Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

Yall help me reason out why if it was planned why Stephanie would not have made plans for the dog left behind in the apartment.Perhaps a fit of rage? Suicidal and not thinking clear. Gosh I hope more details about the accident are forthcoming soon! Very sad, none the less.

Just a crazy thought and one I'd probably shake my head at if I read it (so I will not take any offense if you guys think I'm nuts). What if this was foul play and the 911 caller had something to do with it? The car didn't look that banged up to me. Was the windshield even smashed? Did no one else see or hear anything? If this was obviously an accident, why so many cops and dog(s) at the scene today? Why did the cops not notice anything the night they went out? Hopefully they'll really look at the person who made the call to make sure it's genuine.

Disclaimer...I've been listening to a podcast about Israel Keyes so I pretty much think everyone is a serial killer.

Yall help me reason out why if it was planned why Stephanie would not have made plans for the dog left behind in the apartment.Perhaps a fit of rage? Suicidal and not thinking clear. Gosh I hope more details about the accident are forthcoming soon! Very sad, none the less.
They didn't need to make plans for their dog because they had at least one roommate, she would eventually let the dog out and feed him. It wouldn't be the first case of people just living pets behind though.

They were going somewhere. They could have easily gone back home but they didn't. I still feel like they were going to meet someone. The might have stopped at the store first in case they were late getting back and the store was closed. I think that's why during the press conference they alluded that they were following some things. I think they were going to meet someone but they didn't show up because of the accident. They could have been arguing and not paying attention and ran off the road.

The place where they got snacks was very close to their apartment, just a few minutes drive. The place where they crashed was not on the way home from there. In fact, it was in the other direction.

I believe Gray Hughes shows all the mapped out locations on his videos about this case. I'm trying to do my own map using Google Earth will post it up if I get it finished. :)

The place where they got snacks was very close to their apartment, just a few minutes drive. The place where they crashed was not on the way home from there. In fact, it was in the other direction.

I believe Gray Hughes shows all the mapped out locations on his videos about this case. I'm trying to do my own map using Google Earth will post it up if I get it finished. :)
Thank you so much!

I am normally so pro LE but I would think one of the first things you would do in a missing persons case is look at police calls for the time they went missing. We do it here all the time. Well not maybe all the time because we may have seen something here if we had looked, IDK. I do believe this was an accident though.

Call me crazy, but I still don't feel like this was an accident. It could be though. But it's a really big coincidence that the one girl that had her phone and an assault charge was driving, and the girl that left her phone back home with everyone that cared about her blocked was the passenger. If they hit a wall how could they have gone so far into the woods or whatever? I hope they fully investigate it and find out if the brakes were used. Just saying. Also, is the place where they were found on the way to their home? Where does the store they went to fit on that route? It's very tragic and I feel really bad for their families.
I agree with your thinking. Also, if the brakes were used it would have left marks on the highway and since LE and EMTs and Firemen could not find the car that tells me that there were no marks on the highway.

Oh noooo. So sorry to read this tonight.
RIP girls.
I went to check in on their FB group and FB would not bring up the page, so I thought FB was just being wonky on me. ( which I found out now, it was) but that made me come in here and I saw the updates.
Prayers to both of the girls' families.
I am so glad that at least found them.
Sounds like they should have been found earlier than this. A 911 call earlier??
A bad judgement call with LE ??

I understand it is just folks opinion but I am not sure why the murder suicide is so prevalent. I know a person could be the happiest person and still commit suicide but I do not know.

Also was Stephanie driving ? Since she is the one everyone thinks is the culprit. Turns out they knew each other for years.

Anyways, I'll just patiently wait for the reports and read the theories. Either way RIP young women.

An accident at 60 miles per hour I can understand. At approximately 100 miles per hour sounds deliberately reckless to me. JMO.

apparently my Google Earth on the phone doesn't allow me to pinpoint stuff so this is the best I could do from Google maps.

The first pic is from their apartment to K and D's Mini Mart. 0.4 miles north.

Screenshot_20200506-123813.png

The second is from the Mini Mart to the intersection of River Road and Independence Blvd. As you can see they have to double back, go past their apartment and head south west for quite some distance. 13 mins drive, 7.1 miles.

Screenshot_20200506-124621.png

Independence boulevard is very straight. A joyride gone wrong is not out of the question but I still believe the reported extreme speed is of some concern.

Yeah that is still one of my questions because I feel like driving, even late and no traffic, from Kerr to River Road is obnoxious at best but more like a pain <modsnip> Why were they there? One of the things I read/watched said maybe because it is also a wedding venue but there’s a bajillion of those here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand it is just folks opinion but I am not sure why the murder suicide is so prevalent. I know a person could be the happiest person and still commit suicide but I do not know.

Also was Stephanie driving ? Since she is the one everyone thinks is the culprit. Turns out they knew each other for years.

Anyways, I'll just patiently wait for the reports and read the theories. Either way RIP young women.

according to Grays YouTube video, Stevie said Paige was the passenger. So, it can be assumed that Stephan was the driver.

Yeah that is still one of my questions because I feel like driving, even late and no traffic, from Kerr to River Road is obnoxious at best but more like a pain in the *advertiser censored*. Why were they there? One of the things I read/watched said maybe because it is also a wedding venue but there’s a bajillion of those here.

Perhaps people are referring to the Riverfront Weddings sign at that very intersection. Is it possible they hit the concrete wall/sign on the right. But if so wouldn't there be some sign of a collision?

Screenshot_20200506-130521.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire