospital by airlift to Huntington, WV in critical condition. Passed away Saturday so charges updated from Felony Assault to Murder. RJ is in Butler County jail. He was intoxicated.

This post was meant as a reply to Loomis, somehow it got messed up. :oops:

Thanks much, Caylee! I had found out some of that through FB, but not details.

Thanks much, Caylee! I had found out some of that through FB, but not details.

No problem. We had a murder/suicide in Chillicothe earlier today. Male shot female and then himself. He was deceased at scene. She was airlifted to Columbus and didn't survive. Can't say much more right now. Horrible times right now all around. Sad.

Looks like there will not be hearings on 4/15 & 4/16.

GW3:

04/14/2020 JOINT MOTION TO CONTINUE PRE-TRIAL HEARING FILED
Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...IjOGgPAcHJOJzGOw5uyD4zGB4QD5s2LSD2U9fNwxK1dIg

JW:

04/14/2020 JOINT MOTION TO CONTINUE PRETRIAL HEARING FILED
Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...6gmaaAovRNgixHIjOGgPAcHJOJ5LM4vtu2Q2nBfpDlpvp

No further dates are given yet. I'll check in the morning. Well, my morning! :)

Thanks 9er!

GW3 has been rescheduled for:
June 22, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Jake is rescheduled for:
June 22, 2020 10:00 am

It still shows GW4's last hearing date being January 21st....Humm........

No problem. We had a murder/suicide in Chillicothe earlier today. Male shot female and then himself. He was deceased at scene. She was airlifted to Columbus and didn't survive. Can't say much more right now. Horrible times right now all around. Sad.

I saw that on Scioto Valley News last night. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong