Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's part of the DNR job. I looked it up. On the DNR website. They enforce all kinds of things ie fishing, hunting, boating,camping, laws.

But aren't you assuming something here? Has it been established the killer was a DNR personnel? I'm talking about the badge thing.
On the other hand, it must be relatively easy to come by a badge of sorts. Has anyone gone to the Army/Navy surplus store? Or gone into a military PX, or whatever else they are called. Is there one in that area? Some unusual things can be purchased there. Like handcuffs.
Thinking along these lines, where could a badge be bought or picked up? A pawn shop? Someone that was retired or deceased LE or military LE? Who in that area would know someone like this? If you're from that area, think about it. These are two young girls, that if someone is 'flashing a badge', how do they know what is real and what isn't
unless they know the killer? Maybe a badge existed at the scene, but maybe it wasn't authentic or authorized, but then maybe it was the real thing.

It's part of the DNR job. I looked it up. On the DNR website. They enforce all kinds of things ie fishing, hunting, boating,camping, laws.

But aren't you assuming something here? Has it been established the killer was a DNR personnel? I'm talking about the badge thing.
On the other hand, it must be relatively easy to come by a badge of sorts. Has anyone gone to the Army/Navy surplus store? Or gone into a military PX, or whatever else they are called. Is there one in that area? Some unusual things can be purchased there. Like handcuffs.
Thinking along these lines, where could a badge be bought or picked up? A pawn shop? Someone that was retired or deceased LE or military LE? Who in that area would know someone like this? If you're from that area, think about it.
These are two young girls, that if someone is 'flashing a badge', how do they know what is real and what isn't
unless they know the killer? Maybe a badge existed at the scene, but maybe it wasn't authentic or authorized, but then maybe it was the real thing.

Last edited:
I have two cell phones (long story why but can explain), my kid always laughs at me “walking with two cellphones, as a dealer”.

So I understand (and you can even see it in some Indiana cases) that for a dealer, it would be normal? That no one might ask why? And there were many dealers around.

Or else, it could be a stolen cellphone.
Have you ever seen Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan? In one scene, it shows you, Jamie Lee has about six cell phones/devices. She's a psychologist. One is personal, one is work, one might be a palm pilot or whatever those were, but she goes down the row in the morning and she takes about six in her purse. So, two isn't so odd. I know a young man with three. He's not a dealer, BTW.

This case might not be solved only because maybe no one saw or remembers seeing the correct man.

Let's say hypothetically you went to a gas station/convenience store today. If I asked you to write down a list of how many people were in the store, how many cars were in the parking lot, license plate numbers of those cars, and a description of the people you saw either pumping gas or buying items in the convenience store, could you do it?

I just got done going to a gas station a few hours ago before I thought up this post. And the only thing I can remember is that there were two cashiers, mainly because I have seen them before. I could describe the cashiers. That is all I can remember.

In my opinion, maybe the case is not solved because the sketches are wrong, the eyewitnesses are wrong, and the statements that the eyewitnesses gave are not about the same person or even the right person. This killer may have walked in there and walked out of there and no one may have seen him or remembered seeing him.

This is why I think what Liberty German did is so important.

I've wondered about all of this, but especially after the presser a year ago.

LE mentioned the vehicle parked near to the CPS building, during the presser a year ago. It never came up right after the murders, only two years later did LE make a specific mention of a vehicle and its driver they would like to know more about.

Even right after the murders, how many people would have been able to give a decent or even detailed description of the vehicle? During the hours in question, and on my end hypothetically that would be between 11AM and 3:30PM, how many people drove C.R. 300 past where they think this vehicle was parked? 20? 30? 80? ???

Something just dawned on me, I wonder when the USPS delivers mail along 300. Late morning? Noon time? Early afternoon? Mid afternoon?

People drove by there, the vehicle they're looking for. How many people saw it and could give even a vague description, shortly after the murders? As somequestions wondered aloud here about describing people we see, how many people could give a description of the perp/BG shortly after the murders, even?

LE mentioned the vehicle parked near to the CPS building, during the presser a year ago. It never came up right after the murders, only two years later did LE make a specific mention of a vehicle and its driver they would like to know more about.

Even right after the murders, how many people would have been able to give a decent or even detailed description of the vehicle? During the hours in question, and on my end hypothetically that would be between 11AM and 3:30PM, how many people drove C.R. 300 past where they think this vehicle was parked? 20? 30? 80? ???

Something just dawned on me, I wonder when the USPS delivers mail along 300. Late morning? Noon time? Early afternoon? Mid afternoon?

People drove by there, the vehicle they're looking for. How many people saw it and could give even a vague description, shortly after the murders? As somequestions wondered aloud here about describing people we see, how many people could give a description of the perp/BG shortly after the murders, even?
Virtually none. I couldn't even give you a detailed description of my next-door neighbors' cars, and I see those every day.

Someone is sitting on info that would bring this case to closure.
Whether it’s fear, embarrassment, scandal they are fearing...they must speak up regardless. Knowing this deranged miscreant is on the loose should motivate everyone to action.

amateur opinion and speculation
Agree. I just keep thinking someone knows who this man is in the videos.

it wouldn't be the first time, Bundy was said to have been filled with rage at the rich girl that dumped him and that this was why he murdered co-ed's with similar hair, etc.

this could be a trigger, but we all know Bundy started murdering earlier than that..much earlier...might have even murdered a neighbor lady when he was 11...( I would check that but I think so).

mOO

I have a hunch this was “triggered” also. Loss of a job? Divorce? HS sweetheart got married? So many possibilities. But someone out there knows this POI and his circumstances.

I have a hunch this was “triggered” also. Loss of a job? Divorce? HS sweetheart got married? So many possibilities. But someone out there knows this POI and his circumstances.
I agree. The proximity to Valentines Day is notable.
Upthread I mentioned two women, (one a beloved relative) that were murdered, and both on Valentines. V-Day seems to unravel the already mentally unbalanced.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agree. I just keep thinking someone knows who this man is in the videos.
Maybe, the ones who are in the know since 2017 or 2019, fear to start an avalanche. If it wasn't BG's first murder (and they are suspecting it now, after Delphi with it's video/audio/sketch2), they fGs don't want to learn more of BG's past. Maybe, many incidents/travelling-schedules/special behavior have been inexplicable to them over the years. Someday after the Delphi murders a light bulb started to blink and they got it. MOO

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the possibility BG worked at a mear packing plant, or as a truck driver for meat packing plants.

Many of the meat packing plants are closing due to COVID-19, including the Tyson plant in nearby Logansport. That plant had over 200 employees test positive for COVID.

Last I saw the Delphi Indiana Meat Packers plant was still open.

that’s interesting. I hadn’t heard about a possible connection to a meat packing plant. Although there’s no way in heck I can catch up with 122 threads! I had a thought that maybe this guy works in an industry where he wears a uniform (or coveralls, etc.). Maybe no one had called in because they don’t recognize him in his street clothes. Just a thought.

Thinking along these lines, where could a badge be bought or picked up? A pawn shop? Someone that was retired or deceased LE or military LE? Who in that area would know someone like this? If you're from that area, think about it. These are two young girls, that if someone is 'flashing a badge', how do they know what is real and what isn't
I must have missed something. Where at what is the “badge” thing about

The main point that I was making is that unless we are aware and focusing on remembering information, often times we are not paying attention. So with what Liberty German did with her phone, the one conclusion that we can make is that there was some reason she felt a need to turn on her video/audio and record. Does this mean conclusively that is the killer? No, however I think other evidence and timing could substantiate that as being the case.

Another example shows just how much we can overthink or be overly concerned. I saw this car with its lights on late at night parked on a street. I drove by it at first and did nothing. On the way back to my home I noticed the same car with its lights on. This was about 20 minutes later. I remembered the license plate number and that it had an out of state plate. I quickly wrote down that number at the next stop sign on a scrap of paper. I have done this numerous times for various things, license plate numbers being great numbers in order to track information. Not a single time that I have done this has it ever resulted in anything. What I may have thought was strange or suspicious was just me being overly concerned.

So there is also a tendency to feel like you are being overly concerned about something that might be nothing at all. Regarding my example, for all I know maybe the person in the car with the lights on was waiting for someone or maybe there was another person in the car they were talking to for a while?

I only paid attention because I thought something was strange or unusual. And even now when I see something that is strange or unusual I usually blow it off as being overly suspicious since none of my license plate information has ever led to anything significant. Focusing on small details that do not mean anything. 99% of the time I do not write anything down or remember it later.

I would not blame anyone for not remembering or writing down a license plate number because most of the time I do not either. I think this is because psychologically we want to believe that everything is ok. I could not even remember the make and model of a car at a gas station unless I was focused on it.

Sometimes you just have to get lucky.

I agree. The proximity to Valentines Day is notable.
Upthread I mentioned two women, (one a beloved relative) that were murdered, and both on Valentines. V-Day seems to unravel the already mentally unbalanced.

I agree with this, if not for the simple fact the time of year this took place is rather atypical for a random murder in the outdoors, across the northern tier of the U.S.

BG needed a lot of variables to work in his favor, the weather being a big one. I do think V day has some significance to the case. Makes me wonder if he was trying to get someone's attention, and furthermore if that person knows.

JMO

I must have missed something. Where at what is the “badge” thing about

Somewhere in the discussion, someone refers to the person saying 'guys', and 'down the hill', and says something about the person 'flashing a badge'. That's where I got it. I'll look. (Post #235)
I didn't believe in the badge from what I read, but if there's more, maybe someone is on to something. It isn't me.
I felt the 'flashing the badge' thing might be able to fool the girls, depending, but there are a lot of fake badges out there that have been used. Gee, they sell them in toy departments all over the place, and possibly in Army/Navy Surplus stores, etc.
They have been used on motorists to get them to pull over, and those people are older, and possibly more aware. It's amazing (it's scary, actually) how many people have badges that shouldn't, starting with security guards. I know for a fact, some of those people shouldn't be security guards. Should I be ashamed to admit how many times I most likely mouthed off to those people?

Last edited:

When DC said "You want to know, what we know", he spoke to a certain poi, I think. I'm convinced, that one of their pois had contact after the murder and indeed wanted to know something, in a personal phone convo or via a mediator, who had perhaps even LE experience.
-.-.-.-
Answer:
I agree and think there is a very strong possibility the killer has been in contact with LE, albeit anonymously.

Could be a "hey did you find (the) "________""?

DC said something to the effect of "we know you want to know what we know" (paraphrasing), during the PC a year ago. That just might well indicate they know they've had contact with the killer, or I've thought they may have zeroed in on some social media or other internet posts which they think might be the killer. Or both contact and internet posts. Maybe even chatter in a forum? Text messages? ???

JMO

Falling Down, Yesterday at 8:52 PM
-.-.-.-
Answer:
I believe, the contact between BG and LE was rather direct, because BG in a clever way saved a right for himself to ask questions. MOO

What will BG do now in times, where Corona rages? Will he get bored, because his job/business isn't longer as it has been before? Will he search for other victims to punish them for his lost fun/excitement/success/sales/money/respect/power, which he had without Corona? Is he by chance a "delivery service driver" and has more workload on him than ever because of Corona, but just as much opportunity to search for new victims at the doors, he frequents all day (at a distance of course)? Will the victims be missing/discovered, if times are strange because of Corona and people are advised to heed "social distancing" with less contact to family members/acquaintances?

THIS^^^^

I keep thinking "meat-processing plant, meat-processing plant" . . .

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Woah - you weren't kidding. From MSM:

I would have never considered this.

Isn't this beyond creepy? When I saw the mask without the person I got chills.
You should look on Amazon. The masks they have for sale there are amazing. Some are meant for transvestites or cross dressers and they go to the waist, complete with overlarge breasts. They went for around $250-$350. But I bet they fooled people.

You should look on Amazon. The masks they have for sale there are amazing. Some are meant for transvestites or cross dressers and they go to the waist, complete with overlarge breasts. They went for around $250-$350. But I bet they fooled people.
Wow! I wonder if FBI facial recognition abilities can see the face under such a mask.

I think the killer may have participated in the search and dumped the phone at that time.
Wow! I wonder if FBI facial recognition abilities can see the face under such a mask.
I also believe he's perfectly tech savvy. He left the phone at the CS, instead of taking it with him. Taking it with him would have meant he could destroy it, and the video would have been lost forever.

But he didn't take it, he was scared of taking it with him, or planned that in advance. Don't take anything from the victims, or don't take anything which can be easily and quickly traceable. Which would take some planning, and maybe some quick decision-making at the scene. A killer might be tempted to take trophies or what have you, but some I'm sure resist the temptation

We don't know what condition the phone itself was in when it was found, all we know is what LE have mentioned about it being found at the CS.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members