MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #6

Here's some update on info. I wrote the Prosecutor and he fully agrees with the Ypsilanti Police and what they are doing. They only need to talk to Kim (my daughter & Julia's mother). Whether or not the YPD seeks "outside" help is up to them. Very disappointing to say the least. I have tried to get some "press" exposure, but none of the local papers seem interested. If given "press", this would be bad publicity for Eastern Michigan University which is the only reason I can come up with!

Here's some update on info. I wrote the Prosecutor and he fully agrees with the Ypsilanti Police and what they are doing. They only need to talk to Kim (my daughter & Julia's mother). Whether or not the YPD seeks "outside" help is up to them. Very disappointing to say the least. I have tried to get some "press" exposure, but none of the local papers seem interested. If given "press", this would be bad publicity for Eastern Michigan University which is the only reason I can come up with!
I won't take this as negative at all. Sounds to me like Ypsi and the Prosecutor are confident in their approach, which we can conclude will lead to an arrest. I think this is a positive sign. Take note of any changes in lifestyle of the prominent players in this case. It's just about the time you should see the facade start to crumble....

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been studying everything I can re: sexual homicide, and have learned it represents a very small percentage of homicides overall, just slightly over 1% per this scholarly research: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23571631_Sexual_Homicide_A_Synthesis_of_the_Literature
(You have to scroll approx. 1/2 down page to get to actual study).

So apparently, the Perp in this case is somewhat of a rare breed.
Motivators: Urge to sexually assault, grievance towards women, or killing to avoid detection post assault

Profile of Sexual Homicide Perps:
1. Power-assertive rape murder: Generally in 20's, with a "primative" emotional state, macho image, anti-social, high school dropout, property crimes. Motive is aggression and control. Victims are strangers, surprise attack. Crime scene reflects organized attack
2. Power-reassurance attack: living out rape fantasy. Socially isolated with limited history of normal sexual activity. Underachiever, likely criminal history which may include fetish, trespassing, larceny.
power-reassurance. Tends to pick victims 10-15 years older or younger
3. Anger-excitation rape-murder: Average married guy on outside, private sadist. Collects *advertiser censored* with bondage and sadism. Selects strangers with con or ruse; well planned. Aim to inflict pain and tortue. Takes trophies

Based on the few facts I do know about this case, profile #3 seems the most likely to me ATM, but with the little info we have, I remain undecided.

The full article is a very worthy read. Again, here is the full link:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23571631_Sexual_Homicide_A_Synthesis_of_the_Literature

Julia's grandfather gave an interview regarding the case.

I think he did a wonderful job, very respectful and gave some great insight! It's very obvious that he is a kind man who loved his granddaughter so very much. Kim & Madison had a lot to say in the live chat comments. Kim accuses her father of lying and agreed to do an interview of her own so she can tell her story. We'll see if she actually does. Why hasn't she already? It seems like anyone who even questions Kim's narrative is accused of lying and shunned. Very sad situation for all. Praying for justice for Julia!

I just listened to the podcast and thought Trojan did a terrific job. It's clear how much he loves his family, and misses his son and dear Julia.

I think the Mom and Julia's two sisters have been warriors to protect their family, and attempt to find a path forward. I applaud them for putting one foot in front of the other when I'm sure it took every ounce of strength and determination to do so.

Any family turmoil we hear about randomly is so understandable. This too shall pass. The anger and rage of losing Julia just doesn't know where to land, and often times it's a family member that finds themselves the recipient.
This too shall pass.

When I think back on this case over the past seven years, I think about the wonderful scholarship that was granted in Julia's honor. What a great way to honor her life and represent one's family with dignity by contributing to the community. Really beautiful. I also look at the media photos and my heart just aches for the youngest daughter. That was a lot for a little kid to have to take on. However, from the few snippets where I heard her speak, she seems very bright and centered, and I believe she will honor Julia with a life of meaning and contribution. I'm rooting for her!

I hope that anyone who has suffered the loss of a family member taken by a violent murder, will read this attachment "Coping after Homicide" from the Dept. of Justice. It has some good suggestions. If nothing else, it will let you know your aren't alone and your anger at various people (family members/police, etc.) is NORMAL. It too shall pass.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao-dc/legacy/2013/08/07/coping_after_homicide.pdf

It takes time. Everyone has their own schedule, and their own journey. All I know is that the best way to climb out of a pit of despair is by helping others. It works.

Blessings to Julia's family as they continue their journey towards sunnier days.

I listened to the podcast. I was bothered by how rude the mother and younger sister behaved, tho. I hope you are right, Roses. I will look forward to a podcast with the Mom if she follows through.
They are traumatized. It doesn't bring out the best in anyone. It will pass.

I just listened to the podcast and thought Trojan did a terrific job. It's clear how much he loves his family, and misses his son and dear Julia.

I think the Mom and Julia's two sisters have been warriors to protect their family, and attempt to find a path forward. I applaud them for putting one foot in front of the other when I'm sure it took every ounce of strength and determination to do so.

Any family turmoil we hear about randomly is so understandable. This too shall pass. The anger and rage of losing Julia just doesn't know where to land, and often times it's a family member that finds themselves the recipient.
This too shall pass.

When I think back on this case over the past seven years, I think about the wonderful scholarship that was granted in Julia's honor. What a great way to honor her life and represent one's family with dignity by contributing to the community. Really beautiful. I also look at the media photos and my heart just aches for the youngest daughter. That was a lot for a little kid to have to take on. However, from the few snippets where I heard her speak, she seems very bright and centered, and I believe she will honor Julia with a life of meaning and contribution. I'm rooting for her!

I hope that anyone who has suffered the loss of a family member taken by a violent murder, will read this attachment "Coping after Homicide" from the Dept. of Justice. It has some good suggestions. If nothing else, it will let you know your aren't alone and your anger at various people (family members/police, etc.) is NORMAL. It too shall pass.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao-dc/legacy/2013/08/07/coping_after_homicide.pdf

It takes time. Everyone has their own schedule, and their own journey. All I know is that the best way to climb out of a pit of despair is by helping others. It works.

Blessings to Julia's family as they continue their journey towards sunnier days.

This too shall pass.

Thanks for sharing

This too shall pass.

Thanks for sharing Roses, 7 years is a very long time for no arrests. I’m just hoping that the family and LE are doing all they can do to help solve Julia’s case. Justice for Julia

I listened to the podcast. I was bothered by how rude the mother and younger sister behaved, tho. I hope you are right, Roses. I will look forward to a podcast with the Mom if she follows through.
I watched the video and replayed the live chat. I am totally convinced that the mother is a sociopath. I used to believe that she was simply in denial about the possibility of her husband's involvement, but now I have to wonder whether she is deliberately helping him cover his tracks. As for the daughter, she doesn't seem like the sharpest pencil in the box.

In that Podcast, it did seem like Kim and Julia’s sister got very defensive right away. And thought the Grandfather did a good job, just tell how he remembers the timeline. It’s like when you interview people that see a multi car accident, they all have a different story to tell.

I'm glad I did this podcast and look forward to Kim's. I told everything as it was told to me. Kim and I have not been on the best of terms since JT's trial. Yes, I may have made a few errors but the basic timeline is accurate. I did not know until the podcast that Kim had bought the purple bathroom rug for Julia, but that's a minor detail compared to the fact that it is missing. Maybe Kim & Julie did not go shopping on that Friday (my mistake) but instead Julie visited Kim at Meijers. A minor detail, not all that important. All in all, I am glad I did this and only hope that it helps. Maybe someone will come forward. There has not been too much publicity concerning this case and maybe there should have been earlier.

I'm still waiting for Kim or Jennifer to do their interview for the podcast on Jayis4Justice on YouTube! If it ever happens, it should be interesting to say the least.
I think it would give them a chance to give an impact statement - what it has been like to lose a daughter in such a violent manner, and what it's been like to lose "your other half" in the Twin's case. These are important stories to be told, and heard, and can help so many other families of missing and murdered. I really hope they do the podcast.

Good to see you here Trojan. I hope your efforts keep enough interest from the public to motivate LE to put more time on Julia’s case. I believe it is solvable.
I agree Spellbound, I have listened to the podcast several times, and thought that the grandpa Trojan should perhaps do even more of these podcasts or anything to keep the focus on helping to solve Julia's case. I can also see that it was hard for the Mom and youngest sister to to listen to. It's a horrible tragic death. I know it must be hard to keep reliving what this family must know. I for one, would hope that Julias close family and friends will come forward and share what they know, or should I say their side of this story. In the hopes that it would bring Justice for Julia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back