Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But my point is that I don't think LE ever actually said that the public is safe, or that the public should not be scared, as has been stated here as fact.

Yes, I was agreeing with you that they've never said that.

Edited to add: I wish we had a pinned post here listing all of the things talked about here as "fact" that are actually pure rumor/speculation.

I don't recall them asserting that the public was safe. I do recall them issuing the standard deflections that are designed to make sure panic doesn't consume the community. I do remember LE saying, when asking for tips, "the next time it could be your mother or sister...or father or brother." If a "next time" is thought to be at all probable to LE, I can't think that the public is safe.

They brought in self defence classes as well.

Self defense classes coming to Delphi

From that link, interesting comment which I think is often true. I’ve often heard girls screaming in a park where I live and each and every time they’re just horsing around, having fun. Some are “screamers” more than others.
Slifer cautioned that people feeling threatened should yell, not scream.
“We yell. We don’t scream because scream is associated with child’s play,” he said....”

I read 'elsewhere' that one of the young woman witnesses also said she said 'hi' to BG and got scary vibes or similar.
I remember reading one article that mentioned a young girl who was with other friends. In the parking lot? The article I read she said her friends were occupied with something else and didn't pay attention to the guy. I wish I could find the article.

I find it interesting to reread and listen again to previous things presented in MSM close to the time of the crimes. Things that are mentioned and never followed up on by the media. I wonder how much info or clues were missed or lost in this way. I probably heard the video clip before and forgot it when I do not recall hearing anything more about it. I wish I had time to go back through these things. I can follow two cases at a time but not actively contribute daily. I do find the time to read daily but only because I am retired.

In terms of the investigation and the direction of the investigation, I definitely think this is a cold case. But there is one exception and that is the audio/video Liberty German captured with her phone. If someone can sit back and distinguish that from the two bad sketches, then I think this case could change tomorrow.

The case of Abigail Williams and Liberty German is a cautionary tale. It is an example of the fact that even with evidence, a voice, and a picture, you still need someone to connect it to. Detectives still need to do their jobs as thoroughly as they would if they did not have all that evidence. And they need to be careful to remember to consider every case on a case-by-case basis. Public places present problems because they can be accessed by anyone. This would be especially evident if the killer is not from Delphi, IN or the surrounding area. The idea that he worked, lived, or traveled to Delphi covers just about any sort of association since in order to know a place, all of us usually become familiar with a place for some reason that requires us to have travelled there.

This is definitely a cold case now. I do not think the detectives are going to solve this case by something they do. This is what I mean by "cold case." If this case is ever solved, in my opinion, it will be because of a 14 year old girl pulling out her phone and hitting record.
What if the POI is in law enforcement?

Byline of the linked article is more than a year ago, and I seem to recall that CE has been discussed extensively. Don't recall if there was any followup by LE after DNA collection, or if he was ever conclusively ruled out:

By LOUISE BOYLE IN UNION CITY, INDIANA FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 14:33 EDT, 23 January 2019 | UPDATED: 13:12 EDT, 24 January 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Zombie article, I think--this happened in January 2019.

But it is interesting. With both this guy and DN, the local LE wasn't very interested but ISP said they'd be looking into it. Maybe ISP is just being more polite, I don't know, but it does make me wonder...
I think LE would be remiss if they did not look into anyone who could be considered by the public as a viable potential POI even if they do have a real suspect. A defense lawyer's dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good episode on Delphi in the True Crime Garage Podcast just came out. I’m almost finished listening to it now. No new information obviously, but is a good summary for newbies and also discusses some rumors that have been online on other forums. Might be worth checking out for those not as familiar with the case! JMO
Wow! A really good discussion here between one of the hosts of "True Crime Garage" and another podcast. Not the usual format for this podcast, but an interesting one. They pose different theories, the most interesting is at the end where the host of this podcast gives his thought on how a second person might be involved and relates it to why two victims were selected and not a single victim. Also some interesting thoughts on why this might be someone who has killed before based on information recently released on another podcast, "Down the Hill". Not that I agree with all of it, but it is interesting nonetheless. They do discuss rumors, but we can't address those here.
Delphi Murders Discussion ////// 395

You might be thinking of the “man in black”. Before the photo taken from the video was publicly released a teen iirc told a reporter her friend/s saw a man in black that same day. It was discussed quite a bit on these early threads but whether it was a credible sighting or not is unknown as nothing more was ever mentioned. Many of those older news articles are now nowhere to be found.
Gosh, no I never heard about him!

Last edited:
Wow! A really good discussion here between one of the hosts of "True Crime Garage" and another podcast. Not the usual format for this podcast, but an interesting one. They pose different theories, the most interesting is at the end where the host of this podcast gives his thought on how a second person might be involved and relates it to why two victims were selected and not a single victim. Also some interesting thoughts on why this might be someone who has killed before based on information recently released on another podcast, "Down the Hill". Not that I agree with all of it, but it is interesting nonetheless. They do discuss rumors, but we can't address those here.
Delphi Murders Discussion ////// 395
Thanks for posting. Very balanced, and reasonable speculations.

Time to wrap this one up, and perhaps it solves other cases in the process.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member