Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-visiting my earlier speculation that Jock Doe might possibly be the mystery boyfriend of murdered in California, Montrealer- Reet Jurvetson. speculation, imo.
La Presse Article September 9, 2016 | Reet Jurvetson's Family Memorial
john-or-jean.png

PICTURE PROVIDED BY THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

Identified! - CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Manson Victim, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson

Last edited:
I live in Ontario with a few friends originally from northern Ontario close to the Quebec border and Noranda in Quebec. They also had poor dentition. One said it was their diet, lots of sweets and since most are Roman Catholic they came from large families, with anywhere from 7 to 10 siblings, so I suppose diet aside, economics came into play.

It seems that their view is verified by studies.
The 'joie de vivre' is real: Quebecers have a sweeter tooth and drink more wine than other Canadians, study finds

Quebecers’ teeth compared to those in Third World countries: experts

Thank you both for replying. I've been researching the abbreviations used in dentistry and so have come to realise that Jock had at least 8 teeth missing. And I know dental work is expensive but for LE to stress, in their bid to identify him, that Jock had received all this elaborate, high end treatment, I really expected to see a bit of gold, porcelain. Veneers even! And I may very well be wrong but after glaring at loadss of similar charts, I fail to see the uncommon, unique practice, that is so often mentioned in this case X

I think it was the root canals that were so unique. That's why the idiot forensic dentist broke the chain of custody and gave the victims teeth away to some school where they were later disposed of.

Re-visiting my earlier speculation that Jock Doe might possibly be the mystery boyfriend of murdered in California, Montrealer- Reet Jurvetson. speculation, imo.
La Presse Article September 9, 2016 | Reet Jurvetson's Family Memorial
john-or-jean.png

PICTURE PROVIDED BY THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

Identified! - CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Manson Victim, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson
This man is John 'Zero' Haught. He is the man whom Manson used as the 'bait' to lure young girls from their home and families.. he too was found dead in Nov 69. Shot in the head. It makes sense that he could be the 'boyfriend' of Reet.

Attachments

• john-zero-haught_manson.jpg
    john-zero-haught_manson.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 25
This man is John 'Zero' Haught. He is the man whom Manson used as the 'bait' to lure young girls from their home and families.. he too was found dead in Nov 69. Shot in the head. It makes sense that he could be the 'boyfriend' of Reet.

I don't think that is Zero. Zero had very light blue eyes and dark hair. I think that is Kenneth Bell.

re: tooth decay

In the 70s preventive dentistry wasn't a thing yet--people didn't go for twice-yearly cleanings and all that. Also, lots of people had very bad teeth because of the very high prevalence of sugary soft drinks, candy and gum, and smoking (which damages the gums). So it doesn't surprise me he had bad teeth.

I don't think that is Zero. Zero had very light blue eyes and dark hair. I think that is Kenneth Bell.
Oh I do apologise. I came across it on a website called ' Reet Jurveston. Deranged LA Crimes". I cannot for the life of me save or share a link, I am working on it though! X

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-224234.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200419-224234.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 26
Checked DNA project website..these two are still pending....
If they were involved in drug smuggling, could be why no one has come forward...in fear they could implicate themselves in criminal activity. Drug deal gone bad? Hard to believe TWO identifiable faces are not recognized. Why hasn't one person come forward all this time ?

If they were involved in drug smuggling, could be why no one has come forward...in fear they could implicate themselves in criminal activity. Drug deal gone bad? Hard to believe TWO identifiable faces are not recognized. Why hasn't one person come forward all this time ?
Think of Occam's razor. The most surface suggestion is oftentimes the right one. As far as I understand, in the 1970s people were not listed as missing because their families thought the missing persons had started a new life, a clean slate, moved on, lived their best life and similar narratives.

My BF is a Dentist. I had him look at our Male victims xrays. In his OPINION, he had extensive dental work that would have been pricey for the 1970's. Also, he feels that due to the location of bridge and crown work, it would have been caused from years of earlier neglect rather than contact sports.

Thank you both for replying. I've been researching the abbreviations used in dentistry and so have come to realise that Jock had at least 8 teeth missing. And I know dental work is expensive but for LE to stress, in their bid to identify him, that Jock had received all this elaborate, high end treatment, I really expected to see a bit of gold, porcelain. Veneers even! And I may very well be wrong but after glaring at loadss of similar charts, I fail to see the uncommon, unique practice, that is so often mentioned in this case X

I have always thought that the female does bear a striking resemblance to Maria Florence Anjiras. Just a teenager in early 1976 when she packed some belongings and left home. Lots of reported sightings in the months that ensued. Both her parents passed away in the early 80s but she does have a brother still searching. Depending on his age in 76", what would he remember, how does he picture her to look?? She looks different in every photograph available. And way back then, Maria parents probably never came across Sumpter Does's images. Lives played out in that sense could explain why nobody has ever came forward for these victims. I do hope that both victims and Maria are one day found and returned home to loved ones X

Is anybody familiar with the strange 1978 case of missing Timothy Lee Willoughby and his murdered girlfriend, Mary Ann Higginbottom?? An informant claimed that both were shot dead together in a professional style hit and although he was never found, sadly her skeletal remains were discovered 1979.. Her family never reported her missing. The similarities here are uncanny!! X

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 27
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 27
I find it odd that Jock stated that it was his father who had disowned him. Why did he not instead say 'my parents disowned me'? Excluding his mother from this admission indicates perhaps, (as was not uncommon in that time period), she was in complete submission to her husband's wishes. But, even then, she's still his parent and by not standing up for him she is, by default, guilty of passively disowning him as well and so it makes little sense that he didn't instead say 'my parents'.

Perhaps she had passed away when he was much younger? He may have been an only child as a result. This might explain why after decades and so very much interest from many skilled researchers that it seems no family member has sought to find him though any official channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong