NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I am still bumping this case all these years later. Sad. It's been too long for this family to get answers. I have always felt this is solvable.
Justice for Colin!!

Colin W. Gillis – The Charley Project

colin_w._gillis_3.jpg

Man, I wish I could have met this kid. I feel like he has been a part of my life and I never even knew him. It's weird that all these years later I still find myself thinking of him often and bumping his thread and wondering if his disappearance will ever be solved. The least I can do is give his thread a bump. I wish I could do more. No news here in years. Truly tragic beyond words.
One day, Colin.
For you, I hope!

Man, I wish I could have met this kid. I feel like he has been a part of my life and I never even knew him. It's weird that all these years later I still find myself thinking of him often and bumping his thread and wondering if his disappearance will ever be solved. The least I can do is give his thread a bump. I wish I could do more. No news here in years. Truly tragic beyond words.
One day, Colin.
For you, I hope!

This is one of the oldest cases I still think about often. I wish his family would reach out to one of the podcasts to try to get more traction.

*bump*

Colin's birthday is in a couple weeks, then the 8th anniversary...I wish they could at least locate him so his family knows what happened. I do think foul play was involved and would love to see to justice for Colin, but mostly I want to see his family get him back.

The kids that were at this party know.more than they are saying. The young men who offered him a ride need to be investigated! The timeline does not match. Colin's brother Ian said he left the Party at 1:33am . The kids who apparently offered him a ride told the police they saw him at 1:30. It takes approximately 20 minutes to walk up Setting Pole damn rd to reach rt 3.. clearly impossible for these kids to have seen him walking before he left the party. But they offered him a ride??? Not to mention the kid who offered him a ride ( AT) was Also the kid who he got into a fight with. Why would he he offering Colin a ride if they just got in a fight .... Rumor has it this kid confessed to his gf at the time. (EB) Its been 8 years time for these little pukes (AT&NT&JA) to come clean . Off the drugs and about what really happened that night . According to sources the older brother of the suspected bully (NT) got a phone call the next morning and left work abruptly and never returned ... so where did he go ? My guess is he went to help his younger brother cover something up. These kids have been arrested for burglary and assault they have a long rap sheet! Coincidence I think NOT!

Based on what JusticeFCG has said, it seems the perpetrators of Colin's disappearance (and probable demise) are known. Tragically, justice has been extraordinarily slow in coming to those involved in robbing Colin of his life. It bothers me that some cases get an enormous amount of ongoing, long term attention, while others are left to languish. Perhaps it's time to draw on outside resources for help to find out what happened to Colin. Please forgive me in advance if I'm repeating any resources Colin's family has already sought. Cold Case Analysis Center | The College of Saint Rose; About Us – FOHVAMP; Home - Project: Cold Case; http://www.coldcasecrimes.org/index.html; NCSTL; In my opinion, a case that has remained unsolved and unresolved after eight years requires some kind of "outside" intervention and assistance. This case is especially frustrating in that, similar to the Wetterling case, the perpetrator(s) have/has most likely been on L.E.'s radar. Or have they? What an unacceptable tragedy it is that Colin's family and friends have absolutely no closure whatsoever on this nightmare. I pray it doesn't take decades more for them to get answers.

Yes, outside investigators are needed to take a fresh look at Colin's disappearance; individuals with no possible conflict of interest and a willingness to go *wherever* the evidence leads. Like all too many similar cases, this should have been solved long ago. How tragic for Colin's family and friends, and for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong