CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Think of Elaine today. I’ve been hoping to move to Malibu soon and I’ve been looking at houses out there from time to time. My heart always drops when I realize a house I’m looking at is around where she went missing.

It has been far too long since she has been discussed. Anything new? Anything at all?

It really has. I check often but never see anything new. I did however see a post just the other day about a private investigation being conducted & encouraging anyone with information to call in anonymously & still be able to collect reward money.

I follow the Up & Vanished crew on all their cases & I would love if they picked up her case

I don't think that this was a stranger abduction or even much of a mystery. I think that the person who murdered her had the right connections and enough money to get away with it. It's very difficult to put a million dollars in jail in this country.

I agree 100%. I think this case is unfortunately obvious but it will be difficult to solve as I think the answers are on that property, & without some SERIOUS proof, I think the money & the high profile will protect those involved...just my opinion though.

yea... I'm starting to think that the location where her car was found may have mislead investigators regarding the direction she went when she left the property... I there is a possibility, she was going towards the freeway to get home, but was encountered by someone before she got there... I think very soon after she left the house... And her car's location has had investigators looking in the wrong direction for her... or for what happened to her...

It has been almost 2 years since it was posted, but I just read this message and the below phrase has me a little spooked, "...going towards the freeway to get home, was encountered by someone before she got there...I think very soon after she left the house...".

As a simple exercise, maybe we can work together to flesh what could have happened "soon after she left the house..."? Let's assume the boyfriend is innocent in this scenario.

1. Elaine left the gated community of her boyfriend and was driving home around 6:00am on Saturday, January 28, 2017. It is a bit chilly that morning, maybe high 40s.
2. Elaine is driving a 3,000 pound Honda Civic on winding and hilly roads.
3. UNPROVEN ASSUMPTION: Elaine encounters someone...

Questions:
1. Who or what has the ability to stop a 3,000 pound vehicle on a dark, narrow, winding, hilly road just before sunrise? An animal, a stalker, a stopped car?
2. Is Elaine a good or bad driver? Was she driving carelessly that morning?
3. Has anyone ever been driving alone in this situation and stopped your car for something?
4. What time does that area of Calabasas get busy on a Saturday morning? Sunrise was not far away even if she got abducted right after she left.

It has been almost 2 years since it was posted, but I just read this message and the below phrase has me a little spooked, "...going towards the freeway to get home, was encountered by someone before she got there...I think very soon after she left the house...".

As a simple exercise, maybe we can work together to flesh what could have happened "soon after she left the house..."? Let's assume the boyfriend is innocent in this scenario.

1. Elaine left the gated community of her boyfriend and was driving home around 6:00am on Saturday, January 28, 2017. It is a bit chilly that morning, maybe high 40s.

Questions:
1. Who or what has the ability to stop a 3,000 pound vehicle on a dark, narrow, winding, hilly road just before sunrise? An animal, a stalker, a stopped car?
3. Has anyone ever been driving alone in this situation and stopped your car for something?
4. What time does that area of Calabasas get busy on a Saturday morning? Sunrise was not far away even if she got abducted right after she left.

IIRC earlier in the forum there was talk about a few women who were around the same area and were aggressively chased by a guy in a white SUV, and there is the shooter who shot they guy camping in the tent and some vehicles were also shot at.

Questions:

A couple people messaged me with the same answer, which they both said was obvious - SIRENS. Sirens can easily stop a 3,000 pound vehicle without damaging it unlike an animal, a fallen tree branch, a disturbed person blasting a shot gun or an aggressive car in pursuit.

Let's take a moment to imagine the below scenario (I'm not saying I believe this, but what else do we have at this point?):

Elaine is in a bit of a rush, no one is around, she wants to get home so she's driving carelessly and rolls through a stop sign. SIRENS. (Does anyone know if Elaine was a careless driver?)

The two sheriff deputies that stopped Elaine for a legitimate moving violation change their plans. As Elaine fits their desired profile, they quickly decide to abduct her. They don't even have to use force because they use authority. She's in the back seat, it's dark, no one can see her.

They're cops so definitely savvy enough to dump the car in the right spot, not leave prints, leave all her stuff and get out of there before the sun comes up. No need to call an Uber or walk after dumping the car because your partner is right there waiting for you. Dump the car, take the victim.

Would you put Law Enforcement on the potential list of suspects? Would you really believe that there is a duo of serial killers working at the local police station, that over the years, abducted Mitrice Richardson, Elaine Park and god knows who else?

There are so many glaring holes in this improbable theory, but it's not 100% outlandish. For people who know the area, could something like this happen on a Saturday morning at ~6am in late January on the roads that Elaine would have been traveling immediately after leaving the gated community?

If we rule out the boyfriend and a willing disappearance then it may be some kind of habitual offender. I wonder what other victims there might be?

If we rule out the boyfriend and a willing disappearance then it may be some kind of habitual offender. I wonder what other victims there might be?
I have a hard time believing she would leave all of her belongings inside her unlocked car and just leave. I'm leaning more towards something like an accidental death covered up. Her last known location in Calabasas is connected to a celebrity.

I have a hard time believing she would leave all of her belongings inside her unlocked car and just leave. I'm leaning more towards something like an accidental death covered up. Her last known location in Calabasas is connected to a celebrity.

If we were to rule that celeb bf out though (either murder or OD coverup), and rule out she left voluntarily (say to commit self harm), then one of the other options is a habitual offender (maybe a serial killer, or maybe a tormentor or rapist who doesn’t always kill) I liked NateG’s post about the potential it’s a rouge cop/s in the Calabasas area and about Matrice Richardson.

If there are other victims connecting those dots together may unearth the clues we need.

I wonder if where her car was found is along the only route she would use to get home. If something happened to her along another route home, then it would be easy for someone to see her address on her license and drop the car off on an alt route to home. Maybe a lot further location than the actual crime scene.

I wonder if where her car was found is along the only route she would use to get home. If something happened to her along another route home, then it would be easy for someone to see her address on her license and drop the car off on an alt route to home. Maybe a lot further location than the actual crime scene.
She left Calabasas and, if she was going home (which seems to be what makes the most sense), the location where her car was found is actually completely out of the way. She lived in La Crescenta, there was no reason for her car to be on the PCH.

She left Calabasas and, if she was going home (which seems to be what makes the most sense), the location where her car was found is actually completely out of the way. She lived in La Crescenta, there was no reason for her car to be on the PCH.

This is very true. The car was found in a location completely out of the way in a situation where Elaine intended to drive home to La Crescenta. If you look on Google Maps street view, you can see the exact location by searching "Malibu Beach RV Park". Elaine's car was found almost directly across the street from the entrance of the MB RV Park, on the shoulder. The location was perfect in terms of dumping a car in a place that would have no cameras, few witnesses, no houses and a largely transient population at any given moment (RVs, tourists in cars).

The one thing I don't quite understand is that if you dump a car where Elaine's was found, you can't exactly jog back to your car near the boyfriend's house, assuming Elaine was taken in that vicinity. Even if you did, where is Elaine the whole time you're dumping her car? There has to be a partner.

To me, there's not many people who can disappear another human being and dump her car with such skill, leaving behind so few clues. You have to know what you're doing.

This is very true. The car was found in a location completely out of the way in a situation where Elaine intended to drive home to La Crescenta. If you look on Google Maps street view, you can see the exact location by searching "Malibu Beach RV Park". Elaine's car was found almost directly across the street from the entrance of the MB RV Park, on the shoulder. The location was perfect in terms of dumping a car in a place that would have no cameras, few witnesses, no houses and a largely transient population at any given moment (RVs, tourists in cars).

The one thing I don't quite understand is that if you dump a car where Elaine's was found, you can't exactly jog back to your car near the boyfriend's house, assuming Elaine was taken in that vicinity. Even if you did, where is Elaine the whole time you're dumping her car? There has to be a partner.

To me, there's not many people who can disappear another human being and dump her car with such skill, leaving behind so few clues. You have to know what you're doing.
Elaine and the guy took a uber to go to the movies with a bunch of cars available at that home, including hers. The car situation is weird. If she wasn't the one who left the car there (which, I don't really believe it was her), then it couldn't have been someone alone. Whoever did it, had help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back