GUILTY TX - Stacey Stites, 19, found murdered, Bastrop, 23 April 1996 *Appeal denied*

I asked you earlier how are his friends DNA at the scene. You seem to be avoiding anything I point out LOL

And basically a KKK member saying a white man admitted to killing her, and framing a black man. This testimony seems strange since I thought Aryan were for white people only?
Link to where it says his friends DNA is at the scene? That's new info.

Is there any proof RR even knew her? During what he claims was about a 6 month affair, surely there's things he'd have known about her that a complete stranger would not - her favorite color, what her hair looked like 6 months ago, what she wanted to do with her life (I know she didn't just want to work at a grocery store), how she took her coffee, her favorite drink, a piece of clothing she frequently wore (other than what she was found wearing). I feel like, if you've been seeing someone for 6 months, you know a little something about them. Maybe not everything, but something, ya know?
Apparently, he didn't know that she was NOT a user of cocaine.

Is there any proof RR even knew her? During what he claims was about a 6 month affair, surely there's things he'd have known about her that a complete stranger would not - her favorite color, what her hair looked like 6 months ago, what she wanted to do with her life (I know she didn't just want to work at a grocery store), how she took her coffee, her favorite drink, a piece of clothing she frequently wore (other than what she was found wearing). I feel like, if you've been seeing someone for 6 months, you know a little something about them. Maybe not everything, but something, ya know?
Apparently, he didn't know that she was NOT a user of cocaine.

There is NO evidence whatsoever that he knew her.

Full disclosure, I made this account just to reply to this thread.

1. About the beer cans.
The beer cans were not "fresh" as another user seems to claim.
"According to Ranger Wardlow, the cans, which had some pine needles on top of them and compressed needles below, appeared to have been there longer than Stacey's body."
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 126a

It is true than an initial, very broad, DQ-alpha DNA test could not exclude the victim, Stacey Stites and two cops; Ed Selmela/Salmela (spelling differs) and David Hall.
A more thorough DNA test done by the defense’s own expert, Dr. Johnson, did however rule out all three as contributors of the DNA on the beer cans in 1998
“Reed submitted Young's DNA-test results on the beer can (item number 24) found on the road near Stacey's body in his first subsequent state habeas application. Young could not exclude Stacey, Officer Hall, or Investigator Selmala as DNA contributors. But Reed's trial expert, Dr. Johnson, did exclude all three through Polymarker testing.”
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 181a

2. About the shoe in the truck.
The prosecution theorizes that part of the attack took place in the truck; that Stacey, according to them, was driving on her way to work for her usual shift around 3am, on the morning of the murder. For her shoe to be in the truck is not out of the ordinary, if part of the assault indeed took place in the truck, and that Stacey was pulled from the truck while buckled in.
"However, they and Ranger L.T. Wardlow, the lead investigator on the case, noted the driver’s seat position was reclined with the seatbelt fastened as if someone was pulled out of the seat while buckled in." https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 4a

If the shoe was proof of Jimmy Fennell's guilt, as you seem to be alluding to, why would he himself point it out to investigators? "Fennell observed several things in the truck that were “out of the ordinary.” First, one of the tennis shoes that Stacey normally wore to work was on the floorboard of the passenger's side of the truck." https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 105a

Lastly, The truck was found in the Bastrop High School parking lot, about sixth-tenths of a mile from Reeds’ residence. https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 116a, 207a
Before Reed became a suspect, LE theorized that this location would be convenient to the perpetrator.

3. I will leave you with a question of my own. Why was Reed lying about Stacey being a drug user?
In the 2006 documentary “State vs Reed”, Reed made the following statement about Stecey:
“I remember, there was a time, where Stacey, she would come with marijuana and wanted me to trade it for cocaine, crack cocaine. “
- Timecode approx. 50:49-51:05

Hair sample analysis however, did not reveal Stacey to be a user of cocaine. Likewise was her H.E.B employment drug screening negative for any drugs.
“Regarding the allegation of Stacey's crack cocaine use with Reed, the trial judge found that the toxicology report from Stacey's autopsy was negative for drugs and alcohol. The drug screen conducted by H.E.B. before Stacey was hired was also negative. Further, the trial judge found: Prior to trial, the State sent samples of Stacey Stites' hair to National Medical Services, Inc. in Pennsylvania. That laboratory analyzed 32 centimeters of her hair in order to determine whether cocaine or its metabolites were present. As that laboratory's report indicates, two different analyses were negative for cocaine. Since hair grows at an approximate rate of one centimeter per month, the State was prepared, through the use of these analyses, to prove that Stacey Stites was not a cocaine user for the last 32 months of her life.” https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-1093/34075/20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 179a
Nice, very informative.

Sorry, but I think he did it. I think RR was a serial rapist who got carried away that night and ended up killing her. Whether or not he deserves to be executed is debateable, I suppose, depending on how you feel about the death penalty. Me? I could take it or leave it, but I lean towards leave it, I don’t see it as necessary for justice to be done. But either way, it sounds to me like RR is what nightmares are made of.

Nice, very informative.

Sorry, but I think he did it. I think RR was a serial rapist who got carried away that night and ended up killing her. Whether or not he deserves to be executed is debateable, I suppose, depending on how you feel about the death penalty. Me? I could take it or leave it, but I lean towards leave it, I don’t see it as necessary for justice to be done. But either way, it sounds to me like RR is what nightmares are made of.

Thanks. This is just the top of the iceberg, Reed's counsel is deliberately misrepresenting evidence and misleading people into thinking there's reasonable doubt, when there really isn't. Then people just carelessly continue to spread the misinformation, until it becomes a fact. The beer cans is the prime example, if the poster I replied to had done some sleuthing (lol) they would have known the beer cans were a red herning.

Rodney Reed, the man whose DNA matched that found in Stites’ body, was convicted of her murder and has sat on death row for 22 years. He has long maintained his innocence and claims that he and Stites had a secret, consensual relationship.

Stites’ family believe that’s a lie.

“There has never been any evidence, whatsoever, there was any type of relationship,” Stites’ sister Debra Oliver told “20/20.” “There’s no notes, there’s no letters, no phone records.”

The Innocence Project, a non-profit legal organization that works to free wrongly convicted people, picked up Reed’s case in 2012.
Investigation and conviction in 1996 murder raises questions

Rodney Reed case: Newly obtained list shows 41 potential witnesses

"A witness list obtained by KXAN for an upcoming July hearing in the death-row case of Rodney Reed shows 18 people, including the murder victim’s former fiancé Jimmy Fennell, the defense plans to call to testify. There are another 23 witnesses who may be called.

The witness list shows many individuals who were never mentioned or associated with Reed’s original Bastrop trial in 1998. Included among the names is Arthur Snow, a former state prison inmate who served time with Fennell in 2010 and said Fennell confessed to killing his fiancé, according to a sworn affidavit.

The upcoming Bastrop hearing presents perhaps one of the best opportunities for Reed, now 53, to get a new trial. Reed was convicted of murdering 19-year-old Stacey Stites in Bastrop in 1996. He has remained on death row for more than two decades and has maintained his innocence all along.

Reed has been represented for years by the Innocence Project, and his defense team has uncovered numerous new witnesses and evidence they say cast doubt on the state’s original case. Reed has asserted Fennell is the actual killer.

Fennell has never responded to a request for comment, and he has steadfastly denied he killed Stites. Fennell separately served 10 years in prison. He was originally charged with raping a woman in his custody while he was a Georgetown police officer but pleaded guilty to lesser crimes."

Rodney Reed case: Was newly-discovered evidence withheld at Rodney Reed's 1998 trial?

BASTROP, Texas (KXAN) — Seizing on two letters they received in late June, attorneys for convicted death-row prisoner Rodney Reed said prosecutors withheld information at his trial from witnesses that spoke of a possible consensual relationship between the victim and Reed, according to court filings.

An Office of Attorney General prosecutor sent two “disclosure letters” to Reed’s defense attorney Andrew MacRae on Friday, June 25.

In one of the two disclosure letters, a state prosecutor said he was providing “witness interview summaries…created by the trial prosecution team in preparation for the underlying 1998 criminal prosecution. I discovered these summaries on Monday, June 21, 2021, and Tuesday, June 22, 2021. It was the first time I had seen them,” according to the prosecutor, whose name is redacted.

According to Reed’s attorneys, the letters show the state had information that at least hinted at a relationship between Reed and 19-year-old Stacey Stites. The witness statements weren’t disclosed to Reed’s defense prior to his trial, his attorneys said in court filings.

Reed’s attorney said his defense team was entitled to those summaries and the underlying information 23 years ago.

Rodney Reed’s family speaks at rally ahead of new evidentiary hearing starting Monday | KXAN Austin

BASTROP COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Rodney Reed’s family spoke at a rally Saturday afternoon ahead of a new evidentiary hearing beginning on Monday.

Campaigners and Reed’s supporters argue he was wrongfully convicted of murdering Stacey Stites in Bastrop in 1996. Reed has been on death row for more than 20 years.

His mother Sandra and brother Rodrick were among the speakers at the rally, which began at 3 p.m. outside the Bastrop County Courthouse.

It comes ahead of the new hearing in Reed’s case, which starts Monday and is slated to last for two weeks.

This week, Reed’s attorneys claimed prosecutors withheld information at his trial from witnesses who spoke about a possible consensual relationship between Stites and Reed, according to court filings.

The attorneys claim the letters show the state had information at least hinting at a relationship between the pair. Reed’s attorney said his defense team was entitled to those summaries and the underlying information 23 years ago.

Reed was scheduled to be executed in 2019, but the Texas Court of Appeals granted an indefinite stay at the last minute.

On the free RR site it says that members of Stacey’s family have confirmed that the two were in a consensual relationship, is this actually true?
The DNA evidence is damning and there is no reasonable explanation for why it would be there unless he did kill her or they were in a relationship but if they were then why would RR say she used drugs if we know from tox screens that she didn’t?

On the free RR site it says that members of Stacey’s family have confirmed that the two were in a consensual relationship, is this actually true?
The DNA evidence is damning and there is no reasonable explanation for why it would be there unless he did kill her or they were in a relationship but if they were then why would RR say she used drugs if we know from tox screens that she didn’t?

It's just another lie from the reed camp.

Her family has always ademately denied that she was in a relationship with Reed.

The only family member who has said that they were in a relationship is an estranged cousin of Stacey's who the family says they have not had any contact with her for years.

No one ever came forward during the original trial saying they knew of any Reed-Stites relationship. Reed never admitted to any knowledge of Stites until confronted with the DNA results. And, if Stites was killed by her fiance several hours earlier than previously determined by the original pathologist, WHY was she wearing her HEB work uniform when the body was found? All of this points to one person only: REED

Rodney Reed’s family speaks at rally ahead of new evidentiary hearing starting Monday | KXAN Austin

BASTROP COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Rodney Reed’s family spoke at a rally Saturday afternoon ahead of a new evidentiary hearing beginning on Monday.

Campaigners and Reed’s supporters argue he was wrongfully convicted of murdering Stacey Stites in Bastrop in 1996. Reed has been on death row for more than 20 years.

His mother Sandra and brother Rodrick were among the speakers at the rally, which began at 3 p.m. outside the Bastrop County Courthouse.

It comes ahead of the new hearing in Reed’s case, which starts Monday and is slated to last for two weeks.

This week, Reed’s attorneys claimed prosecutors withheld information at his trial from witnesses who spoke about a possible consensual relationship between Stites and Reed, according to court filings.

The attorneys claim the letters show the state had information at least hinting at a relationship between the pair. Reed’s attorney said his defense team was entitled to those summaries and the underlying information 23 years ago.

Reed was scheduled to be executed in 2019, but the Texas Court of Appeals granted an indefinite stay at the last minute.
What defense attorney doesn't claim the state withheld information and evidence at his trial? Reed is so guilty it stinks. There was no information withheld about a relationship because there wasn't one. Stacey was happily planning her marriage, not sneaking off sleeping with Reed, just ridiculous. Reed is a serial rapist who graduated to murder. He murdered Stacey and he's going to pay for that with his own life.

Possibly with a swab as one example[/QU
Nice, very informative.

He would be eligible for parole if he had not received the DP and no one wants him walking around free, a serial rapist who graduated to murder, probably would have become a serial killer if not for the courage of Linda S.

Possibly with a swab as one example[/QU
Rodney Reed, the man whose DNA matched that found in Stites’ body, was convicted of her murder and has sat on death row for 22 years. He has long maintained his innocence and claims that he and Stites had a secret, consensual relationship.

Stites’ family believe that’s a lie.

“There has never been any evidence, whatsoever, there was any type of relationship,” Stites’ sister Debra Oliver told “20/20.” “There’s no notes, there’s no letters, no phone records.”

The Innocence Project, a non-profit legal organization that works to free wrongly convicted people, picked up Reed’s case in 2012.
Investigation and conviction in 1996 murder raises questions
The IP is lying to the public about the Rodney Reed case. The DNA in this case is overwhelming proof of his guilt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back