Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every cop I've ever known, tends to sort of side-eye everything.
Meaning, they'll listen to what you say and they'll also listen to what you're not saying.
So yes, I can say without a doubt, at least some of the LE that were initially looking into this Monday, suspected there might be more to the story, or that she might have been entirely full of carp.
But, they have to take the report at face value.
At least at first.

jmo
I agree. We all knew right away he didn’t run away. They have to treat it as such but I’m sure, if we knew, they knew.

Haaaaaaa. She isn’t smart enough to understand “net profit.”

If she was searching for what she could get for her car, she’d probably type in something like “wut they gimme for used Volkswagen?”

Did you mean “wut.they.gimme.for.used. Volkswagen.if.i.smile.and.pose.for.salesman?" :confused:

The only reason I want to know what happened is to simply hear WHY.

For her to explain (although I expect she will NEVER be honest about any of it) why she did what she did. How on earth can someone DO something like this. If she never admits to any of it, I'm 100% okay not knowing all the details I think. But then I think I need to know because it is worse not knowing because my mind takes me to such hurtful places but every time I hear a new detail it ends up worse than I imagined. :(

Someone on SM made an image of Gannon and some other children who endured the worst at the hands of people who were supposed to care for them and I just lost it. I just don't understand this kind of evil. So, so unbelievably heart breaking. My father worked in the health and human services division of a state at the highest level and regularly had to read incident reports of abuse of children and elderly. He said some of what he read was worse that what he saw during Vietnam and that it was enough to make you want to curl up and die. The only thing he said that made it possible to get out of bed every day was hoping he could help.

He knows about me following this case and said from his own experience, it is almost always the step-parent or caregiver. :( He said that is always who they looked at first. But I don't think I'm telling you anything we don't already know just from being here....

Please thank your dad for his work. As a civilized society, we sure seem to fail our most vulnerable too often. I was following the Faye Swetlik case and the baby Evelyn case, when I heard about this case. All 3 turned out just horrible.

Wednesday, January 29th, 2020

9:00 A.M.

Rental Kia Rio returned the morning of January 29, 2020

Letecia was picked up by someone driving the White Jetta (presumably Harley)

11:30 a.m.

Surveillance video catches Tiguan at the Car Wash with potential blood on the black bumper

12:00 p.m.

Letecia arrives at EPSO office for an interview with detectives, two hours late

Letecia brings several pieces of paper with her, with notes for an interview with detectives

The Tiguan, Letecia’s vehicle, was wet

During the interview:

Letecia claims she was held at gunpoint, raped by a Hispanic male named Eguardo and Gannon was abducted by male after he finished raping her

Claims man was in the basement when she came home 01/27, allowed her to greet Laina

Claims man raped Letecia between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Claims she may have hit her head and she blacked out

Claims Gannon jumped on rapist’s back

Claims rapist threw Gannon across the room, held him at gunpoint and demanded suitcase and cardboard box

Claims she cleaned up the area

Detectives offer Letecia a rape exam, she denies it

Detectives seize Letecia’s phone

End of interview, Letecia sticks tissues down her pants, claiming chest pain and shortness of breath

Letecia transported to the hospital

VW Tiguan seized from Letecia

Letecia leaves the hospital without telling investigators

Picked up by an unknown person and seen reunited with her daughter Harley several miles away

Unknown time

Investigators find multiple carpet brushes with suspected carpet fibers on them in the dishwasher at the Stauch residence.

Investigators locate an empty gallon of vinegar.

Letecia rents a 2020 Nissan Altima, investigators put a GPS tracking device on it.

2:14 p.m.

Letecia texts Nicole (homeowner?)

LS: “When we came back inside from the smoke there was blood on both of us. I didn’t know what to do. I was scared I would get (unknown word) out about it and I don’t know if he should go to the doctor. I kept trying to add the candle thing but Albert kept saying it was small and minor. I was scared the basement was smoky and when I threw the cover everything we both had blood.”

LS: “You don’t understand how it is to be a stepmom”
Released affidavit reveals information on Gannon Stauch murder

This text message appears to be TS explaining the candle incident.
This^^^ is exactly what I've been referencing.

I don’t know. I’m one of those people who puts periods in when I mean to put spaces.

The searches are weird regardless of if she was using voice to text or not. Even if you use your voice, she uses Google like a child would (oddly specific searches).
Yes. I use voice to text a lot, but I still phrase the searches the same. I wouldn't expect good results with her oddly specific searches / conversation.

Gannon's bed and room are in the basement. The video was taken on the street level floor, so if he's near a bed as you say. It would be the master bedroom which is not the crime scene.
I agree with ya & knew his was in the basement but with it all dark (seeing the kitchen clearer on the other copy of the video) I just had it in my brain she ran down the stairs as hyped up as she was. I agree I think he is indeed in the master bedroom (makes sense for the lie told to LiaS after school now huh). I seen a bed, dresser & him in this video (I thought).

It had to have been a doctored video. And from the horrified comments here, I think many saw the same fake video because I saw the same thing as you.
I think all versions of the video are real but edited minus the original. My son works in a ummmm official branch & specializes in IT. I’ve watch him do clippings many times & you can tell she tried her deceiving hands at it.

The more I learn about the monster, I find myself baffled sometimes wondering how AS lived with her for 5 years. IMO
bbm
I totally agree !

5 years is enough time to see what a person is and if the children were being mistreated.
We only 'know' LS through this forum, her public statements, and the AA; and we can hardly stand to read her BS.
A person married to her would've known her much more in depth.

There are questions I want to ask but have tried to refrain out of respect for a person who lost his child.
But questions remain.

My thoughts on the “bring 2” audio in the beginning: it sounds like the recording started in the middle of a word. I’m not sure if we’re hearing the word “bring”, or the end of another word. The video with the youtuber’s captions repeating that phrase 3 times makes it hard to listen objectively.
The first time I played the video I only listened to the audio with my Beats headphones. I heard room two I don't know what to do, but that doesn't make a bit of sense.

I initially refrained from playing the video because I knew it would be heartbreaking to hear, but I decided to take one for the team. I grew up in Dillon, SC, which is on the border of NC/SC and adjacent to Robeson County. I've been around people who speak in a similar manner or accent all my life, including members of the Lumbee community. I thought I might be able to discern what she said... but no such luck.

This is what I heard during the rest of the video:

T: Gannon.
T: I promise this is the last time I'm gonna ask you. I'm just freaked out, okay? Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose?
G: I didn't. (Crying)
T: Okay. You promise?
G: I did not do it on purpose. (Crying)
T: You promise. Pinky promise.
G: Pinky. (Crying)
T: Okay, all right. So, listen.
T: Listen, all right. We're gonna have to sell stuff to fix it. Okay?
T: Okay. So, we gotta figure out what we gotta sell. We can sell the sofa. We can sell (pause) whatever cuz we gotta get it fixed so the lady don't be mad at us and kick us out of the house. Okay?
G: A loud cough or clearing throat noise (Crying)
T: You got it?
G: Crying.

The first time I played the video I only listened to the audio with my Beats headphones. I heard room two I don't know what to do, but that doesn't make a bit of sense.

I initially refrained from playing the video because I knew it would be heartbreaking to hear, but I decided to take one for the team. I grew up in Dillon, SC, which is on the border of NC/SC and adjacent to Robeson County. I've been around people who speak in a similar manner or accent all my life, including members of the Lumbee community. I thought I might be able to discern what she said... but no such luck.

This is what I heard during the rest of the video:

T: Gannon.
T: I promise this is the last time I'm gonna ask you. I'm just freaked out, okay? Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose?
G: I didn't. (Crying)
T: Okay. You promise?
G: I did not do it on purpose. (Crying)
T: You promise. Pinky promise.
G: Pinky. (Crying)
T: Okay, all right. So, listen.
T: Listen, all right. We're gonna have to sell stuff to fix it. Okay?
T: Okay. So, we gotta figure out what we gotta sell. We can sell the sofa. We can sell (pause) whatever cuz we gotta get it fixed so the lady don't be mad at us and kick us out of the house. Okay?
G: A loud cough or clearing throat noise (Crying)
T: You got it?
G: Crying.

T: I promise this is the last time I'm gonna ask you...
That sounds like she had been repeating the question over and over until she had him replying the way that she wanted, before she taped him.

My thoughts on the “bring 2” audio in the beginning: it sounds like the recording started in the middle of a word. I’m not sure if we’re hearing the word “bring”, or the end of another word. The video with the youtuber’s captions repeating that phrase 3 times makes it hard to listen objectively.
I don't hear "bring." I have played it over and over in varying speeds and to me it sounds like she is saying "There's." And you are correct, telling people what it says makes it hard to listen subjectively.

Surveillance video catches Tiguan at the Car Wash with potential blood on the black bumper

Letecia brings several pieces of paper with her, with notes for an interview with detectives

During the interview:

Letecia claims she was held at gunpoint, raped by a Hispanic male named Eguardo and Gannon was abducted by male after he finished raping her

Claims man was in the basement when she came home 01/27, allowed her to greet Laina

Claims rapist threw Gannon across the room, held him at gunpoint and demanded suitcase and cardboard box

End of interview, Letecia sticks tissues down her pants, claiming chest pain and shortness of breath

Picked up by an unknown person and seen reunited with her daughter Harley several miles away

Unknown time

Investigators find multiple carpet brushes with suspected carpet fibers on them in the dishwasher at the Stauch residence.

Letecia rents a 2020 Nissan Altima, investigators put a GPS tracking device on it.

LS: “When we came back inside from the smoke there was blood on both of us. I didn’t know what to do. I was scared I would get (unknown word) out about it and I don’t know if he should go to the doctor. I kept trying to add the candle thing but Albert kept saying it was small and minor. I was scared the basement was smoky and when I threw the cover everything we both had blood.”

As far as we know, no smoke alarm was triggered so if it even happened it must have been minor.

T: I promise this is the last time I'm gonna ask you...
That sounds like she had been repeating the question over and over until she had him replying the way that she wanted, before she taped him.
I said this back when the video was off limits, but I think the video was taken after an act of violence.

So he burns the carpet (or whatever), and she loses her cool and attacks him, then she deflects by videoing him basically apologizing for what he did.

She’s putting the responsibility back on him, despite her reaction not only being overblown, but criminal.

“You owe me an apology for making me lose my temper. I’m not in the wrong, you are.”

ETA: I think this video was meant for Al, as she knew there would be repercussions. She wanted the focus on what he did, and not on what she did. “Look at the video, and not at what Gannon tells you.”

Last edited:

During the interview:

Unknown time

Wow, that text to Nicole was 2 1/4 hours after she went to her police interview? Pretty short interview, considering that included a trip to the hospital.

"I kept trying to add the candle thing, but Albert kept saying it was small and minor." -- Deflecting again...AS was blowing the whole incident off -- it's HIS fault.

It is interesting that I've listened to a podcast with AS's brother (supposedly), and he maintains that there was a fire/smoke incident, but was not at liberty to say more.

I cannot imagine an incident with fire that would leave two people with blood on them. Unless Gannon was pushed into a piece of furniture head-first in a panic to extinguish the fire. But he wasn't bleeding Monday morning, or there probably would have been blood found in the truck. Who knows?

bbm
I totally agree !

5 years is enough time to see what a person is and if the children were being mistreated.
We only 'know' LS through this forum, her public statements, and the AA; and we can hardly stand to read her BS.
A person married to her would've known her much more in depth.

There are questions I want to ask but have tried to refrain out of respect for a person who lost his child.
But questions remain.

I agree. Many questions. And, personally, I think that attacking AS will be LS's main strategy at trial (some version of the abused woman defense - the google searches will support that). She will attempt to get mercy in sentencing (it won't work, but I do think that's what she'll try).

I doubt there's any evidence whatsoever that LS was physically abused, but she'll claim psychological abuse or something like that. Even though she goes to prison for the rest of her life, she will attach her story to a cause that's popular in order to gain status and friends inside of prison.

This reeks of desperation, I guess this is the usual antics by a desperate defense team: Attack the Legal System. IMO

New court document added to website.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/D-8 Order Denying Request for Hearing for Sanctions.pdf

The defense requested a hearing to impose sanctions against the DA's office for allegedly violating the court ordered gag order.

....for the leaking by an overseas newspaper's that Gannon's body had been found in a suitcase. (they claim the paper's source was LE which was under gag order).

….the redacted version of the probable cause affidavit was not sealed, and instead was accessible to the public.

DENIED.MEAGER.DENIED.MEAGER.DENIED.
Judge's Response: Defendant did not file any supporting affidavits setting forth any specific facts regarding conduct attributable to the District Attorney’s Office or any other parties that are the subject of the O-1 Order. Defense counsel is free to continue its investigation but based on this meager record, the Court declines to take further action at this time. As such, Defendant Stauch’s Motion for Hearing on Sanctions for Violation of Court Order is DENIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998