Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Massachusetts, many grocery stores have gone to reduced hours, assuming that is because of the danger of spreading coronavirus. So pretty much more people get packed into less hours, with less distancing, and more risk. Grocery stores near me have been pretty crowded, with lines whenever you check out.

I get that is all new to us, but how about common sense. How about 24 hour grocery stores so that you can go when it is much less crowded, particularly if you are at risk? If there is a curfew, then shouldn't hours extend outside the curfew hours?

@Curious Me I don’t know what your situation is, but someone I know recently told me that she was unable to get this medication refilled for her RA. She is on Medicare and has a Rx supplement through AARP. She contacted AARP and they sent her a 3 month refill. Thought I’d pass this along if you were possibly in the same situation.

Good for AARP - they bulk buy the most common medications. My parents benefited from that for years. I guess I should join.

Well okie dokie then. People are going to randomly come by folks house without notice and ask them for blood and question them? That's interesting. I wonder which tests they are using, because as I posted on this main thread just yesterday, some of the tests have a 14% false positive rate.

COVID-19 Antibody Testing Activity

The Georgia Department of Public Health, Fulton County and Dekalb County Boards of Health are working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to learn more about the spread of COVID-19 in the community. This investigation will help us estimate the percentage of people in the community who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. Some people may have had COVID-19 but were not tested, did not have any symptoms, or did not seek medical care.

From April 28 through May 4, teams will be visiting randomly selected homes in Fulton and Dekalb counties to ask residents questions about their health and to collect blood samples for an antibody test......
I think that idea is guaranteed to be challenged in court.

JMO

Chile's top health official said on Monday that a patient recovered from COVID-19 had little chance of contracting the disease again for least three months, flaunting guidance from World Health Organization scientists who warn of scant evidence for such claims.

Chile is preparing this week to roll out some of the world´s first "release certificates" for recovered patients. Health officials say they are not "immunity cards" but have previously suggested they will indicate some degree of resistance to the disease.

Health minister Jaime Manalich said he and U.N. health agency officials had met and agreed there was no way to guarantee immunity. But he cited data from China and South Korea that point to shorter-term protection for those who survive the disease.

More at link

Chile's top health official flaunts WHO guidance, says recovered COVID-19 patients immune

Yeah, I think the people already on the medication should be prioritized for receiving it, and then extra supply should go to the studies and compassionate use.

I guess the supply chains don't work that way, they just have to try and fill as many orders as they can, and the manufacturers/suppliers wouldn't always know if the pharmacy is ordering it for people with RA or for doctors who want to try it on their Covid patients :(

I understand if you Scroll and Roll, I just want to explain how outrageous it is that my provider is doing this. :mad: It seems illegal to make me go pick up my medication. I hope my children will sue if I get Covid-19 and end up dying from being exposed. It'd be too hard to prove tho'. I used to order refills online and they'd mail me my Rx. MOO, it's not right, it really seems illegal. Here I sit at home isolating for 40+ days, but the health care machine drags me out in the middle of a Pandemic. I'm just disappointed in my provider making such a mandate.

Seinfeld rerun has the "toilet paper episode"...can't spare a square. :)

Exclusive: She's been falsely accused of starting the pandemic. Her life has been turned upside down

Exclusive: She's been falsely accused of starting the pandemic. Her life has been turned upside down - CNN

Oh my goodness. This is terrible. See the video, these poor people.

This reminds me of the Shannan Watts bashing on YouTube and everything the Rzuzecks have been going through to get all these awful troll videos off YouTube

What an awful, awful man to do this to these people.

Well, it's my opinion that down town Chicago is a mess. Murders and mayhem.
But Illinois, is not only about it's downtown, just like California is not only about the mean streets in downtown Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Regardless of what you see in t.v. Shows or, God forbid, our inept, trying to make themselves rich and famous news media.
All of us need to stop buying into the panic.
He carefull, practice what you know works to kill this virus.
It is not the end of the world.
Leaders who are trying to impose ridiculous new rules and laws against us, need to quote their science. We are not stupid.
Just last month, my Governor Newsome was telling every news media that 26 Million people in California were going to die.
As of today. We have had 1,077 people die.
that's a big difference from 26 million.
in my opinion. Leaders are human, many humans are stupid.
That's all.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A judge has overturned Gov. JB Pritzker's extended stay-at-home order in a bombshell ruling.

Downstate Republican State Representative Darren Bailey filed a lawsuit last week challenging the governor's authority to issue a stay-at-home order.

On Monday, a judge ruled in favor of the lawsuit, granting a temporary restraining order blocking the governor's extended stay-at-home order which was to take effect Friday and run through the end of May. The order had loosened restrictions on some businesses and allowed for some outdoor recreation to resume.

Coronavirus Update: Illinois' stay-at-home order overturned by judge as IL COVID-19 death toll nears 2K with 45K total cases

COVID TRACKING PROJECT

Our daily update is published. We’ve now tracked 5.6 million tests, up 135k from yesterday, fewest since April 15.
Note that we can only track tests that a state reports.
For details, see: The COVID Tracking Project The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

The data today is confusing. After days of huge test volumes, we're back to the levels of the earlier plateau.
The fewest new cases were confirmed of any day in April, but the positive rate was higher than in the last few days, too.
The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

There were some weird "artifacts" in the last few days. Some areas hadn't reported at all and then suddenly reported. VA Hospitals had been overlooked and were suddenly reported (with a 10,000% increase in cases over night - because they'd only reported like 2-3 bef0re). Nursing homes have started reporting - but then do it only once a week or when they get the chance to hit the respond button.

It's crazy. It's lack of planning. Almost no place had a "point person" already trained in data collection of even the simplest of types, much less for this. We've got people who didn't graduate high school, who work in nursing homes, who are bright and capable (but untrained in research or the ways of viruses)...and they are not prioritizing reporting to CDC (nor are their bosses, who are often off-site).

WHO chief berates the world for 'not listening carefully' to the agency's warnings about coronavirus on January 30 when there were only 82 Covid-19 cases outside China

Faith Ridler
3 hrs ago
The World Health Organisation's chief has berated the world for 'not listening carefully' the agency's warnings about coronavirus as early as January 30.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the UN agency had sounded the highest level of alarm over Covid-19 early on but lamented that not all countries heeded its advice.

He added that coronavirus had constituted a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern' on January 30, when there were only 82 cases registered outside China.

'The world should have listened to WHO then carefully,' he said.

CDC adds 6 new possible coronavirus symptomsBY AUDREY MCNAMARA

APRIL 27, 2020 / 3:18 KPM / CBS NEWS

CDC adds 6 new possible coronavirus symptoms

The agency has updated its list to include: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell. Shortness of breath has also been changed to "shortness of breath or difficulty breathing." The full list now is:

• Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Chills
  • Repeated shaking with chills
  • Muscle pain
  • Headache
  • Sore throat
  • New loss of taste or smell

HOW BOUT EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK? JOKING..!..Sorry :oops: Need to smile....

That Kitchen sink needs to have Covid toes, fingers, and eyes in it, too.

(Here is a link that I read a couple of days ago. I had a minor headache this morning. I was worried, then I had to blow my runny nose. I stopped worrying. Runny nose is good news.:):))

CDC adds 6 new possible coronavirus symptoms

The agency has updated its list to include: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell. Shortness of breath has also been changed to "shortness of breath or difficulty breathing." The full list now is:

• Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Chills
  • Repeated shaking with chills
  • Muscle pain
  • Headache
  • Sore throat
  • New loss of taste or smell
A runny nose rarely occurs with COVID-19, and sneezing is still not a symptom of the virus.

Taking pics of my feet all the time now... it's just a crazy past time during isolation since I tried to get a good pic of my toe to send to the doctor. I think it looks better today. My kids don't believe in Covid toes. Some people just don't.

In Massachusetts, many grocery stores have gone to reduced hours, assuming that is because of the danger of spreading coronavirus. So pretty much more people get packed into less hours, with less distancing, and more risk. Grocery stores near me have been pretty crowded, with lines whenever you check out.

I get that is all new to us, but how about common sense. How about 24 hour grocery stores so that you can go when it is much less crowded, particularly if you are at risk? If there is a curfew, then shouldn't hours extend outside the curfew hours?
I had heard that at least some of the stores were reducing hours so they could do a more thorough cleaning. Also, maybe they have lost some of their staff, who don't wish to work, or feel ill.

China's man in Canberra has unmasked the regime's true face

Peter Hartcher
2 hrs ago
Ambassador Cheng Jingye has done Australia a great service. He has taken off the mask.

China's ambassador has shown us the true face of the Chinese government's feeling for Australia.

The Chinese Communist Party for years has been working systematically to undermine Australia's sovereignty. To "take over" our political system, in the words of Australia's former national security adviser and ASIO chief, Duncan Lewis.
But the Chinese regime always kept the smiling mask of friendship in place. President Xi Jinping told Australia's Parliament in 2014 that the two countries should "be harmonious neighbours who stick together in both good times and bad times".

Well, the bad times are now upon us, courtesy of the made-in-China pandemic. And what has China's official representative in Canberra done? Ambassador Cheng has openly threatened Australia with trade boycotts.

Why? Because Prime Minister Scott Morrison last week dared to suggest an inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic. "The Chinese public is frustrated, dismayed and disappointed with what Australia is doing now," Cheng said in an interview with The Australian Financial Review's Andrew Tillett, published on Monday.
But, to now, the party's functionaries have delivered their threats and pressure tactics in private and coercion has never been declared openly. Now we all see the truth - there is no goodwill, only gangsterism.

Second, "it's a pretty inept piece of Wolf Warrior diplomacy because he's huffing and puffing after the house has already blown down - China has already done more damage to our economy than any boycotts could," says Rory Medcalf, head of the ANU's National Security College. Wolf Warrior was a hugely popular piece of Chinese hypernationalist cinema released in 2017.

And third, Cheng's comments are foolish because an open attempt to intimidate Morrison can only serve to rally Australia around the Prime Minister.

The Foreign Affairs Minister, Marise Payne, coolly rejected "any suggestion that economic coercion is an appropriate response to a call for such an assessment, when what is needed is global co-operation".

Entire continent facing colossal 'unavoidable recession' within months

Luke Cooper
2 hrs ago
European Union (EU) Commissioner has warned a major recession is "unavoidable" among 19 nations in 2020 as the colossal economic fallout from the pandemic continues across entire continents.

WHO chief berates the world for 'not listening carefully' to the agency's warnings about coronavirus on January 30 when there were only 82 Covid-19 cases outside China

Faith Ridler
3 hrs ago
The World Health Organisation's chief has berated the world for 'not listening carefully' the agency's warnings about coronavirus as early as January 30.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the UN agency had sounded the highest level of alarm over Covid-19 early on but lamented that not all countries heeded its advice.

He added that coronavirus had constituted a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern' on January 30, when there were only 82 cases registered outside China.

'The world should have listened to WHO then carefully,' he said.

AMEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member