GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

Here’s some tweets:

Back in court this morning for #CheyanneHarris . Sentencing is scheduled for 11a.m.

There is also a motion pending in the case

Attorneys for Cheyanne Harris seek to throw out conviction

And we are on. Defense attorney Aaron Hawbaker is asking for a new trial.

Hawbaker arguing that withholding food didn't amount to use of tourture, cruelty or unreasonable force.

Ast. Iowa AG Denise Timmins resists the defense motion.

Judge Richard Stochl denies the motion.

Timmins said there is no one present to speak on behalf of Sterling.

Harris declines to comment.

Statute carries mandatory life in prison. no parole. So there are no arguments with the sentence.

And she is sentenced to life. Deputies lead her out of the courtroom. And we are done.

Jeff Reinitz (@JeffAtCourier) | Twitter

How could Hawbaker stand there and say that withholding food didn't amount to use of torture, cruelty or unreasonable force. What was he thinking? At least she is where she belongs, Id love to give that Judge a huge hug and a x

Sterling got JUSTICE!
judge-smiley.gif

upload_2019-2-21_13-32-44.jpeg

Is there anywhere I can find the crime scene/autopsy photos from this case? I know they weren't shown in the court recordings or media.

I know this case happened some time ago, but it really hurt my heart and I wanted more people to hear about this horrible mother. I have posted a video about Baby Sterling and Cheyenne Harris on my Youtube Channel Mind Squash. Please share your thoughts in the comments! Thanks!

Here’s some tweets:

Back in court this morning for #CheyanneHarris . Sentencing is scheduled for 11a.m.

There is also a motion pending in the case

Attorneys for Cheyanne Harris seek to throw out conviction

And we are on. Defense attorney Aaron Hawbaker is asking for a new trial.

Hawbaker arguing that withholding food didn't amount to use of tourture, cruelty or unreasonable force.

And she is sentenced to life. Deputies lead her out of the courtroom. And we are done.

Jeff Reinitz (@JeffAtCourier) | Twitter

Let's withhold his food and water for a couple of weeks and see how he feels? Really?!!!

I'm happy she will never be able to procreate again!

There is a BBC show that is following the prison she is in, UK documentary Locked up with the Lifers. I will link the article about it here.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/748933/mom-baby-die-diaper-rash-bullied-prison

I watched it too, it's part of a series by Stacey Dooley from here in UK. She visits different areas following varies crime subjects, she's brilliant and very brave going to some countries.

Cheyanne Harris looked different and of course she's not smoking meth like she did leading to the death of that little baby Sterling.

So I discovered this case from the Stacey Dooley doc. I remember reading the headline but never knew the full story. I've just finished watching the trial and reading this thread. What really struck me is that I was convinced beforehand that it was the meth and the depression that caused her to do this when that couldn't be further from the truth.
The Stacey Dooley doc really shook me because it looks like she's held in a pretty soft prison. They get to have dogs (she seemed to like dogs), the governor seemed nice and humane to the prisoners, they get to roam around freely around the prison. I was hoping she would be locked up in a cell and made stare at a wall like she did with her son. She should not get to live any kind of a normal life. She really is evil.
Someone on the youtube comments made a very good point that the gloves and sock found underneath Sterling were probably used to muffle his cries. :(
She also said that Nala didn't like Sterling so she kept them separated. I think this encouraged the cruelty as Zach did not like him and neither did Nala.
This case has really stayed with me, probably the most shocking case of child cruelty I've ever heard. RIP baby Sterling

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back