GUILTY TX - Colby Tutt, 13, injured, attempted murder by mother, Fort Worth, 2016

Brubeck

take five
Reaction score
'Attention-seeking' mother is found GUILTY of attempted murder for lying about 13-year-old son's medical condition, fabricating his symptoms to raise donations and almost starving him to death
  • Danita Tutt, 42, was found guilty of attempted murder by a Texas jury Friday
  • She is accused of lying about her 13-year-old son Colby's medical condition
  • Her 'lies' prompted doctors to perform unnecessary surgeries
  • The Texas mother is also accused of starving him and bought a casket for Colby
  • Tutt was indicted on five counts including injury to a child causing bodily injury
  • Her family expressed their dismay at the verdict as it was read Friday

There is an A and E special on about this case---right now

The new series on A&E, Accused: Guilty or Innocent? returns on April 28 with its second episode titled “Attempted Murder or Protective Mother?” The show explores the case of Danita Thetford Tutt, a mother from Cleburne, Texas, who was accused in 2016 of attempting to murder her son, Colby Tutt. The prosecution allegedthat Tutt injured her son through unnecessary surgeries and then withheld food from him in an attempt to starve him. Tutt denied these allegations, saying that she only followed the recommendations from doctors and hospice workers.

There is an A and E special on about this case---right now

The new series on A&E, Accused: Guilty or Innocent? returns on April 28 with its second episode titled “Attempted Murder or Protective Mother?” The show explores the case of Danita Thetford Tutt, a mother from Cleburne, Texas, who was accused in 2016 of attempting to murder her son, Colby Tutt. The prosecution allegedthat Tutt injured her son through unnecessary surgeries and then withheld food from him in an attempt to starve him. Tutt denied these allegations, saying that she only followed the recommendations from doctors and hospice workers.
That is why I am here! There has got to be more to this story, right!? Or has the jury gotten it wrong once again?

There has o be more!!! There’s no way based on the little information given in that show could I even attempt form an opinion. I want to hear what the doctors said during train. Connie, the expert... how was his health when they were taken away for 9 months. Ugh so frustrated right now with this! Can we get the court transcripts?

There has o be more!!! There’s no way based on the little information given in that show could I even attempt form an opinion. I want to hear what the doctors said during train. Connie, the expert... how was his health when they were taken away for 9 months. Ugh so frustrated right now with this! Can we get the court transcripts?
I have to HOPE there is way more to this story!!
It is possible the jury got it wrong, unfortunately.
I lost all faith in my "peers" when I sat on a jury. The ignorance of what exactly our job is/was as a juror, lack of basic law knowledge, and the amount of jurors who just wanted to go home and wanted to agree with the majority was mind blowing. I could not believe what I was witnessing and at the sake of someone's freedom. Thee most selfish, self serving, disappointing display!
I say all the time, there needs to be some sort of class WITH a test you need to pass. The courts should just figure that we know nothing before being deemed as a suitable juror. Especially in cases so serious! Of course MOO and this was just my experience.
I do hope the show has placed some light on this and something is done if need be.
Oh and "C". I feel very strongly about "C". I of course looked her right up and she just doesn't look like the type to jump to a conclusions or be so destructive without ALL the facts. But what does that type look like!? That alone for me "she doesn't look like the type" got me thinking and brought me here. What was left out? Again, there is got to be more. MOO

First- I’m sorry for all my typo’s!! I was tired and extremely frustrated after watching that nonsense.

Second- I should have not used C’s full name. I wasn’t thinking. So if needed please edit or delete.

I also tried to find more info on the case and ones involved. Not much out there. Hoping some others will join us and can help.

I have to HOPE there is way more to this story!!
It is possible the jury got it wrong, unfortunately.
I lost all faith in my "peers" when I sat on a jury. The ignorance of what exactly our job is/was as a juror, lack of basic law knowledge, and the amount of jurors who just wanted to go home and wanted to agree with the majority was mind blowing. I could not believe what I was witnessing and at the sake of someone's freedom. Thee most selfish, self serving, disappointing display!
I say all the time, there needs to be some sort of class WITH a test you need to pass. The courts should just figure that we know nothing before being deemed as a suitable juror. Especially in cases so serious! Of course MOO and this was just my experience.
I do hope the show has placed some light on this and something is done if need be.
Oh and "C". I feel very strongly about "C". I of course looked her right up and she just doesn't look like the type to jump to a conclusions or be so destructive without ALL the facts. But what does that type look like!? That alone for me "she doesn't look like the type" got me thinking and brought me here. What was left out? Again, there is got to be more. MOO

Interested to hear more about this case as well. FWIW, I felt in my gut while watching the A&E special, that she was guilty. Like others, I have many questions, especially how did the young man respond while out of his mother's custody for 9 months? And if he's been so medically fragile all his life, why is he just fine since his mom's been in jail? (P.S. I did go into this documentary with a totally open mind, and had never heard about the case before.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back