CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously there is no way to know for certain as RCMP has not given us that information.

But just my opinion is that it seems highly likely that is in fact the case.

It makes sense as far as the limited timeline that we have and the fact that he was headed south towards Enfield on Hwy 2 and apprehended a very short time latter
At first I thought it might be someone out jogging and then, in terror, sprints away. But it doesn't look like a road to jog along?

IDK.

jmo

That contradicts other reports that is was victim Joey Webber's silver Chevy Tracker. Or maybe he took 2 silver SUVs along the way? Either way Gina and Joey were both senselessly killed by this monster.

He was seen in his fake car close to 11am, I can't see how he would have time to kill and steal two separate times before they caught up with him at the gas station a few minutes later - they had him by about 11:15am.

>Joey was killed. The gunman took the silver Chevy Tracker Joey had been driving.<

The anatomy of failure: How and why the emergency alert system was not activated when a mass murderer was roaming around Nova Scotia

The only way all the pieces fit is if he left the crash scene in Joey Webber's silver Chevy Tracker, then switched to Gina Goulet's Mazda 3 just a few minutes later. I wonder how close the crash scene was to Gina Goulet's denture clinic or home? Could he have gone there (or back there) to switch cars?

The only way all the pieces fit is if he left the crash scene in Joey Webber's silver Chevy Tracker, then switched to Gina Goulet's Mazda 3 just a few minutes later. I wonder how close the crash scene was to Gina Goulet's denture clinic or home? Could he have gone there (or back there) to switch cars?
Welcome to WS Kent

At first I thought it might be someone out jogging and then, in terror, sprints away. But it doesn't look like a road to jog along?

IDK.

jmo

Yah I originally wondered that as well, but it makes sense that he likely had to have carjacked someone to get away from the crash scene. When you add in the time that the person posted the images and video to SM long before MSM picked it up.Coupled with the distance and time he was reportedly apprehended , It certainly seems like the times coincide with having escaped in civilian vehicle and driving south to the Irving Big stop in Enfield JMO.

It just makes sense with the details that are available IMO

The vehicle that he was apprehended in was a Mazda 3 of a darker color, looks greyish brown to me
upload_2020-4-22_21-22-51.png
upload_2020-4-22_21-23-35.png

Based on the placement of vehicles in that video, and that it was reported the killer rammed Constable Heidi Stevenson's vehicle before murdering her, I would agree that video is likely what transpired once LE showed up and that is likely him running.

Yah that very well may be. Either way there was an accident and both car were disabled, Burned and she was murdered. My point was that he didn't flee in Officer Stevenson's vehicle like some flaky publications have written. JMO

Lisa is the name of a woman he worked with at his denture clinic, according to google reviews. I wonder if it's the same Lisa.

Can’t be the same person as Lisa McCully was a well respected teacher.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...ting-appreciated-the-wonder-of-life-1.5539585
“McCully was a teacher at Debert Elementary School in Debert, N.S.

Social media posts describe how the 49-year-old woman made lasting connections with her students and colleagues. She took her role beyond academia and into that of a spiritual leader who brought lessons of gratitude, kindness, compassion and respect into the classroom.

"She was an incredibly positive person whose love of life and children brightened the day of anyone who came in contact with her," the school's principal, Scott Armstrong, said in a statement....”

That is a video of one of the scenes, it is the officer being moved away from the burning cars and or the man who stopped to help being pulled from his pickup. Being from NS, I hope the families don't see it.

I'm not sure how much we can still discuss about this video as a Mod has stated they were removing it for obvious reasons. But you can IMO see and individual sprinting in the background while Officers take a shooting stance. JMO

Yes, it's a big mess of bits and pieces of information at this point. RCMP definitely confirmed it was a Chevy Tracker he was seen driving. I'm thinking that Gina may have been at the gas station in her Mazda when arrived in Joey's tracker and that she was killed there but he never actually drove her car. Gina's dog was also shot so maybe he had been in the middle of getting away in her vehicle when the RCMP arrived and got him.

Lisa McCully is one of the victims, she was not the same Lisa that worked with him. The Lisa that worked with him was also his partner for years. If I remember correctly her last name was Banfield or Manfield, something like that. She would now be a witness since he didn't kill her during this rampage.

So are the reports that he killed an ex inaccurate as far as you know?

Yes, it's a big mess of bits and pieces of information at this point. RCMP definitely confirmed it was a Chevy Tracker he was seen driving. I'm thinking that Gina may have been at the gas station in her Mazda when *** arrived in Joey's tracker and that she was killed there but he never actually drove her car. Gina's dog was also shot so maybe he had been in the middle of getting away in her vehicle when the RCMP arrived and got him.

I assume he knew Gina professionally and went to her house on purpose - I only make that assumption because denturists are a very uncommon profession and it just seems highly unlikely he would encounter another one randomly.

<modsnip>

I don't believe any victims ever worked with him.and that's just my opinion for various reasons

There may still be a possibility that one of the victims may be a former gf but we can't yet discuss that here until or unless MSM picks it up or RCMP releases it. Which honestly I don't expect the latter to do, for one I'm not sure there is an once of truth to it and two they already stated that they likely wouldn't elaborate on possible connections to the victims out of respect for the victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I was driving home from my then girlfriend's place at about 1 AM when a cop car flashed to pull me over. The lights looked legitimate but I couldn't see any markings on the vehicle. I didn't have a cellphone at the time as this was before they were really common.

It was a quiet stretch of road in the industrial end of the city, no one was around, and I happened to be right at two sets of train tracks. So I drove on for a moment looking for somewhere safe to pull over.

A ways up the road I saw an empty parking lot of a building with a street light so I pulled in there. I turned my car off but left the lights on.

After a longer than usual delay a police officer got out and came to my window and asked why I pulled in there so I explained. He then asked for my license and registration.

When I leaned over to get my registration out of my glovebox I noticed in the corner of my eye a second officer who had gotten out of the car and was standing perfectly in my car's blindspot, his hand was resting on the gun on his hip. I had no idea he was there.

Apparently I had scared them as much as they had scared me.

My right tail light was burned out, by the way.

Sorry to stray from the topic.
Interesting story!

Not wanting to go too OT, but what else alarms me about the OPP impersonator around Kitchener, ON, is that the article “warning” people that the OPP don’t pull people over to check for essential worker status, is that the article was dated April 22nd! It states that these complaints came in last week. SO, NO ONE within the OPP thought to inform the public that some guy is going around pulling people over and impersonating an OPP officer?? Only now that this heinous massacre took place someone thought it might be a good idea?? Honestly o_O:rolleyes:

The assessed value of his property at 200 Portapique Beach Road was $178,000 and at 136 Orchard Beach Drive was $70,200. No street mapping in the area and google maps doesn't zoom in very close so not sure what the house might look.

well I know real estate is a lot cheaper there but $178,000 could hardly be a mansion ...

Found the video I had mentioned in a previous post of the police cars on fire. There is some swearing in it tho as the couple can't believe what they are witnessing.

I can't be 100% sure, but if you look at the scene at 2:51 into this video, it looks to me to be the aftermath of the scene in the video quoted, but from a different angle.

Thanks for the great summary. I won't repost here but the wiki entry lists the exact addresses for most of the Portapique victims plus 2 addresses the *** owned. It looks like Lisa lived the closest to him, right across the road from one of his properties.

Quoting myself but for the record, the wiki entry has now been updated to remove the exact addresses of the 7 homes along with a map pinpointing where each of the victims lived.

An explanation by the RCMP will be required, that’s for sure. By this early report it seemed they believed GW was remained in the Portapigue area throughout the morning hours but that was not so. Portapique to Wentworth is about 1/2 hour driving time.

“Taggart described knowing Wortman's "lovely big home" on Portapique Beach Road. He said Wortman owned a few other properties in the community and was believed to divide his time between Portapique and his business in Dartmouth.

He described Portapique as "cottage country," with about 100 year-round residents and 250 in the summer.

"You just don't even dream that this is going to happen," he said. "I can't fathom it."

Police identified Wortman about nine hours after an initial tweet around midnight asking people to avoid the Portapique area and stay indoors as officers responded to a firearms complaint.

Cpl. Lisa Croteau, public information officer with the provincial force, said the police received a call about "a person with firearms" at around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday and the investigation "evolved into an active shooting investigation."...”
Active shooter suspect, RCMP officer dead in Nova Scotia (update) - HalifaxToday.ca

CBC has a timeline in this article -
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nova-scotia-tick-tock-murder-rampage-1.5539000

The picture I'm getting is that this rampage started around 10:30PM on April 18. He shot someone and lit the house on fire. The son of one neighbour, checking out the fire, texted that it was a big fire, he was taking pictures and would be home soon. His brother and father waited for him, he didn't return. His brother took a flashlight and looked for him, found him laying dead on the road and ran for his life. For the next 4 hours, he heard gun shots and saw fires all around him as he lay silent in the trees. He called his father an hour later, warned him to turn off the lights and not use the phone.

Two boys, 8 and 10, hid in their basement until the shooter left, and then ran to their friend's nearby house. This happened on the evening of April 18.

In the morning, April 19, he drove away in a police replica car. Police say they were in the area looking for an active shooter. I'm guessing they did not think that the active shooter lived in the area, or expect that he might have sat in a police car amongst them as they pursued the shooter.

He shot a pregnant nurse making home visits who crossed his path that morning.

The RCMP officer chased him, rammed him. The shooter got out of his car, shot her. He torched his car. He took her car (?) and then took a silver SUV from another person - who was also shot. He was cornered at the gas station, engaged police, and was shot. He died later.

His own home was torched, but there was something about him having lived on Portapique Beach Road but lost a house to his girlfriend? Did they live in a different area. He travelled 50 km.

In 2001, there was an assault on a teenage boy waiting at the bus stop near his denture clinic, and in 2004 there's something about how he treated his then girlfriend. Do we know her name?

Good summary but 2 things: RCMP did state in a press conference that at no time did he drive a real police vehicle. Also no confirmation his own home was torched or the rest of that paragraph re: girlfriend or losing a house to her.

The picture I'm getting is that this rampage started around 10:30PM on April 18. He shot someone and lit the house on fire. The son of one neighbour, checking out the fire, texted that it was a big fire, he was taking pictures and would be home soon. His brother and father waited for him, he didn't return. His brother took a flashlight and looked for him, found him laying dead on the road and ran for his life. For the next 4 hours, he heard gun shots and saw fires all around him as he lay silent in the trees. He called his father an hour later, warned him to turn off the lights and not use the phone.

Two boys, 8 and 10, hid in their basement until the shooter left, and then ran to their friend's nearby house. This happened on the evening of April 18.

In the morning, April 19, he drove away in a police replica car. Police say they were in the area looking for an active shooter. I'm guessing they did not think that the active shooter lived in the area, or expect that he might have sat in a police car amongst them as they pursued the shooter.

He shot a pregnant nurse making home visits who crossed his path that morning.

The RCMP officer chased him, rammed him. The shooter got out of his car, shot her. He torched his car. He took her car (?) and then took a silver SUV from another person - who was also shot. He was cornered at the gas station, engaged police, and was shot. He died later.

His own home was torched, but there was something about him having lived on Portapique Beach Road but lost a house to his girlfriend? Did they live in a different area. He travelled 50 km.

In 2001, there was an assault on a teenage boy waiting at the bus stop near his denture clinic, and in 2004 there's something about how he treated his then girlfriend. Do we know her name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288