Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC she gave them permission to search.
I would think if they did have suspicion there was something not adding up on 1/27 it was that LS was downplaying the severity of the fight she and Gannon had before he took off.

MOO they did a thorough search, including opening all doors of all vehicles and looking inside and bending down to see under the vehicle and through the footwells and they still might have missed the suitcase in the Tiguan.
A YTer talked about the space in the third seat footwell, and so after watching commercial video reviews for the 7 seat Tiguan it is easy to see that the third row footwell space can have a gap space with the seat row down and the hatch floor cover positioned forward.

MOO however if the suitcase was seen officers anywhere vehicle or house they would naturally think, "was this kid packed up and he didn't take it?" and want to look in it. Though possibly LS could have been present during the search and casually explain the suitcase was for a trip blah blah.

IMO there is a possibility of LS using temporary place to put Gannon on 1/27 for the night away from the home probably before HH returned with LaiS at 5:34pm but at least before the call to the 911 at 6:55 p.m.

A 90lb suitcase is not very easy to move over rough ground and probably strains the structure of the case.
If she did use temporary concealment on the evening of 1/27,
MOO she would select a simple place such as pull off that was on the way to the airport.

I think there's no way they opened vehicles without a warrant. I sure hope not. It's not in the AA and I believe the AA would have mentioned it. IMO.

I also don't think Gannon weighed 90 pounds (plus clothing plus weight of suitcase).

I don't think it's natural to think an 11 year old kid would pack a full sized suitcase at all. Kids, when they do run away, typically take a backpack, IME. They are upset at the time. Gannon is said not to have taken his backpack (by Letecia, so who knows for sure - but I bet his backpack was still in his room).

Your guess about temporary placement is a good one, although so far, LE hasn't suggested such a location - instead, they seem to have evidence from northern CoS, the very places that LS was exploring on that Monday.

It's so weird that she spent 4 hours scouting either a place to murder Gannon or to hide his body. Right now, we only have guesses as to what she was up to. I think she did plan to murder Gannon outside of the house, attempting to make it look like he ran away, got abducted and then was murdered. She went to GoG the day before, realized that was way too crowded. Next day went to Palmer Lake, not realizing it too is not remote. She couldn't find a remote place where she could take Gannon out of the car and march him off into the woods or into ravines - without being seen.

This reeks of desperation, I guess this is the usual antics by a desperate defense team: Attack the Legal System. IMO

New court document added to website.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/D-8 Order Denying Request for Hearing for Sanctions.pdf

The defense requested a hearing to impose sanctions against the DA's office for allegedly violating the court ordered gag order.

....for the leaking by an overseas newspaper's that Gannon's body had been found in a suitcase. (they claim the paper's source was LE which was under gag order).

….the redacted version of the probable cause affidavit was not sealed, and instead was accessible to the public.

DENIED.MEAGER.DENIED.MEAGER.DENIED.
Judge's Response: Defendant did not file any supporting affidavits setting forth any specific facts regarding conduct attributable to the District Attorney’s Office or any other parties that are the subject of the O-1 Order. Defense counsel is free to continue its investigation but based on this meager record, the Court declines to take further action at this time. As such, Defendant Stauch’s Motion for Hearing on Sanctions for Violation of Court Order is DENIED.
Basically, “go pound sand.”

So what did we learn here?

Gannon’s body was in fact found in a suitcase as if it wasn’t, then there couldn’t have been a “leak.”

^^^^ Thank You! Myself. I try to keep up with LH’s post on sm, and find myself getting angry at the less than human person responsible for hurting sweet Gannon and his whole family.
Same. I try to visit her page every so often and admire her so much. But more often than not I just end up crying. I just hurt so bad for that sweet child. And LH, AS his baby sisters and his family...frankly I'm surprised I'm still so emotional after so long.

I think there's no way they opened vehicles without a warrant. I sure hope not. It's not in the AA and I believe the AA would have mentioned it. IMO.

I also don't think Gannon weighed 90 pounds (plus clothing plus weight of suitcase).

I don't think it's natural to think an 11 year old kid would pack a full sized suitcase at all. Kids, when they do run away, typically take a backpack, IME. They are upset at the time. Gannon is said not to have taken his backpack (by Letecia, so who knows for sure - but I bet his backpack was still in his room).

Your guess about temporary placement is a good one, although so far, LE hasn't suggested such a location - instead, they seem to have evidence from northern CoS, the very places that LS was exploring on that Monday.

It's so weird that she spent 4 hours scouting either a place to murder Gannon or to hide his body. Right now, we only have guesses as to what she was up to. I think she did plan to murder Gannon outside of the house, attempting to make it look like he ran away, got abducted and then was murdered. She went to GoG the day before, realized that was way too crowded. Next day went to Palmer Lake, not realizing it too is not remote. She couldn't find a remote place where she could take Gannon out of the car and march him off into the woods or into ravines - without being seen.
As to the Bolded, She gave them permission to search. Would she seriously say BUT NOT THE CAR? I'd really be surprised if that was the case. They just didn't search it or he wasn't in the car. JMO

This reeks of desperation, I guess this is the usual antics by a desperate defense team: Attack the Legal System. IMO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/D-8 Order Denying Request for Hearing for Sanctions.pdf

The defense requested a hearing to impose sanctions against the DA's office for allegedly violating the court ordered gag order.

....for the leaking by an overseas newspaper's that Gannon's body had been found in a suitcase. (they claim the paper's source was LE which was under gag order).

….the redacted version of the probable cause affidavit was not sealed, and instead was accessible to the public.

Judge's Response: Defendant did not file any supporting affidavits setting forth any specific facts regarding conduct attributable to the District Attorney’s Office or any other parties that are the subject of the O-1 Order. Defense counsel is free to continue its investigation but based on this meager record, the Court declines to take further action at this time. As such, Defendant Stauch’s Motion for Hearing on Sanctions for Violation of Court Order is DENIED.

Somewhere upthread someone (sorry I can't remember) said that hopefully the defense would give her as fair a trial as possible without actually going the extra mile for her. I need a legal person to tell me if this is standard or "above and beyond" for this subhuman. I know, I know we NEED defense lawyers, but there is no way I could work on this monster's behalf. I'd quit and go teach somewhere first.

I said this back when the video was off limits, but I think the video was taken after an act of violence.

So he burns the carpet (or whatever), and she loses her cool and attacks him, then she deflects by videoing him basically apologizing for what he did.

She’s putting the responsibility back on him, despite her reaction not only being overblown, but criminal.

“You owe me an apology for making me lose my temper. I’m not in the wrong, you are.”

ETA: I think this video was meant for Al, as she knew there would be repercussions. She wanted the focus on what he did, and not on what she did. “Look at the video, and not at what Gannon tells you.”

"See what a wonderful step-parent I am to your kid, Al?"

"I went above and beyond to reassure GS that we would do whatever it takes, up to and including selling the furniture, to fix his monumentally huge and unforgivable transgression of damaging a little bit of carpet."

"I even made sure he knew that we'd figure out a way to stop the landlord from kicking us all us out of the house because of his inexcusable actions."

This evil moron has absolutely no clue how vile she sounds, or how abhorrent her actions reveal her to be.

She actually believed that video would exonerate her in the court of public opinion.
Like Frazee, all of her attempts to cover her tracks have a boomerang effect.
All of her actions lead to the finger of guilt pointing directly back at her.

She's grotesque.

Too bad Colorado won't do their part to save the planet by wiping TS off of it.

They should be sticking a needle in her to make sure she's done.

I guess a fork will have to do, instead.

Better yet, make it a pitchfork.

JMO.

Last edited:

MOO I think they found Tiguan historical cell tower data of her local scouting trips, one of which was possibly along Goldfield Rd. which is a kind of short cut to the airport from Mandan and goes right by Big Johnson Reservoir.
MOO EPSO was methodically searching her relavant Tiguan excursions.
They were searching in the Lorson Ranch, Jimmy Creek and BJ Reservoir area up to the weekend of 2/8 and then MOO the Altima data came back and they saw two trips to 105. (1\28 and 1/31)
EPSO packed up for southern Douglas County and were searching that area by 2/12.

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but I wonder if it’s a possibility LS was using drugs to cope with her stressful life as a stepmother. If the carpet was ever supposedly burnt then it may have even been LS herself dropping drug paraphernalia on the carpet or something, and she was trying to blame Gannon but he wasn’t admitting to something he didn’t do. Not saying this exact scenario but if we learnt there was drug use she was trying to hide, it would make sense because her behaviour from day one has been absolutely bizarre and indifferent. Of course she’s a stone cold psychopath so there’s that aswell. MOO

ETA: is discussion of the carpet event now allowed? Sorry if it’s not please let me know and I will remove!

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but I wonder if it’s a possibility LS was using drugs to cope with her stressful life as a stepmother. If the carpet was ever supposedly burnt then it may have even been LS herself dropping drug paraphernalia on the carpet or something, and she was trying to blame Gannon but he wasn’t admitting to something he didn’t do. Not saying this exact scenario but if we learnt there was drug use she was trying to hide, it would make sense because her behaviour from day one has been absolutely bizarre and indifferent. Of course she’s a stone cold psychopath so there’s that aswell. MOO

ETA: is discussion of the carpet event now allowed? Sorry if it’s not please let me know and I will remove!

To me, it makes the most sense if she attacked him because of something he did.

If she was the cause of the damage, then it makes less sense to me. That probably wouldn’t cause the (probable) emotional outburst and abuse, that set the ball in motion.

And yes, the carpet/candle video is approved discussion now.

It was Landen's aunt that publicly leaked the suitcase info, not the Da's office.
Pathethic.

MOO I think they found Tiguan historical cell tower data of her local scouting trips, one of which was possibly along Goldfield Rd. which is a kind of short cut to the airport from Mandan and goes right by Big Johnson Reservoir.
MOO EPSO was methodically searching her relavant Tiguan excursions.
They were searching in the Lorson Ranch, Jimmy Creek and BJ Reservoir area up to the weekend of 2/8 and then MOO the Altima data came back and they saw two trips to 105. (1\28 and 1/31)
EPSO packed up for southern Douglas County and were searching that area by 2/12.
Thx for this, it seems logical. LE wasn't searching those areas for no reason. Puzzle pieces will fall in place, eventually..

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Nobody leaked any information to The Sun. The suitcase "rumor" has been around since the beginning.

Those tabloids can do a lot of damage when they hint they got information from a "reliable LE source," or a "source close to the investigation." Most of the time their "sources" are just SM or other news articles.

Imo

I said this back when the video was off limits, but I think the video was taken after an act of violence.

So he burns the carpet (or whatever), and she loses her cool and attacks him, then she deflects by videoing him basically apologizing for what he did.

She’s putting the responsibility back on him, despite her reaction not only being overblown, but criminal.

“You owe me an apology for making me lose my temper. I’m not in the wrong, you are.”

ETA: I think this video was meant for Al, as she knew there would be repercussions. She wanted the focus on what he did, and not on what she did. “Look at the video, and not at what Gannon tells you.”
Yes, she wanted to focus on Gannon's unintentional mishap, blow it all out of proportion, not her act of brutality.

To me, it makes the most sense if she attacked him because of something he did.

If she was the cause of the damage, then it makes less sense to me. That probably wouldn’t cause the (probable) emotional outburst and abuse, that set the ball in motion.

And yes, the carpet/candle video is approved discussion now.
I wonder if Gannon's stomach issues annoyed her and he actually was feeling sick on Sunday.

She was due to continue orientation the next day for her new job. Maybe she was not yet aware that she was being let go. If she did lose it and hurt him that night she probably blamed him for it and considered it his fault that she would lose her job because she had to stay home with him.

She seemed so consumed with anger and resentment by that time. It would not have taken much to trigger her.

In her rage filled mind she probably thought that killing Gannon would be the one thing that would hurt AS and LH the worst. Since her life was falling apart she was determined to destroy theirs.

Imo

LE’s gaslighting her. They know if G returned or not on Monday. RD’s recording not only has video, it has audio. Truck doors make noise when you open n close them.

6396.gif

If HH “isn’t talking,” she must know a lot.

imo
Bam!!!!!!!

IIRC she gave them permission to search.
I would think if they did have suspicion there was something not adding up on 1/27 it was that LS was downplaying the severity of the fight she and Gannon had before he took off.

MOO they did a thorough search, including opening all doors of all vehicles and looking inside and bending down to see under the vehicle and through the footwells and they still might have missed the suitcase in the Tiguan.
A YTer talked about the space in the third seat footwell, and so after watching commercial video reviews for the 7 seat Tiguan it is easy to see that the third row footwell space can have a gap space with the seat row down and the hatch floor cover positioned forward.

MOO however if the suitcase was seen officers anywhere vehicle or house they would naturally think, "was this kid packed up and he didn't take it?" and want to look in it. Though possibly LS could have been present during the search and casually explain the suitcase was for a trip blah blah.

IMO there is a possibility of LS using temporary place to put Gannon on 1/27 for the night away from the home probably before HH returned with LaiS at 5:34pm but at least before the call to the 911 at 6:55 p.m.

A 90lb suitcase is not very easy to move over rough ground and probably strains the structure of the case.
If she did use temporary concealment on the evening of 1/27,
MOO she would select a simple place such as pull off that was on the way to the airport.

BBM

I own a 7 seat Tiguan and I can tell you without a doubt that there is no room for anything in the footwell of the 3rd row. There is so little space in that third row that my 2 younger kids, (both of whom are under 4'6" cry every time they sit back there because there is no room for their legs/feet. Not sure what year TS's Tiguan is off the top of my head, but mine is a 2019. There is actually VERY little space in the car when the 3rd row is up. I personally don't think a suitcase would fit down there.

BBM

I own a 7 seat Tiguan and I can tell you without a doubt that there is no room for anything in the footwell of the 3rd row. There is so little space in that third row that my 2 younger kids, (both of whom are under 4'6" cry every time they sit back there because there is no room for their legs/feet. Not sure what year TS's Tiguan is off the top of my head, but mine is a 2019. There is actually VERY little space in the car when the 3rd row is up. I personally don't think a suitcase would fit down there.
Does yours have one of those trunk covers? Because this all makes a hell of a lot more sense if law enforcement could look in the windows but still not see Gannon’s body (either in a suitcase or otherwise).

Does yours have one of those trunk covers? Because this all makes a hell of a lot more sense if law enforcement could look in the windows but still not see Gannon’s body (either in a suitcase or otherwise).

Yes it does. It is a piece that you can completely remove, or leave stored in the car and retracted. But you can ONLY use it with the 3rd row down.

I have not seen any reports of her having the 3rd row in her car as it does not come standard but is an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88