Georgia - Coronavirus COVID-19

It's time to move on. We have immune systems that can adapt if given the opportunity. This isn't Bubonic plague and rarely causes death. Anyone who wants to stay sheltered should, but most don't want to be under house arrest forever. It has to be a choice for each adult.
Speaking of choices, my husband Paramedic picked up a woman last week who had suspected covid (hadn't had a test yet because the testing is drive thru and she didn't have a car). Anyway, the boyfriend was standing there and then kissed her although both Paramedics tried to stop him......He said "I ain't scared of no virus"....
Thry picked him up this week with suspected covid.
I kid you not....

I don't think I have posted this, but for those that live in Fulton County, GA, this is a breakdown by zip codes of number of infections.

Hopefully, the Roswell Mayor will continue to update this every few days. I think she's the only one who has released this as most agencies are keeping this under wraps, but she released as she vehemently disagreed with Kemp MOO and she published to show growth over 3 days.

https://www.roswellgov.com/home/showdocument?id=7354

ETA:
Also, theses are the testing sites now in Georgia... Additional COVID-19 Testing Sites Online in Georgia

It's time to move on. We have immune systems that can adapt if given the opportunity. This isn't Bubonic plague and rarely causes death. Anyone who wants to stay sheltered should, but most don't want to be under house arrest forever. It has to be a choice for each adult.
Maybe what speed people drive on the highway should also be a choice for each adult? I care about the economy. But rules with some enforceable teeth need to be in place for a reopening- and there are none. The numbers for hospitalizations, medical bills and lost wages are going to climb- not just deaths. No one needs to go get their nails done right now. Good grief. Moo

Maybe what speed people drive on the highway should also be a choice for each adult? I care about the economy. But rules with some enforceable teeth need to be in place for a reopening- and there are none. The numbers for hospitalizations, medical bills and lost wages are going to climb- not just deaths. No one needs to go get their nails done right now. Good grief. Moo

Highway speed has nothing to do with this subject. I don't know about your state, but mine has very definite rules about re-opening. Steps and procedures for each phase, and most are willing to comply with the process. You may not get your nails done right now, but I support those who want to take advantage of this service as well as those who need the livelihood. Everyone can't be subjected to the whims of a few. Stay isolated for as long as you feel you need to do so, but accept that many want their freedoms back. I am one of those.

And the one that really gets me...get a tattoo! Really?

Highway speed has nothing to do with this subject. I don't know about your state, but mine has very definite rules about re-opening. Steps and procedures for each phase, and most are willing to comply with the process. You may not get your nails done right now, but I support those who want to take advantage of this service as well as those who need the livelihood. Everyone can't be subjected to the whims of a few. Stay isolated for as long as you feel you need to do so, but accept that many want their freedoms back. I am one of those.
That’s awesome if your state has responsible rules for re-opening. Unfortunately GA does not. It’s a free-for-all & there are about to be thousands more infected, hospitalized & dying in the next few months. Kemp has ignored medical experts & concerned mayors across the state.
Georgia starts to reopen but nervous mayors warn that coronavirus crisis isn't over

Well okie dokie then. People are going to randomly come by folks house without notice and ask them for blood and question them? That's interesting. I wonder which tests they are using, because as I posted on the main thread just yesterday, some of the tests have a 14% false positive rate.

COVID-19 Antibody Testing Activity

The Georgia Department of Public Health, Fulton County and Dekalb County Boards of Health are working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to learn more about the spread of COVID-19 in the community. This investigation will help us estimate the percentage of people in the community who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. Some people may have had COVID-19 but were not tested, did not have any symptoms, or did not seek medical care.

From April 28 through May 4, teams will be visiting randomly selected homes in Fulton and Dekalb counties to ask residents questions about their health and to collect blood samples for an antibody test......

More at link

If you live in the Atlanta area, the Blue Angels flyover is tomorrow.
e2116389-dccb-4029-92e1-45b33f50f2b4_1140x641.jpg

atlantaflyover.JPG

@JerseyGirl posted this in the main thread. Has anyone seen to do a screenshot or a link to the ad mentioned in the article?

Georgia's governor said they could reopen. More than 50 restaurateurs said in a newspaper ad they're not ready

In a full-page advertisement in a local newspaper, more than 50 restaurateurs said they would hunker down for a little longer.

"We pledge ourselves to act as custodians of the public's trust," the statement reads. "...Recognizing that each operator faces incredibly difficult decisions on the path ahead, we affirm the fact that public safety is the top priority as we navigate the challenge."

_

US health officials urged states to hold off on easing any restrictions until they saw a 14-day continuous decline in cases and had sufficient capacity for both testing and contact tracing. Experts say Georgia hadn't checked any of those boxes before it kicked off its reopening plan.

Reporting from S GA. As all know, hair salons are open; son went and got a "real" haircut. He wears a respirator quite a bit at work- needs the sides, etc. cut down for compliance with how they mandate it fits to the skin ( like firefighters, etc) I'm not a pro with the clippers. He is DOD, therefore essential- and has been at work through the shelter in place. He said there's more contact with more people at Walmart and work than at the salon.

ETA: we are at 35 cases total 1 death ( the man who came from another state with symptoms). Half of the cases are from known contact with said gentleman. They count him as a resident as he has a home here as well as in the other state.

Reporting from S GA. As all know, hair salons are open; son went and got a "real" haircut. He wears a respirator quite a bit at work- needs the sides, etc. cut down for compliance with how they mandate it fits to the skin ( like firefighters, etc) I'm not a pro with the clippers. He is DOD, therefore essential- and has been at work through the shelter in place. He said there's more contact with more people at Walmart and work than at the salon.

ETA: we are at 35 cases total 1 death ( the man who came from another state with symptoms). Half of the cases are from known contact with said gentleman. They count him as a resident as he has a home here as well as in the other state.
I understand the fit test for the respirator, think no facial hair for best fit? Hubs would probably agree with your son. It’s crazy.
You can only possess one driver’s license.
I was told by the DMV that I was considered to be a resident of GA if I had a valid GA drivers license.

According to the Georgia Department of Public Health's coronavirus daily status report, the 32,969 cases are up from 32,568 cases and 1,401 deaths reported Saturday evening.

The public health department reports 5,994 people have been hospitalized due to coronavirus and 1,412 people have been admitted into intensive care units; however, the website notes the number could be underreported.

More than 3,200 health care workers have tested positive for coronavirus — 82% of whom are female and 18% of whom are male.

Now, after state officials urged Georgians to get tested, more than 243,500 people have been tested.

The Georgia State Public Health Lab has reported 2,341 positive results and commercial labs have reported 30,603 positive results.

The department reported black Georgians account for 11,711 cases while white Georgians account for 9,989 cases. The race of 4,695 cases is still unknown and more than 4,249 cases are designated as missing.
UPDATE: Georgia nears 33,000 COVID-19 cases

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288