NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure i saw on the fb page that they are temporarily postponed due to Covid-19 and the 10 person limit. I don’t know about rural Nebraska but where I am, parks are closed and police do compliance checks. But then again, last week dozens of people where gathered at a park which led to 3 people getting shot. Seems as if no one takes anything seriously anymore.

To me, the stories just don't add up. I pray I'm wrong. I pray he just fell somewhere. Or he's ran away to start a new life. But something tells me, like your hinky meter, that something just isn't right in the State of Denmark.

I have been resisting the speculation of foul play, and primarily for the reason that we have thread after thread of men drinking and ending up in water. It's a strange phenomenon.

However, in this case, it just seems that if remains were going to surface they would have done so by now....or very soon. This lack of discovery, the known quarreling, the rush for declaring death and so forth, just can't help but make me wonder. I've really, really tried to dismiss behaviors that seem so d*mn hinky, but "could" be explained away by immaturity, or stress, or even grief.
I've really tried, really.

I will keep my position of believing this is a tragic accident, because I prefer to believe that. However, candidly, that belief is quickly eroding away.
I do believe this though - Chance will be found. Because he just seems like that kind of guy. Even in (what seems to be certain) death, he just seems like the type of guy whose spirit would find a way to let his parents know. I know that sounds a bit out there, but I honestly believe it. Somehow, he's going to let us know where he is.

Guess we'll see.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I feel that foul play can’t be ruled out, and at the same time commuting a murder of a healthy 200lb man with no plan seems like a lot of effort. Also, Baylee’s family are just regular people. They are not cold-blooded murders. They have not committed heinous crimes before. I don’t think one of them could act alone and I don’t think they would keep it quite if they worked together.

In short, I don’t think they have the callous nature that a murderer would need, and I don’t think they have the motivation. And I don’t think any evidence exists that shows they did it! Although, yes people do get “lucky,” and if that’s the case then they will face the consequences on Judgement day.

On a personal note, I’ve started reading Crime and Punishment for the first time in my life, and maybe I am naive, but I don’t think normal people commit heinous crimes and then continue on without being totally destroyed (or maybe that just helps me sleep at night). Anyway, for me to see this as more likely, I am going to need some sort of timeline or evidence or anything.

I am wondering what would have happened for Baylee and her family to have murdered Chance. How would that be possible? I haven’t been able to think of a way that it would have happened. So someone would have to help me wrap my head around it.

If he was murdered, I think a drug cartel connection (perhaps thinking he was someone else) is a lot more likely or even people addicted to meth, with a big drug debt.

From the first time listening to the podcast, I felt an accidental drowning was the most likely, but the fact is his body has not been found. Why not? I researched drowning victims and his body should have been found. It should have washed up, and the police efforts should have recovered Chance’s remains.

But if the body (very unfortunately) floated to the surface and the water was rushing above the debris cage, his remains would be in the lake. Is this possible? The police carried out an extensive search. He should have been found!!!

If he somehow ended up in the lake, then earthly remains settle to the bottom of the lake and do not resurface (citation at bottom). As this paper explains drowning victims in rivers are usually found, but not lakes.

I feel that there are many possibilities, and I am open to any evidence, and like all of you I just want Chance brought home and given proper justice. We all have our thoughts on the case and no solution is 100% plausible in this case, whether that’s an accidental drowning, suicide, homicide, or a hit and run.

https://jcp.bmj.com/content/jclinpath/45/8/654.full.pdf

Edits: spelling mistakes

Last edited:
Maybe they need to have a closer look at the lake with underwater sonar. By experts.

That’s a good point, and I don’t know if it is possible that the water rose to that level (or if it ever has). I also don’t know if the lake is large enough to sap energy from the human remains, and I don’t know if it’s possible to search for his body in the lake. Or in the future if robots can be used to search deep/fresh water for precious loved ones.

I included this article about Lake Tahoe and it’s dead, whom don’t resurface. I included it as an example of an article I am reading about loved ones lost in water. I included it because it interviews experts with experience and also talks about how this is knowledge that organized crime has and their are rumors that this is the way they dispose of their victims. Another huge factor is the temperature of the water. The higher temperature of the water the more likely the remains are to buoy.

Lake’s depths hold many dead bodies: Officials report most corpses don’t surface if lost in Lake Tahoe

Also, the salt water in bays do not act on human bodies the same. I was wondering why so many people lost in bays resurface (because the ocean is even larger than a lake). For instance, Laci Peterson’s remains (along with her baby) resurfaced from the ocean. The buoyancy in the salt water is enough to counteract the water’s depth and the body buoys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member