OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to question the Defense claims that they do not have all the discovery. I can believe that they have not reviewed all of it yet, due to the volume of the information. But the claim also throws the blame on the Prosecution.

IMO, the Defense has all the Discovery that the Prosecution has to provide at this time. They are not entitled to everything they want.

Yes. And with photos for the Jury to see, I don't think the general public will see them.

Canepa argued against the motion that all crime scene photos of the victims be kept out. She said it should be done on a case by case basis when it comes up at trial at which point she would go over the photos - with the defense - that she wants the jury to see. I can't remember what she said exactly word for word, she said this in court. The quote below is from a MSM article.

She also said:

“Death is not pretty,” using possibly upsetting or explicit photos is likely to, unfortunately, prove necessary to the prosecution’s cases."

Past suspect behaviors, grisly murder scene photos may play parts in Rhoden trials - Portsmouth Daily Times
If Canepa quoted that phrase (The Deaths Are Not Pretty) you can bet that some of the Rhodens suffered when the time of their murders was happening, JMO

Wel too bad the trials won't start any time soon, like 7am tomorrow. Just break out the whips and chairs and get cracka-lacking. Build fires inder the appropriate chairs and have at it.
Don't think I'll be seeing it. Whenever they pull it together.

Feels like the clock running out. Like the sun goi'n down on me.
Angie's attorney made it clear they want fall trials
and wanted April hearings and the virus is postponing the hearings from April to June.

For Angie's lawyer to say this case is "long in the tooth" means he is tired of waiting and wants Angie's trial in the fall unless the virus precludes it.

I think what her lawyer said to the MSM is very good news and means a possible 2020 trial for Angie. I don't think this lawyer was lying when he said all this.

I hope to hear your opinions when her trial gets going....;)

Last edited:
They lost control because people from outside the area were in charge of the investigation. People like Angela Canepa and AG DeWine. The Wags controlled a lot of locals, as many here surmised (the Boss Hogg theory). DeWine was also running for governor, which gave him extra incentive to personally supervise the case and make sure arrests were made.

I get it but have never subscribed to the "Boss Hogg" theory.

Many times posters have commented about Fred/Wagners having all this influence and power over others in their community and I have never been able to substantiate that.

All I have been able to find is Fred and the Wagners having power and control over their employees on their horse farm and over their tenants on their own property but not anywhere else in their community.

I can't find anything about any Wagner being on any local commission boards or in local politics or spearheading local fund raisers or donating money, any money at all, to local organizations. I don't see anything showing them investing in any of their local businesses or see any involvement from them whatsoever in local Government or God forbid volunteering at any charity events to help anyone in their community.

They are all a big FAT ZERO as far as having been influential in their community and having been involved with anything other than themselves.

Am I missing something? I have looked for this great and powerful Wagner community connection for years and have never found it. If anything, many people seem to have had negative experiences (Horse Chronicles) when doing business with Flying W Farms.

Last edited:
I prefer to think no one suffered. If they made any of the victims suffer by being scared before they were shot, then justice will be served when the guilty are scared "shirtless" sitting on DR.

If they were awake, any of them, then it was bad. I hoped they were all asleep but based on DR, CR, and CR2, I just don't think all of them were asleep. I could be wrong. I hope that I am.

Many times posters have commented about Fred/Wagners having all this influence and power over others in their community and I have never been able to substantiate that.

All I have been able to find is Fred and the Wagners having power and control over their employees on their horse farm and over their tenants on their own property but not anywhere else in their community.

I can't find anything about any Wagner being on any local commission boards or in local politics or spearheading local fund raisers or donating money, any money at all, to local organizations. I don't see anything showing them investing in any of their local businesses or see any involvement from them whatsoever in local Government or God forbid volunteering at any charity events to help anyone in their community.

They are all a big FAT ZERO as far as having been influential in their community and having been involved with anything other than themselves.

Am I missing something? I have looked for this great and powerful Wagner community connection for years and have never found it. If anything, many people seem to have had negative experiences (Horse Chronicles) when doing business with Flying W Farms.

In my opinion “Boss Hogg” is a two sided coin. You have the wealthy/powerful and corrupt government officials.

Maybe the Wagners was the Boss of Under current of crime in Pike count, they was the go to people for what was needed that wasn’t legal, JMO
They came from nothing and now their worth 4 million dollars in a county hit hard by no work and low wages. How do they stay so wealthy?

Maybe the Wagners was the Boss of Under current of crime in Pike count, they was the go to people for what was needed that wasn’t legal, JMO
They came from nothing and now their worth 4 million dollars in a county hit hard by no work and low wages. How do they stay so wealthy?

Fred and Bob worked 50 years building the wealth. The only other wealthy one is Robin who runs the farm and is involved with the other FWF businesses.

The older son developed his own farm. It appears Billy and his family lived off of Fred and worked for her under the table.

People stay wealthy because they don't spend their money, they sit on it. They also invest it.

I think Jake was too much of a coward to face HR and tell her anything, thus shooting her in her sleep. They were all too damn cowardly to talk to any of the victims. They shot them quickly like the cowards they are.

I don't think she was asleep. How could she be? I think most of us is of the opinion that Dana was killed first and probably was not in bed (per April's statement of what James told her). I think it is the general opinion she was found lying either in the living room or hallway. Chris JR heard and tried to hide so that lets us know the shots and noise (perhaps screaming ect) was loud enough for him to hear, otherwise why would he hide? So therefore the only conclusion we can draw is Hanna also heard and was awake. Jake may be a coward, but he is also a narcissistic psychopath who would take extreme pleasure in torturing and hurting the woman who hurt him by leaving. So you can bet the farm she died last after he told her how many of her family he had killed. It fits with what we know of him and how he acts in court.

JMO

I tend to think there was some discussion with DR b/c of the locations of the shots. It seems they had a very personal issue with her, or it was supposed to look that way. Possibly some conversation with CR2 due to him very likely being awake (hate typing that).

BBM

And hiding which is a forgone conclusion from the evidence of where he was found. No way Hanna slept through all that. No way Jake would let her sleep though it.

Keep in mind it has been proven over and over that the first year is the most dangerous time after a woman leaves an abuser. The murders happened within that first year.

JMO

Billy (G3)05/04/2020

DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION FILEDAttorney: COLLINS, MARK C

05/05/2020 ENTRY GRANTING MOTION FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION IN THE AMOUNT OF $5,000.00

FILED AND MAILED COPIES CDB

We discussed that Boss Hogg theory a few months after the murders back in 2016. I still believe in it. The Wags never thought they would be caught and if they were that it would be swept under the rug like everything else they ever did was because of how much they owned. They vastly underestimated the worldwide publicity the murders brought and never expected Charlie to call in the BCI immediately and probably deeply shocked that DeWine hopped the first ride out to examine the crime scenes himself.

JMO

I don't think she was asleep. How could she be? I think most of us is of the opinion that Dana was killed first and probably was not in bed (per April's statement of what James told her). I think it is the general opinion she was found lying either in the living room or hallway. Chris JR heard and tried to hide so that lets us know the shots and noise (perhaps screaming ect) was loud enough for him to hear, otherwise why would he hide? So therefore the only conclusion we can draw is Hanna also heard and was awake. Jake may be a coward, but he is also a narcissistic psychopath who would take extreme pleasure in torturing and hurting the woman who hurt him by leaving. So you can bet the farm she died last after he told her how many of her family he had killed. It fits with what we know of him and how he acts in court.

JMO

I think JW killed HG too. That was overkill imo.

BBM

How about a drug trafficking ring? Some of those (Horse Chronicles) experiences mentions hiding drugs inside horses that were being transported. The head of such a ring would wield enormous power in any given county. Under cover power driven by fear, whispered about behind closed doors, with a few dirty cops thrown in. Explains the wealth and how they kept it also. Keep in mind that Charlie was not an elected sheriff at the time of the murders so he called in BCI. He took over from a sheriff who was ousted along with some deputies for lets say "crooked" dealings. All I got to say is it is a great thing that AC is running the show and not Junk who was BFF's with more than a few of those questionable cops. JJ comes to mind.

JMO

Fred and Bob worked 50 years building the wealth. The only other wealthy one is Robin who runs the farm and is involved with the other FWF businesses.

The older son developed his own farm. It appears Billy and his family lived off of Fred and worked for her under the table.

People stay wealthy because they don't spend their money, they sit on it. They also invest it.
Somebody spent a lot of money on all the toys that GW4 and brother Jake had, and also these people drove vehicles that cost over $50,000 new, they had the very best horse trailer and several acreage of land they would have had to sell a lot of pigs, dogs and horses, JMO I really can’t see it at all, the family except for the oldest son depended on Flying W for a living plus the workers FW has employed.

Im sorry if I make someone mad about the doubt I have for the legit of Fredericka and the Flying-W-Farm / Nursing home for the the mentally disabled, businesses. I read all the past legal lawsuits that FW got by with, to evict poor people off her land after they pay thousands for land contracts, what about the 4 people she had in the so called Nursing home that paid FW, RW and a few others a big salary to run it from the Sate of Ohio, FW claimed big tax breaks on the Church and that Nursing Home she had every year, FW had people that worked in Pike County courthouse to help her do the poor wrong, when the poor couldn’t pay interest rate that was so high that the Rockefeller’s couldn’t pay it, those people was trying to just have a home . FW stood up on national tv telling the world with a bible in one hand and a picture of Jesus in the other hand that her family where innocent, ( Bullcrap) when she talks on camera with a smile that can’t be trusted, if I’m wrong about how the News media has laid out all that I wrote about for us to see please again fore give if I’m out of line, JMO

Somebody spent a lot of money on all the toys that GW4 and brother Jake had, and also these people drove vehicles that cost over $50,000 new, they had the very best horse trailer and several acreage of land they would have had to sell a lot of pigs, dogs and horses, JMO I really can’t see it at all, the family except for the oldest son depended on Flying W for a living plus the workers FW has employed.

Im sorry if I make someone mad about the doubt I have for the legit of Fredericka and the Flying-W-Farm / Nursing home for the the mentally disabled, businesses. I read all the past legal lawsuits that FW got by with, to evict poor people off her land after they pay thousands for land contracts, what about the 4 people she had in the so called Nursing home that paid FW, RW and a few others a big salary to run it from the Sate of Ohio, FW claimed big tax breaks on the Church and that Nursing Home she had every year, FW had people that worked in Pike County courthouse to help her do the poor wrong, when the poor couldn’t pay interest rate that was so high that the Rockefeller’s couldn’t pay it, those people was trying to just have a home . FW stood up on national tv telling the world with a bible in one hand and a picture of Jesus in the other hand that her family where innocent, ( Bullcrap) when she talks on camera with a smile that can’t be trusted, if I’m wrong about how the News media has laid out all that I wrote about for us to see please again fore give if I’m out of line, JMO
BBM
In my opinion you got all this correct from the media coverage except one thing. The only people in the Pike County Courthouse who helped Fred "bilk" people out of their land contracts were her "high priced" attorneys, not any county court employees who were constrained by the wording of the contracts and the persistent legal filings of her attorneys.

Last edited:

Agree with you, but to me the most damning evidence is in the W4's court records. Billy and Angie were never truly held accountable or punished for any of the crimes they ever committed (well, up to the murders). There were cases that were dismissed because the time limitations had expired. But, in one way or another the W4 got away without any jail time or consequences.

That strongly speaks to me the family had some very strong "influence" in the area with both the prosecuting attorney's and the judges.

JMO. MOO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member