Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1427
http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1427.html
NamUs UP 4369 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4369

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on August 28, 1980 at 22000 Saddle Peak Rd., Malibu (Los Angeles County), California

Partial Skeleton

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 22-32 years old
Approximate Height: 5'3".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde/Strawberry hair.
Clothing: Black knit tank top; long satin purple skirt; panty hose.
Jewelry: Scarab design ring with black stone; yellow metal ring with white stone; yellow metal angle chain.
Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was located in Los Angeles County, California on August 28, 1980.

I don't know what Debra Lynn Kidwell was wearing when LKA, but she fits this Jane Doe spot-on for all other metrics:

kidwell_debra.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kidwell_debra.html

*****Debra KidwellJane Doe UP4369Comparison
2622-32Within Range
Height:​
5 Feet 3 inches5 Feet 3 inchesMatch
Hair Color:​
BlondeBlondeMatch
Date LKA/Discovery Date:​
4-May-197928-Aug-1980 (Partial Skeleton)15 Months
Loc LKA/Discovery Loc:​
VenturaTopanga Canyon46 Miles

Debra Kidwell doesn't have a MP casefile in NamUs, so I created one (MP24298), and sent an e-mail to Carrie Southerland and Daniel Machian to see if these two cases can be compared.

Saddle Peak Road? Wonder whether she was one of Alcala's victims. I seem to recall someone saying he liked places with a view.

I just talked to Daniel Machian to follow up on this case, and two others.

He says that he he has a call out to LE in charge of Debra Kidwell's case to try to obtain identifiers on her. As of yet, they have not gotten back to him.

I looked at Debra Kidwell's NamUs just now, and her record says that she has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints all entered. DNA even says that tests have been run.

I looked at Debra Kidwell's NamUs just now, and her record says that she has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints all entered. DNA even says that tests have been run.

They don't have DNA or fingerprints on the Jane Doe, so DNA or fingerprints on Debra Kidwell would be useless with regard to this UP.

You would think with dentals entered on both cases, you might be able to get a comparison. Perhaps this is one of those "Inconclusive" cases that require a manual look at x-rays by a Forensic Odontologist.

The UID's Namus hasn't been updated since April 2014, about when we were discussing her. No photos of her jewelry, no ruleouts, no reconstruction, nothing.

They don't have DNA or fingerprints on the Jane Doe, so DNA or fingerprints on Debra Kidwell would be useless with regard to this UP.

You would think with dentals entered on both cases, you might be able to get a comparison. Perhaps this is one of those "Inconclusive" cases that require a manual look at x-rays by a Forensic Odontologist.

Do you think it's worth following up on this one? It looks like such a high possibility of being a match. Or do you think that they haven't gotten back to you because it's not a match?

CarlK I bet you're really busy so I am happy to follow up and resubmit this if you think it's worth it?

FYI, below is the response I received from the LA coroner when I submitted Kidwell & UP4369 earlier this year.

---
The dental records for MP KIDWELL (MP 24298) do not appear to MATCH the dental records of UP 4369.

Based on this information MP KIDWELL does not appear to be UP 4369.

Thank you,

Inv. xxxxxxxxx
Los Angeles Dept. of Medical Examiner-Coroner
Identifications Section

FYI, below is the response I received from the LA coroner when I submitted Kidwell & UP4369 earlier this year.

---
The dental records for MP KIDWELL (MP 24298) do not appear to MATCH the dental records of UP 4369.

Thank you,

Inv. xxxxxxxxx
Identifications Section

It says Kidwell was last seen with her young twins Joshua and Jackson. Did they disappear as well? If so, is there any evidence of them in Namus? I also wondered if she was escaping a domestic violence situation. It is interesting that there are so many rule outs for UP matches in Virginia.

It says Kidwell was last seen with her young twins Joshua and Jackson. Did they disappear as well? If so, is there any evidence of them in Namus? I also wondered if she was escaping a domestic violence situation. It is interesting that there are so many rule outs for UP matches in Virginia.

A couple of years ago Virginia made a concerted effort to match all their unidentified and missing people. They checked everybody against all the possible matches--which other jurisdictions may have done. What's unusual is that they actually marked them so everybody could see the results. I wish everybody would do that.

---

Thank you,

Inv. xxxxxxxxx
Identifications Section
Debra Kidwell is still the only ruleout.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back