Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLORA actually makes sense because it’s in Belton and that’s where her phone last pinged at.

Do we know if she knew anyone that had connections to the Belton area? It seems that the last phone ping is critical. Her phone made it near there so someone had to have transported it there and maybe took her along with the phone.

Wish her sister would join here. So many questions she may be able to help us with.

Do we know if she knew anyone that had connections to the Belton area? It seems that the last phone ping is critical. Her phone made it near there so someone had to have transported it there and maybe took her along with the phone.

Wish her sister would join here. So many questions she may be able to help us with.
This phone ping doesn’t appear to be a fact at this point. The media cited a Facebook post from a friend, but that post was deleted.

Exclusive: Missing soldier was ‘happier than ever,’ then mysteriously vanishes, sister says as desperate search continues

On “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace,” airing Wednesday on Fox Nation and Sirius XM, Grace speaks with Guillen’s sister, Mayra, as the desperate search continues.

“The last time we spoke was on Tuesday afternoon,” Guillen’s sister, Mayra Guillen, told Nancy Grace. “Her boyfriend was the last one to speak to her on Wednesday before going into work. She was happier than ever…Everything was completely fine.”

Guillen’s boyfriend contacted Mayra at around noon on Wednesday and said that Guillen’s iPhone messages were not being read.

Grace: “The boyfriend sends her a text, I’m assuming, at around lunchtime the day she disappears and it was, quote, ‘not delivered’? Was that a problem with his phone? Because when I get that I think it’s my phone…You’re saying there was a problem on her iPhone?

Mayra: “Yes…Immediately I called (my sister) and immediately it goes straight to voicemail.”

Grace: “What time was that?”

Mayra: “Between 12 and 1.”

Grace: “Did you try to text her, Mayra?”

Mayra: “Yes, the messages wouldn’t deliver.”

It’s unclear whether Guillen left the base, but medicolegal death investigator Joseph Scott Morgan said had she left, it should have been captured by security footage.

“I’m a former soldier and Fort Hood, right now, in the current state of affairs we are in right now, this post is essentially locked down. I want to know who had access to her. Was there electronic access to get in and off of the post? I have to think that there would be CCTV, there would be an electronic footprint relative to access.”
BBM:

Wait a second.
Hold up.
Stop the bus.

This timeline is all kinds of screwy.

So, the bf is contacting VG's sister around noon b/c her iPhone messages weren't being read? And he'd just spoken with her that morning?

LE has stated that VG was last seen at 1pm in the parking lot by her barracks.

This would mean that the bf's messages were being ignored well before the time she was last seen.

This isn't adding up.

JMO.

Last edited:
This is a good point because a lot of us do feel if there was foul play then it had to be someone familiar with the base or even living on or near the base and could very well be a fellow military person.

It was not too awful long ago where I remember news about females being allowed to participate in actual combat maneuvers. I remember the news media covering it a lot at the time. There was a lot of people against it mainly due to concerns about safety of the female soldier if they were captured and other concerns about safety of the group as a whole.

Its so common now to have females in the military that I would have hoped there is not much resentment from fellow military personnel but like you are describing, that resentment probably still exists for some, and that could have created some enemies that she had, even if she was not aware that some resented her being there.
MOO military has fewer bad apples, but of course there are always some.

Ok few things: armory really is leading you guys to overthink. Each unit has a room with rifles and pistols and mopp gear. Their armorer runs the armory. Its a generic job like each unit has an admin person. Wrt to gates, there's still mps. You can't tailgate through. They're just not checking ids do no auto card entry, you have to exit your vehicle and go inside

It depends on who saw her at 1.

It may be a What instead of a Who, even.
She may have been captured on security cameras at 1:00.

I wish some enterprising reporter would ask CID the following questions:
  • Was VG last seen by eyewitnesses, or was she seen on security cameras?
  • When last seen, did VG appear to be alone, or was she observed to be in the company of another person/persons?
  • Did VG appear to be under any type of duress when she was last seen?
  • Were any vehicles in close proximity to VG when she was last seen?
  • What direction was VG headed when she was last seen?
  • What was her assigned work schedule that day?
  • Did anyone on base note her absence prior to the sister reporting it at 9 pm?
JMO.

Last edited:
Who, maybe even what saw her at 1.

She may have been captured on security cameras at 1:00.

I wish some enterprising reporter would ask CID the following questions:
  • Was VG last seen by eyewitnesses who reported seeing her, or was she seen on security cameras?
  • When last seen, was VG alone, or was she observed to be in the company of another person/persons?
  • Was VR observed to be under any type of duress when she was last seen?
  • Were any vehicles in close proximity to VG when she was last seen?
  • What direction was VR headed when she was last seen?
  • What was her assigned work schedule that day?
  • Did anyone on base note her absence prior to the sister reporting it at 9 pm?
JMO.
I’m sure reporters are asking, and CID isn’t answering.

This is going to be very frustrating as they aren’t typically ones to share much. Our best bet will be information from Vanessa’s sister.

I’m sure reporters are asking, and CID isn’t answering.

This is going to be very frustrating as they aren’t typically ones to share much. Our best bet will be information from Vanessa’s sister.

From what I've seen in the MSM articles I've read, her sister is as frustrated as we are…actually, I'm sure she's feeling exponentially more frustrated, because this is her loved one that's missing.

It doesn't sound like CID has shared any more information with her family than what they've made public.

JMO.

Last edited:
The very fact that there's a reward tells me they have a case, they need confirmation. They aren't, IMO, throwing darts for sport, they believe certain people will come forward, motivated by the reward money, and they're expecting that person to fill in the last blanks.

JMO

Texas EquuSearch on Facebook has a post about Vanessa:

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ (permalink)

"Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ ...
6 hrs ·
MISSING: PFC. Vanessa Guillen - Fort Hood, Texas (4/22/20)

20 year-old PFC. Vanessa Guillen was last seen at the U S Army military base in Fort Hood, Texas on April 20th 2020. PFC Guillen was with the 3rd Calvary Regiment at the Regimental Squadron Headquarters at Ft. Hood. Vanessa was last seen wearing a black shirt, light purple leggings and black Nike tennis shoes. Vanessa has the tattoo of a cross with a flower on her left arm, another flower also on the left arm, and a mountain with a circle on her upper left shoulder. She has a small mole between her lower mouth, and her chin. The American soldier is precious in our hearts for our nation’s valiant history, their bravery, the sacrifices they have made, and the many freedoms we have today. If you have seen PFC. Vanessa Guillen since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning PFC Vanessa Guillen’s disappearance; please call the U S Army CID Unit at (254) 495-7767, the U S Army Military Police Desk at (254) 287-4001, your local law enforcement - or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500

https://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-pfc-vanessa-guille…/"​

0.TES.poster.jpg.html

Attachments

• 0.TES.poster.JPG
    0.TES.poster.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 29
The very fact that there's a reward tells me they have a case, they need confirmation. They aren't, IMO, throwing darts for sport, they believe certain people will come forward, motivated by the reward money, and they're expecting that person to fill in the last blanks.

JMO
Excellent point

This gives a good perspective of how close her work is to her living quarters.

US Army Offers $15,000 Reward for Information on Missing Fort Hood Soldier

"Guillen worked in the "arms room" at Fort Hood, where she kept inventory of firearms and checked serial numbers, her sister said. That's the area where her keys and identification were found.

Guillen's car also was found where she usually parked it outside her barracks -- within walking distance of where she worked, Mayra Guillen said.

Her cell phone was the only item never found, she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.