CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

My money is on schizophrenia. He’s the age that young men first show signs of it.
Respectfully snipped for commentary focus.
Agree Seajay. While there is no clear cut evidence, and studies vary in their opinions, it does seem as if there is a familial inheritance tie. I wonder if there is known mental illness in the family line; which of course, would reinforce this theory.

I still think he's in the lake.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I too think he's in the lake...

over the years with the draught the lake has been nearly empty and then filled back up. There are fisherman on the lake with boats every single day. IMO if he was in the lake he would have been found.

I think its more likely he went through some of the wilderness near the dam and got lost in the woods and the elements/animals got to him. sadly

I have always wondered if maybe he suffered a head injury, wandered away, and perhaps got a ride from someone passing through. Just have had a nagging feeling that he had memory problems from the accident and is living in a shelter or on the streets. Hope his family finds answers and peace.

over the years with the draught the lake has been nearly empty and then filled back up. There are fisherman on the lake with boats every single day. IMO if he was in the lake he would have been found.

I think its more likely he went through some of the wilderness near the dam and got lost in the woods and the elements/animals got to him. sadly
I think the same. If he went in the water he would have been seen floating. Unless at the time the lake was at full capacity which I doubt. That lake has a ton of fishermen year round. And if he did go in the water some remains would have been stumbled across at some point by now. Remains are found in even the most obscure places.

I think about his actions leading up to the disappearance. He was giving stuff away, he broke up with his GF (twice), he told his mother he had a lot to discus, he kept telling his mother he was going home and clearly he was not, his vehicle seems to have been intentionally driven over the embankment. Maybe he thought it would go into the lake. Something was going on with Bryce, he was not in the right frame of mind.

I did not realize that the lake had almost been dry. Didn't the search dogs trail Bryce to truck stop or something like that? If so, he might have caught a ride & just living life as homeless. He was at the age of mental problems that seem to appear for guys.

Force Ten - you mentioned he told his mother "he was going home". Maybe he meant "home" to heaven...

I did not realize that the lake had almost been dry. Didn't the search dogs trail Bryce to truck stop or something like that? If so, he might have caught a ride & just living life as homeless. He was at the age of mental problems that seem to appear for guys.

Force Ten - you mentioned he told his mother "he was going home". Maybe he meant "home" to heaven...

yeah i believe it was down to 30% of what it typically was,

If i recall correctly, his scent was tracked to the dam that leads across the water towards truck stops, not sure if they hit at the truck stop.

I also wonder because I dont remember, were they doing any contruction on the highway or nearby that he could have fallen into and maybe got paved over? just a thought

Bryce is a bit of a puzzlement, for sure. The outcome seems he could be living on the rough, but I do think it is more likely he has perished; shortly after his accident. It's not unusual that remains haven't been found. It's just dang difficult to "see" remains outdoors. All this being said, I think his parents are right to hang on to that shred of hope....because you just never know.
I would like to see another search of the area where his vehicle was found, and yes....the lake again. Technology has advanced significantly in the past few years. Drones that weren't readily available can be dispatched now.
Time for another search!

Amateur opinion and speculation

A search for missing man Bryce David Laspisa continues in Sonora area

Sonora police have distributed information about a man who’s been missing since August 2013 because a relative of the man said someone matching his description was seen in the Sonora area, possibly within the homeless community.

Laspisa would be 26 years old now.

A relative of Laspisa contacted Sonora police Tuesday this week.

Yea, I know. I remember when it first broke on here and we were all over the pictures and trying to noodle out what happened. I still think he intended to put the SUV in the lake. Perfect way to walk out of your life. No licence plate to watch for on a BOLO, no credit card use and off into a homeless lifestyle. Evaporate into thin air. I keep dwelling how long a year is until I can retire and then see this was 7 years ago and it was like last week.

Still remember exactly where I was standing when I received the message of his mysterious disappearance and was asked to help create the first missing person poster that was used in the case. I said something to the effect of, "by the time I get home to my computer I am sure he will have already been located." Can't believe how wrong I was and the roller coaster ride that would follow. I still think of Bryce every few days and look for him in every homeless man's face I see, though sadly I think he left us shortly after his car crash on that day years and years ago; what I wouldn't give to be proven wrong. The answer that his family is so desperately searching for, and so rightfully deserve, is out there somewhere. Hopefully this will be the year that they get it. Where are you, Bryce?

Still remember exactly where I was standing when I received the message of his mysterious disappearance and was asked to help create the first missing person poster that was used in the case. I said something to the effect of, "by the time I get home to my computer I am sure he will have already been located." Can't believe how wrong I was and the roller coaster ride that would follow. I still think of Bryce every few days and look for him in every homeless man's face I see, though sadly I think he left us shortly after his car crash on that day years and years ago; what I wouldn't give to be proven wrong. The answer that his family is so desperately searching for, and so rightfully deserve, is out there somewhere. Hopefully this will be the year that they get it. Where are you, Bryce?
Thank you for helping out. I know it meant the world to his family and friends.

Based on what we know of Bryce's inappropriate behavior on the day of his disappearance, I, too, think that he,ultimately, did not survive . Even accounting for a psychotic break, if that was indeed what he was having, it is difficult to imagine he could have remained undetected all these years and out of touch with his parents. I wish for them the answers they deserve. This is, of course, my and only my opinion, doncha know

Any news on the sighting in Sonora? @mlhenn - if you know? TIA! :)

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/l...after-sibling-missing-nearly-seven-years.html

Unfortunately, I have not come across anything else except for this article. Although I am unfamiliar with this case, something did stand out when reading this particular article.

Inquiring how Sonora Police became involved in this case, Clarke Broadcasting contacted Chief Turu VanderWiel who explained, “The parent received information that someone matching the description of their son was at a homeless camp possibly in the area of Sonora. They wanted us to check on it, so we figured if there’s a possibility that this person is in our area that we’ll be on the lookout for him and see if we can’t reunite this person with their family.”
Officers have not been sent out to area homeless camps to search for Laspisa. Instead, the chief is hoping that putting the word out to the public can help in that effort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back